Call Center Side Effects

hello there,

i used to work at CVG ( insiders know what that means ) admittedly the salary is above par as from the others, ( and to think im a grad of CE ) and i was to finance my continuing education program just because of my high salary ( in construction as a project engr. i had a salary of 280/day ) i have been in construction again, and yes even after a year, i still feel the effects of my stint with the americans when it comes to business and the PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS CULTURE that is...well not the norm here ( you know, being frank about things, being asssertive, the "clothes" if its for daytime meeting ) and of course the salary... MISS KO NA :headsetsmiley:

I dont know, maybe i'll be coming back to save again, coz, im still paying for my pop's hospital bills.

i was under an outbound account ( KMS - CIS ) im not good at selling :)

i suppose we have a social life, too bad i wasnt able to have a relationship with the ladies...being 28 seemed overwhelming for the ladies at work..and to think im not the oldest.

Management was great

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hello there,

i used to work at CVG ( insiders know what that means ) admittedly the salary is above par as from the others

all the points on your post i do agree except this one ...

well it is project based PER ACCOUNT with it's own perks, but overall CVG is one of the most "BELEKOI" (for lack of the most appropriate term) of all the major players in the industry ...

IT NOW ALL BOILS DOWN TO NEEDING TO WORK AND NOT WANTING TO WORK ...

:thumbsdownsmiley: :grr: :thumbsdownsmiley:

let's see, i am an undergraduate working in a call center... all i can say i love my job...

my brother's a graduate of Computer Engineering, but i earn much more than he does... hehehehe! :headsetsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

peace bro! :mtc:

and for how long u think you going to stay working in a call center? do you think your still working on this company until you retire?

as for your brother be proud atleast he is working on his field and maybe someday may mag offer sa kanya ng maganda ang salary as being a computer engineer.

salary naman kasi sa IT kayo mismo ang dapat makipag negotiate on how much do you think ang dapat ipasweldo sa iyo ng company.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work in a CC. Napaka dami ng effect. That CC job was my 4th job. For the first time in my life, I have nightmares which were related to those calls. Not very cool.

Another thing, I have to shave eveyday kasi biglang bilis ang paghaba ng balbas at bigote ko.

This was also as time in which I had the most motorcycle accidents. I have got 6 motorcycle accidents during that 1 year period of working in cc. (Siguro dahil sa kapupuyat bumagal reflexes ko).

Ang isa pang nakakainis pati sexual life ko affected at dun na talaga ako na bad trip.

So, after 1 year sa cc. I called it quits.

Now, Im here sa abroad. Everything works very fine.

Ang sarap matulog sa gabi at ang the best bumalik ang bogli ko. hehehehe :thumbsupsmiley:

P.S.

OK naman mag work in a call center and Im not discouraging other people to work in cc.

Hindi lang talaga ako hiyang sa trabahong ito.

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Well callcenter is the place to be for people having difficulty in finding jobs related to their course(for newly grads) or field (for those who have job experiences already) and needs to earn for a living. While you are still reeling from the harse effects of unemployment, why not try this industry? Am sure you won't be bored right away with this kind of work as a call center agent. My still unemployed batchmates are asking me if there are Vacancies in our dept (IT) in the cc and so I told them to try agent positions first and then try their applications for the IT dept if there are openings thru the internal hiring program of the company. And they are like: oh, never mind. If I didnt get the job here in IT in the first place I really would try the agent position. BTW I started in this company as an OJT as the last pre-requisite for my College Graduation from there I acquired the skills and know-how at least in the Callcenter-IT level. But CallCenter IT is really less challenging than the IT in other industries. The downside of starting in this position is that I gain less experince because its really not that tough as compared to other branches of IT which is imposing future problems of having Inadequate skills when I decide to try other Industry's IT. But am glad I was able to help my parents with the expenditures at home. And regarding the health issue, I was able to sleep about 6 hours at home, during the bus ride going home, and around 2-3 hours of my shift at the office (sobrang walang ginagawa) I also walk about half a kilometer going home as an exercise plus using the Abwheel at the office and playing basketball on restdays. I also don't smoke and drink coffee. yes you heard it right, I dont drink coffee probably the only one in the industry without any dose of caffeine except fro the occassional Kopico coffee candy as a change (sukli) from the jeepney terminal. To make me up, all night I drink lots of water around 3-4 refils of my water bottle (600ml). I grew up on a healthy lifestyle so I think that keeps me going in the industry otherwise, I wont last may good 10 months of stay here so far. :)

