Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

bro,

wala kaming NO-xplode BUT we have something very similar and at ALOT LOWER COST...it's called NOS Blast by Precision Engineered...thanks much

bro, im using precision engineered whey protein

pano mixture ng pure dextrose dito? ilang grams pwede isama?

konti lang kasi tubig na nilalagay sa precison engineered di ba? (1/4 - 1/3 cup) for every scoop (25 grams)

pag sinamahan ko ng 40 grams na glucose (recommended) masyado ng matamis

konti lang kasi tubig na nilalagay sa precison engineered di ba? (1/4 - 1/3 cup) for every scoop (25 grams)

start off with 10-15 grams of dex. See how you respond to that.

bro,

although konti lang recomended na water with the protein, it's always good to drink lots of it especially after a work out...IMHO, the more water you drink, the better...thanks much

start off with 10-15 grams of dex. See how you respond to that.

bro,

although konti lang recomended na water with the protein, it's always good to drink lots of it especially after a work out...IMHO, the more water you drink, the better...thanks much

thank you for the quick replies. :mtc:

bro,

I agree :thumbsupsmiley: Being constantly hydrated will do so much wonders. In my case I always have a bottle of Gatorade after my workout with a serving of whey. Perfect proportion of post workout simple carbs and fast acting protein.

I agree :thumbsupsmiley: Being constantly hydrated will do so much wonders. In my case I always have a bottle of Gatorade after my workout with a serving of whey. Perfect proportion of post workout simple carbs and fast acting protein.

what are simple carbs? tnx..and how much serving?? tnx..is wheat bread an example of simple carb? i always eat 2 pcs wheat bread and drink 2 scoops whey..is it alright?tnx

what are simple carbs? tnx..and how much serving?? tnx..is wheat bread an example of simple carb? i always eat 2 pcs wheat bread and drink 2 scoops whey..is it alright?tnx

Simple carbs are basically simple sugars readily absorbed by the body. Wheat on the contrary, is complex carbs since it has to be digested further and broken down before it turns into sugar. Sample of simple carbs are dextrose, glucose and fructose. Most of these are basically the main ingredient of replenishment drinks like Gatorade. After we workout, glycogen (blood sugar stored in the muscles for energy) levels in the muscles are very low and thus the best choice of carbs after working out together with your protein supplement, are simple carbs. And since these sugars are quickly absorbed there's an anticipated insuline spike in your blood that will aid better absorbtion of the protein ingested. This is the best time to take carbs since you need not worry of the sugar converting to fat. Most of the simple carbs ingested after workout only replenishes used up glycogen in the muscles. Making it full and hydrated as well. Wheat bread is a good carb source to replace rice because it's harder to digest and high in fiber that aids colon cleansing. Wheat bread would be a better choice for meals. For post workout I suggest a bottle or 2 of Gatorade with a scoop or 2 of whey. I really don't suggest whey replacing a real meal though because it's not calorie dense. Hope this helps.

heya guys,

assuming that one has already started to put one's diet in check....

1) how long do i have to maintain the diet before i start taking supplements?

2) what SPECIFIC supplements do you suggest i start with, and at what dosage? i've never taken anything before except for multivitamins and ascorbic acid. (after backreading a bit, i started to get interested in whey, but am not too sure if it's apt for "supplement virgins" like me)

body type: endomorph. i've already built a wee bit of muscle mass but i'm having trouble letting it "show through".

goal: 1) weight/ fat loss, 2) definition

thanks!

heya guys,

2) what SPECIFIC supplements do you suggest i start with, and at what dosage? i've never taken anything before except for multivitamins and ascorbic acid. (after backreading a bit, i started to get interested in whey, but am not too sure if it's apt for "supplement virgins" like me)

body type: endomorph. i've already built a wee bit of muscle mass but i'm having trouble letting it "show through".

thanks!

mate, I'd wait 3 weeks before introducing a fatburner....

you want to ease into a diet program; Many cut-up plans use the shock and awe method: they require not only drastic diet alteration but long, heavy bouts of cardio. Truth is, you don't need a lot of cardio to trim the fat if you diet is solid. Losing fat is the cumulative result of what you eat, how you eat and how much you eat, coupled with hardcore weight training. Yet cardio certainly has its place as a stimulus. Used in moderation, cardio allows you to get over fatloss plateaus without altering your diet too much. As with weight training, consistently adding new variables into your program - especially when they build on what you've done previously will not only accelerate your fat burning but also keep your body from getting used to one particular approach.

for example:

week 1 - cut carbs in 1/2 in each meal to cut calories for 4 consecutive days then back to your regular calorie intake the following 3 days. Done every week.

week 2 - add casual cardio and up protein by 50g

week 3 - add a fatburner

week 4 - on one of your 4 lower carb days, slash carbs futher to 1/4 your regular serving. You're already working up a small sweat twice a week. Now it's time to trick you body by taking your cardio into another universe. Add 45min of moderate to high intensity cardio to the end of your regular weight workout or low - moderate intensity workout first thing in the morning before you eat.

etc.

yes, its a supplement, and a good way is to follow the instructions... -_-

Muscletech supplements suggest outrageous servings sizes and I don't think it's always necessary to strictly follow the labels' suggestions. I remember the original Hydroxycut formula with ephedrine. The bottle suggests 6 to 9 capsules a day. I was seeing results in 2 to 3. Needless to say I wasn't tolerating the effect of ephedrine well initially. Celltech would be another good example. The label would suggest 2 scoops per serving (10 grams of creatine and 70+ grams of dextrose) and I was doing well with one scoop. If I'm not mistaken, you're good with 5 grams of creatine for maintainance. Anything more would be flushed out. Muscletech takes the notion that "more is better." You might want to start half the dosage and see where it takes you.

Peace.

heya guys,

thanks!

Mr. Bigbadwolf,

Since your goal is to lose weight and burn fat, remember this simple formula. Calorie deficit (reduce calories from carbs and sugar and undesirable fats) + intensity workout = fat loss/weight loss. It is inevitable though that you might lose some muscle you have gained because muscle gain is corelated with calorie surplus. In other words, you eat to gain muscle. Burning fat and gaining muscle is reversely related and I really doubt that you can do both not unless you're on "juice."

You may find dieting and keeping up your intensity in the gym a challenge since your energy levels would be an issue because you may not supply the body with enough nutrients to fuel your workout. This is where fat loss supplements come in. Since most of these "fat burners" are stimulants in nature, expect a "kick" in your intensity whilest in the gym. These fat burners are basically here to support your workout intensity for an attempt to burn more calories while tapping your stored bodyfat for fuel. As what we have said earlier, "fat burners" only work if you work harder.

In your first question, I suggest that you do it the natural way first before considering supplementation. If you see that you're hitting a plataue then you may want to incorporate supplements. Multivitamins and minerals is a must.

Please update us of your progress.

Edited by Jacques
hi ask ko lng po is hydorxycut a supplement ??

pano ang good way ng pag take nito

IMHO, you should just take half of the recommended dosage for the first 3 days...the reason for this is that these supplements are primarily made/manufactured for American physique/built (in most cases) who are bigger than us, Asian/Filipinos...in addition, you would want your body to adapt to this new supplement first, just in case you get negative reaction/s to it...from there, you can increase your dosage but make sure that you CLOSELY monitor your body's reaction...some negative reactions include but NOT limited to nausea, tingling, nervousness, rapid heartbeat, chest pain, changes in behavior,sleeplessness, tremors, etc...if you do get these symptoms, either stop using it or decrease your dosage...just my two cents...just PM me if you need more info...noah