Back To The 70's

Ang ka-loveteam ni Darius Razon was Geraldine. I remember the company driver of my father used to drive for Darius back then and kuwento nya palagi daw nyang hinahatid sa mga motel sina Darius at Geraldine :P Funny but Darius now owns several girlie bars in the Boni area which we used to frequent. He manages to sit with us every so often and get this - Darius is definitely gay :D

geraldine, maganda nga siya. speaking of darius, yes, he's gay. when i was working pa sa radyo, he would come over once in a while kasi type niya ata yung isang technician namin.

dagadag ko sa list ng 70's -- si espie fabon, na byuda na since her policeman huband was shot

yeah pare. July 7-14 is the Feastday of San Fermin in Pamplona and of course one of the highlights is the Annual Running of the Bulls. I read that 4 people were seriously injured now and a total of 10 were brought to the hospital with various injuries :D Pare, what say all of us 70's guys go to Pamplona and run with the bulls hahaha....it's been a dream of mine, and of course we can all run with whatever Spanish beauties we can find out there :D

Sam Peckinpah directs..

i've always wanted to do this after reading ernest hemingway describe it. actually, spain is one of the cheapest destinations in europe, accdg to some people i know who have been there. dito sa bangkok, may promo a few months back, around 20,000 baht ang airfare (about $500). and yes, the lovely senoritas, the flamenco, the paella and that famous las ramblas avenue in barcelona...

nasa movies tayo ni peckinpah, what was the title of the movie that i think he directed starring steve mcqueen and ali mcgraw?

The first time I ever cut class was to go out with my friends to watch the Led Zepellin concert movie at Quad.

It was also the time of Pinoy Rock at DZRJ (The Rock of Manila). Juan dela Cruz band. Later on came Maria Cafra, Banyuhay ni Hebert, Asin, Florante, etc. Naghiwalay ang Circus Band and everybody came to know Basil, Hadji, Pabs, Jacqui, Tillie, and Boy K. as individual performers.

the song remains the same. napanood ko sa miramar sa recto. pag pasok mo amoy damo at ang daming bote ng corex sa sahig...heh, heh, you had to be high to really enjoy it! great movie at ang haba. still have the soundtrack album, the only led zep na live. pero the song of the same title came out sa fifth album nila, houses of the holy. bigat ng riffs ni jimmy page dito.

dagdag ko lang ang petrified anthem, aunt irma, mother earth, sampaguita

i've always wanted to do this after reading ernest hemingway describe it. actually, spain is one of the cheapest destinations in europe, accdg to some people i know who have been there. dito sa bangkok, may promo a few months back, around 20,000 baht ang airfare (about $500). and yes, the lovely senoritas, the flamenco, the paella and that famous las ramblas avenue in barcelona...

I was sifting throught some travel deals here and I was wondering why mas mura pagpunta sa Barcelona kesa Madrid. I'd like to see that Cathedral in Barcelona because I heard that it's the second biggest church in the world. I've seen the biggest and the third-biggest (Basilica of St. Peter and the Milan Cathedral, respectively) when I was in Italy in the mid-90's. Next to the big cities in Spain, ang gusto kong puntahan ay yung Basque region nila and that's where Pamplona is...

nasa movies tayo ni peckinpah, what was the title of the movie that i think he directed starring steve mcqueen and ali mcgraw?

that was THE GETAWAY, pare, a poor remake of which was made a few years back starring.....I forgot na :P

Speaking of Steve Mcqueen - he was one of the original, classic, hard-living, devil-may-care American movie heroes. Remember his film BULLITT? - with that classic car chase scenes showing cars jumping all over the hills of San Francisco? Classic original!

the song remains the same. napanood ko sa miramar sa recto. pag pasok mo amoy damo at ang daming bote ng corex sa sahig...heh, heh, you had to be high to really enjoy it! great movie at ang haba. still have the soundtrack album, the only led zep na live. pero the song of the same title came out sa fifth album nila, houses of the holy. bigat ng riffs ni jimmy page dito.

.....at mas mahaba yung solo dito ni Jimmy Page sa STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Unforgettable too is the longish drum solo of John Bonham in MOBY DICK. I've been looking for the longest time for a Laserdisc copy of THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME - saw a DVD copy of it in Harrison Plaza pero wala naman akong DVD player :P

....yup, Petrified Anthem - with the Wirth brothers, Walter and sino nga ba yung isa hehehe...

that was THE GETAWAY, pare, a poor remake of which was made a few years back starring.....I forgot na :P

Speaking of Steve Mcqueen - he was one of the original, classic, hard-living, devil-may-care American movie heroes. Remember his film BULLITT? - with that classic car chase scenes showing cars jumping all over the hills of San Francisco? Classic original!

yup, remake was terrible starring alec baldwin. thomas crown affair was also remade starring a clean cut pierce brosnan...horrendous! the car chase you metioned reminds me of the one in gene hackman's french connection...

