Back To The 70's

this reminds me of tet antiquiera who was known for not wearing panties...

What strikes me nung 70s e talagang hindi uso yung undies noon specially sa mga disco lalo na sa Wherelse where most of the dancers (magaling magswing) wore danskin leotards (backless tapos highcut sa hips, tanga) with matching mini or balloon skirt. Marami ring pumapasok noon sa UP na braless. :P

Oo ba! Basta sa lugar na di masyado maingay or mausok. Hinihika na ko sa yosi e :P

Pwede ako this week. medyo maluwag na ko sa work load.

Post nyo preferred date. Ok lang sa kin Thursday or Friday night.

Pero teka muna. Hindi ba may event yung birthday ni Queen Macy tomorrow?

Punta na lang kaya tayo dun. :lol:

ok sige pare.....I'll PM you my number then text me kung meron, ayt?

I won't be online for quite a long time, pare...see you and the others!

Mga 70s boys,

Please PM me your numbers para makapag eb tayo soon.

pareng storm, can't attend the eb physically, but will be there in spirit. paki-inom na lang ng tagay ko! sayang...andito kasi ako sa bangkok. pero kung meron sa december, i will definitely be able to go. have already planned my holiday sa pasko kasi silver anniversary din ng high school class namin. let the good times roll...

Marlon Brando movies I remember in the 70s

The Godfather (1972) - watched that movie in a double feature presentation (with the Godfather Part II) in a cinema along E. Rodriguez Ave, Cubao (forgot the name of the theater)...that was 1978.

Apocalypse Now (1979) - that was in 1977-78, I've been reading about Francis Ford Coppolla's shooting dilemmas here in the Philippines (Laguna province), Martin Sheen suffered a heart attack while shooting Coppolla's Vietnam epic. Elizabeth Oropesa was supposed to be Marlon Brando's wife in the movie but was later replaced with a more average looking pinay, reason for Coppolla's replacement of Elizabeth Oropesa - "too seductive". Ferdinand Marcos' AFP personnel borrowed helicopters from the movie set of Apocalypse to flew some soldiers to the Mindanao infested areas.

Superman (1978) - after Marlon Brando's bout in the Philippines he went straight to Alexander Salkind production of Superman with Christopher Reeves. Brando was paid a cool $1,000,000 to play Jor-el (or was it Kal-el), Superman's father.

I remember me and my classmates went to see The Godfather in New Frontier pero hindi kami pinapasok - first year high school pa lang kasi kami :P

mga pare, do you know where to secure a copy of The Last Tango In Paris?

Bertolucci-Brando-Erotic is a combination to die for hehehe.........I haven't been able to see that movie...

The Godfather (1972) - watched that movie in a double feature presentation (with the Godfather Part II) in a cinema along E. Rodriguez Ave, Cubao (forgot the name of the theater)...that was 1978.

Apocalypse Now (1979) - that was in 1977-78, I've been reading about Francis Ford Coppolla's shooting dilemmas here in the Philippines (Laguna province

pareng anaheim, baka aurora blvd is what you mean. i don't think may cinema sa e rodriguez (naaala ko dito happy, foamy brine, the saint, the sinner...heh, heh). yung mga nasa aurora then were broadway centrum and arcegas (before edsa) and ocean, diamond, coronet, act (after edsa), tapos new fronteir, nation, quezon, cinema 21 and another one across quezon na malapit sa d'or billiards.

ot, i've been to that part of laguna (pagsanjan). your boatman or guide will not fail to point out exactly where on the river the filming was done. highly recommended for a day trip.

pareng anaheim, baka aurora blvd is what you mean. i don't think may cinema sa e rodriguez (naaala ko dito happy, foamy brine, the saint, the sinner...heh, heh). yung mga nasa aurora then were broadway centrum and arcegas (before edsa) and ocean, diamond, coronet, act (after edsa), tapos new fronteir, nation, quezon, cinema 21 and another one across quezon na malapit sa d'or billiards.

ot, i've been to that part of laguna (pagsanjan). your boatman or guide will not fail to point out exactly where on the river the filming was done. highly recommended for a day trip.

naalala ko na, aurora boulevard nga pareng sally bogna mathay, sa Arcegas (if I remember correctly merong supermarket duon)....double feature yung pinanuod namin Godfather Part I and II. t'was 12:30pm when we entered the cinema, lumabas kami mag 6:00pm na.

pareng anaheim, baka aurora blvd is what you mean. i don't think may cinema sa e rodriguez (naaala ko dito happy, foamy brine, the saint, the sinner...heh, heh).

Mayroon palang nakakaala sa "The Saint" doon sa E. Rodriguez. Of course, at the time we never called it E. Rodriguez. We called it España Extension. I never even knew what the sign meant or what establishment it represented, just that it was the symbol of that old Roger Moore series.

Edited by jt2003
Mayroon palang nakakaala sa "The Saint" doon sa E. Rodriguez. Of course, at the time we never called it E. Rodriguez. We called it España Extension. I never even knew what the sign meant or what establishment it represented, just that it was the symbol of that old Roger Moore series.

heh, heh, sumilip lang ako pre. too dark, lang makita. besides, grade 7 ata ako noon. speaking of the roger moore series, i remember his volvo sportscar...years ago meron ganoon na kotse na nakaparada sa isang gas station sa shaw near a wack-wack gate.

happy MP was raided 3 weeks ago....saw it on the news on TV.

raid na naman...for the nth time. bago siguro ang hepe at nagpapakilala lang...doon ako nakakita sa foamy brine ng sampung piso na naging barya at yung pera kinukuha sa bote...remember this place? sa e rodriguez malapit sa rotonda. very raunchy and totally uncensored entertainment.

Just saw Spider-man 2 yesterday. I still got a hangover over this amazing movie kaya nasa movie mode pa ako.

I remember the movie Spider-man starring Nicholas Hammond which was shown in the 70s. If you remember, Nicholas Hammond was one of the Von Trapp kids (the eldest boy) in the SOUND OF MUSIC. That Spider-man movie with Nicholas Hammond was a crude version in terms of special effects and story line compared to the superior Spider-man 2 which is currently showing. Ang bilis ng mga pirata dito sa pilipinas nagkalatan nanaman mga spider-man 2 DVD sa greenhills.

raid na naman...for the nth time. bago siguro ang hepe at nagpapakilala lang...doon ako nakakita sa foamy brine ng sampung piso na naging barya at yung pera kinukuha sa bote...remember this place? sa e rodriguez malapit sa rotonda. very raunchy and totally uncensored entertainment.

Are you referring to Other Side?

Di ba maraming ganyan sa Bangkok?

pareng anaheim at twoballs, you'll be happy to know that there is one street here in bangkok na 70s ang atmosphere, pati mga characters that live in and out of it...many wearing beads or braids and tie-dyed t-shirts...some actually look like they just came from woodstock...you hear the rumble of a harley, or occasionally the even rarer, british-built nortons and triumphs...with the stickers and livery...from cafes blare hendrix, joplin's, savoy brown, doobie bros...this is khao san road...where, if one is fortunate enough, a tryst with an exotic east european is possible...an unexpected and not-planned-for event that could evolve into a few nights of bachannalian behavior or, worse, weeks of debauchery...as for being enlightened, one needs to start at a place known as "no hands bar" where the pleasures of dining and drinking are magnified as one is eaten...

pareng anaheim at twoballs, you'll be happy to know that there is one street here in bangkok na 70s ang atmosphere, pati mga characters that live in and out of it...many wearing beads or braids and tie-dyed t-shirts...some actually look like they just came from woodstock...you hear the rumble of a harley, or occasionally the even rarer, british-built nortons and triumphs...with the stickers and livery...from cafes blare hendrix, joplin's, savoy brown, doobie bros...this is khao san road...where, if one is fortunate enough, a tryst with an exotic east european is possible...an unexpected and not-planned-for event that could evolve into a few nights of bachannalian behavior or, worse, weeks of debauchery...as for being enlightened, one needs to start at a place known as "no hands bar" where the pleasures of dining and drinking are magnified as one is eaten...

hehehe...dyan na lang nga natin gawin yung 70's EB natin...whaddaya say, Storm?

The second time I was in BAngkok in 2000 puro transvestites na nakita namin...apparently may mga lugar pa pala na you get the real thing :D

hehehe...dyan na lang nga natin gawin yung 70's EB natin...whaddaya say, Storm?

The second time I was in BAngkok in 2000 puro transvestites na nakita namin...apparently may mga lugar pa pala na you get the real thing :D

Pareng Bods and Sally kadating ko lang galing province. Pwede rin sigurong sa Bangkok kaya lang hindi ko pa alam kung kaya ng sked and kung me funds ako.

Anyway 70s peeps pm nyo ko para sa ating eb. Si Bods pa lang nag pm sa akin. Mukhang magiging masaya kasi puro yata tayo boys. :D

Hello sa lahat ng posters. Buhay na buhay ang thread kahit patay na si Marlon Brando. Hindi ko rin napanood yung Last Tango in Paris. Pero nakabili ako ng dvd ng The Exorcist.

heh, heh...ok, sabihin niyo lang. i can get you a hotel room for 650 baht a night (roughly $16.25). mas marami, mas masaya!

hehe ano nga kaya't nandyan tayo lahat :P

yeah, pero miss ko na din ang Bangkok - and not just for those girlie things haha

I miss the hot food they have over there

Pareng Bods and Sally kadating ko lang galing province. Pwede rin sigurong sa Bangkok kaya lang hindi ko pa alam kung kaya ng sked and kung me funds ako.

Anyway 70s peeps pm nyo ko para sa ating eb. Si Bods pa lang nag pm sa akin. Mukhang magiging masaya kasi puro yata tayo boys. :D

Hello sa lahat ng posters. Buhay na buhay ang thread kahit patay na si Marlon Brando. Hindi ko rin napanood yung Last Tango in Paris. Pero nakabili ako ng dvd ng The Exorcist.

bakit nga ba walang girls dito? :D

anyway, problema ko eh kung pwede akong makasibat dito na ako lang mag-isa hehe