Back To The 70's

OK na OK ako sa DVD exchange na din!

Bro, pa burn naman ng GREAT ESCAPE.

Storm--can you burrn me a copy na din ng Magnificent 7 please?

Tagal ko na hanap niyan. I just called up several Astrovision branches and wala na daw silang stock.

I'll check what I have in my cabinet.

Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

===================================

meron na nyang THE MAGNIFICENT 7 sa Metrowalk. Just saw it yesterday. Also HOW THE WEST WAS WON and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. Nabili ko yung Once Upon a Time in the West pero yung How The West Was Won hindi dahil double disc.

I was just there yesterday but I did not see it.

Saan doon pre?

Please tell me wehre and babalikan ko ngayon since I'm very near Metrowalk.

THanks!

meron na nyang THE MAGNIFICENT 7 sa Metrowalk. Just saw it yesterday. Also HOW THE WEST WAS WON and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. Nabili ko yung Once Upon a Time in the West pero yung How The West Was Won hindi dahil double disc.
I was just there yesterday but I did not see it.

Saan doon pre?

Please tell me wehre and babalikan ko ngayon since I'm very near Metrowalk.

THanks!

Can't remember exactly where pero bandang gitna siya. Yung MAGNIFICENT 7 matagal ko nang nakikita pero yung dalawa first time ko nakita that day. Good luck pare. Or you can ask for those titles in any of the stalls. Usually ikukuha ka nun sa iba kung wala sila...

Friend help naman

Based on the sitcom ISKUL BUKOL

1. Who portrayed the role of the DAD of the Escalera Brothers?

2. Who portrayed the role of the LANDLADY of the Escalera Brothers?

* Tito Escalera (Tito Sotto) - One half of the Escalera brothers, who plots harebrained schemes in every episode.

* Joey Escalera (Joey De Leon) - The other Escalera sibling. Miss Tapia has a crush on him.

* Vic Ungasis (Vic Sotto) - the good-looking and smart teacher's pet with a chick-magnet personality. The Escaleras often pick on him during class.

* Miss Tapia (Mely Tagasa) - Wanbol University's resident professor who often gets on the Escalera brothers' nerves.

* Mang Temi (Bing Angeles) - the dark-complexioned operator of the university's cafeteria. His name is a play on the Filipino word "itim" (black or dark), rearranged the 70's Filipino way, "Tim-i" or "Tem-i," in the same manner as words in the vernacular are rearranged. Example: bath = ligo = go-li.

* Tonette Macho (Anthony Roquel) - the gay student who plays as bestfriend of the fairest girl in class. He is also the nemesis of the Escalera Brothers.

* Inang (Dely Atay-Atayan) - Vic's mother from the town of Tiaong, Quezon. Famous for her term of endearment "Bunsooyy!" whenever addressing Vic. The root word "bunso" is Tagalog for youngest child.

* Joey Anson (Joey Albert) - a student whom Vic likes.

* Redford White (Redford) - Mang Temi's houseboy

* Jimmy Santos (Big J)

Mga kapatid :

Latest DVD jackpot discoveries ko sa MCS ngayon lang :

1) The Great Train Robbery (Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, directed by the late Michael Crichton)

2) Heaven Can Wait (Warren Beatty version)

3) Soylent Green (classic Charlton Heston sci-fi, featuring Edward G. Robinson's last role)

4) The San Pebbles (Steve McQueen, a young Candice Bergen and Mako in his most memorable role)

Mga kapatid :

Latest DVD jackpot discoveries ko sa MCS ngayon lang :

1) The Great Train Robbery (Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, directed by the late Michael Crichton)

2) Heaven Can Wait (Warren Beatty version)

3) Soylent Green (classic Charlton Heston sci-fi, featuring Edward G. Robinson's last role)

4) The San Pebbles (Steve McQueen, a young Candice Bergen and Mako in his most memorable role)

wow!

The Sand Pebbles and Soylent Green?!

Been looking for them for a long time...makapunta nga...thanks for the tip, bro!

Had a reunion with my high school buddies in Pasig the other night, together with our batchmates from that all-girl school (pareng magaling, I think you might be familiar with this school hehehe).

During the course of the activities, my classmate whispered to me na mukhang mas malaki itinanda nung mga girls kesa amin :boo:

well mukha nga but they're still quite attractive hehehe....

cheers!

wow!

The Sand Pebbles and Soylent Green?!

Been looking for them for a long time...makapunta nga...thanks for the tip, bro!

Had a reunion with my high school buddies in Pasig the other night, together with our batchmates from that all-girl school (pareng magaling, I think you might be familiar with this school hehehe).

During the course of the activities, my classmate whispered to me na mukhang mas malaki itinanda nung mga girls kesa amin :boo:

cheers!

Pareng Bods, akala lang daw natin iyon. Pero ganun din ang tingin ko sa mga classmates kong girls. :lol:

Dami kong nabiling LPs kay Manny, about 40 pieces yata.

One of the icons of the 70s, actually, late 70s Didith Reyes passed away........per accounts, nakita siya sa bahay ng friend niya nakahandusay. There are marks in her body na parang ginulpi. Sabi ng mga nakakakilala sa kanya, super hirap daw sa buhay, walang bahay, battered woman, a former drug addict. Her last job was being a beautician.

Kabibili ko lang ng genuine DVD ng Deliverance s Astro Vision Robinson's Ermita. 350 bucks.

Ngayon ko lang napanuod in its entirety, sa RPN 9 ko lang napapanuod dati at understandably madaming cuts.

Yesterday watched my copy of Sand Pebbles. Galing pa rin nung climactic scene. No special effects. No loud explosions. Nothing but dark, suspenseful silence.

After this papanuorin ko naman yung Krakatoa: East of Java. Next yung Custer's Last Stand. All movies I watched in either New Frontier or Nation sa Cubao.

Pareng Bods, akala lang daw natin iyon. Pero ganun din ang tingin ko sa mga classmates kong girls. :lol:

Kapag December talaga, that's the time for reunions and batch Christmas parties! We just had ours last Saturday too. OO nga, yung ibang mga crush namin dati, ngayon ______ (can't think of a politically correct word to use). But in fairness, meron din naman yung mga dati hindi namin napapansin and then it turned out, tipong gumanda pala nung college and until now.

Pero tama si Pareng Storm. The girls say the same thing about us. Yung ibang mga kaklase ko na pa-poging nung araw, ngayon kalbo na at malalaki na ang tiyan! Hahaha :rolleyes:

@Bods: Tatlong pangalan lang ang kukumustahin ko sa iyo. Jocel Castro, Malou Tanangco, saka Che-che Serrano. :upside: BTW, do you play golf? Does anyone here? Kung wala naman tayong eb with the 70s group this December, since tiga Pasig ka naman, maybe we can have a round in either Aguinaldo or Valley? O kahit driving range na lang?

Edited by Magaling
Kapag December talaga, that's the time for reunions and batch Christmas parties! We just had ours last Saturday too. OO nga, yung ibang mga crush namin dati, ngayon ______ (can't think of a politically correct word to use). But in fairness, meron din naman yung mga dati hindi namin napapansin and then it turned out, tipong gumanda pala nung college and until now.

Pero tama si Pareng Storm. The girls say the same thing about us. Yung ibang mga kaklase ko na pa-poging nung araw, ngayon kalbo na at malalaki na ang tiyan! Hahaha :rolleyes:

@Bods: Tatlong pangalan lang ang kukumustahin ko sa iyo. Jocel Castro, Malou Tanangco, saka Che-che Serrano. :upside: BTW, do you play golf? Does anyone here? Kung wala naman tayong eb with the 70s group this December, since tiga Pasig ka naman, maybe we can have a round in either Aguinaldo or Valley? O kahit driving range na lang?

hmm am not familiar with the names - anung batch ba sila pare? and I assume those are their maiden names hehehe. Batch 76 kami, pare ooops buking ang edad hahaha....pero I will ask around, ok. Some of the girls really did not age gracefully (I hope that's politically correct) but some of them still have curves, albeit a bit wider, but still curvy just the same. One of them has remained single, one of them does not work as I guess she married into a rich family - lives in Wack Wack. One's a dentist, another an OB- gyne, etc. Our hostess (wow such a 70s term) married a popular Pasig councilor and lives well. She was the prettiest in that batch. Masaya din. Though I really didn't remember most of them....

Pare pag nag-golf kayo sama din ako kahit hindi ako naglalaro. I will wait for you at the clubhouse while nursing a cold glass or two of beer :thumbsupsmiley: pards taga Marikina ako but Valley is quite near us....

cheers!

Magaling:

Yup! I play golf bro. Haven't played in a while due to my schedule but I'd like to go for a round soon. Matter of act, I just bought myself a new set of clubs but I have not used yet.

Aguinaldo is fine with me. Ok din Intramuros. Let me know when you want to go for 18 holes and I'll join you.

I started to play golf when I was 10 years old- in the early 70s.

Back then, Philippine golf ( like basketball ) was tops in Asia. The big names then were Ben Arda, Rudy Labares, Boy Legaspi, Paterno Braza and a few more. Frankie Minoza was just starting out then. For the amateur golfers, Tommy Manotoc was always a contender.

The 70's for the Philippines was a pretty good decade for sports. I remember the following:

1. Eugene Torre

2. Paeng Nepomuceno

3. Bong Coo

4. Ben Arda

5. Ben Villaflor

6. Dante Silverio

7. Pocholo Ramirez

8. Ral Rosario

BTW, do you play golf? Does anyone here? Kung wala naman tayong eb with the 70s group this December, since tiga Pasig ka naman, maybe we can have a round in either Aguinaldo or Valley? O kahit driving range na lang?