Call Center Side Effects

• 3 weeks later...

haha kakatuwanaman mga side effects having the call center world....

bad effect...

1 di na ko makasabay sa gimicks and malling ng mga friends ko... di ko na sila masabayan sa mga movies ko... ending huli ako sa mga chismax sa mga love life nila

2. di na ko maka pag jog and hindi na din ako makakain ng breakfast the imp meal for the day kasi nga instead of eating... I'll rathe sleep..

3 pag sat hindi na ko sanay matulog ng maaga i need to watch 2 to 3 dvd's para lang antukin

4 sira na baga ko... hehehe not because nag smoke ako pero lahat ng officemate mo nalalanghap mo yosi nila every break lolz

and true yung nabobobo ka kasi sama spiels lang sinabsabi mo hindi na ko makapanuod ng news... even televison show...

naadik na din ako sa massage kasi nga 12 hours ka man nakaupo di bah?

but i have to be thankful kasi dahil dito i bought my own house =) awee naki epal lang po =)

Edited by Wyld
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think mababaw pa mga naging effect sa inyo, sa 'kin, been working for call centers since 2004 and now meron na akong Diabetes type 2, hypertension and buti ngayon na maintain ko na weight ko before I used to weight 200lbs! yeah very redundant ang work, constipation in some and for me diarrhea (hehehe) so I think being paid at least 20k a month ain't worth it in the long run. mas ok pa mag work sa government. sayang nga lang at halos lahat ng experience ko galing ng call centers so nag open n lng ako ng computer shop.

I have a friend who had a nervous breakdown because of stress.. And yes, he worked in a Call Center.. Buti na lang maganda ang trabaho ng asawa, dahil he had to leave that industry and because of his age, wala na siguro na ibang work for him..

Edited by revi

as a fresh grad (years ago) i also applied for a call center work...all i can say is hindi rin biro ang trabaho.

one more thing is kahit malaki ang sweldo sagad naman yun sa huling sentimo in terms of stress na maeencounter mo both sa office as well as your health.iba talaga ang tulog sa gabi kesa sa umaga.

totoo yung mga sinabi sa 1st page, it even came to a point na sarili namin aso tinatahulan na ko dahil di na ko kilala.

And my friends noticed na parang ang dali kong tumanda.

Ewan ko kung ako lang tlaga nagkaron ng traumatic experience because na experience ko yung mga "forced overtime"; forfeited leaves (simply because kulang daw sa tao kaya hindi inaaprove yung leave request mo).tapos pag umabsent ka naman cite form agad ang katapat pagbalik mo...kaya tuloy lahat natutong maging imaginative in terms alibis kapag hindi ka nakapasok.

Our society should not look down on cc professionals for they are working decently, fighting fair and square so that at the end of the day they're able to bring food to the table, what we should look down at and really scrutinize are the callcenter companies who exploit their employees in terms of the above mentioned negative experiences.

sinwerte lang after my 1st year nakalipat na agad ako ng normal work in a multinational company at the same time related to my field with a salary at par and even surpassed that of what i used to have in a cc, good karma siguro from the negative experiences ko when i was still working in a call center.

One thing i would like to recommend in order to help out other jobhunters out there specially those eyeing on the call center industry is to post in this thread the exact name of the call center they're working at and what current practices do they find unfair or to the point wherein youre starting to have this suspicion that your company's practice may already violating the labor law of the Philippines.

And for lawyers na makakabasa especially those who have inclination on labor law, we highly encourage your feedback.

as a fresh grad (years ago) i also applied for a call center work...all i can say is hindi rin biro ang trabaho.

one more thing is kahit malaki ang sweldo sagad naman yun sa huling sentimo in terms of stress na maeencounter mo both sa office as well as your health.iba talaga ang tulog sa gabi kesa sa umaga.

totoo yung mga sinabi sa 1st page, it even came to a point na sarili namin aso tinatahulan na ko dahil di na ko kilala.

And my friends noticed na parang ang dali kong tumanda.

Ewan ko kung ako lang tlaga nagkaron ng traumatic experience because na experience ko yung mga "forced overtime"; forfeited leaves (simply because kulang daw sa tao kaya hindi inaaprove yung leave request mo).tapos pag umabsent ka naman cite form agad ang katapat pagbalik mo...kaya tuloy lahat natutong maging imaginative in terms alibis kapag hindi ka nakapasok.

Our society should not look down on cc professionals for they are working decently, fighting fair and square so that at the end of the day they're able to bring food to the table, what we should look down at and really scrutinize are the callcenter companies who exploit their employees in terms of the above mentioned negative experiences.

sinwerte lang after my 1st year nakalipat na agad ako ng normal work in a multinational company at the same time related to my field with a salary at par and even surpassed that of what i used to have in a cc, good karma siguro from the negative experiences ko when i was still working in a call center.

