How egregious!  :sick:

:lol:  Vino Kulafu!  Yeah baby!  k*ll 'em! hahahahahaha.

I'm chinita but won't pass for sexy sandra oh. :lol:  And well Virginia Madsen is in a class of her own! Hehe.  Guess I'll have to stay in town. :(

Where's my award? :rolleyes:

actually, I melt in the presence of a chinita, especially if she's got O as her middle name..

would getting sloshed with an intense shiraz at 30,000ft be acceptable as an award to you? :rolleyes:

I wanna taste na those lip-smacking, lush, voluptuous, sinewy, sinuous reds at Barcino :boo:

For a minute back there I thought I was in the wrong thread and you were describing someone's lips :rolleyes:

:lol:

actually, I melt in the presence of a chinita, especially if she's got O as her middle name..

would getting sloshed with an intense shiraz at 30,000ft be acceptable as an award to you? :rolleyes:

Haha sorry Watson, no cigar! :lol: I've got an O somewhere in my surname but am afraid not as my middle name. Damn! hahahaha.

Wow sloshed, intense ... shiraz! Those words really go well together in a sentence! Haha. 30K feet ... you mean get sloshed 30K feet apart? :lol:

ok pare is it Barcino or the Fort or somewhere else or JUly 7 or 8? :blink:

I wanna taste na those lip-smacking, lush, voluptuous, sinewy, sinuous reds at Barcino :boo:

...and that jamon jabugo that gets liquid in your fingers...

7 or 8? as far as wine savvy is concerned our eb is the 7th di ba? dun sa ibang thread 8th ang eb...

well, we could go to both... :wacko:

so 7th is barcino... :) around 630... and we'll start with the spanish shiraz... then we go old world... is spurt here?

8th let lipstick decide on that thread where we'll meet :hypocritesmiley:

now, that is fine and dandy... :thumbsupsmiley:

not a good idea to get drunk and wasted at 30k ft... air is too dry and the lackof oxygen makes your joints and muscles very tight... been there done that when i used to be fancy free working for asia's oldest airline.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

getting drunk and loose is best at sea level better yet chasing each other by the seashore... :hypocritesmiley:

Me decide????? Why me????? :blink:

Mr. Masi, asia's oldest airline.... CX? :lol: Or oldest as in low tech... PAL? If you used to work for PAL then you might know my father in law. He was the station manager in Syd for the longest time. Oh plus we have several family friends too who were with PAL, those who got stationed in Bangkok during the time we lived there.

Me decide????? Why me????? :blink:

Mr. Masi, asia's oldest airline.... CX? :lol:  Or oldest as in low tech... PAL?  If you used to work for PAL then you might know my father in law.  He was the station manager in Syd for the longest time.  Oh plus we have several family friends too who were with PAL, those who got stationed in Bangkok during the time we lived there.

PAL... yup...worked there from 1983 to 1989... with international relations and marketing...

sorry bods OT...

PAL served a champagne on its FC, (frills of working for the airline) i just forgot the name.... not a Dom P.

I drank 3 flutes just before taking off.. then drank another 3 for dinner...(this was maybe in 85 or 86) by the time i got to bkk, i was wasted. i had to fly to frankfurt pa!!!!! so i was practically sleeping the whole flight from bkk to fra. PAL had the sky beds pa then.

this is not the end of the stories of my drunken stupors in at 39k feet... :wacko:

Why is Dom Perrignon pricey these days?

My wife and I planned to give a bottle of Dom to relative who will be celebrating his 70th birthday in July. SIN and MNL duty free didnt have it on stock last april so we went to Rustan's. It was selling for P8000+ per bottle. I remember getting it at MNL and DFS HKG for $100 to $125 about 1 1/2 years ago. What caused it's price to shoot up?

My wife and I planned to give a bottle of Dom to relative who will be  celebrating his 70th birthday in July.  SIN and MNL duty free didnt have it on stock last april so we went to Rustan's.  It was  selling for P8000+ per bottle.  I remember getting it at MNL and DFS HKG for  $100 to $125 about 1 1/2 years ago.  What caused it's price to shoot up?

Errr inflation? :lol: How about Gloria Mac? :lol:

The other brand you were trying to think of ... is it Moet et Chandon?

For a minute back there I thought I was in the wrong thread and you were describing someone's lips :rolleyes:

:lol:

Haha sorry Watson, no cigar! :lol:  I've got an O somewhere in my surname but am afraid not as my middle name. Damn! hahahaha.

Wow sloshed, intense ... shiraz!  Those words really go well together in a sentence! Haha.  30K feet ... you mean get sloshed 30K feet apart? :lol:

it could have gone either way, you know :P

the anatomy of a wine was what I was describing - not the anatomy of a wino hehehe...

any location w0uld do - anywhere in your name - or getting sloshed anywhere... :P

7 or 8?  as far as wine savvy is concerned our eb is the 7th  di ba?  dun sa ibang thread 8th ang eb...

well, we could go to both... :wacko:

so 7th is barcino...  :) around 630...  and we'll start with the spanish shiraz... then we go old world...  is spurt here?

8th let lipstick decide on that thread where we'll meet :hypocritesmiley:

now, that is fine and dandy... :thumbsupsmiley:

hehehe pare I thought we'd be moving the WEB to the 8th para we hit two birds with one stone on the same day :P

I can't go to both, but being the wino that I am, I'm more inclined to be there on the 7th na lang.

I'll be there 7pm - give or take a few sips :cool:

spurt should be here - I'll get in touch with him, pare.

pare Old World na nga yung Spanish eh...after the Spanish, we go New World - if spurt doesn't have any with him, I buy na lang sa Wine Depot. Besides we still have that SeaRidge na pwedeng pang-mumog :thumbsupsmiley:

what a mishap with the bottles!!!! is it a foretelling of better days?  i hope it is otherwise you have to get a bottle form their personal cellar!!!

how i envy your location!!!! right smack in the middle of U.S. wine country... there couldnt be a better way unless you own your vineyard.. maybe that time bods and i would be on the first plane to visit you and be your apprentices...

a road trip to wine country! :boo:

parang SIDEWAYS!

then who should we take along as Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen :rolleyes:

Yup - another wine road trip! What misery! :lol:

It's nice being so central to all these wine regios - Napa and Sonoma to the north, Livermore to the east, Amador County further east, Santa Cruz Mountains to the south, Paso Robles and Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez Valley further south. Nothing more than 4 hours away. It truly is heaven!

I've been looking around for a vineyard I can afford to buy - I just missed on a small plot (just 4 acres) last year, but keep on hoping and looking around. Maybe one day I'll find something! Then I'll be truly and old wino!

Do we have volunteers for the Sandra/Virginia roles? :P

But seriously, folks - if you're ever in the area, let me and Eagleeyes know. He's closer to the Napa area than I am, but I'm close to Livermore and points south. Either way, we can arrange a full weekend (or even more perhaps) of wine bliss. I have MY list of lesser-know but very good wineries, and I'm sure he has HIS list.

what would be the best way to remove a wine stain on a white shirt?  :unsure:

Scissors?? :lol: :upside: :lol:

I presume that's red wine, right? Has the shirt been washed yet? If it has, then you're SOL. :( Sorry. If not - start with white wine. Soak it to loosen the stain, scrub a bit, rinse with more white wine. If you don't want to use white wine (and I can see why!), then you might want to try alocohol - not rubbing alcohol since that has water in it, but something without a substantial mount of water. If there's anything lest, then rub salt into the wet stain and let is dry. When you brush off the salt the rest of the stain should come out with it.

Hope this works for you! It works for almost all wine stains.

My wife and I planned to give a bottle of Dom to relative who will be  celebrating his 70th birthday in July.  SIN and MNL duty free didnt have it on stock last april so we went to Rustan's.  It was  selling for P8000+ per bottle.  I remember getting it at MNL and DFS HKG for  $100 to $125 about 1 1/2 years ago.  What caused it's price to shoot up?

There's apparently a shortage of a LOT of alcoholic beverages lately. Champagne is one, single malt scotches are another.

Also, the Euro has gone up in value about 10% over the past year, so everything European is that much mroe expensive in places that are tied to the dollar. PHP8000 is about US$145, so that's relatively close. Here, at Costco, it's just over $100, I think (or is it $90? - haven't checked lately).

Yup - another wine road trip! What misery!  :lol:

It's nice being so central to all these wine regios - Napa and Sonoma to the north, Livermore to the east, Amador County further east, Santa Cruz Mountains to the south, Paso Robles and Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez Valley further south. Nothing more than 4 hours away. It truly is heaven!

I've been looking around for a vineyard I can afford to buy - I just missed on a small plot (just 4 acres) last year, but keep on hoping and looking around. Maybe one day I'll find something! Then I'll be truly and old wino!

