Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

sino nagkaka acne or pimples sa protein shake? i tried Optimum Nutrition, ang dami kong pimples sa likod tska sa shoulders, ano kayang protein drink ang di ka mag kaka pimples?

i think lahat ng whey powder would cause pimples eh...ako din kahit nung designer whey pa lang ang gamit ko me pimples na ako lagi s likod

to those who tried creatine: what are the most obvious effects? i gained almost 20lbs of muscle and fat when i was taking it but now i dropped back.

e kung kumain na lang ako ng egg white instead of whey protein? i have access to tons of eggs. so pwede sakin kahit 100 eggs a day :P

to those who tried creatine: what are the most obvious effects? i gained almost 20lbs of muscle and fat when i was taking it but now i dropped back.

e kung kumain na lang ako ng egg white instead of whey protein? i have access to tons of eggs. so pwede sakin kahit 100 eggs a day :P

The initial weight gain (mostly water and increased glycogen stored in muscles) is the most consistent effect of taking creatine. I'd personally note that I was able to push myself further when lifting weights may it be more reps or heavier weight.

Although Egg Albumen/protein has a good amino acid profile like whey, I don't think it would be a great idea to stuff a 100 egg whites a day. That would roughly be 300 to 400 grams of protein already (Thus, I hope you're only exaggerating). Moreover, one selling point of whey protein is its preparation convinience. Preparing eggs takes more time due to cooking/peeling the shell and the worse part, chugging this tasteless morsel while trying to ignore the smell. Although eggs are a bodybuilding staple food, whey is a better choice post workout because whey is digested and absorbed very quickly.

I hope I was able to answer your query.

Happy Lifting.

• 2 weeks later...
whats yohimburn suppose to do? does anyone know where to get some epherdrin? (spelling may be off)

hello,

check back with me or PM me in about a week...i should have it by then...please PM to remind me...my workload is enormous at this time and i might forget...thanks much...

Announcement to all WHEY PROTEIN consumers. There's a worldwide shortage of milk and dairy products. Supply can not meet high market demands right now. I've confirmed this with Fitness Supplements Inc., exclusive distributor of Optimum Nutrition products. All milk based products like whey, cassein, weight gainers, MRPs and etc. will rise up to 70% in the next two weeks. Better stock on them while supply lasts. This cirisis also include commercially available milk and dairy products :thumbsdownsmiley:

Announcement to all WHEY PROTEIN consumers. There's a worldwide shortage of milk and dairy products. Supply can not meet high market demands right now. I've confirmed this with Fitness Supplements Inc., exclusive distributor of Optimum Nutrition products. All milk based products like whey, cassein, weight gainers, MRPs and etc. will rise up to 70% in the next two weeks. Better stock on them while supply lasts. This cirisis also include commercially available milk and dairy products :thumbsdownsmiley:

bros,

if you are having a hard time getting whey proteins or the price is just too much, please PM me...as you know, we have a vitamin store in makati and we have access/business contacts with MANY different manufacturers of whey proteins in the US...if you need my assistance or you want to save, just PM me...thanks much and live life!!!...noah

quoted from www.champion-nutrition.com

April 16, 2007

To our Valued Customers:

In case you were unaware, the supplement industry is being hit with a significant price increase that affects dairy proteins. This includes whey proteins, milk protein isolates, milk protein concentrates, caseinates and any protein or derivative from cowÕs milk. Milk protein prices have soared to record levels within a matter of weeks with the industry-wide price increasing over 42% since December 2006. This is a direct result of the ongoing high demand for milk products in China, drought conditions in New Zealand and possible hedge fund market impact. We at Champion Nutrition are sensitive to how this may impact you, our loyal customers. While we must pass on the increased costs, we are working diligently on developing new products to accommodate your protein supplement needs.

What caused the price increase?

Similar to the rising cost of fuel that is directly influenced by ongoing supply and demand, milk protein pricing is directly related to the "supply versus demand" of milk. While the actual price is determined by an index posted weekly through the Chicago Board of Trade, it is driven by the worldwide demand for milk. Over the past several months there have been and continue to be a steady rise in demand for milk products in China and, to a lesser degree, other developing countries. The demand was further increased by low milk production in New Zealand brought on by drought conditions and higher animal feed costs. In addition, the pressure to meet the demand with US milk supplies caused prices to increase further. The impact was lessened a bit early on by the US Government but, that support has stopped which resulted in the rapid price increase seen over the last three months. With milk protein (i.e. whey protein) purchase contracts expiring, most companies are being hit with greater than 40% price increases.

What is Champion doing about the price increase?

Champion Nutrition, like other companies that manufacture products containing milk proteins, is forced to raise prices accordingly in order to cover the higher cost of milk proteins. In the past, milk protein prices have climbed a maximum of 20% within a reasonable amount of time and we have been able to absorb those costs through manufacturing efficiencies and other cost saving strategies. Unfortunately, this time we cannot avoid its impact and must react accordingly.

totoo nga na pataas price ng milk derived products. im in the agri sector and namonitor ko yung pag taas ng skim milk. pero di naman ata 70%.

kung tataas lang ng ganun yung price, itlog na lang kainin nyo. egg whites! . pero effective protein shakes. i used to drink after every workout and i gained weight and muscle mass easily. nun nag stop ako mag weihgts and supp, gumaan lang ako agad

anu ung pinaka ok na flavor ng ON protein?tnx..tska may kasama na din bang scoop ung ON? tnx

Depends on your preference, Dude. My preference is strawberry or double choco. I buy the smaller containers instead of the big ones so I don't get tired of the taste. And yes, a scoop is included.

• 2 weeks later...
ASK KO LANG PO!!! IS GLUTATHIONE CAPSULES SAFE FOR LACTATING MOMS?????? THANKS!

yes!!! we had a customer who asked the same question and we told her yes, based on our research...but we also told her to check with her doctor, and the doctor confirmed that it is safe...so as a responsible supplement/vitamin store owner, i suggest to you to please do the same thing: please check with your doctor first before purchasing one so you don't waste your money...just my two cents...noah (AFFORDABLE NUTRITION, MAKATI)