Fuel Saving Tips

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dont try to own one. fuel saved.

off topic po... either post it here (with permission sa gobyerno hehehe) or pa pm po thanks! god bless :)

anyways off topic mga sir konting idea lang po - i'm planning to buy a car.... for my gf.... she dont know how to drive....... so i said kuha na muna tayo second hand.... so now.... i'm trying to find a second hand car, small cars lang, vios, yaris, city mga ganun type, (basta matic and malakas ang aircon) price range po, para may laban naman tayo sa tawaran. :)

dont try to own one. fuel saved.

off topic po... either post it here (with permission sa gobyerno hehehe) or pa pm po thanks! god bless :)

anyways off topic mga sir konting idea lang po - i'm planning to buy a car.... for my gf.... she dont know how to drive....... so i said kuha na muna tayo second hand.... so now.... i'm trying to find a second hand car, small cars lang, vios, yaris, city mga ganun type, (basta matic and malakas ang aircon) price range po, para may laban naman tayo sa tawaran. :)

off topic na yan, gawa ka na bago thread...

reduce weight, unload un-needed stuffs, yong kotse ko may 24/7 road side assistance sa insurance, puro metro manila naman byahe ko, parang gusto ko unload spare tire and jack... pero mahirap na, baka ma stuck sa traffic yong rescue ng insurance...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ride on Train, Commute pa minsan minsan...if pede naman..I do that...I will take Train and Jeep/ Bus during days of trafic...Like Monday & Friday, specially friday pay day...and long weekend on next day...then drive my Car tue - thurs only.

Edited by scorpion2018

1. Check your tire pressure at least once a month. Under-inflated tires burn more fuel. If tires are 8 pounds under inflated, (not an uncommon condition), rolling resistance of the tires increases by 5 per cent.

2. At the pump, keep the hose in the tank until after the pump shuts off and make sure you allow all the fuel to pour out of the nozzle. As much as a quarter of a cup can pour from the hose. It's yours, you paid for it.

3. When appropriate, use your cruise control. This can save you up to 6 per cent in fuel consumption on the highway.

4. Corroded battery cables cause the alternator to work harder, using more gas. Have them cleaned as a matter of course with each engine check-up.

5. Don't let the vehicle idle for more than a minute. Idling consumes half-a-gallon to one gallon of gas per hour and pumps needless CO2 into the atmosphere. The modern engine will consume less fuel turning off and re-starting than idling for extended periods. We are already being faced with no-idle zones. Also, to effectively warm an engine, drive it, don't rev it. Engines only work hard under load and will warm up much quicker if you simply start the engine, wait for 20 seconds, (this builds the oil pressure,) and drive away.

6. Change the air filter at least the set number of times outlined in the owners manual, more if you drive in dusty conditions.

• 3 months later...