i really don't have much choice when it comes to greenbelt. our office is a few minutes away and when traffic gets really bad in ayala, it is way better to brave the spaghetti-strap and tight jeans crowd than die of hunger in the middle of edsa. (hehe. obvious bang takot ako magutom?)

i like magnum too. they have a wide (in Philippine standards) selection of wine and they used to serve this really good wine cake. it was the wine version of the rhum cake. the cake was moist and not too sweet. a free dessert wine was served with each order. unfortunately, when i passed by a few weeks ago, i learned that they stopped serving it.  :angry:

but when it comes to food, i like the chilean sea bass of pepato's, the nilasing na hipon of masa's (you should also try their zombie, a liter costs about P200), crab marilyn of seafoof club, lobster balls of good earth and the mushrooms with garlic of merk's.

we also love grappa's. they also have a wide selection of wines and they also have freshly-brewed beer. their buffet spread is awful but their pasta and pizza are great.

and of course, there's casa armas. their boquerones, cochinillo, iberian chicken and crab with olive oil are just perfect with their sangria.

for a cheap bottle of wine, you can also go to uva. they serve a bottle of deakin estate for abotu P450.

now, i'm hungry.

HEADLINE:

HOUSEWIFE DIES OF HUNGER IN THE MIDDLE OF EDSA

June 31, 2005. In a belated report, a housewife was found dead in a car which stopped in the middle of EDSA in the middle of a horrendous jam traffic about 7:30pm yesterday. Upon investigation, it was found out that............

:lol:

I really need to have a drink tomorrow :wacko:

i was being polite by not mentioning grappa's and other restos in the list of places i dont go to in gb. mylk is pretty (the chef i meant! :lol: )  going back to its food, it can pass... it value for buck, not just simply "laman tyan!"

the gloriamaris (is it still there? ), i would suggest you drive all the way down to greenhills shopping center.  pepato's is good but 2 reasons i wont spend my money there (altho i already did!)  (1) it's a fancy resto located in a mall (2) i cant seem to crossover the fact that gaita fores, known for her cibo  went upscale to fine cuisine.  (yeah, you may say i need to lighten up!).  albeit i know that she went to italy to pursue her culinary study and so did ed quimson of rastro but he took a different route getting to where he is now!  it's usually gourmet chef reaching out to mass appeal, just like wolfgang puck and spago!

I think I need to go back to mylk in order to confirm your observation :rolleyes:

there are a lot of chefs content with downhome low-key appeal. I'm not sure if you know Rox Cailao of Katre and Jose Mari Relucio of Ristorante Uno, both in the Morato area. Very good but very unnassuming. Pare why don't we try Uno one time - I don't know about now - but they used to allow customers to bring in their own wine....

Ola Winos!  Contrary to the rumors going around that I have been abducted by Father Tropa's kampon and the aliens, hahaha I've just been really busy with work, seen canoodling here and there with my favorite man and of course drinking vino so worth the absence from this thread for a couple of days!!! :P

Had a wonderful, no, magical day yesterday.  And the bonus was the day spent with a 1998 Brunello di Montalcino in hand.  Am just chasing the label to give you a better report but offhand it was dry (ahah!  I have learned to appreciate dry vin rouge! :D), full bodied (although light with every sip) and warm.  I tasted mostly oak (woodsy), vanillin and a wee bit of spice and licorice?  Ahhh and the finish ... was just excellent! :lol: 

Of course delightful wine is always best shared with equally delightful company :rolleyes:  I have been so fortunate in this lifetime to share wine with people who are so very dear to my heart. :)

I stumbled upon this blog and it is such an excellent read -- some affluent man living in Makati and an epicure extraordinaire!  Promise it will be worth your time to visit www.marketmanila.com    ... from recipes to food to ingredients and FLOWERS!  Such a delightful find!

Ok uwi na ako .... catch y'all later!  Cheers!

welcome back!

