Call Center Side Effects

:boo: I DOUBT IT!!!  :thumbsdownsmiley:

How can you be active with your SEX LIFE if you're way too tired the whole work week and pretty exhausted ???  :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe you can have S once or twice a month but doing it once or twice a week won't be a healthy  :sick: habit for us since we're lacking of sleep everyday... :wacko:

ang tanong tatagal ka ba?? :D :P

ang sagot ko naman.. ika nga sa commercial... "ako pa... :P :P :P"

side effect

(+) u can double or even triple ur salary (by commissions > if ur a telemarketer)

(+) free internet... ang bilis pa ng connection :cool:

(+) walang traffic on d way 2 work... :)

(-) ang laki ng tax... sweldo na ng ordinaryong manggagawang pilipino.

(-) la ka din laging 2log. :sick: (ang init kc sa umaga & maliwanag pa)

(-) adik kna sa kape! B)

some call center offers a competitive package and you can practice what you took up in college (being a compsci grad, im able to apply what i learned in college and be updated with the latest tech) plus there's no traffic so commute is easy but it affects your health (stress, not enough sleep, etc). i should know. it's one of the reasons why i had a miscarriage.

side effect

(+) u can double or even triple ur salary (by commissions > if ur a telemarketer)

(+) free internet... ang bilis pa ng connection :cool:

Magkano kaya ang ave and maximum commission sa cc? galing ako medrep and gusto ko sana outgoing sales kasi ma miss ko comission :blush:

puede ba magdala sariling laptop? :)

kung incomming agent ka mag ilang calls tinatangap nyo sa isang shift?

Im not in call center industry although im looking into it.

I was once a DJ. Log-in time was 7pm and log-out time is 3am. Although there were days na log-in is 5pm and log-out na 4am.

Suggestion ko siguro sa mga nahihirapan matulog sa liwanag:

Try putting on blinds or drapes or curtains on your window. Drapes or curtains don't have to be black (as it absorbs heat and transmits it into your room). Good colors are dark blue or olive green.

Or, if you have no time to find drapes, curtains and blinds, try sticking cardboard or used brown envelopes or folders with masking tape (but it won't be too visually appealing). Heck, if you still have none of those, you can use double or triple layers of newspaper (pero ang pangit naman tingnan). At least you can greatly minimize sunlight as you sleep.

And kung init ang problema, you might be able to afford an aircon (and the bill as well) if you're earning enough. If not, try using two electric fans. I used two electric fans before on summer months and only one during the colder months

Yes, those were the days when i slept at 5-6am and woke up 2-3pm. I only ate twice a day (plus merienda). I eat when i wake up, and again during work. I sometimes felt hungry after work and passed by a 24 hour restaurant before going home.

This is just a suggestion from someone who's been in a night-time job before

HAHAHAHA!!!

After reading this, nawala yung remorse na naramdaman ko after ko magtanggal ng 4 na tao kanina.

What do you know about the call center Industry?

Applicant: The call ctr. industry is booming out, side by side, somewhere else. (Huuuwhaaat?) 

Applicant: The call center is a booming industry for the past few days and I want to become part of

that boom! (sumabog ka sana!) 

Applicant: It's easy to be a call center, just looks arounds you, that why i want to become a call

center! (building ito!)

Out of nowhere:

Applicant: Oh im sorry, i sit corrected. (oo nga naman, nakaupo sha eh!)

Applicant: Im afraid to dead. I feel that im not ready to die.

Applicant: I usually play PS2 at night when there is no loud.

Recruiter: You look familiar. I think i already spoke to you before? Do you remember when you were last here?

Applicant: I think months from now. (psychic ito!)

Recruiter: Why do you want to work in a call center?

Applicant: From Manila Bulletin. (ang gulo... i drug test nyo na to')

Recruiter: Ah okay, but my question is, why do you want to work here?

Applicant: Well, I graduated from CEU with a course of blahblah..... (out...out...out....)

Applicant: I'm a work alcoholic.

Applicant: I'm the eldest and the only child in our family. (arrrgggghhh...ADIK KA!)

Applicant: I'm a hardworking...(yes..please continue...)

