• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Proud To Be Fat?

im overweight. i eat just enough. im not into fatty foods. i hardly eat junkfood. as much as i love sweets, i seldom eat them not because they're fattening but because im prone to tonsillitis. i drink around 3 liters of water everyday. i love veggies. for in between snacks, i have a pack of crackers. i walk approximately 8000 steps a day. when i get home from ojt i do the dishes, clean our 3 storey house and do the laundry (for 7 people) every other day. i play basketball/volleyball/badminton on weekends. i do 10 laps every now and then. yet im still overweight. do i want to get slimmer? no. im active to keep my energy up as i do a lot of work. im happy with my figure. getting slimmer means getting a new wardrobe (and i hate shopping) and having your friends suspect you're on drugs. guys still show interest which proves im still attractive. blood sugar, cholesterol, bp are all normal.

yes im overweight. so what? :huh:

I'm fat. I'm not proud of it. There was a time when I was thin. I wasn't proud of that either. Losing weight and staying thin takes a lot of work. Getting fat is easy. I merely took the path of least resistance. I enjoyed the whole process of getting fat. Now I'm paying the price of all the food trips I took. Health-wise, I have not yet had any complications. My weight gain has reached its limit.

It is only now that I'm living on my own that I really get to choose the kind of food I eat. You can say that I'm making up for lost time. I have a feeling that I will reach a turning point once I have satisfied this need of mine to enjoy what used to be off-limits to me. At the rate I'm going, unless I haven't sampled a particularly addicting flavor, it won't be too far-off.

I have less concern for my physical appearance, so losing weight would be more or less a matter of satiety. By indulging myself to the point of gluttony, I believe that I have no more reason to say that I was deprived of my favorite foods. At the very least, I can tell myself that I enjoyed what life had to offer in terms of food.

Am I proud to be FAT? hmmm...honestly, I am not either proud or too shy about it. I am still wishing to have a sexy body..but that would be far from reality. I've been heavy since I was a baby. Tried lots of ways to trim down but failed. I guess lack of will power huh? but nonetheless, I know for sure that even if I am on the heavy side..I am CUTE! :P like what my handle states :P I am still doing best to lose some pounds or maintain my current state and make sure that I feel sexy inspite of the physical limitation.

For me, I am fat..I am on the heavy side..but definitely I don't look YUCKY. I am big..but I know and proud to say I exude sexiness and confidence. :) I am flat but not flat front and back!

My running principle is " I am fat but I am beautiful. I'd rather be one than be sexy and ugly..coz fat people like me can go on diet and be MORE beautiful...ugly people...no matter what they do..they are still ugly! " oops . :sick: ....tabi tabi po. :P

alam na ng mga matataba na mataba sila, di mo na kailangang sabihan siya na "huy ang taba mo naman." alam na rin nilang di maganda to sa kalusugan nila, di mo na kailangang sabihan sila nang sabihan. sa tingin mo wala silang ginagawa para pumayat? kung ikaw ay mataba at pumayat, good for you. di mo na kailangang ipangalandakan ito sa mga ganitong forum at sabihan ang ibang matataba na kailangan nilang magpapayat dahil ikaw kaya mo. unless siguro gusto mong ipagyabang at i-broadcast sa lahat na napalakas ng disiplina mo sa sarili. you're just doing this because you're concerned? na andami na kasing matataba na baka ano mangyari sa kanila? bakit ka magiging concerned sa kanila? kaanu-ano mo ba sila?

ang mga matataba alam na nila yang mga sinsabi ninyong pangit para sa kanila. meron silang ginagawa para pumayat. ang mahirap lang ay ang added pressure mula sa ibang "payat" na sabi nang sabi sa kanilang "magpapayat ka na kasi ganito at ganyan."

sa pagbabasa ko dito, ang dami pala talagang nagdi-discriminate sa mga matataba tsk tsk tsk.

i dont see their point either. may mga classmate ako na "sexy" and supposedly "healthy" sila. pero nung nagvolunteer kami sa geriatric home mas mahaba na nga ang tulog nila kesa sakin sila pa yung laging napapagod agad. sila pa yung tinatamad maglakad. so bakit ako maiingit sa kanila?! :huh:

alam na ng mga matataba na mataba sila, di mo na kailangang sabihan siya na "huy ang taba mo naman." alam na rin nilang di maganda to sa kalusugan nila, di mo na kailangang sabihan sila nang sabihan. sa tingin mo wala silang ginagawa para pumayat? kung ikaw ay mataba at pumayat, good for you. di mo na kailangang ipangalandakan ito sa mga ganitong forum at sabihan ang ibang matataba na kailangan nilang magpapayat dahil ikaw kaya mo. unless siguro gusto mong ipagyabang at i-broadcast sa lahat na napalakas ng disiplina mo sa sarili. you're just doing this because you're concerned? na andami na kasing matataba na baka ano mangyari sa kanila? bakit ka magiging concerned sa kanila? kaanu-ano mo ba sila?

ang mga matataba alam na nila yang mga sinsabi ninyong pangit para sa kanila. meron silang ginagawa para pumayat. ang mahirap lang ay ang added pressure mula sa ibang "payat" na sabi nang sabi sa kanilang "magpapayat ka na kasi ganito at ganyan."

I see your point entirely dude but its not really correct to generalize that those who share their "i got thin" stories are just out to brag or whatever... I think the spirit behind their post is "it can be done" ... now its really up to our "heavier" friends around if they want to do that or not.

What is important is you decide to get fit and lose weight not for someone else, not because of peer pressure but because YOU yourself want to be healthy and fit. Aesthetics should not be a major issue here - health should be.

i dont see their point either. may mga classmate ako na "sexy" and supposedly "healthy" sila. pero nung nagvolunteer kami sa geriatric home mas mahaba na nga ang tulog nila kesa sakin sila pa yung laging napapagod agad. sila pa yung tinatamad maglakad. so bakit ako maiingit sa kanila?!  :huh:

Tama yan! Wag ka mainggit... if the time comes when you do commit to losing weight, it should be FOR YOURSELF - because you want to do it not because other people put the pressure on you :)

I see your point entirely dude but its not really correct to generalize that those who share their "i got thin" stories are just out to brag or whatever... I think the spirit behind their post is "it can be done" ... now its really up to our "heavier" friends around if they want to do that or not.

What is important is you decide to get fit and lose weight not for someone else, not because of peer pressure but because YOU yourself want to be healthy and fit. Aesthetics should not be a major issue here - health should be.

i'll have to agree with him. i don't think that those who are telling their stories are doing it "purely" because they are "concerned". me halong yabang na rin siguro mga yun, aminin na rin natin. yun ay base sa karamihan lang ng mga nabasa ko dito. lalo na yung mga nagsasabing matataba sila dati at nagtataka sila kung bakit di magawa ng ibang matataba yung nagawa nila. opinyon ko lang po.

i'll have to agree with him. i don't think that those who are telling their stories are doing it "purely" because they are "concerned". me halong yabang na rin siguro mga yun, aminin na rin natin. yun ay base sa karamihan lang ng mga nabasa ko dito. lalo na yung mga nagsasabing matataba sila dati at nagtataka sila kung bakit di magawa ng ibang matataba yung nagawa nila. opinyon ko lang po.

I see your point and as I always say, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

However, if you read my post ang sabi ko is ... its not correct to generalize. Ibig sabihin, yeah maybe some of them are nagyayabang as you put it... but not all of them would have that attitude. Unfair din naman na i generalize nating lahat sila ay nagyayabang because we dont know what goes on in their minds anyway.

Napaka negative naman sabihin na pagyayabang lahat ng intention ng mga nag po post na mataba sila dati at pumayat.

Yan naman eh opinyon ko din po.

I was thin... I got "fat" but I prefer chubby...

I was chubby... I lost weight...

I lost weight... I gained it again...

Its just a matter of choice... like everything is...

You are what you chose to be...

I'd rather be "fat" or "thin" because I chose to be one... and not what other people thought that I should be... :thumbsdownsmiley:

So be proud of who you are no matter what you're perceived to be...

Just my 2 cents... :hypocritesmiley: