Call Center Side Effects

• 2 weeks later...

i tried calling 911-1111... i got disgusted with the lady operator who took my call... she keeps on repeating what i said, at an annoyingly slow pace with a scripted tone... geez, i got so disappointed i just put the phone down...

call centers with graveyard shifts are for single people only. i would never ever work for a company which requires me to work on holidays and wee hours... i would never compromise my quality time with my family. i don't live just to work.

- this is just my personal view on the matter.

Guest Kobester

I work for a Call Center right now. Pero magpapass na ako ng resignation letter next month. Matindi kasi ang standards ng call center namin. Lilipat na lang ako sa call center na medyo madali ang standards nila tulad ng directory assistance call center hehehe. Kaya lang ako hindi makaalis kasi nakabond pa ako sa call center na ito.

Hindi pa kami nalipat sa night shift. Pero once na lumipat kami sa night shift eto ung medyo magstruggle ako.

ur days are ur nights and ur nights are ur days....gets so routinary---gets too montonous that by ur days off u just wanna hang, be quiet and take in all the "peace" u can get from the outside world...the :blush: more contempletative life but gets too boring...u just have to find a way to make it work for u...........;)

Guest Kobester

Once na magresign ako next month sa call center na pinapasukan ko ayaw ko na ulit mag work sa ganitong industry. stressful para sa akin :)

They say that CC is one industry where one's growth is much too limited since you are confined to certain boundaries which deprive you of widening your horizons in your chosen field.

I think this is so true. Any CC agent demeaners ??? :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by centrino
So to what point does it get to be serious?  Pagka ba Operations Manager ka na o Supervisor can you say that you have a serious job with a serious future?  Or you're still running on the same rat  race? :cry:

i am already a supervisor FYI, been promoted 3 months ago

after being an agent for 7 months..

my advice to you... you need to loosen up sometimes :lol:

what im trying to say is " its all about having fun "

gets mo ba...

hmmm....i envy people working in a call center....and the problem is that i do have poor communication in english...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :grr:

Dude, try it out anyway. You're going to undergo voice and accent training once you're hired. Some helpful advice: If call center recruiters interview you over the phone, you better talk in your best English. Though they may ask you questions like, 'tell me about yourself', 'what's your greatest achievement?' but they're not really listening to the content. They're actually listening to how you pronounce and enunciate words, specifically the 'ph' and 'f' sounds in words.

Dude, try it out anyway. You're going to undergo voice and accent training once you're hired. Some helpful advice: If call center recruiters interview you over the phone, you better talk in your best English. Though they may ask you questions like, 'tell me about yourself', 'what's your greatest achievement?' but they're not really listening to the content. They're actually listening to how you pronounce and enunciate words, specifically the 'ph' and 'f' sounds in words.

Oic sir..thanks for the tip...i'll do my best and again thanks for the tips :cool:

gets mo ba...

Ohh FUN... talk about having FUN... I have more fun in my current job than you can ever imagine :evil: :evil: :evil:

My point is, can you actually consider this as a serious job??? I mean where do you see yourself 5 years from now? As an operations manager of a cc? As a Managing director of a cc? Where does that leave you and what growth can you expect??? Don't get me wrong but a waiter could be promoted to a supervisor, then to a manager, then later on if he's good as what he's doing (and yes, if he's having fun :huh: ) he could later end up being a restaurateur. Now that's a lot of growth, and I'm not just talking about the financial or status matters here, but more on personal growth. Gets mo???

Don't get me wrong, I am in fact looking at CC as an option for a career shift, but these thoughts are clouding my judgement that's why I'm having doubts. I mean besides the salary (and yes the girls and gimmicks), what's really compensating with this field???

gets mo ba...

And BTW congats for the promotion :cool: I myself have been promoted also as a supervisor after my sixth month on my job... on the 8th month I was already sent to most of Asian countries to handle different accounts... You can just imagine what I enjoy now after being here for years now... and that's just part of the FUN that I'm having right now :cool: :cool: :cool: