nor should one "indulge " on the numerous carlo rossi and novellino wines given to us last christmas. every time i unwrapped one, i always think " now, what would the wine-savvy men say?" :lol: i'll use them to unclog my kitchen sinks instead. :lol: :lol:

good afternoon to all!

That would be a great disservice to your kitchen sink :thumbsdownsmiley:

cheers, winos!

hi guys! newbie here!

just starting off my collection and my current favorites are BIN555 Shiraz and Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet. I forgot the other two, the names are foreign sounding. I'll check my stash later. basically, i don't buy into the below P300 price range, as well as the above P1,000 range.

hope to read more recommendations!

hi guys! newbie here!

just starting off my collection and my current favorites are BIN555 Shiraz and Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet. I forgot the other two, the names are foreign sounding. I'll check my stash later. basically, i don't buy into the below P300 price range, as well as the above P1,000 range.

hope to read more recommendations!

Buy the Casillero del Diablo by Concha y Torro. The Cab and Merlot 2007 is labelled as a Historic Vintage by the winery. Why? I don't know, but I've had a few bottles of 2007 Cab Sauv and Merlot and I can tell you that it has body and flavor even for a VERY YOUNG VINTAGE. It would keep for 2 to 4 years if stored properly.

I personally would buy a few more bottles for my personal collection.

The best part, it's only P475! Available at Unimart wine shop, Arellanos.

Here are some reviews on their lables: http://banficp.mustanginternet.com/reviews...ews.php?wID=134

Buy the Casillero del Diablo by Concha y Torro. The Cab and Merlot 2007 is labelled as a Historic Vintage by the winery. Why? I don't know, but I've had a few bottles of 2007 Cab Sauv and Merlot and I can tell you that it has body and flavor even for a VERY YOUNG VINTAGE. It would keep for 2 to 4 years if stored properly.

Here are some reviews on their lables: http://banficp.mustanginternet.com/reviews...ews.php?wID=134

now that you mention it, yes it was a Casillero del Diablo too which I bought for some get-together almost two weeks back. Forgot where I bought it - definitely not Unimart, perhaps Rustan's, but anyway yes - for a wine at that price point it satisfies quite well. Body is full and mouthfeel is wonderfully present.

Hey guys - do you know where I can get some goat cheese, or goat milk hehehehe....what's goat cheese called, by the way? I know pecorino is sheep cheese, or is it?

sige pareng storm, call ako dyan sa hamon mong EB hehehe....

now that would be very interest EXCEPT that, and i speak for the regulars of this thread:

we're not SINGLES (unless we pretend to be)! [then, i'll have to get my wife's permission first!]

we're over 30years old (kahit waistline, over 30 na rin!!!) siguro number ng bahay pwede pang below 30!

Tama ka jan bro! Pero below 20 number ng bahay natin so di pa rin pwede. Hehehe.

now that would be very interest EXCEPT that, and i speak for the regulars of this thread:

we're not SINGLES (unless we pretend to be)! [then, i'll have to get my wife's permission first!]

we're over 30years old (kahit waistline, over 30 na rin!!!) siguro number ng bahay pwede pang below 30!

hehehe korek si pareng masi dyan....

btw, have you tasted the pinot noir of Casillero del Diablo? Just bought one today....

hehehe korek si pareng masi dyan....

btw, have you tasted the pinot noir of Casillero del Diablo? Just bought one today....

Yes, I have and if I recall correctly, I had it at Cyrano's with Lipstick and Storm -- some years back!

One thing with Pinot, it has to be exceptional to make worthwhile.

With Casillero, I stick the Merlot and Cab since I've been after body, lately.

Edited by masi
Yes, I have and if I recall correctly, I had it at Cyrano's with Lipstick and Storm -- some years back!

One thing with Pinot, it has to be exceptional to make worthwhile.

With Casillero, I stick the Merlot and Cab since I've been after body, lately.

Cyrano's? bakit parang hindi yata ako nakasama dun? hehehe

Anyway, before anybody misinterprets your last sentence, I too prefer a wine that grips and has body. No time for wimpy wines here. The Casillero pinot I'm afraid is not one of those exceptional pinots. Perhaps the Chileans really don't have good pinot noir grapes there.