....and I'm surprised you still remember Father Tropa :lol:

I wonder what happened to him - perhaps devoured by that python he was in the habit of displaying :lol:

great review! :)

not much to be expected from restaurants here. wine, as far as servers are concerned, is still either white or red.  some managers would attempt that's why it is best to stick to what you have in mind.  but if the restaurant owner or chef would come out and talk to you, then i may heed.

honestly, i have nothing personal against  nuvo or other similar places but "it" being located in a mall has it's limitations. i guess it begins in the food prep areas and wine storage space competing with other storage and activity areas.  being a "to see and be seen" hip resto, there would be too many distractions with  your food and wine experience... well it's would be nice is such distraction would always be pretty but often times it would be pretty annoying and loud.

i often pick stand alone restaurants especially when i take the wife to a special dinner.  For the same amount of cash I would spend in Nuvo, I would go to restos like Tivoli at the Mandarin or Mi Piace at the Pen.  in places like these, you could engage the manager in a lively tete-a-tete on wines and what you are looking for!

I havent eaten at Nuvo or perhaps I simply refuse.  my wife already did with some friends and tried their foie gras (my wife and I, and lately my daughter have some great affection for the dish).  when  she got home she said that the dish was not done right... over done that there was hardly any rare portion on it and it was quite tough.  my take on such is that, if it can't be done right, take it out of the menu!

there are other places in gb which my wife and i, and maybe with some friends and guests would go to.  if i am in a wine binge, it's magnum (i would not recommend that you eat here); coffee/dessert and casually elegant setting would be segafredo; hue for vietnamese, bubba gump for the ribs, nanbantei for yakitori, cafe havana for the jamon serrano pizza, mojito and its "wildlife" fit for national geographic!

i really don't have much choice when it comes to greenbelt. our office is a few minutes away and when traffic gets really bad in ayala, it is way better to brave the spaghetti-strap and tight jeans crowd than die of hunger in the middle of edsa. (hehe. obvious bang takot ako magutom?)

i like magnum too. they have a wide (in Philippine standards) selection of wine and they used to serve this really good wine cake. it was the wine version of the rhum cake. the cake was moist and not too sweet. a free dessert wine was served with each order. unfortunately, when i passed by a few weeks ago, i learned that they stopped serving it.  :angry:

but when it comes to food, i like the chilean sea bass of pepato's, the nilasing na hipon of masa's (you should also try their zombie, a liter costs about P200), crab marilyn of seafoof club, lobster balls of good earth and the mushrooms with garlic of merk's.

we also love grappa's. they also have a wide selection of wines and they also have freshly-brewed beer. their buffet spread is awful but their pasta and pizza are great.

and of course, there's casa armas. their boquerones, cochinillo, iberian chicken and crab with olive oil are just perfect with their sangria.

for a cheap bottle of wine, you can also go to uva. they serve a bottle of deakin estate for abotu P450.

now, i'm hungry.

i was being polite by not mentioning grappa's and other restos in the list of places i dont go to in gb. mylk is pretty (the chef i meant! :lol: )  going back to its food, it can pass... it value for buck, not just simply "laman tyan!"

the gloriamaris (is it still there? ), i would suggest you drive all the way down to greenhills shopping center.  pepato's is good but 2 reasons i wont spend my money there (altho i already did!)  (1) it's a fancy resto located in a mall (2) i cant seem to crossover the fact that gaita fores, known for her cibo  went upscale to fine cuisine.  (yeah, you may say i need to lighten up!).  albeit i know that she went to italy to pursue her culinary study and so did ed quimson of rastro but he took a different route getting to where he is now!  it's usually gourmet chef reaching out to mass appeal, just like wolfgang puck and spago!

Now THAT is an exchange worth the bandwidth!!! Hey - for my next visit, we're going to have to plan something special.......and I nominate Masi and Tentacle to make the reservations! :thumbsupsmiley:

AND THIS THREAD IS ALIVE!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: welcome back senorita!

speaking of recipes, we should have an eb where wines and home cooked meals would fit along with good company and conversation!!!

