Back To The 70's

yes i remembered thats the girl. so does anyone have a copy of the "sinta" soundtrack?

have you seen it? dont you agree its too way ahead of its time? the downside, though, is "sinta" is a direct translation of the musical "fantasticks".

The ingenue's name was CATHY MELENDRES(Z). She is currently one of the singers in a 70's band .. I forgot the name.

add 'dog day afternoon'

Some of the most influential movies came out of the 70s.

JAWS - it made everyone think twice about going to the beach and gave people the awareness of what sharks can do

STAR WARS - it changed the way science fiction and special effects are presented..forever.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER - immortalized the disco era on film

THE GODFATHER (Parts 1 & 2) - changed the way mob movies were made..forever

THE FRENCH CONNECTION - changed the way car chase scenes were made..forever

SUPERMAN - you never saw a comic book superhero this way before and immortalized the late Christopher Reeve

THE EXORCIST - you never saw a demon at its worst before Father Merrin... and a 360 degree head twisting too

Some of the most influential movies came out of the 70s.

JAWS - it made everyone think twice about going to the beach and gave people the awareness of what sharks can do

STAR WARS - it changed the way science fiction and special effects are presented..forever.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER - immortalized the disco era on film

THE GODFATHER (Parts 1 & 2) - changed the way mob movies were made..forever

THE FRENCH CONNECTION - changed the way car chase scenes were made..forever

SUPERMAN - you never saw a comic book superhero this way before and immortalized the late Christopher Reeve

THE EXORCIST - you never saw a demon at its worst before Father Merrin... and a 360 degree head twisting too

add ko na rin ang ROCKY (1976) - the movie about an underdog named Rocky Balboa who 'went the distance' with the Heavyweight Champion of the World Apollo Creed. Sly Stallone was also the underdog in terms of movie writing scripts, no major Hollywood studios wanted to do the movie except for Paramount and initially they had a differnet actor in mind to play Rocky but Sylvester Stallone inssisted on playing the part. The movie went on to become Best Picture with Best Director award to John G. Avildsen along with a Best Actor nomination for Sylvester Stallone. The movie immortalized Sylvester Stallone and it's the start of a six series of 'Rocky' movies.

add ko na rin ang ROCKY (1976) - the movie about an underdog named Rocky Balboa who 'went the distance' with the Heavyweight Champion of the World Apollo Creed. Sly Stallone was also the underdog in terms of movie writing scripts, no major Hollywood studios wanted to do the movie except for Paramount and initially they had a differnet actor in mind to play Rocky but Sylvester Stallone inssisted on playing the part. The movie went on to become Best Picture with Best Director award to John G. Avildsen along with a Best Actor nomination for Sylvester Stallone. The movie immortalized Sylvester Stallone and it's the start of a six series of 'Rocky' movies.

altho avildsen did not made another rock movie after that first one. avildsen did made 3 karate kid movies.

malabo ako sa lunch eb, altho tignan ko kung makatakas ako ditow...

erferferf

altho avildsen did not made another rock movie after that first one. avildsen did made 3 karate kid movies.

malabo ako sa lunch eb, altho tignan ko kung makatakas ako ditow...

erferferf

yes that is correct...John G. Avildsen made the Karate Kid movies with Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio after Rocky....eventually Avildsen directed 'Rocky V' which roots back to Rocky's humble beginnings as well as Sly Stallone's humble pie beginnings. Although the film 'Rocky Balboa' (the 6th) was made by Sly more on nostalgia as well as the upcoming 'John Rambo' in '08

speaking of Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio....the late Pat Morita came to prominence in the 1970s tv series 'Happy Days' while Ralph Macchio was discovered as a movie star potential in the 1970s 'Eight Is Not Enough'

speaking of 'Happy Days'....Henry Wrinkler as the Fonz was popular and he was even compared with John Travolta's Vinnie Barbarino in 'Welcome Back, Kotter'...both shows in the mid 70s...of course John Travolta became more popular than Henry Wrinkler later on in films like 'Saturday Night Fever' and 'Grease'. Henry Wrinkler took bit parts in the movies such as Adam Sandler's 'CLICK' recently while Travolta got the commanding starring roles in major films.

speaking of 'Welcome Back, Kotter'...Gabe Kaplan (Mr. Kotter) competed with the captain of NBC, Robert Conrad in 'Battle of the Network Stars' ...remember that ? Robert Conrad was so active in those years...after his best remembered role in 'wild wild west' he starred as pappy boyington in 'baa baa black sheep' also in the 70s. Robert Conrad was critical of the Will Smith's film 'wild wild west'.....Robert Conrad guested in Jeanne Young's Spin-A-Win and Joe Quirino's Seeing Stars with JQ

taena, stock knowledge ko lahat yan walang research research, batang 70s yata to !

