Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

mga duds, help naman.. san ba nakakabli ng murang designer whey protien? ok ba tlg ito? kc maramng nagssbi na isa ito sa pinaka ok na protien supplements..tnx..gsto k kc maripped .hnd pa kc ganun kalabas muscles ko..natatabunan pa ng fats..tnx

bro,

for the price of designer whey and the grms of protein per servings, i would rather get a Precision Engineered Whey Protein...both same taste, about the same grms of protein per serving BUT costs alot less...OR, better yet, get a Dymatize Elite which has 23 grms of protein per serving (compare to ON's 24) but tastes alot better...take care and keep pumping...noah

SOLId magpa-mass an enervon HP>.. d kagaya ng megamass na parang hangin ka lang..

ENERVON HP grabee ang massgaining effect nya.. NAtural na Natural and the best thing ay ang tagal ng effect nya

.. D ka liliit kaagad agad,, :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

pakiliwanagan lang sa akin ha.. pagkakaintindi ko sa post, liliit ulit ako after a period of time?! tama ba?

pakiliwanagan lang sa akin ha.. pagkakaintindi ko sa post, liliit ulit ako after a period of time?! tama ba?

I took a look at what the ingredients are in enervon HP and there is absolutely nothing in there that will make you huge, whey protien is better! You guys are trippin' yourselves out.

As with anything you take, if you discontinue working out, you'll lose muscle because you're no longer stimulating the tissue. But muscle you earn while using a certain product "X" you will keep as long as you keep the training, diet and intensity up.

regards

I took a look at what the ingredients are in enervon HP and there is absolutely nothing in there that will make you huge, whey protien is better! You guys are trippin' yourselves out.

As with anything you take, if you discontinue working out, you'll lose muscle because you're no longer stimulating the tissue. But muscle you earn while using a certain product "X" you will keep as long as you keep the training, diet and intensity up.

regards

But throwing in some milk, and a piece of fruit would definitely bump the calories of that enervon HP shake which could help in building muscle :D

regards

thanks for the clarification bro.

ill try the milk-fruit-enervon shake. hope it wont upset my stomach.

thanks a lot

Edited by devlin_acura

its fine...

in all honesty, you won't be able to tell the difference between different brands of whey protein because the differences in the amino acid profile are very minuscule. Only thing you should worry about is gr of protein per serving, cost, taste, mix ability and the brand you prefer really...

otherwise, you can't really go wrong...

Get your diet in check first before anything else..

if ever you still insist on taking these things, why do you think you can't take whey with fatburners?

Gotcha, chief!

listen to olympus...it doesn't matter what supplements you're taking if your diet is a wreck. Your diet needs to be in check before anything else.

Why don't you give us an example of a standard day of eating? I'll help you fix it. Also, add your age, height, bodyfat %, and activity level

regards

Ok, here's what WAS my (usual)diet during my workout days (May-Dec '06):

Breakfast:

Either: Oatmeal / Cereal with a banana

Egg whites / Tuna sandwhich on wheat

Lunch:

1 cup rice

Chicken breast

some vegetables

Fish (steamed)

Anything beef

Dinner:

Same as lunch but without the rice

I eat anything during sundays (I call it my sin day), but I dont splurge too much like on a sunday night I'd eat chips, burger with soda or two slices of pizza. On saturdays I try to say away form beer as much as possible and drink hard liquor or wine instead. STRICTLY NO SISIG OR ANYTHING FATTY FOR PULUTAN.

NOW (or since JANUARY), when I stopped working out coz the gym where I workout closed down (PINNACLE in EASTWOOD) my brain suddenly gave up. Now i'm back to my old ways (you know what I mean). And instantly, my tummy went bulging again and my upper body is now starting to look ugly. Though I still do some push ups every other day, it seems I would really have to go to a gym to get back in shape.

One more thing... Its hard to jog around at our village. Will skipping ropes suffice for cardio-training? Though I play soccer at least once a week, I think its not enough. I'm planning to buy a skip rope. :cool:

bro,

for the price of designer whey and the grms of protein per servings, i would rather get a Precision Engineered Whey Protein...both same taste, about the same grms of protein per serving BUT costs alot less...OR, better yet, get a Dymatize Elite which has 23 grms of protein per serving (compare to ON's 24) but tastes alot better...take care and keep pumping...noah

bro noah - where do you buy your whey? i'd like to try out precision or dymatize but am curious about the price and where to pick it up. how much for 2lb and 5lb? thanks in advance for any info.

bro noah - where do you buy your whey? i'd like to try out precision or dymatize but am curious about the price and where to pick it up. how much for 2lb and 5lb? thanks in advance for any info.

try to look dre sa classifieds section dito...i think someone is selling supplements at a low price, i believe sir noah still sells supplements also ( i think)

Gotcha, chief!

Ok, here's what WAS my (usual)diet during my workout days (May-Dec '06):

Breakfast:

Either: Oatmeal / Cereal with a banana

Egg whites / Tuna sandwhich on wheat

Lunch:

1 cup rice

Chicken breast

some vegetables

Fish (steamed)

Anything beef

Dinner:

Same as lunch but without the rice

I eat anything during sundays (I call it my sin day), but I dont splurge too much like on a sunday night I'd eat chips, burger with soda or two slices of pizza. On saturdays I try to say away form beer as much as possible and drink hard liquor or wine instead. STRICTLY NO SISIG OR ANYTHING FATTY FOR PULUTAN.

NOW (or since JANUARY), when I stopped working out coz the gym where I workout closed down (PINNACLE in EASTWOOD) my brain suddenly gave up. Now i'm back to my old ways (you know what I mean). And instantly, my tummy went bulging again and my upper body is now starting to look ugly. Though I still do some push ups every other day, it seems I would really have to go to a gym to get back in shape.

One more thing... Its hard to jog around at our village. Will skipping ropes suffice for cardio-training? Though I play soccer at least once a week, I think its not enough. I'm planning to buy a skip rope. :cool:

From what I see, you're diet is mediocre. Lose the cereal and banana (banana ok after workouts). You can keep a few yolks, don't be affraid of the yolks man! As for your tuna, are you adding mayo? If you are, drop it! You need snacks in between your meals, you have to be eating frequently. Lunch seems like its ok, you're rice better be brown rice, and your protein source shouldn't have sauces or whatever. Only time you should eat white rice is after a workout, the gi rating should be ok at that time.

As for your sundays! Get that "sin day" mentality outta here! Burgers? Pizza? Soda? HOLY s@%t MAN! nuff said! If you're having troubles with what foods to eat, here's a list:

Here is a solid list of foods:

Complete Healthy Food List:

High Protein souces, non dairy

Chicken breasts or groud

Turkey breasts or ground

Tuna, chunk or albacore, can or pouch–>Light in water

Salmon

Other fish baked or broiled (haddock ,flounder, halibut, mahi-mahi, tilapia)

Extra Lean beef

Canned turkey or chicken

Steaks (Flank, Top Sirloin, tenderloins, Filet Mignons)

Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)

Shrimp

Scallops

Ostrich

Eggs

Egg Beaters

Egg Whites

Proteins (whey, casein, soy)

Tofu

Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)

Good Fat Souces:

Natural peanut butter

Almond butter

Various Steaks

Ground Beef

Fatty Fish (Salmon, Mackerel, whitefish)

High Protein sources, high calcium sources, dairy (lactose)

Fat free Cheese

Fat free Cottage Cheese

Fat FreeRicotta

Fat free plain yogurt

Fat free milk or soymilk

Fat Free/Light String Cheese

Grains, complex carbohydrates, fiber

Steel or Rolled Oats

High Fiber-Low Sugar Cereal (Fiber One, Uncle Sam’s, Kashi, Wheet-a-bix, etc.)

