Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

SAYANG U WERE NOT ABLE TO WATCH THE INTERSCHOOL POWERLIFTING COMPETITION HELD LAST SATURDAY IN ROBINSON'S PLACE ERMITA... :( NAKITA MO SANA HOW EXCELLENT PEANUTS DID TO ONE OF THE COMPETITORS THERE, HE WAS LIFTING 450LBS DEADLIFTS...AND HE WAS ONLY TRAINING FOR 6 MONTHS :thumbsupsmiley:

oo nga, sayang di din ako nakapunta. i heard eclipse-la salle was over-all winner? is that correct?

I only bought my 6Lb Pro-rated brand whey protein at $30. 22g protein per serving. I think that's way way cheap than buying a steak

dude i don't get it...

you spend $30 on a 6lb pro rated brand, that is 1560 (correct the conversion if i'm wrong) in Phil peso.

it seemed you already have a decision even before asking your concern if food supplements will indeed benefit you,

so why bother ask?

steak isn't the only natural source of protein there's also skinless chicken breast, egg whites and peanuts, the fact that you're so keen on mentioning "steak" as your target food would only mean you can afford it. besides, while others here can only hope to get whey protein sold locally for an affordable price, you're acquring it using your $$$...

i'm amazed :blink:

just sharing my POV, peace

dude i don't get it...

you spend $30 on a 6lb pro rated brand, that is 1560 (correct the conversion if i'm wrong) in Phil peso.

it seemed you already have a decision even before asking your concern if food supplements will indeed benefit you,

so why bother ask?

steak isn't the only natural source of protein there's also skinless chicken breast, egg whites and peanuts, the fact that you're so keen on mentioning "steak" as your target food would only mean you can afford it. besides, while others here can only hope to get whey protein sold locally for an affordable price, you're acquring it using your $$$...

i'm amazed :blink:

just sharing my POV, peace

Then why have this thread when all you can recommend is to go natural...

kse nababasa ko dito eh ang suggestion eh to go natural by all means. Yes, that's the best but then again iba iba ang schedules/preference natin. Titimplahin ko lang yung protein shake ko eh less than 5 minutes lang as against magprepare pa ko ng natural food.

Generally mahal yang protein shakes... but for other people, mas mahal yung TIME nila. Convenience can be pricey...

kse nababasa ko dito eh ang suggestion eh to go natural by all means. Yes, that's the best but then again iba iba ang schedules/preference natin. Titimplahin ko lang yung protein shake ko eh less than 5 minutes lang as against magprepare pa ko ng natural food.

Generally mahal yang protein shakes... but for other people, mas mahal yung TIME nila. Convenience can be pricey...

saglit lang mag steam ng chicken pare :D 3min. lang luto na yun, ako niluluto ko lahat ng meals ko sa umaga palang, mga 15 to 20min. to prepare lahat ng meals for the whole day na un, puro steamed chicken tsaka broccoli nga lang, tiisin mo nalang ung lasa :D

Part of the problem is that most trainees put FAR too much emphasis on protein and not enough on essential fatty acids (EFAs), fiber, and total calories (not derived from SUGAR like in weight gainers). What you get is guys who can't lose fat when dieting (because they are eating too much protein) and guys who can't gain weight (because they think that all they need is protein for a positive nitrogen balance).

Protein is insignificant in comparison to total calories. Total calories is the key to growth as total calories is the key to weight loss/dieting.

I can feel the heat from the guys that will jump on me for what I've just said, but I used to believe the opposite until I got my degree in biochemistry and spent time researching wasting diseases and disorders. The human body is an incredibly efficient machine, and will grow with even 50 grams of protein per day (even if the athlete is 200lbs) as long as there are enough calories present.

I used to religiously drink 200 grams of protein per day and didn't eat enough. I made zero gains. Then I learned how to train properly and once purposely avoided protein for a month when getting back from a long layoff following a minor surgery. Within that month, I gained back a large portion of my strength and lean mass. When I tried dieting once I kept my protein very high but my calories moderate. I couldn't lose fat because my body couldn't handle 1 gram per lb of bodyweight. I cut the protein in half, and lo and behold, my bodyfat level plummeted and I was lean in record time.

