Fuel Saving Tips

1) Before the savings, make sure that you're not being short-changed in your fuel purchase. Choose a gasoline station that regularly calibrates its pump machines.

2) Regularly have the fuel filter checked.

3) Release the accelerator when car's in high speed and road's flat and plain.

4) Shift to the next higher gear without fully stepping on the accelerator.

5) Keep the vehicle light and make sure that the tires' air pressure is adequate.

6) Park your car under the shade. The cooling system of your vehicle will entail a lot of energy when the car's hot.

7) Always refer to the car's manual regarding the right fuel (octane rating) to be used for better efficiency.

An additional tip:

Refer to the car's manual regarding the kind of engine oil to be used. The engine oil's price is not a guarantee that it's the best for your car.

Be safe on the road. :)

Guest nick fury

1. As much as possible, don't exceed 2,000 rpm (revolutions per minute) before shifting gears or while driving in a highway.

2. Take the roads less travelled meaning pass roads going to your destination which you know only a few cars pass so that you won't stop often since frequent stopping and going consumes more gas.

• 1 year later...

When driving along highways which have light traffic and you're speeding, put your transmission in neutral a kilometer before the next stop light. Once you do this, you will notice that the revolutions per minute goes down.

I do this especially inside the village where I live. When I know a hump is about 100 meters ahead, I put the transmission on neutral and just let the car coast. No use pumping the gas and then suddenly breaking upon reaching that hump. Also, when approaching a flyover, I try to accelerate prior to reaching that flyover and let go of the gas as the car climbs the fly-over. Constantly applying gas while ascending a fly-over also eats up a lot of gas since the engine needs to work harder to overcome gravity.

Cars are normally more highly efficient fuel-wise at high gear. Driving too slowly means you drive on low-gear which eats up more gas. So when traffic isn't too heavy, I normally try to cruise between 60 and 80 kph (depending on the speed limit) to take advantage of driving on high gear.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Use the help of gravity. Shift to highest gear possible on the way down hill if it's safe enough (no sharp turn on the way down or on city drive on the fast lane) and get the highest speed possible uphill. Then down shift to catch on the power. For manual drivers only. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...