One thing i would like to recommend in order to help out other jobhunters out there specially those eyeing on the call center industry is to post in this thread the exact name of the call center they're working at and what current practices do they find unfair or to the point wherein youre starting to have this suspicion that your company's practice may already violating the labor law of the Philippines.

And for lawyers na makakabasa especially those who have inclination on labor law, we highly encourage your feedback.

Dapat man lang i compensate ka sa leave mo. Mali yung ginawa nila. You got to do what you got to do just to get off the hook. Akala kasi noong ibang tao nakaupo ka lang sa trabaho at ganoon lang kadali. Sila kaya magtrabaho sa call center.

Tama lang yung ginawa mo chief na nagresign ka at lumipat ka sa ibang company. Dapat ginawa mo siguro pang ganti resign kaagad. Yon lang ang pang ganti mo sa kanila.

Dapat man lang i compensate ka sa leave mo. Mali yung ginawa nila. You got to do what you got to do just to get off the hook. Akala kasi noong ibang tao nakaupo ka lang sa trabaho at ganoon lang kadali. Sila kaya magtrabaho sa call center.

Tama lang yung ginawa mo chief na nagresign ka at lumipat ka sa ibang company. Dapat ginawa mo siguro pang ganti resign kaagad. Yon lang ang pang ganti mo sa kanila.

in terms of compensation is nabayaran naman nung final computation ng last pay....pero what made me felt so unfair was when your trying to file for a leave no matter how valid (ex. birthday ng nanay, etc.), they wouldn't let you just because there is not enough SLA according to traffic...you'll have no choice but to either be absent na lang...pagbalik mo cite form ka na daw...hahaha...i find that stupid....much more since hindi ko pa nga masyado nacoconsume mga leave ko ang daming naipon to the point that yung iba hindi na maeencash...nung pa resign na ko i asked for permission to file for terminal leave just to consume the leaves na hindi naman macoconvert to cash...aba ayaw pa din pumayag, that blew it! as in wala ng chain of command...wala ng TL TL, wala na rin OPS manager..i went straight to HR with a no holds barred, straight no bullshit airing of my complaints...ayun pinayagan ako mag terminal leave..hahaha!

when it comes to the "forced OT" eto lang nalaman ko..when i raised it to HR since i was already about to resign at hindi na ko takot...nalaman ko na lang that HR doesn't know na ang operations dept pala is enforcing this without consulting them...so ayun parang ako pa yata yung naging squealer pero beneficial pa din naman para dun sa mga naiwan since ang balita ko is ngayon daw hindi na raw sila nagpapa forced ot, voluntary na lang daw tapos yung mga magvovolunteer malaki ang OT pay....i guess takutan lang din e kasi nung nakita nilang papalag na ko at talgang paglalaban ko na yung mga benefits na talagang dpat naman naeenjoy ko...pumayag din...yun nga lang baket kailangan pa ng ganun kung pwede naman pala to begin with.

kaya advise ko sa mga Call center peeps out there, kahit walang union ang company nyo (kasi nga callcenter companies doesnt allow it)... as long as you know your rights! by all means go fight for it...minsan kasi may mga practices ang ops na wala pala sa alignment with HR kaya pag ganun go straight to HR!.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

basta ako happy ako sa job ko...

marami ako natutunan

malaki sweldo ko

maraming nagiging friends

ok ang management sa amin ewan ko lang sa ibang callcenter..

and the best part of it...nakakapagsayaw pa ako..member kasi ako ng dance club namin eh!

guys...invite ko na din kayo..meron thread ang call center boys and girls dito...you'll find it sa groups and chapters

• 3 weeks later...

Is it legal for call centers "not to allow" employees to join or form unions? I checked my contract and it does not stipulate anything about preventing anyone from joining unions. It is every employees' right to join unions for it helps in enforcing check and balance in the work place. I guess everyone's either afraid or just way too immature to even think of joining unions.

I'm already in my mid-30's and what I've noticed is that most call center employees are just too preoccupied with their salaries and how they'll spend it.. pizzas, new cellphones and gadgets, gimmicks, team buildings, new clothes and shoes... etc. Hardly anyone care about other benefits like vacation leaves, sick leaves (and the proper application and implementation thereof), health benefits, RETIREMENT or separation pay.

Do any of you guys see yourselves working in the call center industry to the point of reaching the retirement age? If not, then I guess it's safe to say that the call center industry is just purely a stepping stone or dead end job.