Call Center Side Effects

well one of my good friend here is now an insomiac..my brother is too..so, pati health affected..the good pay isnt worth risking your health

Yeah, mayroon pa nga, buong buhay nya sa Call Center puro graveyard shift.

Matututo ka ng manigarilyo

Mga kinakain mo halos puro INSTANT. Kaya walang sustansya, tataba ka.

Is it really worth it risking your health for more money?

well, for me the only problem that im dealing with right now is the summer HEAT!!! :grr:

ang hirap matulog!!!

smoking? it's not matututo... it's your choice na magyosi or ndi.

instant food? ndi naman. depende din sayo yun kung ano gusto mo kainin and you can always bring your own food para di na bibili...

you have your choices anyways!

well, for me the only problem that im dealing with right now is the summer HEAT!!! :grr:

ang hirap matulog!!!

smoking? it's not matututo... it's your choice na magyosi or ndi.

instant food? ndi naman. depende din sayo yun kung ano gusto mo kainin and you can always bring your own food para di na bibili...

you have your choices anyways!

true..matagal nako sa call center.. nde namn ako nagsmoke..coz i ayaw ko. nagbabaon na rin ako ngayon ng kanin pati ulam..heheh

tagal na rin ako sa ganitong trabaho.... ang huling work sa call center.... nasira na ang body clock ko.... kahit anong oras gising.... putol putol ang tulog... stressed out ka pa....nakawala ako pansamantala sa ganitong buhay 2 buwan na ngayon... humahanap ng trabahong pwedeng pangumaga na lang.... :) (para sa mga "younger ones" - kahit malaki sweldo....pansamantala lang ito ... kung ikaw ay IT try mo na makakuha ng trabaho as IT dito kahit maliit ang sweldo... tapos mag abroad ka.... yun ang pinaka mainam na maipapayo ko..... :D :D

one effect call center had on me is.... i begin to despise and hate QAs and TMs!!! panira sira ng grade.. biro mo.. perfect 5 na grade ko, as in perfect.... ng dahil sa lag time ng softphone to be able to get back to the customer within 5 minutes, na AUTOZERO ako... affected yung scorecard ko na perfect 5! langyang TM yan! argh!!!! sometimes i wonder why we agents get blamed to things we cant really control...

nakaka bobo daw? totoo ba yun?

depende sa account mo. sa technical support kasi machachallenge ka lagi... lagi magiisip tapos pilit mong uunawain ang mga likas na bobo sa information technology... example, yung mga malakas ang loob na gumamit ng dsl for fast internet access, akala nila pati performance ng pc nila bibilis pag dsl sila. o di kaya yung nagsign up ng dsl, di naman marunong mag internet in the first place. tapos sila pa galit di daw nagana service pero pag nag probe ka sila pala tong di marunong gumamit. masasabi mo na rin na nakakabobo, kasi minsan mahahawa ka sa kabobohan ng kausap mo... ako nga natulala one time... eto yung scene

customer: im having a problem sending and receiving emails

me: sir, may i have your email address so that i can pullup your account information here on my end.

customer: whats an email address?! speak english pls, i dont know what your talking about...

me: *silence* *natulala sa harap ng screen*

• 2 weeks later...
pag tsr ba, dapt super galing ka sa pc?

well not really. basta may alam ka and your good at analyzing, probing, investigating things, patience (kasi nga daming bobo na irate kang makakausap). likewise, its important to have good comm skills so that you can troubleshoot technical issues properly, making sure you explain things in an easy-to-understand manner since you wont be talking to geeks 90% of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
well not really. basta may alam ka and your good at analyzing, probing, investigating things, patience (kasi nga daming bobo na irate kang makakausap). likewise, its important to have good comm skills so that you can troubleshoot technical issues properly, making sure you explain things in an easy-to-understand manner since you wont be talking to geeks 90% of the time.

wow! spoken by a true technician! ashteeeg! :thumbsupsmiley:

i agree with the challenge. troubleshooting over the phone really requires good comm skills since not all computer users are computer literate. the challenge is not only to resolve your customers problem but also to have the customer understand what you are talking about.

being a tech support rep is really not hard and technical skills are learned over time (over the phone) hehehe :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

effect? stressful din ang work.

Its hard goin to work everyday and for your 9 hrs shift half of it(if your lucky) would be spending to talking to irrate customers... sometimes it kinda rubs off.. and you do loose your patience and you become an irrate agent too... tapos anjan pa QA's , TL's and OM's watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake then wala you get dinged for it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...