Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Correct me if i have it wrong, but this "time-release" premise works the same way with "wheat" forms of bread/pasta/etc, eh? I've always assumed bread is bread, carbs are carbs, both refined and less processed carb sources roughly contain the same amount of calories, but because the less processed, rougher, wheat variety, they take longer to digest. (The time release benefit on top of the added fiber as a bonus)

Problem 1) Most "wheat" bread here in the Philippines is just white bread colored brown. Real wheat bread costs probably 4-5 times more than white bread...so if your "wheat" bread is cheap, it probably isn't wheat bread. Don't eat bread unless you know, for a fact, that it is actually wheat bread.

Problem 2) While this form of fiberous carb takes longer to digest, the period of digestion relative to red meat is relatively short since it is still a "quick to absorb" carbohydrate...while protein takes much longer to digest and absorb due to the chemical bonding of amino acids.

Problem 1) Most "wheat" bread here in the Philippines is just white bread colored brown. Real wheat bread costs probably 4-5 times more than white bread...so if your "wheat" bread is cheap, it probably isn't wheat bread. Don't eat bread unless you know, for a fact, that it is actually wheat bread.

Problem 2) While this form of fiberous carb takes longer to digest, the period of digestion relative to red meat is relatively short since it is still a "quick to absorb" carbohydrate...while protein takes much longer to digest and absorb due to the chemical bonding of amino acids.

hey coach

my mom usually buys WHEAT bread from gardenia and it costs Php52.50. is it the actual wheat bread or just a white bread colored into brown?

Go natural! try www.nutritiondata.com, to find out about the macronutrients of most foods. For me, I get my protein from prime cut steaks or salmon and sometime eggs(just eat one egg yolk though). For carb. eat lots of fruits and vegetables, its high in dietary fibre and make us feel full, no hunger pangs soon. As a suggestion, blender the fruits! (smoothies) so you won't have to eat it individually and use 2%MF or less milk. For bread you can use whole grain, 7 grains, or oat bran.

^^ 3 whole eggs (with the yolk)? If i remember my homework, about a year ago i read about this "recent study" that a person can consume 1 whole egg a day and be fine. I dunno if some more recent study has reverted this

I think someone should shed a light to this....

What is the naked truth about eggs?

ako kasi ang alam ko masama ang egg yolk because of the cholesterol atsaka yung salmonella.....pero without giving out my reasons.....yung mga officemates ko (who happened to be food conscious also) give my a different look.....they tell me i should eat the yolks too coz eggs were meant to be eaten with it.......pero napanood ko naman si Ben Stiller last year publicly denouncing eggs saying it is the root of all diet evil.......

so which is which? :blink:

^^ 3 whole eggs (with the yolk)? If i remember my homework, about a year ago i read about this "recent study" that a person can consume 1 whole egg a day and be fine. I dunno if some more recent study has reverted this

When I tested for my aviation physical back in 1999, I was 25 years old. I ate a diet with at least 6 whole eggs per day. This was in addition to peanuts and noodles on a daily basis. My HDL (good cholesterol) was above normal. My LDL (bad cholesterol) was below normal. Trigycerides were below normal as well.

Eggs are my favorite choice for dieting/cutting (whole eggs that is) since they supress your appetite due to their fat content as well as being a perfect protein source.

Question : What is your take on Lucky Me Instant Pansit Canton Chili? May nutrition ba sya kahit papano? Harmful ba sya? Ginagawa ko kasi syang breakfast e

dude masasabi ko lng wag mo parati kainin ksi puro msg instant noodles e. di ba sbi nila nakakabobo daw ung msg or vetsin?

Very cheap....therefore, it's probably just colored white bread.

how much shud a real wheat bread cost?

what brand does make real wheat ones?

where can i buy em?

how much shud a real wheat bread cost?

what brand does make real wheat ones?

where can i buy em?

My guess based on real/organic/pure foods (since I don't buy bread) priced here is about 5-10 times what you'd pay for regular white bread. The reason I say this is because I nearly fell over recently when I bought organic pasta sauce at shopwise next to Eclipse...Php350 per jar! :blink:

I'm not sure about where you can buy real wheat bread, but I'm sure Santis Deli is a good bet.

My guess based on real/organic/pure foods (since I don't buy bread) priced here is about 5-10 times what you'd pay for regular white bread. The reason I say this is because I nearly fell over recently when I bought organic pasta sauce at shopwise next to Eclipse...Php350 per jar! :blink:

I'm not sure about where you can buy real wheat bread, but I'm sure Santis Deli is a good bet.

kung puro colored lang yung wheat bread dito satin, hindi ba sila mahuhuli ng BFAD nun?

http://www.gardenia.com.ph/prod.htm

Edited by pitbull69
Share ko lang:

Eto po yung pic ng collection ko ng mga WHEY PROTEIN, creatine at Animal Stack (sa rght side po). Sa loob ng each bottle meron pang mga bottles ng AMINO, FAT Burners, Creatine etc.

http://www.geocities.com/andrean48/ANime/supplements.jpg

Nice collection...hehe :D

Na-tempt din tuloy ako i-share yung collection ko ng supplements, pero halos puro megamass4000.

I have 15 empty 2.98lbs megamass4000 containers plus some multivitamins. :cool:

question lang po: ung bang 4g na protein content per serving ng mumurahing protein powder is the same effect dun sa mamahalin na brand na protein powder kung 4g protein content per serving din sya?

Most likely not. FYI, most people get more than enough protein already and they jut don't know it. Any excess protein will just turn to waste and the body can absorb roughly 40g of protein at a time. Excess protein also tends to give you the bloated look