Brown and Wild Rice

Whole Wheat Pasta

Whole Wheat Bread

Quinoa

Farina (Cream of Wheat)

Multigrain Hot Cereal or Barley

Beans (pinto, black, kidney, etc)

Soba

Vegetables, complex carbohydrates, fiber

Sweet potatoes, yams

Beans (Black eyed peas, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black, white, etc.)

Brocoli

Eggplant

carrots

cucumber

Brussel sprouts

Spinach

cauliflower

CabbageGreen beans

Asparagus

Bell peppers, (red, yellow and green)

Onions

celery

Tomatoes

Zuchinni and other squashes

Fresh Fruit (fructose)

Apples

Oranges

Tangerines

Bananas

Grapefruit

Peaches

Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries

Oils (healthy fats)

Flaxseed oil

fish oils

Olive oil

canola oil

Cocunut Oil

Sesamin Oil

Safflower Oil

CLA

Nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts,cashews,pecans)

Cal Free cooking spray

Gotcha, bro!

No, I never use mayo on my tuna. It's on water and I never even put salt in it.

My "sin day" program never seem to have caused much trouble. I did loose weight inspite of it. The reason behind why I made such is to avoid getting my mind "bored" over the diet routine. Cause honestly the "healthy" foods can really get ur head bored if you eat it 7 days a week. So at least once a day, i'd eat, let's say a BigMac, fries and soda to get me something to look forward to after 6 days of "dieting". Trust me bro, eating two slices of pepperoni pizza or a bag of Lays on a sunday night can be rewarding (to the brain, at least).

For lunch and dinner, I always make sure its breast chicken. No starch, flour, and very less salt.

For snacks, I have Planter's mixed nuts (the lightly salted one) with fresh fruit juices (no sugar added) as much as possible.

Gotcha, bro!

No, I never use mayo on my tuna. It's on water and I never even put salt in it.

My "sin day" program never seem to have caused much trouble. I did loose weight inspite of it. The reason behind why I made such is to avoid getting my mind "bored" over the diet routine. Cause honestly the "healthy" foods can really get ur head bored if you eat it 7 days a week. So at least once a day, i'd eat, let's say a BigMac, fries and soda to get me something to look forward to after 6 days of "dieting". Trust me bro, eating two slices of pepperoni pizza or a bag of Lays on a sunday night can be rewarding (to the brain, at least).

For lunch and dinner, I always make sure its breast chicken. No starch, flour, and very less salt.

For snacks, I have Planter's mixed nuts (the lightly salted one) with fresh fruit juices (no sugar added) as much as possible.

cheat meals certainly do have their place in a diet, but weekly is out of hand, but to each his own. I only do cheat meals maybe once every five weeks if I feel my body needs it. If I feel my metabolism is slowing or my fat loss is plateauing I eat an extra 800-1000cals in one day, and the next day I look fuller and leaner and sometimes I even lose weight due to the metabolism boost. After that cheat meal, my weight starts dropping again. It goes on and on until I reach my desired body fat %.

From what I see, you're diet is mediocre. Lose the cereal and banana (banana ok after workouts). You can keep a few yolks, don't be affraid of the yolks man! As for your tuna, are you adding mayo? If you are, drop it! You need snacks in between your meals, you have to be eating frequently. Lunch seems like its ok, you're rice better be brown rice, and your protein source shouldn't have sauces or whatever. Only time you should eat white rice is after a workout, the gi rating should be ok at that time.

bro, just a question. is eating too much banana is bad? because i eat plenty of bananas after dinner. what will be the bad implications of eating too much bananas?

bro, just a question. is eating too much banana is bad? because i eat plenty of bananas after dinner. what will be the bad implications of eating too much bananas?

as long as it fits within your calorie goals it should be alright for the most part...also remember that there is fructose in bananas, this raises insulin and that can hold fat on you, nutrition timing plays a big role in any diet. The only time you want to spike your insulin is after a workout.

Edited by enkateam