So come on over - I'll fire up the grills (yes, multiple grills and adding a smoker soon), and cook you an entire meal totally on the grill(s). Meat, fowl and fish, veggies, grilled fruit - the works. Only the breads and the desserts will come off another heat source! :cool:

...and it had to happen here :lol:

well frankly, for a place that looks glitzy from the outside - with lots of wine - I'm disappointed to know that they have no idea how to store wine, when to take off wine from the shelves when it begins to look iffy etc..

For such an expensive place they should have some sort of a sommelier or someone knowledgeable about wines to talk wine with customers. This is the reason why I have to read up a lot about wines because I don't trust resto people here to recommend a certain wine. I have to go by what I know before I order wine and usually by the glass only, not by the bottle.

I have doubts about the wines they have in the restos here - aside from the ridiculously inflated price, do they know how to store it? I would assume that when they close off the resto at night and put out the electricity and the airconditioning, the wines will suffer in the intensely humid conditions inside a closed restaurant, especially in summer. How do they deal with that? I wouldn't pay a thousand bucks for something I am dubious about.

And also, for those wines you can order by the glass, how many days do they keep an opened bottle before they throw it away with any excess content? Also doubtful to order by the glass because you never know how long the bottle has been opened. Do they have a policy about opened bottles? By the way they mistreat stored wines, I doubt anybody in the resto knows when to discard opened bottles.

Just my thoughts...

The thought crossed my mind - but the damage to the wine seemed like it could also have been caused by improper shipping. THere was so much leakage tha the wine had to have been at an elevated temperature for quite a while. Wine in cases, or as is typically the case in restaurants, stcked cases, has a very high thermal mass, which means that it takes a long exposure to the high temperature to cause damage to the wine. I keep some wines in my closet at home - our house is NOT airconditioned, so in the summer, the room will get to 80 deg F or so on a hot day, with temperatures cooling to the 70s at night, and the wines in the closet, especially the wines in cases, stay relatively cool.

As for opened bottles - it's been said that a good wine should keep 4 days in an open bottle. My personal experience is it's less than that. Wine frequently benefits from air, but prolonged air leads to oxidation and a degradation in taste. Since I'm usually the only wino at home, I don't finish off a bottle in one night. Two, maybe, but not one. So I re-cork the wine (now I use a device that does the smae thing but is much easier to open) and put the wine on its side in the fridge. Betweent he cold and the cap, I reduce both oxidation and any bacterial activity which would be the cause of turning the wine into vinegar. What do they do at restaurants in Manila? I haven't a clue. I know the local (to me) places I frequent do re-cork the wines and do store them in a cool place overnight.

now that you mention it - is there any sommelier working in the Philippines?

I thought nuvo had wine flights - so you could sample wine before deciding what you would eventually have?

Dunno about the wine flights - I don't remember seeing them but then again, it's been more than two weeks so who knows? :blink:

There's a place I go to in Walnut Creek that does wine flights - it's called Va de Vi and it's a tapas/small plates kinda place. The sous chef is part Filipino, (from Hawaii) and he's got things like adobo (made with pork ribs) and lumpia on the menu. Great place to go.....but I digress. They have several different flights to choose from, all of which are pretty interesting - all zins, a French red flight, exotic whites, bubblies.....

I did read that one of the recent sommeliers to achieve the MASTER rank is a Filipino. And it turns out that down around Salina (Monterey County) there is a winery owned by a Filipino. Gotta go try that one some time.