If you want REAL results, eat REAL food and balance everything. It's much more difficult to do this with supplements.

a bit of a newbie here. i admit im too lazy to back read. whats the best/most recommened supplement to take if you want to gain weight? just one supplement since i cant afford to get several different weight gain supplements. thanks!

1. Eat as much as you can as often as you can

The two most effective supplements i have used that helped me put on muscle:

a wuart of milk and a pound of peanuts daily

Van Wilder

I cant decide which would I choose:

1. EAS 100%

2. Optimum 100%

3. Champion.

4. Weider Daily Protein( not really my choice but its on sale due to over supply)

Pls help :)

I guess Optimum is still the best.

Nitrotech I might never buy that one, its very expensive.

MRM, BSN and Syntha6, Im very open to use them.

pasaway talaga itong bugoy na to...nagtanong p kay van wilder e meron na pla syang napili

bata kung wla kng matino na matanong magbasa basa kna lng muna ha :lol:

saglit lang mag steam ng chicken pare :D 3min. lang luto na yun, ako niluluto ko lahat ng meals ko sa umaga palang, mga 15 to 20min. to prepare lahat ng meals for the whole day na un, puro steamed chicken tsaka broccoli nga lang, tiisin mo nalang ung lasa :D

tama si humpy, ako nga gabi plng nilalagay ko na sa turbo broiler ang chicken breast e tpos iinitin nlng kasabay ng steamed rice sa umaga para hindi mashado gahol sa oras. nakakasawa na ang nilagang manok khit gaano ka determined to be in good shape nde nman cguro tama na ideprived mo ang sarili na kumain ng wlang lasa di ba..kya ung chicken breast ko naka marinate sa salt, pepper, garlic and calamansi extract.. :thumbsupsmiley:

a bit of a newbie here. i admit im too lazy to back read. whats the best/most recommened supplement to take if you want to gain weight? just one supplement since i cant afford to get several different weight gain supplements. thanks!

pre, kung marami kng pera at tamad ka mag prepare ng sarili mong food at sa tingin mo food supplement ang makakatulong sau para mag gain ng mass...PM mo nlng si Van Wilder or si Noah

kung gusto mo nman ng alternative to food supplement w/c is natural food at kelangan mo ng tips on how to eat right to gain mass...PM mo nlng si Eclipseguy or si Olympus

kung gusto mo nman ng natural food at the same time umiinom p ng food supplement...ask mo si Equus.

:D

Convenience is really pricey.

Your life style and work determines why should you use supplements.

They are called food supplements not food substitutes.

yes, and supplements are there to provide you with what you're missing...

Going back to my point... eating all-natural food all the way does not apply to everyone, the same goes for supplements.

Bros,

FYI, I DO NOT recommend supplements as your PRIMARY source of food/nutrients. (NOTHING BEATS NATURAL FOOD!!!)...However, i am selling supplements PRIMARILY to give customers/supplement users other means of getting supplements at a cheaper price. The supplements there in PI is just tooo freakin' expensive...I almost fainted the first time I saw the supplement prices at the malls...Very soon, I will be bringing in a 5lb. quality whey protein that is under P1800...

I truly understand that money don't come easy. On top of that, we want to stay healthy but most gym memberships are too expensive...I admire EG and Oly for contributing the needs (knowledge and affordable gyms) in PI's fitness world.

This is just another hobby/passion of mine just like fitness and working out...I do have a good-paying job and other source of income...

Stay healthy and Keep pumping....noah

pre, kung marami kng pera at tamad ka mag prepare ng sarili mong food at sa tingin mo food supplement ang makakatulong sau para mag gain ng mass...PM mo nlng si Van Wilder or si Noah

kung gusto mo nman ng alternative to food supplement w/c is natural food at kelangan mo ng tips on how to eat right to gain mass...PM mo nlng si Eclipseguy or si Olympus

kung gusto mo nman ng natural food at the same time umiinom p ng food supplement...ask mo si Equus.

:D

thanks worshipme!

any recos regarding amino's? is optimum nutrition better than twin labs? is it all pretty much the same? I got the ripped fuel 5x... will try it out...

Just send the money that you intend to spend to me, and I'll promise to "research" the answer for you, publish it in a bodybuilding rag, and patronize you later on your "before" and "after" transformation after I feed you flour pills for 6 weeks as you pose next to 2 hot fitness girls :lol: