Back To The 70's

Buhay na buhay ang thread kahit patay na si Marlon Brando. Hindi ko rin napanood yung Last Tango in Paris.

san ka ba galing, storm?

two of brando's lines:

"i could've been a contender..." - on the waterfront

"i will give him an offer he cannot refuse"... - the godfather

as a tribute to brando, i will look for last tango in paris and watch him and maria schneider do it...

san ka ba galing, storm?

Sa Batangas bro. Nag-ikot lang. Medyo konti trabaho ngayon. :rolleyes:

Mapapagastos pa ko kasi mukhang me bibiling lupa roon yung misis ko at yung sister nya. Bakasyunan daw.

The last movie of Brando that I had seen was (putik, I forgot the title) the one with Robert de Niro and Edward Norton.

Sa Batangas bro. Nag-ikot lang. Medyo konti trabaho ngayon. :rolleyes:

The last movie of Brando that I had seen was (putik, I forgot the title) the one with Robert de Niro and Edward Norton.

ahhh...sarap naman, pa-ikot ikot ka lang. used to go often sa maya-maya in nasugbu. great drive up the mountain from wawa-wawa pier. dati nong dirt road pa, i almost got stuck. ngayon ata, concrete na all the way to the end.

that movie was about a robbert, di ba? forgot the title too, pero quite recent lang.

We went to Punta Fuego. Ganda lugar bro. Parang Ayala Alabang by the sea. Planning to buy a piece of land kaya lang grabeng mahal. Ayaw pumayag sa mahabang terms. Buti pa nung 70s. Wala pang P 200/sq.meter sa Greenhills. Hay naku kailan kaya ako magkakaroon ng property near the sea?

Next week kapag magandang panahon, mag-ikot naman ako sa North.

Next week kapag magandang panahon, mag-ikot naman ako sa North.

may i recommend the ff:

pagudpud, ilocos norte - great drive (check mo yung post go sa travelling as a passion)

sagada - you will be literally and figuratively "very high" lol!!!

batanes - yes, it's not a drive, but it's the best destination in rp. para siyang scottish highlands

Nakita ko yung Scent of a Woman Thread.

Well favorite kong scent of a woman nung 70s are the following:

YSL Rive Gauche

Lauren by RL

Miss Dior

Tatiana

Paco Rabanne

Aliage by Estee Lauder

mga scents natin in the 70s:

jovan musk oil

brut

mennen after shave

bill blass

geoffrey beene

para sa buhok

tancho tique

vitalis

mikado

3 flowers

para sa katawan

amco jeans

nicholas stoodley

faded glory

bang-bang

nik-nik

collectiones

Ang galing ng ads ng mennen lalo na yung ponjaps na mala-samurai. Grabe hampas sa mukha ng mennen tapos gising na bigla.

Yung tancho and 3 flowers ay 60s pa. Pero me gamit pa rin ang 3 flowers --- ginagawang grasa sa probinsya, parang WD40.

Nung 70s nauso yung mga tennis shirts kaya sikat yung Fred Perry ( paboritong T-shirt ni Makoy pang golf), Grand Slam (penguin logo), Fila (pinasikat ni Bjorn Borg), Sergio Tacchini, Ellese, Lacoste, Lotto (bigote ni John Newcombe ang logo), Jimmy Connors, Australian, Slazenger, etc.

Uso rin noong scent for men yung POLO green, Eau Sauvage ng Dior, Paco Rabanne, Pierre Cardin, Halston.

may i recommend the ff:

pagudpud, ilocos norte - great drive (check mo yung post go sa travelling as a passion)

sagada - you will be literally and figuratively "very high" lol!!!

batanes - yes, it's not a drive, but it's the best destination in rp. para siyang scottish highlands

Thanks for the tip bro.

Me nagyayaya sa akin sa Dingalan Bay, Quezon Province after ng Nueva Ecija.

Maganda raw ang view, mga 2 hours from Cabanatuan.

Marami kasi akong kamag-anak sa Nueva Ecija.

wherever you go pareng storm, drive slowly...este, safely pala! nasaan na ba si bods and jt. tagal ng missing in action...which reminds me of chuck norris (delta force series) and bruce lee movies tuloy (fists of fury, enter the dragon, game of death). i recall one chuck norris movie was filmed sa tm kalaw using the national library as the vietnamese capital bldg.

I remember Chuck Norris in The Way of the Dragon. Filmed in Rome.

In the 70s, we used to travel a lot. We've been to unusual places that were not popular destinations then. We'd been to Minalungao Caves in Gapan, Nueva Ecija. It was there that I had my first taste of "cave" climbing. It was scary because It was dark. But being a 13 year old then, I was so brave and reckless that I made it to the top unmindful of the danger that if I slipped or fell, I would never survived. I just kept on climbing, keeping in mind that I'm a boy scout.

When we went to Taal Batangas to attend a Fiesta, we passed by the Payapa road. The route was dangerous -- narrow, steep and winding with sharp curves. But it was compensated by a breathtaking view of the lake and mountains.

We went also to Pantabangan Dam, where we saw the entire town under water.

We went also to Boracay. It was very different then.

wherever you go pareng storm, drive slowly...este, safely pala! nasaan na ba si bods and jt. tagal ng missing in action...which reminds me of chuck norris (delta force series) and bruce lee movies tuloy (fists of fury, enter the dragon, game of death). i recall one chuck norris movie was filmed sa tm kalaw using the national library as the vietnamese capital bldg.

napanuod ko yang movie na yan... si subas herrero pa nga ang vietnamese president.

there's another movie that was filmed here in the philippines, with the national library as the presidential palace of indonesia's sukarno....YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY (1982) Mel Gibson, Sigourney Weaver, Bembol Roco and Kuh Ledesma. I've watched the shooting of the scene wherein a look-alike Sukarno took a glance outside his limousine, that scene was shot at the then-parking lot of robinson's mall in ermita. 1980s yun medyo off-topic ako :lol:

Edited by Anaheim

ok ka, pareng anaheim, bruce lee has obviously returned. ano na nga ba yung robinson's dati sa ermita? naaala ko tuloy yung my father's moustache and route 66 sa mh del pilar and cafe moviola sa adriatico, although the latter was built in the 80s ata.

some bars, discos and restos in the 70s

bacchus - located on araneta blvd, where bong penera was discovered

birds - timog corner morato, the place where the best jazz musicians were found

delirium - probably the first disco sa greenbelt, also located here was another world

queue - located at the the old regent hotel on roxas blvd; the hottest disco then

where else (intercon), cueva (greenbelt), 1757 (hyatt), stargazer (silahis), apres (Manila hotel), lost horizon (philipine plaza), club valentino (ramada), altitude 49 (forgot the original name of hotel now known as dusit)

Led zeppilin

black sabath

grad funk

jefferson airplane

JIMMI HENDRIX

KISS

Eric Clapton

the WHO

VST & Co.

Boyfiends

Wadab

Maria Cafra

JUAN DELA CRUZ BAND

RJ AM's Pinoy Rock and Rhythm

(every 5:30 pm ata ito)

70's i wish i was born during those days! pero ok. lng!

what i like during 70's era>>>

marcos, music and fashion, (pati sa us nag kakagulo diba? reagan) hahaha!

pati ang art n literature bumubulusok sa paanhog ito! (movies of l. broca).

kung wala ang panahon ng 70's palagay ko hinde ganun kakulay ang 80's :cool:

ok ka, pareng anaheim, bruce lee has obviously returned. ano na nga ba yung robinson's dati sa ermita? naaala ko tuloy yung my father's moustache and route 66 sa mh del pilar and cafe moviola sa adriatico, although the latter was built in the 80s ata.

delirium - probably the first disco sa greenbelt, also located here was another world

queue - located at the the old regent hotel on roxas blvd; the hottest disco then

where else (intercon), cueva (greenbelt), 1757 (hyatt), stargazer (silahis), apres (Manila hotel), lost horizon (philipine plaza), club valentino (ramada), altitude 49 (forgot the original name of hotel now known as dusit)

Additional discos

XYZ and Mother's Womb along Edsa near QC Blvd Rotonda.

Discovery along Aurora Blvd.

Cellar bar at the basement of Century Park

Ayala Center discos

Altitude 49 at Hotel Nikko

Another World

Delirium

La Cueva

Wherelse

Circuit at the basemant of Hyatt

Velvet Slum at Hotel Frederique

1571 at Manila Hilton

I forgot the one in Holiday Inn where the waitresses were in pirate's sexy attire (was it Pirate's den?)

Crystal Cave at Hyatt Terraces in Baguio

Spirit

I also forgot the one in Pines Hotel

We used to go Bar and Disco hopping which end to Wherelse at least 3 times a week.

Route 1: Alibi Bar (Music and Magic), Queue, Wherelse

Route 2: Siete Pecados (New Minstrels, Family Birth Control), Lost Horizon, Wherelse

Route 3: Calesa Bar (Verni Varga), Circuit, Wherelse

Route 4: Cusco Lounge (Music Making Company, Mitch Valdez and Nanette Inventor), Club Valentino, Wherelse

pare, Dusit then was known as Manila Garden Hotel. If I remember right, Manila Garden Hotel was one of several 5-star hotels whose construction were rushed by Marcos then in time for a WB-IMF (?) Conference which was to be held in Manila. The others, if I'm not mistaken were Philippine Village Hotel, Philippine Plaza, Manila Peninsula, The Manila Midtown Ramada, Century Park Hotel, Silahis (now Grand Boulevard).

di ba kasabay nito si carlo finioni? teka, mali ako doon sa 1757 sa hyatt. dapat isis. got confused with 1571 sa hilton!!! i also remember the country bake shop on un avenue where the best spanish bread could be found. i wonder kung buhay pa ang taza de oro coffee shop. most of the hotels that bods mentioned were built in 1974. just in time for the ms universe. remember johanna raunio (finland), amparo munoz (spain) maureen ava vieira (aruba), ella cecilia escandon (colombia) and helen morgan (uk ata). crush ng bayan si miss finland. rp's bet was guada campos, i think.

di ba kasabay nito si carlo finioni? teka, mali ako doon sa 1757 sa hyatt. dapat isis. got confused with 1571 sa hilton!!! i also remember the country bake shop on un avenue where the best spanish bread could be found. i wonder kung buhay pa ang taza de oro coffee shop. most of the hotels that bods mentioned were built in 1974. just in time for the ms universe. remember johanna raunio (finland), amparo munoz (spain) maureen ava vieira (aruba), ella cecilia escandon (colombia) and helen morgan (uk ata). crush ng bayan si miss finland. rp's bet was guada campos, i think.

it was Guada Sanchez, pare - she with the big boobs hehehe