Ola Winos!  Contrary to the rumors going around that I have been abducted by Father Tropa's kampon and the aliens, hahaha I've just been really busy with work, seen canoodling here and there with my favorite man and of course drinking vino so worth the absence from this thread for a couple of days!!! :P

Had a wonderful, no, magical day yesterday.  And the bonus was the day spent with a 1998 Brunello di Montalcino in hand.  Am just chasing the label to give you a better report but offhand it was dry (ahah!  I have learned to appreciate dry vin rouge! :D), full bodied (although light with every sip) and warm.  I tasted mostly oak (woodsy), vanillin and a wee bit of spice and licorice?  Ahhh and the finish ... was just excellent! :lol: 

Of course delightful wine is always best shared with equally delightful company :rolleyes:  I have been so fortunate in this lifetime to share wine with people who are so very dear to my heart. :)

I stumbled upon this blog and it is such an excellent read -- some affluent man living in Makati and an epicure extraordinaire!  Promise it will be worth your time to visit www.marketmanila.com    ... from recipes to food to ingredients and FLOWERS!  Such a delightful find!

Ok uwi na ako .... catch y'all later!  Cheers!

Welcome back! So which was more fun, the canoodling or the wine drinking? :thumbsupsmiley:

So come on over - I'll fire up the grills (yes, multiple grills and adding a smoker soon), and cook you an entire meal totally on the grill(s). Meat, fowl and fish, veggies, grilled fruit - the works. Only the breads and the desserts will come off another heat source!  :cool:

what a tempting offer, agxo! and would surely love to go there again... it's been mostly the east coast in my recent visit! better yet, we'll be wait for you and eagleyes come before the last quarter of the year!

have a good weekend. ours is already setting in!

AND THIS THREAD IS ALIVE!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: welcome back senorita!

speaking of recipes, we should have an eb where wines and home cooked meals would fit along with good company and conversation!!!

AWARD Senyorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! This thread has always been alive kaya :P And I ain't fishing hah! :closedeyes:

Magandang idea yang WEB ala BYOB (Bring Your Own Bitbit quesejodang bote, bebot, bogchi or boylet yang B na yan! :lol:)!!! If that pushes through I'll bring my almost-famous Prawns ala Lipstick! Or the equally almost-made-it Tuna ala Lips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I need to go back to mylk in order to confirm your observation :rolleyes:

there are a lot of chefs content with downhome low-key appeal. I'm not sure if you know Rox Cailao of Katre and Jose Mari Relucio of Ristorante Uno, both in the Morato area. Very good but very unnassuming. Pare why don't we try Uno one time - I don't know about now - but they used to allow customers to bring in their own wine....

Sharapppppppppp sa Katre! And Uno as well. Geez, I suddenly miss Dondi my friend because the last time I was at UNO was with him :cry: We used to always make it a point to discover all these little unassuming but yummy places together. Morato has a whole lot of these lovely lil discoveries of a dining place. :)

Can I just say that I find NUVO such a pretentious bar to be in! I cringe everytime we (meaning office friends) have to go there! Euuuuwwwwwww! Que dami daming kibitzers and mga wanna be seen there that it's just disgusting! :grr: And it is true that their supposed sommelier is not a sommelier but a SOME-LIAR! :lol: He doesn't even know his wines! Lech!

Aga aga mainit na naman ulo ko. :upside:

welcome back!

....and I'm surprised you still remember Father Tropa :lol:

I wonder what happened to him - perhaps devoured by that python he was in the habit of displaying :lol:

great review!  :)

Who can forget Father Tropa and his spaceship 2000 pare??!?!?! Hahahaha Every Sabado Morning palabas yan sa Channel 9! Susmio, I remember tuning on purpose just to have some laughs! :lol:

Welcome back! So which was more fun, the canoodling or the wine drinking?  :thumbsupsmiley:

:) Thank you Mr. Agxo3! Drinking wine while canoodling is most fun. ^_^

pare expect a lot of people to be at Barcino - it's been posted at the papers yesterday - baka wala tayong mapwestuhan dun. For sure pag madami nang tao - off limits na ang cigars natin :P

well, we can always try! if it's full then we go to the other resto in that area, or a where johnny and glen are waiting!!!

now that you mention it - is there any sommelier working in the Philippines?