.....at mas mahaba yung solo dito ni Jimmy Page sa STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Unforgettable too is the longish drum solo of John Bonham in MOBY DICK. I've been looking for the longest time for a Laserdisc copy of THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME - saw a DVD copy of it in Harrison Plaza pero wala naman akong DVD player :P

....yup, Petrified Anthem - with the Wirth brothers, Walter and sino nga ba yung isa hehehe...

haaay, bonham, sayang ka. probably one of the few na ka-ranko ni ginger baker and billy cobham when it comes to style and improvisation. led zep regrouped sa live aid with bonham's son on the drums. pero mukhang hindi siya successful. hail to fallen...jaco pastorius, jimmy hendrix, janis joplin, jim morrison, stevie ray vaughn, ricky nelson, lynyrd skynyrd, george harrison, john lennon, kurt cobain...notice that every few years a top guitarist dies?

yup, remake was terrible starring alec baldwin. thomas crown affair was also remade starring a clean cut pierce brosnan...horrendous! the car chase you metioned reminds me of the one in gene hackman's french connection...

yeah, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, Steve Mcqueen and Faye Dunaway - grabe...

great song there too - THE WINDMILLS OF YOUR MIND.

THE FRENCH CONNECTION and BULLITT contained some of the best car chase scenes in movie history and were the benchmark for future car-chase movies. Also if you got to watch the original THE ITALIAN JOB, with Michael Caine. Tindi rin ng habulan ng kotse dito - using all those Mini-Coopers....

haaay, bonham, sayang ka. probably one of the few na ka-ranko ni ginger baker and billy cobham when it comes to style and improvisation. led zep regrouped sa live aid with bonham's son on the drums. pero mukhang hindi siya successful. hail to fallen...jaco pastorius, jimmy hendrix, janis joplin, jim morrison, stevie ray vaughn, ricky nelson, lynyrd skynyrd, george harrison, john lennon, kurt cobain...notice that every few years a top guitarist dies?

you could include Jerry Garcia of the GRATEFUL DEAD as one of those guitarists now playing in the Great Beyond. Pero nakakapanghinayang talaga sina Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix and Jaco Pastorius (bass nga lang) - struck down while in their prime - mga bata pa.

Keith Moon was also one of those great drummers along with Bonham who passed away. Btw, malapit nang maubos ang THE WHO - sina Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey na lang ang natitira. John Enthwistle passed away - was it last year?

I remember the re-release of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs in 1971, went to see it with my brother and mother at the old makati theater (malapit sa old makati supermarket) nagpakuha ako ng photo with "snow white" who happens to be the younger sister of Jeanne Young (yung tisay na may show sa channel 9).

you could include Jerry Garcia of the GRATEFUL DEAD as one of those guitarists now playing in the Great Beyond. Pero nakakapanghinayang talaga sina Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix and Jaco Pastorius (bass nga lang) - struck down while in their prime - mga bata pa.

Keith Moon was also one of those great drummers along with Bonham who passed away. Btw, malapit nang maubos ang THE WHO - sina Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey na lang ang natitira. John Enthwistle passed away - was it last year?

I was in Vegas in 2002 when the Who were going to have a concert there then cancelled when John Entwhislte died. Sayang...

The opening themes of the hit TV shows of CSI and CSI Miami feature songs by the who,"Who are You" and "Won't get Fooled Again".

Some other great rock acts from the 70s - Journey (Anyway you want it) Boston (More than a Feeling), Thin Lizzy (The Boys are Back in Town) and Black Sabbath (I love all the songs from Black Sabbath Vol. 4).

Somehow, the newer rock acts that try to capture the rawness of the 70's rock acts don't quite get it...

Naalala mo rin pala pards! I was gonna say that was the time I had my first taste of grass. :D ;) :lol:

Ako, makita ko lang yung CD ng Song Remains the Same, happy na ko. I have Led Zep Remasters which includes most of their big hits plus later songs like Fool in the Rain and All Of My Love. But I still think their live album is their best work.

i've always wanted to do this after reading ernest hemingway describe it. actually, spain is one of the cheapest destinations in europe, accdg to some people i know who have been there.