Slide... :cool: My most memorable..... Ibong Adarna... Peter Pan...for Pinoi... mga first crushes; idol-worship (sa mga lead players) our first experiences in harmless flirting.... ;)

Remember the Jail booth / Marriage Booth / Dedication Booth at the AGS Feast of the Guardian Angels yearly fair ??? ....

Ano nga ba yung before Joseph ?

Buti ka pa naka abot ka sa harmless flirting, ako harmless ka-torpehan hehehe

Sadly no contact was ever maintained with those Maryknollers.

Oh yeah, the jail booth....bibili ka pa ng 'chips' para may pang gastos ka, tapos the highlight of the fair was yung Octopus ride! Tapos yung horroro booth dun parati sa papasok ng Prep?

My most memorable movies of the 70's,

sergio leon's spagetti westerns. for a fist full of dollars, a few dollars more and the good, the bad and the ugly. these films made clint eastwood the legend that he is. he was the first western movie lead to ever draw and shoot first.

also "once upon a time in the west", this sergio leon film was memorable because of henry fonda's portrayal of the man in black. he was totally evil.

Dirty Harry, clint eastwood's dirty harry calahan with his trusty .44 magnum was the ultimate hardass cop.

do you guys still remember the blaxploitation movies? jim kelly as the black samurai, shaft, and pam grier? was pam grier cleopatra jones?

or those charlton heston sci fi classics? planet of the apes? soilent green? and the Omega Man? will smith's upcoming "I am legend" is a remake of omega man, which was also a remake of a 1967 film staring Vincent Price, "the last man on earth".

Some other memorables and lines from the movie:

Enter The Dragon. "Boards don't fight back."

Taxi Driver. "You talking to me?"

Deer Hunter. "Mao! "

Christmas song for the 70s people:

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me

12 Dirty Dozen...

11 O'Clock News...

10 Dance Ten...

9 Clubhouse Nine...

8 Is Enough...

7 Penthouse Seven...

6 Million Dollar (Man :blush: )...

5 Voltes Five!!!

4 The Boys,

3's Company,

2 For The Road and a

1 Way Ticket To The Blues....

***Ok, Ok, yung Dance Ten didn't come out 'til the 80s...just trying to humor you guys. Hehehe Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Magaling

12 Dirty Dozen...

11 O'Clock News...

10 Dance Ten...

9 Clubhouse Nine...

8 Is Enough...

7 Penthouse Seven...

5 Voltes Five!!!

4 The Boys,

3's Company,

2 For The Road and a

***Ok, Ok, yung Dance Ten didn't come out 'til the 80s...just trying to humor you guys. Hehehe Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

hahaha Magaling ka talaga !

I was wondering where we could include James at 15?

Heheh!

12 Dirty Dozen...

11 O'Clock News...

10 Dance Ten...

9 Clubhouse Nine...

8 Is Enough...

7 Penthouse Seven...

5 Voltes Five!!!

4 The Boys,

3's Company,

2 For The Road and a

yes that is correct...John G. Avildsen made the Karate Kid movies with Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio after Rocky....eventually Avildsen directed 'Rocky V' which roots back to Rocky's humble beginnings as well as Sly Stallone's humble pie beginnings. Although the film 'Rocky Balboa' (the 6th) was made by Sly more on nostalgia as well as the upcoming 'John Rambo' in '08

speaking of Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio....the late Pat Morita came to prominence in the 1970s tv series 'Happy Days' while Ralph Macchio was discovered as a movie star potential in the 1970s 'Eight Is Not Enough'

speaking of 'Happy Days'....Henry Wrinkler as the Fonz was popular and he was even compared with John Travolta's Vinnie Barbarino in 'Welcome Back, Kotter'...both shows in the mid 70s...of course John Travolta became more popular than Henry Wrinkler later on in films like 'Saturday Night Fever' and 'Grease'. Henry Wrinkler took bit parts in the movies such as Adam Sandler's 'CLICK' recently while Travolta got the commanding starring roles in major films.

