Back To The 70's

PROPOSED DATE OF EB: OCTIOBER 10 2007

EB THEME : CD EXCHANGE FAIR ( I'm sure there's a better name for it but I'm hungry no so I can't

think of any )

DAY : WEDNESDAY

VENUE : GALLERIA ( for the moment, I propose Yoshinoya. We can change it later on )

TIME : 11:45AM

ATTIRE : Vidal Sasson or Sergio Valente jeans, Fila or Jimmy Connors T Shirts ( striped, of course),

Stan Smith or Puma Clyde sneakers.

Paki Cut and paste na lang on who can go...

Attendees:

1. 16 track

2. Magaling (not sure with the attire but I'll see what I can do. Hehe)

3. storm (70s attire ko up to now - levi's 501 jeans, puma or adidas sneakers, lacoste classic shirt) Hehe

4. Photographer - kinakabahan ako sa attire hahaha. double knit ba bell bottom? Converse sneakers, may kwintas na peace sign? Hippie getup?

I'll bring with me Jeff Beck's landmark album-- WIRED, Neil Young's AFTER THE GOLD RUSH, Various Artists- 7-'s ROCK COMPILATION and a 70's Swing Compilation.

Will try to bring more...

Also got a copy of HOT ROCKS from the Rolling Stones din!

Edited by 16track

Just to remind all those going to the CD exchange tomorrow:

ROBINSON'S GALLERIA

YOSHINOYA

11:45AM

For those we have not met before, we'll put the CDs on top of the table --for Identification purposes. Just feel free to approach the table.

Thanks!

MY APOLOGIES TOO TO ALL THOSE WHO HAD SENT PMS BEFORE -- You see, I was never able to open any PMs sent to me as something was wrong with my IE. It was only a few days ago when I started using Mozilla that I was able to see the PMs.

Some messages were sent months ago.... My apologies !

Edited by 16track
sorry dehins ako mkagetup ng jeprox. kasta lang koaks from fiso tol.

i'll try to bring also rust never sleeps by niel young.

sorry, i cant find the rest never sleeps and bs&t albums. im burning clapton, commodores, marvin gaye and tower of power. i'm making three copies each.

as for the getup, i found my dad's old barong made by the once famous pepito pendor.

Many thanks to bods, storm, magaling and gadalej for gracing the CD exchange yesterday.

Sorry lang as I had to leave right after lunch as a problem in my office turned up.

As for the music, I had a great time last night as I totally soaked up the vibes in CDs given me. I hope the others get enjoyment as well with the ones I handed in return!

May utang ako kay Storm na Frampton CD. Soon bro!

Thanks!

I totally agree with 16track. It was great to finally meet you guys in person. As for the cds, I enjoyed storm's mixes of 7th Avenue and courtesy of 16track, EC's Lost Jams though some cuts were unfamiliar, at least to me. I would like to give special mention to the copy of Jeff Beck's Wired album from galadej. Considering that it's been decades since those notes last hit my ears, for most of the cuts, it took me a while before I could recognize the tunes and then go "oo nga pala!" and then memories from my 1st/2nd year hs jeproks days started kicking in. Hahaha! By the time I got home after listening to Jeff Beck in the car, parang ang haba na ulit ng buhok ko! Hahaha! :thumbsupsmiley:

I'll open it for uploads.

Please be sure there's no virus on the uploads. Thanks.

I downloaded "Fool in the Rain". Tagal ko na rin hinahanap yan. Thanks man! Hope someone could upload a copy of "Wally's Blues"? Geez, hope to come across whole albums. For downloading or future cd trades. Led Zep's In Through The Backdoor, The Song Remains the Same (was it 4?) albums, Juan dela Cruz Band (Himig Natin, Rock and Roll sa Ulan, Laklakan, etc.) Awit at Tula ni Florante (Sepulturero, Pinay, etc), Maria Cafra (help me out it's been so long I know the songs but can't freakin remember the freakin titles!).... :blush:

Maraming Salamat din kay Hitman for the links!

I downloaded Gerry Rafferty's Baket Street, AL Stewart's Time Passages and Jackson Browne's Running On Empty.

Magaling:

Bro, I have Juan Dela Cruz and Maria Cafra Cds.

Will burn you a copy for the next exchange.

Thanks!

I totally agree with 16track. It was great to finally meet you guys in person. As for the cds, I enjoyed storm's mixes of 7th Avenue and courtesy of 16track, EC's Lost Jams though some cuts were unfamiliar, at least to me. I would like to give special mention to the copy of Jeff Beck's Wired album from galadej. Considering that it's been decades since those notes last hit my ears, for most of the cuts, it took me a while before I could recognize the tunes and then go "oo nga pala!" and then memories from my 1st/2nd year hs jeproks days started kicking in. Hahaha! By the time I got home after listening to Jeff Beck in the car, parang ang haba na ulit ng buhok ko! Hahaha! :thumbsupsmiley:

I downloaded "Fool in the Rain". Tagal ko na rin hinahanap yan. Thanks man! Hope someone could upload a copy of "Wally's Blues"? Geez, hope to come across whole albums. For downloading or future cd trades. Led Zep's In Through The Backdoor, The Song Remains the Same (was it 4?) albums, Juan dela Cruz Band (Himig Natin, Rock and Roll sa Ulan, Laklakan, etc.) Awit at Tula ni Florante (Sepulturero, Pinay, etc), Maria Cafra (help me out it's been so long I know the songs but can't freakin remember the freakin titles!).... :blush:

thanks storm, 16track, magaling and gadalej for the wonderful time yesterday! I sure had a blast, more so nung narining ko na din finally yung mga CDs na nakuha ko. The Circus Band CD was just awesome - parang being in a time warp nung pinakikinggan ko. 16t thanks a lot! Storm, gadalej and magaling may utang ako sa inyo. Till next time!

mga repapips. dun sa mga pinagusapan natin during the cd exchange, may pagasa papala. ok yung mga eb sa makati thread. pwedeng pwede. may kinabukasan pa dito sa mtc, we just have to look at the right places.

and thanks for the cds. i haven't listened to any of the cds yet. im planning on listening to all of it this weekend. and the wired album was courtesy of 16track. ikaw pala nakakuha nun, pre.

next week omakase tayo. sabihin lang daw taga mtc ka dun sa cashier ok na.

walang discount, pero nakapagpasikat ka lang.