Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

^lolz, yea i plan to bulk up sana pero not fat but more on buff

If you're trying to gain muscle size, you should really focus on ingesting more calories. Shoot for 5 to 7 meals a day taken every 2-3 hours duration. Focus on "clean" foods and avoid "junk" foods. It is inevitable to gain a little fat and have water retention in this phase of bulking up. You might also want to consider to train only 3 days a week to ensure that your body's recuperating effciently from your workouts and avoid overtraining which may result to muscle catabolism when you're not ingesting adequate amounts of protein and other essential nutrients.

I know of a lot of people who've been working 5 or more times a week thinking that more is better. In the end, they don't seem to grow muscle. Moreover, some people actually believe that they're already eating enough to gain muscle. But when I saw how they ate, it was barely less than what I think they should to gain weight for bulking up.

Now 5-8 meals may sound hard to "swollow" and this is where "supplements" like whey, weight gainers or MRPs would come in to help fill in your calorie requirements and actually be there to serve as a meal. The nice things about supplements is that they are really very convinient to take and tastes far better since they where first introduced decades back.

Lastly, you might want to consider adding creatine to your supplement regimen. Goodluck on your progress.

If you're trying to gain muscle size, you should really focus on ingesting more calories. Shoot for 5 to 7 meals a day taken every 2-3 hours duration. Focus on "clean" foods and avoid "junk" foods. It is inevitable to gain a little fat and have water retention in this phase of bulking up. You might also want to consider to train only 3 days a week to ensure that your body's recuperating effciently from your workouts and avoid overtraining which may result to muscle catabolism when you're not ingesting adequate amounts of protein and other essential nutrients.

I know of a lot of people who've been working 5 or more times a week thinking that more is better. In the end, they don't seem to grow muscle. Moreover, some people actually believe that they're already eating enough to gain muscle. But when I saw how they ate, it was barely less than what I think they should to gain weight for bulking up.

Now 5-8 meals may sound hard to "swollow" and this is where "supplements" like whey, weight gainers or MRPs would come in to help fill in your calorie requirements and actually be there to serve as a meal. The nice things about supplements is that they are really very convinient to take and tastes far better since they where first introduced decades back.

Lastly, you might want to consider adding creatine to your supplement regimen. Goodluck on your progress.

actually i am already taking creatine, kaso parang gatorade lang ba talaga un akala ko kasi mejo malapot dating nya, hopefully hindi peke nabili ko

sakin sir jacquess anu ang dapat? content na ako sa weight ko..and body size..gsto k na lng ng definition..tnx.ayaw k kc ng on the heavy side..gsto ko model type body ..ung sexy..tnx.. wat should i eat and supplements (if any)..tnx pero mas prefer ko if wala supplements..natural is still better..tnx

Yup tama si Jacques IMO if gusto niyo ng matibay na conditioning mag pa mass muna at kumain ng tama

i had my experiences with supplements from ON.whey to Animal Packs and 1 time stacks but ngayon reduced to fatburners nalang iba talaga ang definition pag energized ka :)

Yeah tumutulong tlga sila pero ala parin tatalo sa tamang pagkain dati mukha akong supplement pero unang una mabigat talaga siya sa bulsa pangalawa nakakaadik hehehehe

parang kealangan loaded up ka palagi

@mr john since yaw mu magtake eto try mu load up ka sa egg whites, old fashioned oatmeal, kamote, lean chicken, veggies syempre para fiber, lean beef, olive oil at mga isda

then i divide mu yun sa 5-7 meals ika nga ni jacques ang style ko every mornin carbo loading ng oats then pre lunch egg whites then lunch manok then snaks gulay or fruits

then dinner konting oats plus isda then bago tulog load ka protein dahil dbest protein absorption pag ka gabi Boring no? ganyan tlga natural pero worth it naman parehong magastos pero mas mahirap ang walang supplements kasi di ka basta basta makakain sa labas kung di mu kaya ganun atleast avoid mu nalang fastfoods softdrinks sugary foods mga ganyan

And invest ka atleast sa multi-vitamins maraming nag underrate neto pero important ang multi sa isang nagwowork out

and regards to definition kealangan mu tlga mag bulk up kahit konte kasi pagweight loss ka walang mass chicks ang dating mu nyan pre experience ko lang :)

Yup tama si Jacques IMO if gusto niyo ng matibay na conditioning mag pa mass muna at kumain ng tama

i had my experiences with supplements from ON.whey to Animal Packs and 1 time stacks but ngayon reduced to fatburners nalang iba talaga ang definition pag energized ka :)

Yeah tumutulong tlga sila pero ala parin tatalo sa tamang pagkain dati mukha akong supplement pero unang una mabigat talaga siya sa bulsa pangalawa nakakaadik hehehehe

parang kealangan loaded up ka palagi

@mr john since yaw mu magtake eto try mu load up ka sa egg whites, old fashioned oatmeal, kamote, lean chicken, veggies syempre para fiber, lean beef, olive oil at mga isda

then i divide mu yun sa 5-7 meals ika nga ni jacques ang style ko every mornin carbo loading ng oats then pre lunch egg whites then lunch manok then snaks gulay or fruits

then dinner konting oats plus isda then bago tulog load ka protein dahil dbest protein absorption pag ka gabi Boring no? ganyan tlga natural pero worth it naman parehong magastos pero mas mahirap ang walang supplements kasi di ka basta basta makakain sa labas kung di mu kaya ganun atleast avoid mu nalang fastfoods softdrinks sugary foods mga ganyan

And invest ka atleast sa multi-vitamins maraming nag underrate neto pero important ang multi sa isang nagwowork out

and regards to definition kealangan mu tlga mag bulk up kahit konte kasi pagweight loss ka walang mass chicks ang dating mu nyan pre experience ko lang :)

tnx! ang usual na kinakain ko ay ganito:

breakfast: 1 cup skim milk, half bowl oatmeal, 2 pcs boiled banana (ung gngawang banna q)

snack: 1 - 2 pcs boiled banana

lunch: half rice, 1 whole broiled chiken breast

snack: 1 cup skim milk, bread or boiled banana

dinner: 1 whole chken breast, fruits

before bed: 2 cups skim milk..

ok lang ba ang meal plan ko? tnx

Edited by mr. john
tnx! ang usual na kinakain ko ay ganito:

breakfast: 1 cup skim milk, half bowl oatmeal, 2 pcs boiled banana (ung gngawang banna q)

snack: 1 - 2 pcs boiled banana

lunch: half rice, 1 whole broiled chiken breast

snack: 1 cup skim milk, bread or boiled banana

dinner: 1 whole chken breast, fruits

before bed: 2 cups skim milk..

ok lang ba ang meal plan ko? tnx

Too low on carbs and too much grains, not enough vegetables.

You may also be getting in a v ery low amount of clories that your body has already purposely slowed down its metabolism

actually i am already taking creatine, kaso parang gatorade lang ba talaga un akala ko kasi mejo malapot dating nya, hopefully hindi peke nabili ko

Creatine monohydrate in its purest form looks like white iodized salts. When you say your creatine mixes like Gatorade when mixed with water, I'm assuming you have the flavored form with some cabrs involved. Care to share what brand you are using and where you bought it? Anyways, don't sweat the Gatorade like stuff... Creatine or creatine blends are not like whey or other protein drinks that tend to be "malapot" when mixed with water.

sakin sir jacquess anu ang dapat? content na ako sa weight ko..and body size..gsto k na lng ng definition..tnx.ayaw k kc ng on the heavy side..gsto ko model type body ..ung sexy..tnx.. wat should i eat and supplements (if any)..tnx pero mas prefer ko if wala supplements..natural is still better..tnx

Defenition, would come as bodyfat levels drop... Some would suggest you take extra caution on what you are eating since you don't have the goal to bulk up further. However, you run the risk of also canibalizing your existing muscle if you're not taking in adequete macro and micro nutrients. Best bet would be, still five to 7 small meals a day focusing on quality protein sources while minimizing fats and carbohydrates. This diet with an intense training regimen will burn fat like crazy. However, don't expect to feel as energized as you used to be.

Now, if you really want to incorporate supplements on this "cutting-phase" I'd say invest on the ff:

1.) Multi-vitamin/mineral (you can't get enough of these once you abstain from fruits)

2.) Whey Protein Powders (If you can't stuff the additional 3 meals above the standard breakfast, lunch and dinner, or in my case, I really think of whey as "convinience")

3.) Lastly, if your budget permits, any "fat-burner" out there you can get your hands on... not because it actually promotes more fat-loss, but you'll need all the energizing "kicks" from stimulants like caffein in this state of energy deprivation due to dieting.

I don't know if this will work for you but goodluck anyway.

so any suggestions on how to improve my meal plan? tnx
Eat more veggies and fruits, for snacks, instead of just eating bananas, you might wanna try adding some yogurt
so any suggestions on how to improve my meal plan? tnx
Eat more veggies and fruits, for snacks, instead of just eating bananas, you might wanna try adding some yogurt
Defenition, would come as bodyfat levels drop... Some would suggest you take extra caution on what you are eating since you don't have the goal to bulk up further. However, you run the risk of also canibalizing your existing muscle if you're not taking in adequete macro and micro nutrients. Best bet would be, still five to 7 small meals a day focusing on quality protein sources while minimizing fats and carbohydrates. This diet with an intense training regimen will burn fat like crazy. However, don't expect to feel as energized as you used to be.