Do we have volunteers for the Sandra/Virginia roles?  :P

But seriously, folks - if you're ever in the area, let me and Eagleeyes know. He's closer to the Napa area than I am, but I'm close to Livermore and points south. Either way, we can arrange a full weekend (or even more perhaps) of wine bliss. I have MY list of lesser-know but very good wineries, and I'm sure he has HIS list.

pare that's some food for thought - I do hope to one day pay those vineyards a visit..

hey that's good! I wish you could really have a vineyard you could call your own someday...

No volunteers yet for the S/V roles :P

Scissors??  :lol:  :upside:  :lol:

I presume that's red wine, right? Has the shirt been washed yet? If it has, then you're SOL.  :(  Sorry. If not - start with white wine. Soak it to loosen the stain, scrub a bit, rinse with more white wine. If you don't want to use white wine (and I can see why!), then you might want to try alocohol - not rubbing alcohol since that has water in it, but something without a substantial mount of water. If there's anything lest, then rub salt into the wet stain and let is dry. When you brush off the salt the rest of the stain should come out with it.

Hope this works for you! It works for almost all wine stains.

thanks a lot!

never imagined white wine and salt would do the trick - I'll try it pare. Thanks!

it could have gone either way, you know :P

the anatomy of a wine was what I was describing - not the anatomy of a wino hehehe...

any location w0uld do - anywhere in your name - or getting sloshed anywhere... :P

I know anoh that you were describing the anatomy of a wine :P

The Os in my maiden surname appear as the 2nd and last letters. My married surname has 3 Os! Oh oh oh, that's a whole lotta Os .... 2nd, 4th and last. :lol:

hehehe pare I thought we'd be moving the WEB to the 8th para we hit two birds with one stone on the same day :P

I can't go to both, but being the wino that I am, I'm more inclined to be there on the 7th na lang.

I'll be there 7pm - give or take a few sips :cool:

spurt should be here - I'll get in touch with him, pare.

pare Old World na nga yung Spanish eh...after the Spanish, we go New World - if spurt doesn't have any with him, I buy na lang sa Wine Depot. Besides we still have that SeaRidge na pwedeng pang-mumog :thumbsupsmiley:

Haha Bods & Masi, cute ninyo. Hehe. Dadalawa na nga lang kayo di pa kayo magka ayusan sa date. :lol:

what would be the best way to remove a wine stain on a white shirt?  :unsure:

I once spilled shiraz on a khaki skirt. Baking Soda does the trick. I've tried baby powder and it helps but baking soda is the most effective by far. There were light stains that were left which went away with 2-3 washings of that skirt.

I know anoh that you were describing the anatomy of a wine :P

The Os in my maiden surname appear as the 2nd and last letters.  My married surname has 3 Os!  Oh oh oh, that's a whole lotta Os .... 2nd, 4th and last. :lol:

aha!

so I hit it on the (G)-spot :P

Your multi-O names sure are a wonder, and you seem to have become more explosive with age and change of status - like some good shiraz that we adore. :blush:

er have you had any luck in hunting down that fugitive, Jim Barry aka The Armagh aka Mcrae Wood? :D

Haha Bods & Masi, cute ninyo.  Hehe.  Dadalawa na nga lang kayo di pa kayo magka ayusan sa date. :lol: 

I once spilled shiraz on a khaki skirt.  Baking Soda does the trick.  I've tried baby powder and it helps but baking soda is the most effective by far.  There were light stains that were left which went away with 2-3 washings of that skirt.

hehehehe....

that's why our EB's are a ROUSING success! With meticulous planning and no-leaving-any-stone-unturned gung-ho attitude, the attendance grows by leaps and bounds! Attendance at the last EB jumped up 50% (from 2 to 3 winos), if my math is correct :boo:

as it was, if you were there the last EB, it could have been an AROUSING success :boo:

thanks too for the baking soda tip....I can now spill wine everyday on my shirts and not worry about it :D :*

There's apparently a shortage of a LOT of alcoholic beverages lately. Champagne is one, single malt scotches are another.

Also, the Euro has gone up in value about 10% over the past year, so everything European is that much mroe expensive in places that are tied to the dollar. PHP8000 is about US$145, so that's relatively close. Here, at Costco, it's just over $100, I think (or is it $90? - haven't checked lately).

Now, I see the reason for it. I remember a few years back, it was so easy to pick it up at duty free shops.

Thanks for the info...