speaking of 'Welcome Back, Kotter'...Gabe Kaplan (Mr. Kotter) competed with the captain of NBC, Robert Conrad in 'Battle of the Network Stars' ...remember that ? Robert Conrad was so active in those years...after his best remembered role in 'wild wild west' he starred as pappy boyington in 'baa baa black sheep' also in the 70s. Robert Conrad was critical of the Will Smith's film 'wild wild west'.....Robert Conrad guested in Jeanne Young's Spin-A-Win and Joe Quirino's Seeing Stars with JQ

taena, stock knowledge ko lahat yan walang research research, batang 70s yata to !

henry winkler gave up acting and started producing films and tv series. I believe he was one of the producers of the highly successful 'Macguyver' of the 80's. His mate, ron howard, also gave up acting and is now a successful director.

sergio leon's spagetti westerns. for a fist full of dollars, a few dollars more and the good, the bad and the ugly. these films made clint eastwood the legend that he is. he was the first western movie lead to ever draw and shoot first.

also "once upon a time in the west", this sergio leon film was memorable because of henry fonda's portrayal of the man in black. he was totally evil.

Dirty Harry, clint eastwood's dirty harry calahan with his trusty .44 magnum was the ultimate hardass cop.

do you guys still remember the blaxploitation movies? jim kelly as the black samurai, shaft, and pam grier? was pam grier cleopatra jones?

or those charlton heston sci fi classics? planet of the apes? soilent green? and the Omega Man? will smith's upcoming "I am legend" is a remake of omega man, which was also a remake of a 1967 film staring Vincent Price, "the last man on earth".

trivia question noon: what was the local version of "planet of the apes" starring FPJ?

answer: "daigdig ng mga api"!

hehehe

bro:

Kamusta na?

I was just at the video store the other day and got myself a copy of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Did not not pass it up as I seldom see these old movies for sale.

Just for the enjoyment of it all-- here is a youtube clip on the them and the opening credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIelcG0r3s...feature=related

bro:

Kamusta na?

I was just at the video store the other day and got myself a copy of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Did not not pass it up as I seldom see these old movies for sale.

Just for the enjoyment of it all-- here is a youtube clip on the them and the opening credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIelcG0r3s...feature=related

pare! long time no see! sayang yesterday walang available para makapag cd\dvd exchange.

mukhang mapupunta ako ng quiapo ulit mamaya to look for old movies. i'm currently looking for "in the realm of the senses" by nagisai oshima. if you guys see a copy, don't pass it up. why don't we set an old movies eb sometime?

pare! long time no see! sayang yesterday walang available para makapag cd\dvd exchange.

mukhang mapupunta ako ng quiapo ulit mamaya to look for old movies. i'm currently looking for "in the realm of the senses" by nagisai oshima. if you guys see a copy, don't pass it up. why don't we set an old movies eb sometime?

Napanood ko yang "in the realm of the senses" dati. Kakaiba rin. Iyan ba yung pinutulan ng etits yung kelot na ponjaps sa ending? :huh:

Napanood ko yang "in the realm of the senses" dati. Kakaiba rin. Iyan ba yung pinutulan ng etits yung kelot na ponjaps sa ending? :huh:

yup! thats the one. the movie was done as a protest against film censorship. it pushed the bounderies of moralists perspective in cinema. nagisai oshima purposely shot an x rated film and showed that sex, when pushed to the limit, can be disgusting. i first saw this film in a script writing seminar in ricky lee's place. i think scorpio nights was based on this movie.

it was a story of a bored wife who had a couple of days of decadent, obscene, sex with their boarder, searching for the ultimate orgasm. it even showed them dipping sushi in the woman's menstration. in the end, while the woman was riding the guy, she strangled him during orgasm and carved out his penis.

i remember this movie was shown during the manila international film fest. it was said that there was already a long quie for tickets two hours before they started selling. and the audience was leaving barfing within 30 mins. only half of the audience managed to finish the film.

balita ko, may lumabas na director's cut sa dvd a couple of years back. i'm still looking pare for a copy.