Call Center Side Effects

yeah! i agree with you man...  a call center career is not for everyone. its under the customer service field and not everyone can really do this job. not everyone can provide excellent customer service. you maybe so good with technical stuff and the like but it all boils down to how you handle a particular inquiry or concern and work it out with the person on the other line.

saka may mga naririnig din ako na kakabobo sa call center, paulit ulit work. well like molotov said, any job would be a no brainer once you get the hang of it. saka not all call center job are script based. tech support accounts for example are tough. no script can replace the mind of a person who can probe and analyze problem well.

some would laugh off when they hear the word call center, call center agent, cust serv rep, and the likes. well i find it funny too when i applied for the TCCR position in convergys and saw some MORE TECHNICALLY INCLINED PEOPLE (one of them used to be a network admin pa nga), fail the screening process. hanggang technical know-how lang pero di naman maka-pag deliver, di ma-express ng maayos ang thoughts, and mahina communication skills.

im proud to have worked for a call center and to be working for another call center. i lear a lot, especially during training. im more of a computer geek now but i can also deliver and communicate well with other people. my customer handling skills has also improved and i can walk the walk, talk the talk when dealing with the most irate and angry customers.

not all are customer service oriented, my account is THE complete opposite of it. Im with credit and collections and this is going to be the new trend in outsourcing. its a lotta fun and this is an account wherein i can be myself ;)

the search for a better account or a better job never ceases....as far as from my experinece goes with this industry.......its just a matter of seeing it in a different light and how you will live with the idea...it gets to be a no brainer but with the account i am with now the learning never cease or the updates...at some its good to always learn something new everyday.....;)

not all are customer service oriented, my account is THE complete opposite of it. Im with credit and collections and this is going to be the new trend in outsourcing. its a lotta fun and this is an account wherein i can be myself ;)

cool! sounds like fun there huh! im happy with my account... its a technical account but i got things tied up and running smoothly

you should NOT be in customer support with that attitude

it looks like you DON'T realize that a "paper billing fee" is NOT a standard fee

i've been receiving and paying bills for over 30 years and this is the first time i've heard of such a fee

i too would have asked what it's for or why such a fee exists

yung bagong word sa pandinig mo may have been "ludicrous"

Pronunciation: 'lü-d&-kr&s

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin ludicrus, from ludus play, sport; perhaps akin to Greek loidoros abusive

1 : amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity

2 : meriting derisive laughter or scorn as absurdly inept, false, or foolish

synonym see LAUGHABLE

at least may bago kang natutunan  :rolleyes:

ay may nag react... :D

ok lang yung mag react ka sa mga sinabi ko... pero yung mag judge ka with bold letters that i should NOT be in customer support... mali na yan... you dont know me... you dont know how i work or where i work... so dont say that should NOT be in customer support ... matalino ka pa naman sana, base sa mga tinuro mong bagong word...

peace

Edited by monsignor28

I agree with this post and those related to it. Everyone needs to understand that the jobs in a call center only adapts to the requirements/profle and even values of the account (the client who is outsourcing the service) concerned. There are accounts that offer tremendous growth opportunities since the client continuously grows the business with the cal center while there are others who seem to be dead end no brainers because that client has no further plans with the service.

As far as knowing which is which, I guess this is where the applicants will be able to help themselves. Ask your interviewers about the clients track record with the call center. have they been expanding regularly? How often do they make progressive changes? Have they always been offeriing the same service?

the search for a better account or a better job never ceases....as far as from my experinece goes with this industry.......its just a matter of seeing it in a different light and how you will live with the idea...it gets to be a no brainer but with the account i am with now the learning never cease or the updates...at some its good to always learn something new everyday.....;)

nakakatawang post.. mejo exagerated naman hehehe! di naman lahat ng call center eh graveyard shift. may pumapasok din sa umaga. pero mas ok pa rin night shift, may night diff! hehee! saka pde ka naman mag leave tuwing holidays eh... so no problem! :P so far normal pa rin buhay ko, nakakagimik pa rin kme ng friends ko, although after gimik, sila uuwi na tapos ako papasok pa lang. sa bahay di naman parang boarding house lang. nakakapaglinis pa ko, nakakapagweights sa room ko, naglalaro PS2, nonood TV, nakakausap mom ko. all seems ok with me pa rin. at least wala me takehome work. masaya. after work, bahay lang iisipin ko, wala ng pesky homework tulad ng ibang normal day job. :cool:

What do you know about the call center Industry?

Applicant: The call ctr. industry is booming out, side by side, somewhere else. (Huuuwhaaat?)

Applicant: The call center is a booming industry for the past few days and I want to become part of

that boom! (sumabog ka sana!)

Applicant: It's easy to be a call center, just looks arounds you, that why i want to become a call

center! (building ito!)

Out of nowhere:

Applicant: Oh im sorry, i sit corrected. (oo nga naman, nakaupo sha eh!)

Applicant: Im afraid to dead. I feel that im not ready to die.

Applicant: I usually play PS2 at night when there is no loud.

Recruiter: You look familiar. I think i already spoke to you before? Do you remember when you were last here?

Applicant: I think months from now. (psychic ito!)

Recruiter: Why do you want to work in a call center?

Applicant: From Manila Bulletin. (ang gulo... i drug test nyo na to')

Recruiter: Ah okay, but my question is, why do you want to work here?

Applicant: Well, I graduated from CEU with a course of blahblah..... (out...out...out....)

Applicant: I'm a work alcoholic.

Applicant: I'm the eldest and the only child in our family. (arrrgggghhh...ADIK KA!)

Applicant: I'm a hardworking...(yes..please continue...)

Guest Leviticus

call center side effect:

1. NO SOCIAL LIFE

2. PANAY TULOG

3. HANGGANG PANAGINIP MAY KAUSAP

4. NO SOCIAL LIFE

5. NO TRAFFIC

6. MASAKIT SA MATA ANG DIRECT SUNLIGHT

7. NO SOCIAL LIFE

side effects?

im taking it differently, kasi 5am - 2pm ang sked . nirequest ko talaga siya. the night diff is not worth than the life im having now.

1. binabayaran ka para makipagtawanan at makipagkwentuhan ng 2 minuto sa customer ( depends on how u handle calls)

2. walang trabahong iuuwi sa bahay

3. pag naka absent ka ng ilang araw, hindi ka tatambakan ng work

4. pagkatapos ng work, pwede ka ng mag enjoy at magrelax, wala ng iisiping work

5. every monday, tengga time kami, nagtatawanan at kwentuhan with co agents.

basta, sa lahat ng trabaho, depende sayo kung saang side ka nakatingin.

side effects?

im taking it differently, kasi 5am - 2pm ang sked . nirequest ko talaga siya. the night diff is not worth than the life im having now.

1.  binabayaran ka para makipagtawanan at makipagkwentuhan ng 2 minuto sa customer ( depends on how u handle calls)

2. walang trabahong iuuwi sa bahay

3. pag naka absent ka ng ilang araw, hindi ka tatambakan ng work

4. pagkatapos ng work, pwede ka ng mag enjoy at magrelax, wala ng iisiping work

5. every monday, tengga time kami, nagtatawanan at kwentuhan with co agents.

basta, sa lahat ng trabaho, depende sayo kung saang side ka nakatingin.

san call center ka?...

side effect... dami fresh grad.... whehehe...fresh talaga

i'm now in my 6th month working in the contact center industry and til now, di pa rin ako nakakaadjust sa nightshift. 4 hours a day lang tulog ko sa araw, ang hirap! ano ba dapat gawin para naman matagal ang tulog? the plus side is im earning the equivalent of a VP in other companies and im just a manager here.

i'm now in my 6th month working in the contact center industry and til now, di pa rin ako nakakaadjust sa nightshift. 4 hours a day lang tulog ko sa araw, ang hirap! ano ba dapat gawin para naman matagal ang tulog? the plus side is im earning the equivalent of a VP in other companies and im just a manager here.

Wow sarap naman niyan... baka may opening pa diyan sa inyo pre for the same position :blush:

kakatakot pala ang posibleng manyari sayo sa call center.

Why should you be afraid of ??? :huh:

You're not battling out in IRAQ nor dealing with the ABU SAYYAF in MINDANAO ??? :unsure:

It's just that you are sacrificing your health since you were no longer living a normal life especially when you're on a MID SHIFT :sick: ... But aside from these negative facts... CALL CENTER :headsetsmiley: is still a very good source of income :cool: and a humble job. Think about it! :thumbsupsmiley:

nakakatawang post.. mejo exagerated naman hehehe! di naman lahat ng call center eh graveyard shift. may pumapasok din sa umaga. pero mas ok pa rin night shift, may night diff! hehee! saka pde ka naman mag leave tuwing holidays eh... so no problem! :P so far normal pa rin buhay ko, nakakagimik pa rin kme ng friends ko, although after gimik, sila uuwi na tapos ako papasok pa lang. sa bahay di naman parang boarding house lang. nakakapaglinis pa ko, nakakapagweights sa room ko, naglalaro PS2, nonood TV, nakakausap mom ko. all seems ok with me pa rin. at least wala me takehome work. masaya. after work, bahay lang iisipin ko, wala ng pesky homework tulad ng ibang normal day job.  :cool:

I AGREE... :thumbsupsmiley:

But when it comes to restdays when you are in a GRAVEYARD SHIFT... :blush:

Dmo na mafefeel yung 2 days restday mo kasi parang 1 and a half day nlng or prang 1 day nlng. :( But it's great especially when you are going on a friday and saturday night G-MIK coz you have slept during the day kya energetic ka pumunta ng mga BARS and NIGHTCLUBS... Hehehe.... :lol:

naging active ulit sex life ko!!!

:boo: I DOUBT IT!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

How can you be active with your SEX LIFE if you're way too tired the whole work week and pretty exhausted ??? :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe you can have S once or twice a month but doing it once or twice a week won't be a healthy :sick: habit for us since we're lacking of sleep everyday... :wacko: