Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

I know this already.

so which one is better in your opinion?

As long as you feel the "kick", I think any of the 2 will be good. I think there's a new Xenadrine out there called Xenadrine Super Hardcore. Haven't seen this in the local market yet though. I just finished a bottle of Lipo6 and was not satidfied with the "kick."

hydroxycut or xenadrine?

I heard hydroxycut isn't as good as it used to

which one should I go for?

imo, go with hydroxycut and if you can get the hardcore one :D xenadrine is also good but its a bit tame in the "kick" dept when i tried one out

Both are reputable brands but still, they wont work as intended if you don't work as you should. If you saw ads of these supplements and was awed with the before and after photos, I suggest that you get a magnifying lens and go through the advertisment again. In fine fonts you'd normally miss you'll read the following: The following subjects who took the supplement underwent monitored diet and excercise routines. Results are not typical.

i couldnt agree more B)

oh and by the way, larry, as you might have read a few times within the board, get your diet and training in check first as most of us here probably didnt start working out with supplement, we just added it if it was necessary :D peace :D

This is a very interesting thread but no one seems to be active lately. Harsh reality though, I'd say 90% of amature and proffesional bodybuilders are into these type of drugs. Moreover, I'd say at least 50% of recreational lifters have tried steroids at least once in their lives. I wont deny that I've taken the "dark" path some time before.

This is a very interesting thread but no one seems to be active lately. Harsh reality though, I'd say 90% of amature and proffesional bodybuilders are into these type of drugs. Moreover, I'd say at least 50% of recreational lifters have tried steroids at least once in their lives. I wont deny that I've taken the "dark" path some time before.

The harsh reality is that, AFAIK, many of the top IFBB bodybuilders are into steroids, HGH, and other such substances. The stacks can get crazy. The sad part is that they cannot get off it; they have to maintain steroid use in some form for the rest of their lives, since their testosterone level is way out of whack.

The harsh reality is that, AFAIK, many of the top IFBB bodybuilders are into steroids, HGH, and other such substances. The stacks can get crazy. The sad part is that they cannot get off it; they have to maintain steroid use in some form for the rest of their lives, since their testosterone level is way out of whack.

O well, can't blame them though. They make a hell of a living out of this anyway. However, Bodybuilders if I'm not mistaken are the lowest earning athletes considering on how expensive their lifestyle is. (food, supplements and drugs)

O well, can't blame them though. They make a hell of a living out of this anyway. However, Bodybuilders if I'm not mistaken are the lowest earning athletes considering on how expensive their lifestyle is. (food, supplements and drugs)

Got that right they hardly earn at all in reality

I'd say 90% of amature and proffesional bodybuilders

you see this is why I don't get steroid use by amateurs.

I can understand why bodybuilders, athletes use performance enhancers, they're professionals they need to get that extra edge to up their performance.

But if you're an amateur and your not training for anything else other than to look good, why do it?

Why not just sweat it out like any normal person, people have been growing and gaining muscle just by their blood and sweat since for f*cking ever so why not just do that?

it's instant noodle mentality, and it's just sad.

anyway here's a synthol user for you guys:

ooh big biceps that are absolutely good for nothing are great!

http://www.synthol.com/home_lsidemostmusc.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/valentino3.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/doring1.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/25.jpg

you see this is why I don't get steroid use by amateurs.

I can understand why bodybuilders, athletes use performance enhancers, they're professionals they need to get that extra edge to up their performance.

But if you're an amateur and your not training for anything else other than to look good, why do it?

Why not just sweat it out like any normal person, people have been growing and gaining muscle just by their blood and sweat since for f*cking ever so why not just do that?

it's instant noodle mentality, and it's just sad.

anyway here's a synthol user for you guys:

ooh big biceps that are absolutely good for nothing are great!

http://www.synthol.com/home_lsidemostmusc.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/valentino3.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/doring1.jpg

http://www.antidoping-center.narod.ru/clean/kunstkamera/25.jpg

Larry, you have to understand that amateurs have the ultimate plan to become pro. In order to attain a "pro card" at least in the IFBB, you have to at least finish in the top 2 or 3 of their shows. Being Pro and amateur in the field of bodybuilding has a thin line difference of the pros having "titles" on their names. Now in pro-bodybuilding or circles of "champions," this is where they can really have the opportunity to earn money thru supplement endorsements and join top rank competitions like the olympia.

And just to make things clear, synthol contrary to what people may think, is not a steroid. Steroids are mostly synthetic hormones (testoterone, GH, insuline, etc.). Synthol is a sight injection. Meaning it's basically an oil based substance that is directly injected deep inside a muscle belly to produce instant swelling since the oil would be trapped between the muscles.

Just sharing info. Not condoning the use of roids.

Larry, you have to understand that amateurs have the ultimate plan to become pro.

sorry dude I meant amateur as in the ordinary guy going to the gym and lifting to look good.

there are a lot of guys that do have the intention of going pro, but for guys that are looking to look big and muscular, with no intention of competing, steroids aren't the way.

synthol is great! (and Jaques is correct it is not a steroid but it is still stupid)

sorry dude I meant amateur as in the ordinary guy going to the gym and lifting to look good.

there are a lot of guys that do have the intention of going pro, but for guys that are looking to look big and muscular, with no intention of competing, steroids aren't the way.

synthol is great! (and Jaques is correct it is not a steroid but it is still stupid)

Well I guess you answered your own question Mr. Larry. They wany to look good, look big and muscular. It's only a matter of decision for the individual to undertake.

They wany to look good, look big and muscular.

which is the part that I don't get

you can look good, big and muscular just by working hard (results are not as fast as when you're on roids)

it's stupid to endanger your health when you're just a "hobbyist" and not a professional (or an amateur looking to go pro)

like I said this is instant noodle mentality at its worst

nobody wants to work hard anymore.

which is the part that I don't get

you can look good, big and muscular just by working hard (results are not as fast as when you're on roids)

it's stupid to endanger your health when you're just a "hobbyist" and not a professional (or an amateur looking to go pro)

like I said this is instant noodle mentality at its worst

nobody wants to work hard anymore.

in the first place, looking good or being big and muscular is not even the initial goal..

the goal is be healthy and stay healthy.. which is why we exercise, go to the gym, lift weights..

looking good or being big and muscular is just a by-product and just comes as a bonus.. some people just wants the bonus more than the actual goal...

--

its self-esteem and lack of confidence issue which makes them want to build muscles, and its this same lack of self-esteem and self confidence which makes them believe they can't look good and build muscle without steroids.. so its a monster in their head that eats itself..

--

i guess rather than a session on the gym, a session with a psychiatrist might be better suitable for them..

in the first place, looking good or being big and muscular is not even the initial goal..

the goal is be healthy and stay healthy.. which is why we exercise, go to the gym, lift weights..

looking good or being big and muscular is just a by-product and just comes as a bonus.. some people just wants the bonus more than the actual goal...

--

its self-esteem and lack of confidence issue which makes them want to build muscles, and its this same lack of self-esteem and self confidence which makes them believe they can't look good and build muscle without steroids.. so its a monster in their head that eats itself..

--

i guess rather than a session on the gym, a session with a psychiatrist might be better suitable for them..

Brother THUG, for debate puposes, I beg to disagree that the majority of people going to the gym has the primary reason to make themselves healthy. It's a vanity thing out there and I'm sure looking great (muscles and all) is the primary issue for the majority. Isn't steroids roughly similar to beauty clinics? There are risks involved too. But all in the name of vanity.

anyone tried the EAS whey protein?

Yup. It's a decent whey supplement for a decent brand. Just for added info though, EAS was considered the leader of supplements back then when they introduced the first commercialized creatine monohydrate supplement in the market called Phosphagen. I'm not so sure what happened to this company now and it seems that other supplement companies have taken over its leadership in the market. For another alternatives, I'd say Dymatize Elite or ON 100% Whey would be a better and less expensive alternative.

Brother THUG, for debate puposes, I beg to disagree that the majority of people going to the gym has the primary reason to make themselves healthy. It's a vanity thing out there and I'm sure looking great (muscles and all) is the primary issue for the majority. Isn't steroids roughly similar to beauty clinics? There are risks involved too. But all in the name of vanity.

I agree... not a majority of gym buffs go there for the main purpose of getting fit and healthy. There's this purpose above of it all... That's the reality! :D

Edited by ^sweating_pipe69^
Yup. It's a decent whey supplement for a decent brand. Just for added info though, EAS was considered the leader of supplements back then when they introduced the first commercialized creatine monohydrate supplement in the market called Phosphagen. I'm not so sure what happened to this company now and it seems that other supplement companies have taken over its leadership in the market. For another alternatives, I'd say Dymatize Elite or ON 100% Whey would be a better and less expensive alternative.

ok..thanks for the info..someone is selling me this kasi same price as champion..what do you think is better?