I thought nuvo had wine flights - so you could sample wine before deciding what you would eventually have?

pare kahit bad money dala ko, I would still have second thoughts about buying wine in a resto <read: makunat talaga ako> :lol:

i am not sure if there is one. i know that most 5 star hotels have both filipinos and foreigners who went to hotel schools in europe and are pretty knowledgable with their wines. at shang-makati, when i was helping my japanese expat client arrange dinner hosted by his chairman for a cigar smoking and thumbs up man and a yellow dress wearing housewife from tarlac, we were introduced to one of the filipino f&b manager who really knew his wines. he helped us pick a selection, while we were talking to the chef which would match the food that was to be served. at the manadarin, a dutch f&b manager by the name christophe pratically recited to me the entire wine list giving general notes for every wine!

so far the only resto i know which has wine flights would be magnum... we were there the first time but since i was already sipping the shiraz, you decided to join me rather than take the flight!

AWARD Senyorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  This thread has always been alive kaya :P  And I ain't fishing hah! :closedeyes:

Magandang idea yang WEB ala BYOB (Bring Your Own Bitbit quesejodang bote, bebot, bogchi or boylet yang B na yan! :lol:)!!!  If that pushes through I'll bring my almost-famous Prawns ala Lipstick! Or the equally almost-made-it Tuna ala Lips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharapppppppppp sa Katre!  And Uno as well.  Geez, I suddenly miss Dondi my friend because the last time I was at UNO was with him :cry:  We used to always make it a point to discover all these little unassuming but yummy places together.  Morato has a whole lot of these lovely lil discoveries of a dining place. :)

Can I just say that I find NUVO such a pretentious bar to be in!  I cringe everytime we (meaning office friends) have to go there!  Euuuuwwwwwww!  Que dami daming kibitzers and mga wanna be seen there that it's just disgusting!  :grr: And it is true that their supposed sommelier is not a sommelier but a SOME-LIAR! :lol:    He doesn't even know his wines!  Lech!

Aga aga mainit na naman ulo ko.  :upside:

That would surely be the event of the year or perhaps the event of the thread!!! WEB + BYOB!!!! How are your prawns and tuna done? post the recipe!

I havent been to Uno (albeit, I know a Pizzeria Uno in SFO which is famous for its deep pizza, hmmm sararp!) nor Katre as I hardly venture to Morato and Timog especially after thunderdome closed!!!(Pinoy, bisto tayo dito ah!!! :P ) Is Katre the medit-fusion in one of the side streets along morato? If so, is it still open? The wifey (who is more adventurous in food with her girlfriends) was supposed to take me to a medit-fusion resto somewhere there but it was closed!!! Uno, if i remember correctly serves a mean cheesecake right?! A friend of mine gave me this cheesecake and he said that he bought it somewhere in Morato. The typical me wont recall names and labels, kaya i dont have many name and numbers in my head!!! :evil: Please enlighten.. :wacko:

I am pretty surprise that you dont like Nuvo too!!! Well, obviously there is more to what meets the eye, I guess! Take it easy, sistah!!!! you wouldn't want those fury lines there!!! :)

That would surely be the event of the year or perhaps the event of the thread!!! WEB + BYOB!!!! How are your prawns and tuna done?  post the recipe!

I havent been to Uno (albeit, I know a Pizzeria Uno in SFO which is famous for its deep pizza, hmmm sararp!) nor Katre as I hardly venture to Morato and Timog especially after thunderdome closed!!!(Pinoy, bisto tayo dito ah!!! :P )  Is Katre the medit-fusion in one of the side streets along morato?  If so, is it still open? The wifey (who is more adventurous in food with her girlfriends) was supposed to take me to a medit-fusion resto somewhere there but it was closed!!!  Uno, if i remember correctly serves a mean cheesecake right?!  A friend of mine gave me this cheesecake and he said that he bought it somewhere in Morato.  The typical me wont recall names and labels, kaya i dont have many name and numbers in my head!!! :evil: Please enlighten.. :wacko:

I am pretty surprise that you dont like Nuvo too!!! Well, obviously there is more to what meets the eye, I guess!  Take it easy, sistah!!!! you wouldn't want those fury lines there!!! :)

Secret shempre ang recipe! All I know is I won my in-laws' tummies and hearts with those two viands not to mention my late hubby. :D Hey have you visited www.marketmanila.com ? Promise you will love that blog!

