Call Center Side Effects

pssst, some side effects i see of peeps workin in CC are...

the gain weight, they tend to over eat.

my advice, change your body clock, most specially those in the gy shifts, sad but you have to lead a vampires life, that is, sleeping during daytime, waking in the afternoon for breakfast...

unless of course, you have a 6 hour sleep regimen goin.

it fits my nocturnal lifestyle...

The CC industry is not a fad...it is just a variant of Customer Service & Business Outsourcing....It will evolve into another animal just like what the Dotcoms did....the companies died...but the employees who kept reinventing themselves, learned cross functional skills and accepted change...are successful....every industry has its life cycle...its dynamic..you have to adopt to the changes what the market & business envinronments require...

to the CC agents...no offense but dont sit on your laurels yet...it may look good now..but be prepared to learn and absorb skills than just surf and chat....or else...better equipped people will eventually take your jobs (example...Online strategic business consulting, online feasibility or business planning interaction....these require other skills than just being able to speak english fluently)...learn as much as u can :)

to other peeps employed in other industries...CC people are just the same like the rest...they work on the flow of the nature of their work...its just that its a new thing ( our parents were all in awe when Computer Science geeks are invading companies in the 60's & 70's, etc)

its not in the industry... its in the individual... :D)

The CC industry is not a fad...it is just a variant of Customer Service & Business Outsourcing....It will evolve into another animal just like what the Dotcoms did....the companies died...but the employees who kept reinventing themselves, learned cross functional skills and accepted change...are successful....every industry has its life cycle...its dynamic..you have to adopt to the changes what the market & business envinronments require...

to the CC agents...no offense but dont sit on your laurels yet...it may look good now..but be prepared to learn and absorb skills than just surf and chat....or else...better equipped people will eventually take your jobs (example...Online strategic business consulting, online feasibility or business planning interaction....these require other skills than just being able to speak english fluently)...learn as much as u can :)

to other peeps employed in other industries...CC people are just the same like the rest...they work on the flow of the nature of their work...its just that its a new thing ( our parents were all in awe when Computer Science geeks are invading companies in the 60's & 70's, etc)

its not in the industry... its in the individual... :D)

slightly agree...the downfall i think for CC personnels is that there is not much to evolved to... if the industry goes down, there is not much of the experience to be marketed to other IT industries... Hopefully I am wrong about that and hopefully di naman mag-die down yun industry na yun. I just don't see working for a CC as a good long term investment. no offense to anyone, just a personal opinion.

i think the industry is here to stay, or atleast a lot longer that what others percieve. Even with the news of the CC industry going down, there are still a lot of new players coming in and growing too.

Yes there is a downside especially for people working here but not only does it pays more but i think it helps in developing a lot of young people in boosting their confidence in themselves primarily in how they speak and converse with other people. And that is something they can market even if they should decide to switch jobs.

i think the industry is here to stay, or atleast a lot longer that what others percieve. Even with the news of the CC industry going down, there are still a lot of new players coming in and growing too.

Yes there is a downside especially for people working here but not only does it pays more but i think it helps in developing a lot of young people in boosting their confidence in themselves primarily in how they speak and converse with other people. And that is something they can market even if they should decide to switch jobs.

Correct. This industry will always be strong. Small players will come and go, but the industry will never die. The IT industry (which is, skill-wise, totally different from the call center industry) boomed years back and now there's an oversupply of IT graduates but the industry remains strong. Same with the call center industry.

Interesting point on developing confidence, which the ordinary Filipino lacks. They say that an Indian job applicant (in other industries) will always beat out a Filipino applicant during job interviews because of the confidence factor.

Correct. This industry will always be strong. Small players will come and go, but the industry will never die. The IT industry (which is, skill-wise, totally different from the call center industry) boomed years back and now there's an oversupply of IT graduates but the industry remains strong. Same with the call center industry.

Interesting point on developing confidence, which the ordinary Filipino lacks. They say that an Indian job applicant (in other industries) will always beat out a Filipino applicant during job interviews because of the confidence factor.

korek! :headsetsmiley:

the industry that may tend to burn if u let it or take away the sanity u have left in order to "survive" ur world..............what they don't know wont hurt them and yet they can hurt u real bad inside....at times i wonder what other thanks do u get from the job...except being appreciated for ur efforts?!...;)

Here's some thoughts for you my friend..

I started as what people call an "answering machine" "human IVR" etc.. but I didn't get dissapointed though so here's what I am now.. just to encourage those agents who might be reading this :)

-I'm just in my late 20's and my salary is almost the same as my dad's, he's 54.

-I'm just 2 steps away from a director position.

-I have "worldclass" training under my belt. And the training doesn't stop.

-I'm getting tired of travelling to the US and and parts of the Phil.

-Skills that I have learned from this industry can match that of a director of a local multinational company.

-lastly, you get tired of shopping on paydays.. and this is with your own hard earned money.. hehe

What buknoy have posted are all true. That's how "we" laugh it off as our way of releasing stress. If we don't do that our lives will be boring as hell..

your right nine". those people who are saying bad things about being in a call center industry are those people who could not get into it. all jobs are basically the same. it would tend to be so boring especially when u do it everyday. but you just have to always look at the bright side of ur job. and as far as i know, this is the highest income generating industry of our country or maybe not the highest so we should be thankful to the guys who are sacrificing their health just to suffice the daily needs of their family. :headsetsmiley:

Hello every one

First time here. Nice thread. Will back read some more. It got me to thinking of trying the call center again. I almost got into one before (a few years back) but the idea of working at nights was new to me then so I declined it. But I am rethinking this option.

the upsides

-- double the salary of my fellow elec. engineers employed in the elec. industry

-- half the work (petix the whole shift including petix OT)

-- plenty of time to study (work at night study by day .. pwede din online courses)

-- no traffic, discounts in mall foodcourts :D

-- lots of career ops...

the downside

-- mabobobo ka kung hindi ka marunong mag manage ng time mo

-- di ka makasama sa mga out of town gimmicks or family occasions

-- unhealthy lifestyle ( fastfood delivery, nakaupo ka lang buong shift, yosi, BEER-FAST :D -beer sa breakfast-), gimmick almost every rest day

nasa tao yan kung kaya niyang sabayan ang buhay CC

:headsetsmiley: BS peer support, kamote speaking :headsetsmiley: