Back To The 70's

Nice trivia you got there.

For LPs, I buy the old ones just for the jacket. Wala pa rin akong tun table. hehehe.

I have an upcoming show on May 30 with Noni Alvarado at Galerie Hans Brumann in Greenbelt 5. Magkita-kita tayo sa opening at 6pm onwards.

i'll be there. galeng mo talaga repapips!

dun na tayo mag eb/cd exchange. dami ko na dvds for share.

For LPs, I buy the old ones just for the jacket. Wala pa rin akong tun table. hehehe.

I have an upcoming show on May 30 with Noni Alvarado at Galerie Hans Brumann in Greenbelt 5. Magkita-kita tayo sa opening at 6pm onwards.

i'll be there. galeng mo talaga repapips!

dun na tayo mag eb/cd exchange. dami ko na dvds for share.

hope you have a successful show :thumbsupsmiley:

wishing you the best!

The lead vocalist in SEAWIND is Filipina-American PAULINE WILSON. Seawind's better-known songs were "Still in Love" and "Follow your Road".

They had a concert in 1980 81 (?) at PICC and then again more recently at the Araneta Coliseum.

Watched their concert at the PICC Plenary Hall back then sunod sunod ang jazz artists that would come to MNL. Seawind, Ronnie Laws, Tom Scott, Bob James, David Benoit, Ramsey Lewis, Manhattan Transfer...many more....man those were the days...siempre pag may concert d pwede walang "date" haha

Ngayon sus mariosep...Lettermen, Dave Clark 5, The Platters, The Cascades....

Last concert I saw was Linkin Park....3 songs into the concert someone lit up a joint and man that brought back memories! HHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFTTTTTTT

Just bought a DVD of Led Zep 1973 concert. Can't wait to watch it! Anyone here with a DVD or VCD of The Song Remains the Same movie? I remember seeing it Maxim on Recto back in 1977 (or was it 1978). Whole theater smelled of dope and the pathways were lined with Corex bottles! Those were the days.

meron ako for exchange. dala ka rin lang ng cd for exchange.

sa opening ba ng exhibit ni storm may eb/cd exchange tayo?

r.i.p. @52 - dante david aka howlin' dave (dzrj)

Yup, just got an email from a friend confiring this. All of us 70's people will surely miss the former host of Pinoy Rock and Rhythm. Anybody knows how he left our planet? Howlin'g Dave, Bob Magoo, Red Rooster, and the rest of the RJ jocks were part of an unforgettable era that saw the best of Pinoy rock bands (Aunt Irma, Pterified Anthem, Mother Earth, Anakbayan, Juan de la Cruz, to name a few). It was also an era of great music (RJFM had the best rock/jazz playlist) that has remained unmatched by today's radio crap. Rest in peace. We'll miss your voice and music!

Yup, just got an email from a friend confiring this. All of us 70's people will surely miss the former host of Pinoy Rock and Rhythm. Anybody knows how he left our planet? Howlin'g Dave, Bob Magoo, Red Rooster, and the rest of the RJ jocks were part of an unforgettable era that saw the best of Pinoy rock bands (Aunt Irma, Pterified Anthem, Mother Earth, Anakbayan, Juan de la Cruz, to name a few). It was also an era of great music (RJFM had the best rock/jazz playlist) that has remained unmatched by today's radio crap. Rest in peace. We'll miss your voice and music!

yeah bro. the golden era of pinoy rocknroll, keep on truckin'!

dante, you're up there with skydog, hendrix, jimM JL janis vanzant atbp :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by tabouki
Langhiya 30k plus ang tuition ng anak ko sa UP.

Noong panahon namin nina Bods, SBM and iba pang Peyups, below 300 pesos ang tuition namin. Now it's more than 100 times more. Mabuti pang gasolina, mga 15 times more lang.

Right, first sem 1979, 18 units with 2 labs 221 pesos lang. Student meal 5 pesos sa Student Union sa UPLB! How times have changed. BLTB bus from Pasay to Los Banos 4.50 pesos.

May tanong lang po ako. Ngayon po may internet para makakakita ng mga pang-"adult" na mga bagay. Noong panahon nyo po, saan po kayo nakakakuha ng mga ganon? Saka mahirap po bang makakuha ng mga ito?

Sa Quiapo at Avenida. :thumbsupsmiley: Marami rin sa Angeles at Olongapo. Hindi mahirap basta may pambili. You can easily rent Betamax or VHS sa mga video rental shops.