Yes Katre is that medit-fusion place in Morato and it is still very much open. :) You should tag along with the Mrs. when she goes out on these lil dining adventures! And here's a great idea to welcome her home ---- take her to Zucchini along Timog (right beside Santi's) for dinner and don't forget to order the Apple Pumpkin Soup. :flowers: Masharappp din yung halibut nila. ;)

And why are you surprised that I don't like Nuvo??? :blink: Just because I went to a KAKA school and I speak like a KAKA gurl it doesn't mean I am true blue KAKA ano?!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Secret shempre ang recipe!  All I know is I won my in-laws' tummies and hearts with those two viands not to mention my late hubby. :D  Hey have you visited www.marketmanila.com  ?  Promise you will love that blog!

Yes Katre is that medit-fusion place in Morato and it is still very much open.  :)  You should  tag along with the Mrs. when she goes out on these lil dining adventures!  And here's a great idea to welcome her home ---- take her to Zucchini along Timog (right beside Santi's) for dinner and don't forget to order the Apple Pumpkin Soup.  :flowers:  Masharappp din yung halibut nila. ;)

And why are you surprised that I don't like Nuvo??? :blink:  Just because I went to a KAKA school and I speak like a KAKA gurl it doesn't mean I am true blue KAKA ano?!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sige will really try Katre! Zucchini, i might as well! speaking of pumpkin soup, you should try arirang in alabang!!! *^#$% I tell you solemnly my child, kahit pangalan mo makakalimutan mo sa sarap!!!!

Nuvo, i thought, together with the rest of gb2 and 3 was the agencias' mecca of places to be in. every time i go there for lunch or doing my national geographic sojourn's at cafe havana... there is always something happening at the park!!! tuloy.. yung national geographic activity ko sa havana gets extended to animal planet at the park!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Hey have you visited www.marketmanila.com  ?  Promise you will love that blog!

i just visited it and posted my comments to a blog of a restaurant across riviera golf club. i havent been there but cousins and golf friends of mine are saying that the pancit bihon is good!

now i have to get back to work!!!! :P

The thought crossed my mind - but the damage to the wine seemed like it could also have been caused by improper shipping. THere was so much leakage tha the wine had to have been at an elevated temperature for quite a while. Wine in cases, or as is typically the case in restaurants, stcked cases, has a very high thermal mass, which means that it takes a long exposure to the high temperature to cause damage to the wine. I keep some wines in my closet at home - our house is NOT airconditioned, so in the summer, the room will get to 80 deg F or so on a hot day, with temperatures cooling to the 70s at night, and the wines in the closet, especially the wines in cases, stay relatively cool.

As for opened bottles - it's been said that a good wine should keep 4 days in an open bottle. My personal experience is it's less than that. Wine frequently benefits from air, but prolonged air leads to oxidation and a degradation in taste. Since I'm usually the only wino at home, I don't finish off a bottle in one night. Two, maybe, but not one. So I re-cork the wine (now I use a device that does the smae thing but is much easier to open) and put the wine on its side in the fridge. Betweent he cold and the cap, I reduce both oxidation and any bacterial activity which would be the cause of turning the wine into vinegar. What do they do at restaurants in Manila? I haven't a clue. I know the local (to me) places I frequent do re-cork the wines and do store them in a cool place overnight.

whatever the reason, wines with leaking corks are very visible to the naked eye and should not be served - or better there should be someone checking the wines on the shelves to weed out the defective bottles. Come to think of it, that wine did not leak on the resto shelf. It had to be leaking already when it was first put there on display. Now that's ignorance, callousness and plain insensitivity to put an already leaking bottle on the display shelves.