That is so true. I've been to Spain a number of times. The last time I was in Madrid, I only paid 40 euros/night for a hotel along Gran Via! Nowhere else in Europe can you get this rate. Don't expect 5-star accomodations though.

Sorry medyo OT yata.

remember him sa marathon man? ..."is it safe?... while zell (laurence olivier) was drilling his teeth...worse possible torture i can imagine

Yeah, I saw that movie. I'm looking for the dvd of those films -- The Graduate and Marathon Man. I have The Sting, Midnight Express and The Exorcist but haven't watched them again.

katharine ross form www.imdb.com

Don't Let Go (2002) .... Charlene Stevens

Donnie Darko (2001) .... Dr. Lilian Thurman

Home Before Dark (1997) .... Rose

Climate for Killing, A (1991) .... Grace Hines

... aka Row of Crows, A (1991)

Conagher (1991) (TV) .... Evie Teale

... aka Louis L'Amour's Conagher (1991) (TV)

Distribution of Lead (1988) .... Maude

Tattle: When to Tell on a Friend (1988) (TV) .... Maggie's Mother

... aka Tattle (1988) (TV) (USA: short title)

Red-Headed Stranger (1986) .... Laurie

Houston: The Legend of Texas (1986) (TV) (uncredited) .... Mrs. Dickinson

... aka Gone to Texas (1986) (TV)

Reel Horror (1985)

"Colbys, The" (1985) TV Series .... Francesca Scott Colby Hamilton Langdon

... aka "Dynasty II: The Colbys" (1985) (original title (first four episodes title))

Secrets of a Mother and Daughter (1983) (TV) .... Ava Pryce

Travis McGee (1983) (TV) .... Gretel Howard

... aka Travis McGee: The Empty Copper Sea (1983) (TV)

Wait Until Dark (1982) (TV) .... Suzy Hendrix

Shadow Riders, The (1982) (TV) .... Kate Connery/Sister Katherine

... aka Louis L'Amour's The Shadow Riders (1982) (TV)

Wrong Is Right (1982) .... Sally Blake

... aka Man with the Deadly Lens, The (1982)

Marian Rose White (1982) (TV) .... Nurse Bonnie MacNeil

Murder in Texas (1981) (TV) .... Ann Kurth Hill

Rodeo Girl (1980) (TV) .... Sammy Garrett

Final Countdown, The (1980) .... Laurel Scott

Murder by Natural Causes (1979) (TV) .... Allison Sinclair

Legacy, The (1978) .... Margaret Walsh

... aka Legacy of Maggie Walsh, The (1978)

Swarm, The (1978) .... Capt. Helena Anderson

Betsy, The (1978) .... Sally Hardeman

... aka Harold Robbins' The Betsy (1978)

"Alle origini della mafia" (1976) (mini) TV Series .... Rosa Mastrangelo (episode "Omertà")

... aka "Roots of the Mafia" (1976) (mini) (USA)

Voyage of the Damned (1976) .... Mira Hauser

Wanted: The Sundance Woman (1976) (TV) .... Etta Place/Mrs. Sundance/Annie Martin/Bonnie Doris

... aka Mrs. Sundance Rides Again (1976) (TV)

Stepford Wives, The (1975) .... Joanna Eberhart

Hasard et la violence, Le (1974) .... Docteur Constance Weber

... aka Amore e violenza (1974) (Italy)

... aka Assassinio al sole (1974) (Italy)

... aka Chance and Violence (1974) (International: English title)

Get to Know Your Rabbit (1972) .... Terrific-Looking Girl

They Only k*ll Their Masters (1972) .... Kate Bingham, Dr. Watkins' Nurse

Fools (1970)

Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969) .... Lola

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) .... Etta Place

Hellfighters (1968) .... Tish Buckman

Graduate, The (1967) .... Elaine Robinson

Thanks Pareng Robbie :cool:

sana nga nandun pa kaya lang wala akong DVD so I can't borrow it from you :P

can't quite recall QUICKSILVER. Is this the movie where Kevin Bacon gets to ride bikes?

Ang mura na lang ng dvd player ngayon bro. Just bought a Matrixx DVD player for P 2,200 sa MAKRO 2 weeks ago. Me Karaoke function na and 5.1 decoder pa.

Yup. Kevin on a bicycle.

Hindi baleng OT Pareng Magaling.

I really want to go to Spain kaya lang walang panahon at excess money to spend. Well, sana next year makaalis kami ng misis ko. Hindi kasi ako papayagang mag-isa ni kumander.

Edited by storm