Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

It is a complete and total marketing strategy. I used to eat 1 gram per lb of bodyweight and then normal food. I got FAT. Many of my members will drink a shake with 2 scoops of whey after they workout and then wonder why it looks like they swallowed a watermellon...for 2 days and they have bad gas as well.

Start with the RDA, 1g per kg of bodyweight and just be sure to eat enough solid food. You can slightly adjust up or down. Total calories determines nitrogren retention (muscle growth), not protein intake.

Honestly I don't watch my protein intake and I still gain 2-3 lbs of muscle per year on average, nearly 17 years later. I know that I rarely get 1g per lb of bodyweight....very rarely. I'm now lean at 180lbs, but not bulky since most of my mass is in my abs, back, and legs. Just eat alot, enjoy your food, and follow a scientific program. You are too new in your training career to analyze every last detail. That is a receipe for no life and stress. Wait until you are at the top of your weight class in some sport, and then we'll talk :hypocritesmiley:

That's why I'm here to confirm and gather info. And thankz for the tip.

I've been working out for almost a year now and I've lost some almost 20lbs of body fat but gained some back when I injured my lower back last october for stupidly trying out the advanced jump squat that I already know the risk. I have to rest for a month just to heal that darn lower back. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Right now I'm more concerned of the food I take since that's my weakness. I tend to eat a lot since I get hungry fast even after a meal. :blush:

That's why I'm here to confirm and gather info. And thankz for the tip.

I've been working out for almost a year now and I've lost some almost 20lbs of body fat but gained some back when I injured my lower back last october for stupidly trying out the advanced jump squat that I already know the risk. I have to rest for a month just to heal that darn lower back. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Right now I'm more concerned of the food I take since that's my weakness. I tend to eat a lot since I get hungry fast even after a meal. :blush:

Never EVER do plyometric training unless you can squat 1.5-2 times your bodyweight. Even then there's Olympic lifting. Jump squats are useless if you are efficient in the o-lifts....and they are far safer and MUCH more effective.

There are probably less than 5 people in this country that are experienced enough to teach plyometrics to avoid an injury like you suffered....and all would give the same advice I gave about squats and O-lifts.

Don't try to teach this stuff to yourself, or you will just keep re-injuring yourself....maybe even permanently.

nice... this thread is alive again...

I completely DO NOT believe in the 1 g per kg body weight of protein... that is crap crap crap... especially on the start up... Ive seen guys who eat a whole lot less and still gain a whole lot more compared to guys who do that thing and end up having very rich s@%t and urine and overworked kidneys and liver...

I hae been on amino acids though... its nice... gave me a nice hard look and sort of made a difference... but my food was never compromised though... three things with the best protein... eggs, milk and peanut butter... that stuff is the shiznit...

i got sick for the past 3 to 4 weeks... hassle... lost some strength but slowly gaining it back...

Im already deadlifting 310 pounds at 5 sets and 5 reps... my squats is coming along slow though... and so are my shoulders... in any case, case in point is, unless yer stick thin and want to bulk up fast, stay off those protein shakes. YOU DO NOT NEED THEM... Calorie shakes are a different story though... some people do need them especially for those who are physiologically gifted with high metabolisms...

Never EVER do plyometric training unless you can squat 1.5-2 times your bodyweight. Even then there's Olympic lifting. Jump squats are useless if you are efficient in the o-lifts....and they are far safer and MUCH more effective.

There are probably less than 5 people in this country that are experienced enough to teach plyometrics to avoid an injury like you suffered....and all would give the same advice I gave about squats and O-lifts.

Don't try to teach this stuff to yourself, or you will just keep re-injuring yourself....maybe even permanently.

You are thirsty...not "hungry". It's a false signal. Drink 1/2 liter of water before your meal and then during or after and you won't feel the hunger as before.

Ya, I learned it the hardway, one injury a lifetime is enough. I'm sticking to old squatts and deadlifts. Nothing beats old school :thumbsupsmiley:

Thankz for the tip, I'm now drinking 1L of water after my meal and workouts (my mug is 0.5L so I take 2 glassful) to ease my hunger pangs.

Edited by tarbis
I suggest you take Prolab N-large2. It has alot of whey protein and high quality carbs that will surely give you muscle mass. Here is a complete pricelist of our products. Hope you can visit our discount store "Supplement For Less"

Address: Prince Arcade Ortigas Avenue Extension Pasig City.(near Ever gotesco ortigas).Right across countryside subdivision.

