Back To The 70's

From another thread here in MTC. Galing ng English

"Mga friend....last friday i pass this place, plan to visit but the problem is the parking space is not available, one standby person said i can park sa gasoline station area, so i just proceed to the place guide by one of young guy ( i think he's from gasoline station), after park he ask me if i could left my car key, but i refuse so i just back to my car and go. My question is, the parking is save ba?????? thank you po"

Ung Stay-in parties kasi may curfew. Naging popular noon ang mga MP dahil sa Curfew rin.

Also ung mga "singit" sa pelikula. :rolleyes:

It was not MP but Metrocom headed by General Prospero Olivas. The general is best remembered for holding the gun that killed Aquino on national TV without even bothering to protect the finger print evidence.

The following is a letter found at a certain bar in

Manila and has been preserved in its original, unedited form.

Enjoy reading and you may try direct translation in Tagalog.

Pls read with feelings...

===========================================

To Marjie,

I am not surprise or wander why Dennis leave you.

Why?

What reason you can think about but you're very fat body. I thought before that Dennis only use me to his toy but sooner and later I'm realize that he really can't not beared or stomached to be with you anymore because at first,Dennis say he could not stand you're habit of making pakialam all his walks [lakad] and always calling to their house what he go home or this or that and then he say he get ashame to met iether in school or in his family and then asking you to exercise you're very very ,very fat body but you hate it thoughth your the most preetiest girls he knows about what do you think you are "Beautiful Girl " of Jose Marie Chan even you are beautiful face to your think. you do not have the right to called me whatsoever or else different name one time or the other for the real purposed to insults my personality because I'm never call you names iether in the front of Dennis or in the backs of Dennis, but if you start already to calling me different name, I don't have any other choice but to call you other different name to like you are a PIG, FAT, OBESSED, OVERWIGHT, AND UGLY SHAPE girl.

Shame to you're body that is to a BUDING. You can't not blame Dennis for exchanging you to me because I am the more sexier than you when you look to us in the mirror. I'm repeat again that you are like Ike Lozada when she is a girl.

P.S. You say that I'm the bad breathe but who is Dennis want to kissed. Me or you? You or me? And the final is me.

There you go.

that is so funny!

If I where her the girl (the fat girl) I will tell the sexy girl (to whom the Dennis ussurpd from me to just go to the hell and back to the purgatory were her sexy fuggure will not match the fire and flames from the oven of satan himself! The bitch. you are no good than my femele dog who is also a bithc!

Makikigulo lang po ang isang hamak na 80s kid na pinanganak nung 70s. ^_^

Saturday Night Fever was shown in HBO just recently and it was a blast to watch it with my kids.
Bought the double album of SNF in Shoe Expo. Don't know kung buo. Wala pa kong turntable.

I love the movie and the soundtrack!

I won't mind giving you CD copies of the soundtrack if you want.

Wala pa pre. Wala pang datung pambili. I just bought a new plasma and blu ray player.
pare ang dami nang TV sa bahay nyo - what we need for a good celebration is a workable TT. Sige na, pare - naka ready na ang mga plaka kong dadalhin ko dyan hehehe

Can I invite myself if I'll bring a working turntable? Hehehe.... :lol:

I had so much fun reading augustmoon's and storm's posts. I was about to enter grade school when the 70s gave way to the 80s but I grew up spending weekends at Good Earth Emporium (loved their chicken liver spaghetti - and that's one of the reasons why I love chicken liver up until now), watching movies at Escolta, buying shoes at ShoeMart Carriedo and clothes at Arcega's. I remember throwing tantrums at Alemars when my mom refused to buy me those one peso Nancy Drew books.

I remember celebrations at Max's Scout Tuazon and we used to eat a lot at the Kentucky Fried Chicken at Bonanza (we lived near that place during that time). They used to serve their food in steel oval plates and my baby brother would cry every time he'd hear those clinking and screeching knife sounds. And yes, I grew up on Klim, Chocolait, Daisy milk in tetra paks, Serg's chocolates and my favorite, Horlicks (bakit wala na dito pero meron sa Singapore?).

I'm still a sucker for those 70s songs with beautiful lyrics and melodies. ^_^