Back To The 70's

Rock legend ERIC CLAPTON was guest on LARRY KING LIVE at CNN yesterday to promote his first ever Autobiography. The tv face-off was a very rare opportunity for Clapton fans to gain a deep insight on the life and times of music icon whose contribution to rock, jazz, r & b span 4 decades and still going strong to this day and age.

post-22965-1193011223.jpg

Hi Magaling!

Thanks too! The Clapton lost Jams did not come from me. It was from Gadalej.

The Wired album was the one I handed over to you.

Cheers!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Pre! I got it all mixed up. :blush:

@Gadalej: I shall look forward to the list of song titles. Thanks again. :thumbsupsmiley:

yup! kelan nga? i just stocked up 70's concert dvds to give away on the next cd exchange.

ive got cream farewell concert, george harrison and friends concert for bangladesh, neil young heart of gold movie, the doors live in europe, the guess who reunion concert running thru canada, doobie brothers live at wolf trap, niel young in berlin, and toto greatest hits live.

cd exchange na!

ive got cream farewell concert, george harrison and friends concert for bangladesh, neil young heart of gold movie, the doors live in europe, the guess who reunion concert running thru canada, doobie brothers live at wolf trap, niel young in berlin, and toto greatest hits live.

cd exchange na!

mero din pla crosby, still & nash acoustic concert

Plenty of new additions on the 4shared site

Chicago

Fleetwood Mac

Bob Welch

Kiss

Black Sabbath

Paul McCartney and Wings

Exile

Rupert Holmes

Carly Simon

Doobie Brothers

John Lennon

The Police

Journey

Captain and Tenille

America

Gino Vannelli

Andrew Gold

Crosby Stills and Nash

Atlanta Rhythm Section

Roberta Flack

The Spinners

Friends of Distinction

Major Harris

Billy Paul

Billy Joel

Daryl Hall & John Oates

George Benson

Bachman Turner Overdrive

Bay City Rollers

Jeff Beck

Manfred Mann

Mungo Jerry

Grand Funk Railroad

Eric Clapton

Janis Joplin

Guess Who

and a whole lot more

I highly recommend using either iTunes or Quick Time Player (Windows XP or Vista version) which you can download for free on www.apple.com

Edited by hitman531ph

I watched " Boogie Nights" (Mark Walhberg; Julianne Moore; Burt Reynolds etc.) a movie set in the 70's (79 to be exact) on cable last Saturday >> the fashion; music and sensibilities are very 70's. Its really amusing to watch the 70's era. What other (recent) period movies set-in-the-seventies do you remember?.. Another good one is the movie about the Hustler publisher, Larry Flynt - i forgot the title.

I watched " Boogie Nights" (Mark Walhberg; Julianne Moore; Burt Reynolds etc.) a movie set in the 70's (79 to be exact) on cable last Saturday >> the fashion; music and sensibilities are very 70's. Its really amusing to watch the 70's era. What other (recent) period movies set-in-the-seventies do you remember?.. Another good one is the movie about the Hustler publisher, Larry Flynt - i forgot the title.

The People vs. Larry Flynt, dealing with a libel case filed by Moral Majority leader Jim Falwell against Flynt (Flynt's defense: he is protected by the free speech amendment of the US constitution).

cd exchange na!

where is the best place to but concert dvd?

Another bunch of songs added.

BJ Thomas, Isley Brothers, Paul Nicholas, Alan O'Day, KC and the Sunshine Band, John Lennon, Hall & Oates, Billy Joel, Little River Band, The Manhattans, Player, Wild Cherry, Peter Frampton, Mungo Jerry, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Free, Steely Dan

I also have an 80s site. Simply change the number on the web address.

hi augustmoon!

the uncut version of Boogie Nights have a lot of steamy scenes which presumably did not make it to that HBO screening. I saw it on laser disc in the 90s and the movie really heats up the screen.

Now for movies set in the 70s there's a movie called 54, released in 1998 and which starred Ryan Phillipe (ex-Reese Witherspoon), Salma Hayek, Neve Campbell, Mike Myers, etc. It's set in, where else, Studio 54. Great soundtrack there...I still have a cassette tape of that 70s disco-filled soundtrack..

Thanks Blow Gobi for naming the movie. One of the most memorable scene in the movie i remember well is when Larry Flynt who was up on stage was juxtaposed with an American Flag flying at the back..

Hi Bods..now you got me interested on 54..you think there are DVD's available ? I am sure the songs featured in the OST will make you get down and boogie..Alaxan or no Alaxan :-) Thanks for the info.

Edited by augustmoon
Thanks Blow Gobi for naming the movie. One of the most memorable scene in the movie i remember well is when Larry Flynt who was up on stage was juxtaposed with an American Flag flying at the back..

Hi Bods..now you got me interested on 54..you think there are DVD's available ? I am sure the songs featured in the OST will make you get down and boogie..Alaxan or no Alaxan :-) Thanks for the info.

Parang wala nga akong nakikita nito, but I'll let you know pag meron...

the soundtrack is a killer....includes Keep on Dancin' by Gary's Gang, Dance Dance Dance by Chic, LOve Machine by Miracles, Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton, Native New Yorker, Please Don't LEt me be Misunderstood by Sta Esmeralda, Heart of Glass, Fly Robin Fly and many more...But my favorite there is Jocelyn Enriquez's version of If You Could Read My Mind..

I guess the CD of the soundtrack would be available..

Parang wala nga akong nakikita nito, but I'll let you know pag meron...

the soundtrack is a killer....includes Keep on Dancin' by Gary's Gang, Dance Dance Dance by Chic, LOve Machine by Miracles, Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton, Native New Yorker, Please Don't LEt me be Misunderstood by Sta Esmeralda, Heart of Glass, Fly Robin Fly and many more...But my favorite there is Jocelyn Enriquez's version of If You Could Read My Mind..

I guess the CD of the soundtrack would be available..

Yes. The soundtrack is available in two volumes. You can buy each CD separately. I have both CDs.

Bods, I was in O Music video and I was so pleasantly surprised to see almost all of Steely Dan CDs available (sa Odyssey daw meron din) ...needless to say pinakyaw ko hehe, I got Katy Lied, Cant Buy a Thrill, Aja (matagal ko ng pinapangarap!), The Royal Scam, at meron din silang Gaucho at Pretzel Logic...I already had those so d ko na binili.....so hehe kumpleto na yata ako ng lahat ng Steely Dan, yahoo!

Re the Bullitt DVD, let me know brod when is our next EB.....sad to say d ko pa nabibili yung DVD...but madali lang kasi I have people coming in and out of hkg so madali lang magpabilin brod..

Augustmoon, long time no hear !