Fuel Saving Tips

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Weight reduction, i removed 2nd-3rd row seats from my van. For city driving I maintain 1/2 to 1/4th level of fuel in the tank. No /need to drive around with the entire weight of a 55L worth of fuel in your vehicle. There are tons of reputable fuel stations in any area. But avoid going lower than 1/4 so that the dirt trapped at the bottom of the tank wont go into your fuel system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Use alternative (walk if possible, MC if alone)

2. Refill your gas during night time or early morning

3. Fill your tires with nitrogen tires else check your tires once in a while (e.g. weekly)

4. Avoid stepping on the gas if not necessary

5. For MT, shift your gear at most 2000 RPM

6. Reduce your thermostat to comfortable level (case to case basis specially during noon time)

7. Tint your car

8. Perform regular maintenance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys share ko lng, not endorsing this Credit Card pero Security Bank Cashback Mastercard helps a lot, it give 4% cashback on gasoline, and have a lot more like 5% sa groceries, 3% sa utilities like meralco, maynilad etc... well back to the business 4% to gas cashback pag nagpafull tank ka or atleast like 2k worth of gas my 80php kng cashback, well may limit din naman sya guys up to 2000php per month lng sya, but hell! where can you get that dba! if you''re going to ask for its annual fee, it cost 3,500php (not sure, included na kc sa monthly bills and d ko nccheck). I dont know if pwedeng mawaive ung annual fee...

Drove a friend's Subaru Forrester over the weekend. I saw the "Cruise mode" of the vehicle and had to try it on our way back from Baguio. I just noticed na I used lesser gas on our way home vs the time when my right foot was on the gas on our way up.

So, is using the Cruise control on the Expressway an effective way to save gas?

BTW we used the same route (NLEX-SCTEX-TPLEX) going to Baguio and coming back