Call Center Side Effects

Practical answers will do.

1. Because I think this is quite the easiest way for me get a job and earn some money than waiting for another job on my field.

2. I just tried my luck if your company will hire me.

3. As long as I can (pang bobola would be 3 to 5 years)

4. I can be the best always. (always think of something that will impress the interviewer kahit na hindi ka ganon kagalingan daanin mo sa bola na sa tingin mo eg kaya mo panindigan)

ok po cge.. thanks.. ano ba ung tamang way ng pagsagot pag ang question eh descryb urself? ano ba ung gs2 marinig ng interviewer?

I wanna say hi to all the CC Folks out there!...what I like about the call center industry is how they usually pay their employees...I would think that our company might have the lowest pay in the industry but it is still better than the usual bank/office job...we don't need to go to the office in a long sleeves shirt..simple business casual would do...we even have dress down days for weekends,,holidays and some other special occations...the bad thing is people look down on what we do...they would always sa that.."nakakabobo un trabaho niyo noh?"..I don't always mind them because they don't really know what we are doing..they think that it is just so simple we would just need to talk with customers...I would just tell them to take my seat just for 1 day...see if he/she can withstand the pressure...if they can then good...if not..then they don't have the right to say bad things to us...another 1 is our body..one of our TL's just died because of pneumonia recently...it really destroys your body..,despite that he needs to travel all the way to the Imus Cavite everyday..being awake when almost all the people are at home resting...and sleeping all day when we get home...just be careful guys...take care of yourselves... :headsetsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Call Center Agent's Top 10 Diseases : :thumbsdownsmiley:

1. Lung cancer (habitual smoking)

2. Bone fracture (long hours of sitting)

3. Lock jaw (excessive talking with matching "chika pa kasi")

4. Cataract (exposure to PC radiation...good thing most call centers already use LCDs)

5. Stress & anxiety (Damn, those irrate callers)

6. Impotency (lack of SEX, sometimes it's better to sleep instead during your rest days)

7. Fatigue (lack of sleep)

8. Asthma (Sige, takbo! Late ka na naman!)

9. Constipation (30 minutes of lunch...yoyosi pa kasi eh)

10. Forgetfulness (Anong araw na ba?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here are a few reasons why I left the industry nearly a year ago:

1. My doctor told me something was wrong with my nerves and my over 4 years in the graveyard shift was the cause of it.

2. Over 90% of the jobs that were being offered to me on JobStreet, JobsDB, etc were ALL call center jobs. As if I wasn't capable of doing anything else.

3. I wanted to go and start on my own business again.

Sa ngayon happy na ako sa ginagawa ko. I've started on my business (check my signature) and am making good money. Syempre, may tulong din ang call center industry sa akin, nakaka-miss ang mga tao, pero di na talaga ako babalik sa industry na yan!

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with working in a call center if you have a college degree is that many companies outside the call center industry will not and will never hire past call center agents.

Their reason: Undisciplined or difficult to discipline; can be trained to do things but can not think out of the box.

Also applies to higher ranks. The only people who work in a call center that can be hired in other industries are those in IT and HRD. Operations Managers and other high ranking managers in operations of a call center do not matter outside the call center industry.

Edited by Cain N Moko
Problem with working in a call center if you have a college degree is that many companies outside the call center industry will not and will never hire past call center agents.

Their reason: Undisciplined or difficult to discipline; can be trained to do things but can not think out of the box.

Also applies to higher ranks. The only people who work in a call center that can be hired in other industries are those in IT and HRD. Operations Managers and other high ranking managers in operations of a call center do not matter outside the call center industry.