Hmmm.. that really depends on what department you are on IT. Helpdesk, Telephony, Network, o data? Pero ako challenging sa akin ang IT Network.... peace bro... :mtc:

• 2 months later...
what wrong with that? :unsure:

wala naman pero siempre ang pinopoint out lang ni pabling. sana magamit mo ang napagaralan mo sa college :). side effects. di ka makatulog ng normal lalo na kung night shift kayo. anyways tapos na ako sa ganitong profession and i vow not to work for a a call center again.

and for how long u think you going to stay working in a call center? do you think your still working on this company until you retire?

as for your brother be proud atleast he is working on his field and maybe someday may mag offer sa kanya ng maganda ang salary as being a computer engineer.

salary naman kasi sa IT kayo mismo ang dapat makipag negotiate on how much do you think ang dapat ipasweldo sa iyo ng company.

well if your looking in the short run ok yang present situation na yan. but in the long run of course its much better to have a degree. if you have plans of migrating to another country like canada kelangang degree holder ka. hindi uubra yang work experience sa call center.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, pajoin pow...

side effects!? nahihiyang ako s CC, kya nanaba ako, prang lobo.hehe.

nung pmsok ako d2 9 months ago, ok pa ko. then on my 1st month, ive noticed na medyo lumalaki n ko, pro la ko gnwa, hehe. tpos d n ngkasya ung mga pants ko den every payday bumibili n ko ng mga pants n mas maluwang kc wla n tlga kasya,... la kcng exercise eh, kc bunog mgdamag nakaupo k lng, ngata ng ngata, tpos after shift, antok k n. pgkagising mo, nkakatamad nmn kng mggygym k p. kya tulog n lng ule o kain n lng.

in 3-4 months tym, alis n ko s CC, not bcoz im not being paid off well, work concerns or watsoever pro gs2 kng maexercise ako hbang ngwowork, just lyk my previous work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ngayon ko lang nakita 'tong thread na 'to..

anyway, been in the industry for about 3 years now. started out as a directory assistance operator, then shifted to a fraud analyst for a foreign bank, then currently, became a loan processor for a mortgage lender in the US. all i can say is that the call center job is actually like any other local job available in the country.. outsourced nga lang sila. downside of the job? obesity, amnesia, low blood count, vertigo, throat, heart, and lung problems (coffee, smoking, & too much talk), a less-than-better sex life (on the contrary...) broken relationships, broken families, etc. ang dami eh. but bottom line: kung ano ang ginagawa ng customer service rep ng globe, smart, pldt, citibank, SCB, unilever products, etc. ganung din sa call center jobs na nagsilipana ngayon.. yun lang..

• 3 weeks later...

it really works for me.. at some point.

- working nightshift is good coz i hate the sun. i hate when it's too hot. less traffic. less crowd

- pay is good. and i love the western culture in terms of business. very transparent. i get to know what the result of my work and my working environment is very healthy. they motivate the agents really good and positive criticism helps a lot.

however..

i became more impatient. since assertive, direct to the point and hindi paikot-ikot ang ugaling kelangan sa trabaho ko, un na rin ung nakasanayan ko sa buhay outside work. i mean, i begin hate waiting. i want to get answers right away. i get demanding.

-- i never got sick. but my eyebags are bigger. less social life. and gasgas throat mo. hehe!!

-- good thing may vacation leaves. you can unwind once in a while..

Edited by _Honey_