Designer Whey

Description

Designer Whey Protein Choco, Vanilla, Strawberry 2 lbs. P1,400

Designer Whey Protein Choco, Vanilla, Strawberry 5 lbs. P2,500

Sports Nutrition International

Description

Xtreme Pro Whey Choco and Vanilla 1 lb. P550

Xtreme Pro Mass Choco and Vanilla 1 lb. P360

Micronize Creatine N/A 100 g. P260

Xtreme Pro Amino 2000 N/A 50 tabs P315

Xtreme Pro Amino 2000 N/A 6 tabs P45

Hydroxytrim EFX N/A 30 caps P400

Hydroxytrim EFX N/A 3 caps P45

All American Pharmaceutical

Description

Kre-Alkalyn Creatine Caps N/A 30 P500

MuscleTech

Description

Hydroxycut N/A 100 caps P1,900

Hydroxycut N/A 150 caps P2,500

Hydroxycut Hardcore N/A 120 caps P2,800

NitroTech Chocolate, Vanilla 2.0 lbs P2,300

CellTech Orange, Fruit punch 4.5 lbs P3,100

MuscleTech Pump Tech N/A 200 caps P3,900

MuscleTech Thermogain N/A 150 caps P2,900

Prolab

Description

Prolab N-Large2 Chocolate, Vanilla 3.8 lbs. P1,600

EAS

Description

EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, Vanilla 2 lbs. P1,300

EAS 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, Vanilla 5 lbs. P2,300

EAS Premium Whey Protein Chocolate 2lbs. P900

Protein Water Sour Apple, Pink Lemonade, Grape 575 ml. P85

Wow,thanks for the list, i having the same problem with weight, i just hope they have it here in Bag. :mtc:

Guys, i just wanna ask, how come I'm gaining pounds when I'm strictly on a diet? Also, i do notice that my body is shaping up because of my work-out routine.

Is this because of muscle mass? Thanks and hope you can clear this for me

Gaining muscle while losing fat is actually pretty common for guys with large frames. One of my assistant coaches who is also a student gained 20lbs of fat while gaining about 20lbs of muscle in 4 months. His scale weight didn't change, but his strength doubled or tripled, and he barely fit into his clothes....in a good way, of course :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Similar to caffeine but for guys with ADD, it makes them more focused and no jitters

And, if taken responsibly, it also doesn't cause insomnia like caffeine.

Ephedrine is the king of stimulants and is as close to perfect as a stimulant gets. It's so unfortunate that it is so political and a scapegoat for politicians who want attention in an election year.

Isnt ephedrine banned already? OK nga raw kick nun...

In the States it was banned for a short time...now you can but it again since the ban was overturned. Here it is supposedly easily found recently...if you have the right connections....but not via mainstream places like GNC. I've heard some supplement stores have it (due to balikbayan box shipments), but they won't sell it to you (openly) unless you are a regular since it's not really clear what the law is about it here, so they don't take a risk on a non-regular. To possess large quantities is clearly illegal (because you can make it into methamphetamines/shabu via chemical process), but small amounts for personal use is something else entirely.

Selling these products

DESIGNER WHEY (Choco, Vanilla Strawberry)

2lbs- Php 1,800

5lbs- PhP 3,400

Designer Glycerlean (choco, vanilla)

2lbs- Php 2,400

I can get 15% discount if you buy 6 or more

Other Suppliments:

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey -- 2lb-1,200php 5lb-2500php 10lb-4800php

Champion Whey 5lbs-2500php

Pinnacle Juiced Protein 3lbs 2600Php

Mustletech Nitro-tech Whey 2lb- 2600 4lb- 4400

Muscletech cell-tech Creatine Supplement 4lb- 3300php 7lbs- 4500php

EAS Phosphagen (creatine) 500g -- 1200php

Optimum creatine 2500 300 caps- 2200php

Peak Nutrition Creatine Citrus 300g- 900php

SAN Fuel injection V12 475g--2800php

MHP TRAC 400 grams- 2800php

Xenadrine EFX 120 caps- 2000php

Hydrocut EF 140caps- 2250php 210 caps-- 3200p

PM nalang

Hello People!

Just wanna let you know that we have Dymatize Elite Whey protein on sale now for ONLY 2250 at our store, AFFORDABLE NUTRITION, located at Unit G35 Cityland Makati Executive Tower 1, dela Rosa St. corner Osmena Highway, directly across Makro/adjacent to Buendia...Thanks much