For personal use I keep an opened bottle for 4 days max but for a high-flying resto with a rep*tation to protect, it should be much less than that. i haven't a clue how the restos do it here. In our resto, I instruct the staff to keep the opened and recorked bottle for not more than 4 days - after that I get to bring home the bottle and finish it off myself :P But ours is not a swanky place and wine drinkers are infrequent so I get to drink a lot of excess wines. :wacko: :upside:

AWARD Senyorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  This thread has always been alive kaya :P  And I ain't fishing hah! :closedeyes:

Magandang idea yang WEB ala BYOB (Bring Your Own Bitbit quesejodang bote, bebot, bogchi or boylet yang B na yan! :lol:)!!!  If that pushes through I'll bring my almost-famous Prawns ala Lipstick! Or the equally almost-made-it Tuna ala Lips. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharapppppppppp sa Katre!  And Uno as well.  Geez, I suddenly miss Dondi my friend because the last time I was at UNO was with him :cry:  We used to always make it a point to discover all these little unassuming but yummy places together.  Morato has a whole lot of these lovely lil discoveries of a dining place. :)

Can I just say that I find NUVO such a pretentious bar to be in!  I cringe everytime we (meaning office friends) have to go there!  Euuuuwwwwwww!  Que dami daming kibitzers and mga wanna be seen there that it's just disgusting!  :grr: And it is true that their supposed sommelier is not a sommelier but a SOME-LIAR! :lol:    He doesn't even know his wines!  Lech!

Aga aga mainit na naman ulo ko.  :upside:

Who can forget Father Tropa and his spaceship 2000 pare??!?!?!  Hahahaha Every Sabado Morning palabas yan sa Channel 9!  Susmio, I remember tuning on purpose just to have some laughs! :lol:

:)  Thank you Mr. Agxo3! Drinking wine while canoodling is most fun.  ^_^

sige sige BYOB na!! :boo: We'd love to taste the concoctions of our dear almost-chef Lips...when when?? sushi platter dadalhin ko or whatever hehehe...

Katre was put up by chef Rox about 2 or 3 years ago. Rox is a UP grad who earned his chops being a chef in several 5-star hotels in the US, including Marriot. After being there for more than a decade he decided to pack up and bring home his family here, much to the chagrin of his daughter. He said there's nothing like home. The US hotels' loss is our gain here - he's a terrific albeit great guy. I used to supply wines to his resto hehehe and the first time we met he so graciously offered me beers and cigarettes while we were discussing business.

Like Rox, Mr. Relucio also owns his resto and his place is frequented by media and showbiz types but his cooking is real good. He's been there for a long time now. It's a bitch that his place is now dwarfed by two new buildings in the corner housing Ratsky's, CPK and Little Asia I think it is so parking there now is quite difficult. He also used to get wines from me hehehe....Vested interests aside, these places are really top-notch.

That would surely be the event of the year or perhaps the event of the thread!!! WEB + BYOB!!!! How are your prawns and tuna done?  post the recipe!

I havent been to Uno (albeit, I know a Pizzeria Uno in SFO which is famous for its deep pizza, hmmm sararp!) nor Katre as I hardly venture to Morato and Timog especially after thunderdome closed!!!(Pinoy, bisto tayo dito ah!!! :P )  Is Katre the medit-fusion in one of the side streets along morato?  If so, is it still open? The wifey (who is more adventurous in food with her girlfriends) was supposed to take me to a medit-fusion resto somewhere there but it was closed!!!  Uno, if i remember correctly serves a mean cheesecake right?!  A friend of mine gave me this cheesecake and he said that he bought it somewhere in Morato.  The typical me wont recall names and labels, kaya i dont have many name and numbers in my head!!! :evil: Please enlighten.. :wacko:

I am pretty surprise that you dont like Nuvo too!!! Well, obviously there is more to what meets the eye, I guess!  Take it easy, sistah!!!! you wouldn't want those fury lines there!!! :)

Katre used to be in that side street very near the Rotunda but it was such an icky location - ang katabi nya talyer tapos yung harapan nya mga beerhouse sa gabi :boo: that I guess they decided to move on down several streets up to a bigger and better place. I forgot the name - it's not a name-of-a-scout street, something like Dr. Lazcuna but it's also parallel to these scouts and intersecting Morato. And yes, it's Meditteranean fusion cuisine.

sige sige BYOB na!! :boo: We'd love to taste the concoctions of our dear almost-chef Lips...when when?? sushi platter dadalhin ko or whatever hehehe...

Katre was put up by chef Rox about 2 or 3 years ago. Rox is a UP grad who earned his chops being a chef in several 5-star hotels in the US, including Marriot. After being there for more than a decade he decided to pack up and bring home his family here, much to the chagrin of his daughter. He said there's nothing like home. The US hotels' loss is our gain here - he's a terrific albeit great guy. I used to supply wines to his resto hehehe and the first time we met he so graciously offered me beers and cigarettes while we were discussing business.

Like Rox, Mr. Relucio also owns his resto and his place is frequented by media and showbiz types but his cooking is real good. He's been there for a long time now. It's a bitch that his place is now dwarfed by two new buildings in the corner housing Ratsky's, CPK and Little Asia I think it is so parking there now is quite difficult. He also used to get wines from me hehehe....Vested interests aside, these places are really top-notch.

before Renato de Villa could say it, ako na muna "Teka! Teka! Bods. BYOB is self-cooked, right folks?!!! kasi if we allow you to bring a sushi platter, we might as well have your chef prepare all the food :lol: :lol: :lol: this will be part of the agenda for the meeting!!!! B) ;)

boy, i really envy those guys!!! i like to cook but i'm afraid that if i make it a business, the passion will wear off!! besides.. i am not business savvy. i can run a company and take care of its financials but remember it's OPM!!! (Other People's Money)

before Renato de Villa could say it, ako na muna "Teka! Teka! Bods.  BYOB is self-cooked, right folks?!!!  kasi if we allow you to bring a sushi platter, we might as well have your chef prepare all the food :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  this will be part of the agenda for the meeting!!!! B)  ;)

boy, i really envy those guys!!! i like to cook but i'm afraid that if i make it a business, the passion will wear off!! besides.. i am not business savvy.  i can run a company and take care of its financials but remember it's OPM!!! (Other People's Money)

I think the chefs' passion is in sharing their creation with the world out there and that I think is a very noble idea. The business end will take care of itself ;)

I dunno how to cook and if I do bring my own cooking I'm sure it will ruin everyone's evening :P

I think the chefs' passion is in sharing their creation with the world out there and that I think is a very noble idea. The business end will take care of itself ;)

I dunno how to cook and if I do bring my own cooking I'm sure it will ruin everyone's evening :P

pare.. kung passion lang siguro dami tayo nyan!!! when i cook, i am driven.. things simply flow naturally, my taste buds are active and my mind and sense of taste are computing!!!!

kaya lang when it comes to personal finance.. i let the wife handle it... i stink in that area!!!

LZM Restaurant.  It's right across the gates leading to Riviera according to my friends.  D ko pa nasubukan but this place comes highly recommended!!!

I think I know the place but if I'm not mistaken it's not across the road from Riviera but also on the same side as Riviera.

pare.. kung passion lang siguro dami tayo nyan!!! when i cook, i am driven.. things simply  flow naturally, my taste buds are active and my mind and sense of taste are computing!!!!

kaya lang when it comes to personal finance.. i let the wife handle it... i stink in that area!!!

hehe then the wifey is also in on our little business-cum-racket :P