Now, if you really want to incorporate supplements on this "cutting-phase" I'd say invest on the ff:

1.) Multi-vitamin/mineral (you can't get enough of these once you abstain from fruits)

2.) Whey Protein Powders (If you can't stuff the additional 3 meals above the standard breakfast, lunch and dinner, or in my case, I really think of whey as "convinience")

3.) Lastly, if your budget permits, any "fat-burner" out there you can get your hands on... not because it actually promotes more fat-loss, but you'll need all the energizing "kicks" from stimulants like caffein in this state of energy deprivation due to dieting.

I don't know if this will work for you but goodluck anyway.

tnx. just a question.. if i incorporate "fat burners", will it make my weight dramatically drop? and what specific brand can you suggest? tnx

lastly, if i also add boxing, say atleast 3 times a week, will it greatly help attaining my goal of a defined body?

my major problem is in the abdominal area.before i used to be fat, really fat, back then my waist was 40. at present only around 32. the problem is the skin sags. and some say that it would need an operation to remove those "excess" skin? is it true? or i can get rid of it through boxing and abs workout? tnx..

Creatine monohydrate in its purest form looks like white iodized salts. When you say your creatine mixes like Gatorade when mixed with water, I'm assuming you have the flavored form with some cabrs involved. Care to share what brand you are using and where you bought it? Anyways, don't sweat the Gatorade like stuff... Creatine or creatine blends are not like whey or other protein drinks that tend to be "malapot" when mixed with water.

aah kaya pala the brand i bought was fusion tech creatine/glutamine supplement sha and i got it from a seller sa mens health forums below srp kase benta nya eh hehe. first time ko lang kasi bumili ng creatine so mejo di ako familiar with the stuff thnx!

tnx. just a question.. if i incorporate "fat burners", will it make my weight dramatically drop? and what specific brand can you suggest? tnx

lastly, if i also add boxing, say atleast 3 times a week, will it greatly help attaining my goal of a defined body?

my major problem is in the abdominal area.before i used to be fat, really fat, back then my waist was 40. at present only around 32. the problem is the skin sags. and some say that it would need an operation to remove those "excess" skin? is it true? or i can get rid of it through boxing and abs workout? tnx..

Results will vary from one user to another. Base on my experience though, I'd honestly say that it's really hard to pinpoint wether or not "fat-burner/s" are the major factor in a succesful cutting phase. Please take note that the goal here is to limit calorie intake while striving to increase workout intensity. I'd say 60% of your success will rely on what you're diet is, 30% on your workout regimen and 10% for the supplement support.

Again, I see fat-burners as more of an energy support rather than a metabolism support supplement. Moreover, some people think of it as a motivational tool. Now, regardless of what your decision may be, I'd say have your diet check first and strive to up your intensity. If you can afford it, I'd say Hydroxycut Hardcore would be a good choice.

Boxing, like any other activity, is a great cardio vascular workout. Go ahead and and complement this activity with your workout. Just don't forget that your body also needs to rest and recuperate. Strive to have a day or 2 off from physical activity.

For the excess skin, it's not really excess for that matter but skin that was over-stretched the time you had a bigger waistline. This is the problem of many obese people who suddenly drop weight, leaving the skin sagging with stretch marks all over. People who undergo surgery to correct this problem are really in the extremes... meaning they were as heavy as 250-300 lbs or more. So imagine the loose skin they are carrying. In your case, I don't think it's really neccesarry. If I may suggest, try going to your dermatologist or just consult a comstic doctor who can suggest njon-invasive procedures to correct/tighten the skin around the area.

These are only my opinions bro. Hope it will help.

Edited by Jacques
Results will vary from one user to another. Base on my experience though, I'd honestly say that it's really hard to pinpoint wether or not "fat-burner/s" are the major factor in a succesful cutting phase. Please take note that the goal here is to limit calorie intake while striving to increase workout intensity. I'd say 60% of your success will rely on what you're diet is, 30% on your workout regimen and 10% for the supplement support.

Again, I see fat-burners as more of an energy support rather than a metabolism support supplement. Moreover, some people think of it as a motivational tool. Now, regardless of what your decision may be, I'd say have your diet check first and strive to up your intensity. If you can afford it, I'd say Hydroxycut Hardcore would be a good choice.

