The same is true for winemakers - it is easy to crush some grapes, add some yeast and allow nature to take its course. But that makes winemaking is an art are the choices that are made at each step of the way, from the grapse that are chosen from the harvest, to the techniques used in vification, to the choices of the barrels - all is NOT obvious, but certainly ALL contribute to the tsate and experience of the wine.

Those nut cases would most likely try to duplicate a Rubicon by picking grapes of substantially the same "quality" (how do you judge that anyway?) to the yeast that is used and barrels. But I would dare say that they would end up "wine by the numbers", or as one friend puts it - "better living through chemistry!".

very true!

I used to see these how-to books that included How to Make Wine, or Winemaking Made Easy.

I always knew these were dubious, because I don't see how you can, as you say, make wine by the numbers. Wala namang recipe actually in making wine.

I suspect your doctor was a cowboy in his former life. He used the shotgun approach on you. Acid reflux, ok. I'm no doctor, but you can use some sort of scientific method. Eliminate the variables one at a time until you come to the exact culprit. Here then is the order with which you eliminate the variables - number one being the first thing you would avoid, number two the second, and so on...

1. Spicy food

2. Tomato

3. Oily foods

4. Coffee

5. Tea

6. Carbonated drinks

7. Wine

Pare I'm sure before you reach number seven tanggal na yang ubo mo and therefore we shall continue on our merry EB's!

cheers!!!

Natanggal na pre kaya I'm reintroducing them 1 by 1 but in moderation. O ano eb na?

will this include free tickets to Hongkong, pare?

good luck on your show!

Para sa kin lang daw pre. :(

Thanks pare!

Chateau Los Boldos, Premium Series, Grand Reserve Cabernet Sauignon 2007, rich ripe flavors.

George de Beouf 2006 Cotes du Rhone, a Vin de Pays, rich fruit of ripe berries, vanilla, well rounded tannins which seem to make themselves felt at the right moment.

I'm not a wine drinker, but the one wine i can never forget is Joseph Phelps, Cabernet Sauvignon 2004. The taste was so perfect. Price wise, it wasn't too bad either. Unfortunately, I've been looking at wine bars and wine shops but cannot find this tasty stuff. :( Any suggestions guys?

am selling some btls of joseph phelps please let me know if you'l be interested

I'm not a wine drinker, but the one wine i can never forget is Joseph Phelps, Cabernet Sauvignon 2004. The taste was so perfect. Price wise, it wasn't too bad either. Unfortunately, I've been looking at wine bars and wine shops but cannot find this tasty stuff. :( Any suggestions guys?

If I'm not mistaken, Joseph Phelps is distributed here by Happy Living, whose office you can find along Vito Cruz Extension, Makati....

good for you, pare. You can never put a good thing (wine) down for long hehehe...

Pare bumalik acid reflux ko. :(

Back to medication but no more complete avoidance of the "don't" list.

May turntable na nga pala ako. Opted to buy a cheap one first (Yamaha P220). Kinabit ko sa Yamaha Home Theater system ko muna.

Edited by storm
Pare bumalik acid reflux ko. :(

Back to medication but no more complete avoidance of the "don't" list.

May turntable na nga pala ako. Opted to buy a cheap one first (Yamaha P220). Kinabit ko sa Yamaha Home Theater system ko muna.

hmmm....so kelan tayo magpapatugtog dyan sa inyo hehehe

sorry to hear that pare. I hope you finally get rid of that darned acid reflux...

Hi wine experts,

Would like to get your opinion here.....

I am hosting dinner at home for some 60-70 family and friends. Menu is steak, chicken and fish. Before buying wines to go with it, I would like to ask for your inputs as to what red and white wines to buy.

I intend to buy 10 bottles REDS and 10 bottles WHITES. My budget is P300/bottle. Can you recommend which red and white wine to buy? and which liquor store sells them?

Thanks in advance folks.

Just got back from a week-long slog in Singapore. While tramping around Funan IT Mall when I could 'escape' from meetings, I found this bistro at the second floor called Cafe Amigo. They had a nice wine cellar and picked-up a few botts of my old reliable Brunello. But I also found this:

I also went there Aug 27 to buy a DSLR camera at Funan and saw that resto/wine shop Cafe Amigo.

.... they have a great selection of wines .... if its' not in the cellar, they offered to get your choice of wine within a week's time

..... we had dinner and were able to sample their Clarendon Hills and Gaja Sperss .... also ended up buying a set of 4 Reidel glasses (sommelier class)

They're having an australian wine tasting and dinner event sometime this week!

Hi wine experts,

I am hosting dinner at home for some 60-70 family and friends. Menu is steak, chicken and fish. Before buying wines to go with it, I would like to ask for your inputs as to what red and white wines to buy.

I intend to buy 10 bottles REDS and 10 bottles WHITES. My budget is P300/bottle. Can you recommend which red and white wine to buy? and which liquor store sells them?

Thanks in advance folks.

Hi wine experts,

Thanks in advance folks.

Are you sure that all your guests will be drinking? If not I would suggest you cut down the number of bottles by half by double your budget per botte.

With P500 to P600 in hand, you have at your disposal a fairly good bottle of wine. Go to Wine Depot or Santis they could help you out with your selection. You can even sample their wine for the week.

You may also try to ask the sales staff at Wine Depot if they would have some wine labels within your original budget. I think you'll find a label within that price range.

Edited by masi
Hi wine experts,

Thanks in advance folks.

you may want to look at Carlo Rossi's gallon bottles, they both have red and white