THIS IS TRUE!!! My husband has a hard time finding a job outside of the call center industry kahit na he's already a Team Leader!!! :grr: :grr:

• 2 weeks later...
Call Center Agent's Top 10 Diseases : :thumbsdownsmiley:

1. Lung cancer (habitual smoking)

2. Bone fracture (long hours of sitting)

3. Lock jaw (excessive talking with matching "chika pa kasi")

4. Cataract (exposure to PC radiation...good thing most call centers already use LCDs)

5. Stress & anxiety (Damn, those irrate callers)

6. Impotency (lack of SEX, sometimes it's better to sleep instead during your rest days)

7. Fatigue (lack of sleep)

8. Asthma (Sige, takbo! Late ka na naman!)

9. Constipation (30 minutes of lunch...yoyosi pa kasi eh)

10. Forgetfulness (Anong araw na ba?)

aw ang dami =/

guys tulungan nyu aman aq. Nahi2rapan aq sa mga questions pag interview na.. Ok ung english q, hndi cla nag co2ment dun, dun lan sa answers q.. kamote aq sa mga tanong na ganito..btw, hrm grad po aq, hirap maghanap ng work para sa course q sa ngaun, lagi wla vacancy, e2 ung mga tanong:

i guess their not really into the answers e.they're just testing your english skills e,

coz how can u explain the hypothetical questions dba?

well its just my opinion peace

guys tulungan nyu aman aq. Nahi2rapan aq sa mga questions pag interview na.. Ok ung english q, hndi cla nag co2ment dun, dun lan sa answers q.. kamote aq sa mga tanong na ganito..btw, hrm grad po aq, hirap maghanap ng work para sa course q sa ngaun, lagi wla vacancy, e2 ung mga tanong:

i guess their not really into the answers e.they're just testing your english skills e,

coz how can u explain the hypothetical questions dba?

well its just my opinion peace

Suggestion ko pare pagka ininterview ka go straight to the point. Mas ok na konti lang ang sinabi mo pero may meaning kesa naman marami kang sinabi pero panay bola lang pala.

I worked in this industry for almost 7 years from one job code to another. I stopped kasi masyadong stressful na and I don't wanna grow older than my age :D I lot of people think it's easy to work in a call center... well, they're absolutely wrong!

yup, absolutely wrong. if you want an easy job, go be a janitor or something menial.

i quit the call center world nearly a year ago now mostly because they won't take me out of the graveyard shift. i don't regret leaving!

yup, absolutely wrong. if you want an easy job, go be a janitor or something menial.

i quit the call center world nearly a year ago now mostly because they won't take me out of the graveyard shift. i don't regret leaving!

Well akala kasi ng ibang tao pagka call center agent ka nakaupo ka lang. Nakakapagod mentally ang trabahong ito. Kelangan maging pasensyoso ka all the time dahil minsan mga kausap mo may pagkabobo hehehe.

Pero ako ayaw ko na sa ganitong trabaho. Believe lang ako sa sahod kasi malaki comared to the average salary of an ordinary employee. Pero yung trabaho itself turned off ako. Minsan para kayong ginagawang high school ng mga OM. Pinagbigyan ko lang naman ang ermats ko kaya ako pumasok sa ganitong trabaho. But if I had my way at may pera ako no way akong papasok sa ganitong trabaho.

• 3 weeks later...
Isang hindi ko nagustuhan sa call center, repetitive. Yun at yun ang gagawin mo araw araw. nag-iiba ang calers pero pare apreho ang problema.

Oo yon ang nakakainis. Kaya ung mga kausap mo minsan naasar parang robot daw ang kausap nila at hindi tao. Dahil sa quality bullshit yan. Bottomline hindi naman interesado ung client sa quality of call. ang importante ma resolved ang issue nila.

1. 4 hours nalang ang tulog ko almost everyday...

2. i think i have lost some of my hearing due to the fact that i wear a headset for almost 8 straight hours...i always crank the volume up real loud whenever i play some tunes at home...

3. lumaki ang tyan ko sa kakainom ng beer...

4. i've been to places i've never thought i'd go to in my lifetime just for inuman...slum areas, creekside houses etc...(no offense to anyone, just ain't used to going to these kinds of places)

5. i always look forward to gimik and sleeping on weekends...it's like i just go to work just to get through the week...

6. nag-boom bigla at naging super active ang sex life ko...(2 years ago un, ngayon hindi na masyado)

7. na-BOBO ako...i forgot almost everything i learned in college and law school...