Boxing, like any other activity, is a great cardio vascular workout. Go ahead and and complement this activity with your workout. Just don't forget that your body also needs to rest and recuperate. Strive to have a day or 2 off from physical activity.

For the excess skin, it's not really excess for that matter but skin that was over-stretched the time you had a bigger waistline. This is the problem of many obese people who suddenly drop weight, leaving the skin sagging with stretch marks all over. People who undergo surgery to correct this problem are really in the extremes... meaning they were as heavy as 250-300 lbs or more. So imagine the loose skin they are carrying. In your case, I don't think it's really neccesarry. If I may suggest, try going to your dermatologist or just consult a comstic doctor who can suggest njon-invasive procedures to correct/tighten the skin around the area.

These are only my opinions bro. Hope it will help.

tnx! might as well try using hydroxy ..tnx!

btw,im planing my workout sched. how about this weekly sched? tnx

m- weights

tue-boxing

wed-weights

thu-boxing

friday-weights

sat-rest

sun-rest

mr. john,

Just remember that there are no magic bullets or secret techniques that will deliver results in an instant.

Yan ang pinakatotoo na tips regarding sa supplement gumagana sila oo pero kelangan talaga unang una consistency sa training then diet then cardio

Pero pinakamalaking factor genetics kung pinanganak kang may muscle congrats sayo :) pero kung tulad ka namen na mahina genetics diet train cardio talaga plus nalang ang supplements

With regards sa snacks mu wag puro saging pre baka maempacho ka dapat either fiber or protein ako snaks ko eggs eh ingat lang sa over ka sa protein dahil magdedevelop ng protein gut may separation at definition pero may bulge check mu net

With regards sa fatburners ang na try ko eto Xenadrine NRG, Ripped Fuel Extreme, Hydroxycut, Hydroxy Cut Hardcore

For Weight loss = Xenadrine malakas makababa timbang di ka gaano jittery tho kumakaen muscle mass

For Separation Abs= Ripped Fuel tho medyo matubig makita mu may mass ka and maepektib sa tyan

For Best Results = Hydroxycut pero magastos at mabilis maubos kasi up to 6 or 9 tabs sencya di ko na malala at jittery ka sobra

HYdro Hardcore = My comment di na ko ulit di ko kinaya ang jitters parang high ako hahahahah

Lahat yung results with cardio plus diest yun inde strict pero with diet bihira ako mag rice if ever red rice usually oatmeals

Results mag appear yan 1-2 months atleast and sa 2nd pack pa yan well yun yung sakin ah

Tips pare = Feel the Pain wala tatalo NO PAIN NO GAIN TALAGA! Pain sa part na tinitrain mu ah hehehehe inde back pain or neck pain :) plus rest kahit si GOD nga nag break hehehe

Tapos experiment pre hanapin mu pinakasuitable sa katawan mu na program try mu anu pinaka maganda reaksyon katawan mu kasi di dahil effective sakin effective din sayu

try lang pare makikita naman sa salamin san mas "warak" ang dating mu eh.

Tapos sa program atleast i mix-up mu routine mo once in a while kunyare 1nce a week bench press ka minsan palitan mu ng dumbell press makikita mu yung definition nyan in time

Cencya sa haba ah hehehehehe COnsistency lang dre sa totoo lang Wala talagang SECRET NA BIGLA mu makuha katawan na gusto mu

Tips pare = Feel the Pain wala tatalo NO PAIN NO GAIN TALAGA! Pain sa part na tinitrain mu ah hehehehe inde back pain or neck pain plus rest kahit si GOD nga nag break hehehe

And this is why i have seen so many people get stuck in a rut. Performance over pain. Aoreness is not a good indicator of an effective workout. So many people look for ain instead of thinking of improving their total work done, if they got stronger or what not.

Tapos sa program atleast i mix-up mu routine mo once in a while kunyare 1nce a week bench press ka minsan palitan mu ng dumbell press makikita mu yung definition nyan in time

Definition is achieved through dieting and lowering bodyfat, not by doing certain exercises. You need to give a system a bare minimum of 6 weeks in order to get results.

For Weight loss = Xenadrine malakas makababa timbang di ka gaano jittery tho kumakaen muscle mass

For Separation Abs= Ripped Fuel tho medyo matubig makita mu may mass ka and maepektib sa tyan

For Best Results = Hydroxycut pero magastos at mabilis maubos kasi up to 6 or 9 tabs sencya di ko na malala at jittery ka sobra

HYdro Hardcore = My comment di na ko ulit di ko kinaya ang jitters parang high ako hahahahah

These are all the same, they have the same contents, what you are having is more of a placebo effect more than anything.