Cyrano's? bakit parang hindi yata ako nakasama dun? hehehe

Anyway, before anybody misinterprets your last sentence, I too prefer a wine that grips and has body. No time for wimpy wines here. The Casillero pinot I'm afraid is not one of those exceptional pinots. Perhaps the Chileans really don't have good pinot noir grapes there.

pare ko, you know very well that you're my sensei when it come to wines.

i am sure that you had your good reason/s for not able to make it that time especially if the wino mortals and wine savvy muse, lipstick would be there.

if i remember it correctly, the casillero pinot was a good one (you may want to back read several hundred posts back -- it had all the complexity, flirtatious and seductive traits of a pinot. i am using such words to prepare for VALENTINE'S!

of course, there will always be better pinots.

Edited by masi

Thank you sir! I will try your recommendation once I get hold of that bottle... :thumbsupsmiley:

hello everyone. i recently was able to taste an italian wine called badia a passignano which i liked. can anyone explain what a chianti is?

When I get bogged down by technicalities of wine and its appreciation, I run to .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chianti

I've tried the da Vinci Chianti Riserva (hope I spelled it right).

My rule of thumb is that Italian wines go very will red sauce pasta and processed meat like proscuitto.

May I suggest other Italian wine areas like Brunello and Barolo. They're worth a try.

Edited by masi
hello everyone. i recently was able to taste an italian wine called badia a passignano which i liked. can anyone explain what a chianti is?

Chianti is a wine from the Chianti region in Tuscany (northern Italy).

It's made mostly from Sangiovese grapes, with Canaiolo and Malvasia Bianca grapes. It's a fairly easy to drink wine. There are several grades, from the regular (and inexpensive) table wine versions, to the higher end "Superiore" ones.

Hope this simple explanation helps. I'm sure Agxo would be more be able to give a better one.

pare ko, you know very well that you're my sensei when it come to wines.

i am sure that you had your good reason/s for not able to make it that time especially if the wino mortals and wine savvy muse, lipstick would be there.

if i remember it correctly, the casillero pinot was a good one (you may want to back read several hundred posts back -- it had all the complexity, flirtatious and seductive traits of a pinot. i am using such words to prepare for VALENTINE'S!

of course, there will always be better pinots.

hahaha now what is a sensei? But it doesn't sound so risque coming from you, pare..

yeah I sure missed that EB - can't recall exactly why, as even wild horses will not be able to pull me away from your company, especially if our rare and reluctant muse was there hmmmm....

So how was your Hearts' day? Anything in the seductive and flirtatious category hehehe....

hahaha now what is a sensei? But it doesn't sound so risque coming from you, pare..

yeah I sure missed that EB - can't recall exactly why, as even wild horses will not be able to pull me away from your company, especially if our rare and reluctant muse was there hmmmm....

So how was your Hearts' day? Anything in the seductive and flirtatious category hehehe....

sensei is Japanese word for "master" or "teacher"!

nothing much happened, no new corks on V-Day. i deliberately avoided anything flirtatious and seductive as i was drinking the whole week being my Japanese partner was in town! had to rest the kidneys and liver!

we need to get together someday. missed the stories, the wines and the company!

Edited by masi
now that you mention it, yes it was a Casillero del Diablo too which I bought for some get-together almost two weeks back. Forgot where I bought it - definitely not Unimart, perhaps Rustan's, but anyway yes - for a wine at that price point it satisfies quite well. Body is full and mouthfeel is wonderfully present.

Hey guys - do you know where I can get some goat cheese, or goat milk hehehehe....what's goat cheese called, by the way? I know pecorino is sheep cheese, or is it?

sige pareng storm, call ako dyan sa hamon mong EB hehehe....

pareng bods, di ba feta cheese ang goat's cheese? i had the opportunity to try it, the executive chef of one of the hotels in Manila was unwinding in the hotel bar where liberty and i were enjoying our own martinis. the chef and i had a conversation on wines, martinis and other liquor. he was buying liberty and i another round but we were wasted. when we got to our room, after signing the bill, the front office called us asking us if we would accept a night cap from the executive chef, which of course we accepted. a full platter of various cheese, fresh and dried fruits came together with 2 glasses of red wine.

feta cheese like lamb or goat meat has that characteristic smell and taste!

ayun in the morning i had a hang over due to a toxic mix of gin, fruits, and wine!!!!!

Edited by masi