• 2 weeks later...
Magkano kaya ang ave and maximum commission sa cc? galing ako medrep and gusto ko sana outgoing sales kasi ma miss ko comission :blush:

puede ba magdala sariling laptop?  :)

kung incomming agent ka mag ilang calls tinatangap nyo sa isang shift?

it depends on ur account dude... & depende rin yan sa capacity ng agents bumenta! (selling skills) about d laptop thing... depende yan sa company... samin pwede yan as long as u will not use it during production hrs & d ka din gagamit ng electricity ng company. i dont know anything about customer service agents... (d ko pa na experience) Pero kng telemarketer ka, ul get an avg of 500 call per night. :headsetsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone!

I was an agent with PS for its travel account. My stay lasted 8 months. PS was my first call center job. It was tough for me, but somehow I managed to pass training and got regularized. To a certain extent, I also acquired some competency.

But I had to leave because my health was suffering -- mentally and physically. It was a hard decision because I've already invested a lot and was actually seriously considering a long-term career with the company.

I have nothing against PS or any other call center, but I think that call centers in the Philippines need to seriously think about the mental and physical cost of maintaining their operations to a generation of Filipinos. This is not an original theme. If you look at the experience of Indian call centers, they have a high attrition rate due to the stress of the job. And since India is now picking up economically, college graduates now have other job options aside from call centers. And they readily hang up their headsets for other more satisfying and less stressful jobs.

Questions: Do you you are being compensated enough given the stress that you have to endure due to the unholy hours of work and the pressured work environment? In the end, was it really a growth experience for you, or were you just tools for the company's growth? Are Filipino call center agents faring well compared to other call centers in the world? Are call center agents, for that matter, faring well compared to the companies they work for? Are the supposed perks of working in call centers really worth the stress of the job? Or are we into it simply because we do not have a choice?

Industry reports say that there are 40,000 call center jobs waiting to be filled up. This probably accounts for more than 80% of all jobs available in the country today. Is this good or is this deplorable?

Theser are just some thoughts that come to my mind when I try to make sense of my call center experience. I really would like to know what other agents have experienced and what their thoughts are on this matter.

If you want to talk about specifics, you may e-mail me at cyberpinoy1973@yahoo.com.

Thanks and have a nice day everyone!

in terms of salary...call centers have one of the most competetive salary...

in terms of career growth...well that depends on how ambitious you are cause there is a career in a call center and the supervisors and the managers are earning a LOT here...

with regard to health...well you really need to take care of your self specially if your working on night shift...drink a lot of vitamins and try to go to the gym...if you can't go to the gym at least do some excercise at home...

with regards to the stress at work...well that depends on how you deal with it...i'm already on my third year working in the call center and the only thing i do to manage stress is to play basketball and watch movies on my free time...

high salary pero nakakapagod.....

Oo siempre gagamitin ka ng todo talaga sa call. Let's face it kaya lang naman maraming nagcacall center dahil malaki ang offer un lang naman eh. Pero kung ka level nila ung sahod ng ordinary companies dito I doubt it kung maraming magaaply dyan. I'm glad im not working in a call center anymore. Hindi na rin ako magkakamaling pumasok sa ganitong profession ulit. Mas pipiliin ko pang magtrabaho ng 9am to 5pm Mon. to friday lang ang pasok at walang pasok pagka holidays at weekends. At ayaw ko na ring mag night shift. Marami akong mga kaibigan na nagresign sa call center dahil hindi nakayanan ang shifting schedules. At least ngayon negosyo na lang ng erpats ko ang pinapatakbo ko. Boss pa ako at wala pa akong problema sa oras. Hehehe.

P.S. baka mamaya may humirit na naman dyan na nakakainsulto itong pinost ko. Nothing against those people who work for call centers. Unfortunately hindi ko lang nagustuhan ung nature ng job sa call center. This is only my opinion. Ika nga post lang ito walang personalan.

Reality talaga is that there are people that are not for this type of job. I agree that this is ok if your starting out (quick way to save money) or if your studying (flexible skeds). Given the option to choose between practising what you studied in college vs a call center job, I'd always choose the former (specially if kung same level ng pay as a call center job pero that's not always the case :( )