Back To The 70's

trumpo today - beyblade

got an atari 2600 still working, altho i had to make do with d joysticks,

an layo sa diablo 2 na nilalaro ko ngayon :D

have tennis, cowboy shootout, donkey kong and the ye olde games that came with the console - night driver, pong and super pong

Collector's item na and Atari Console ngayon. The first home video game na nalaro ko ay yung Pong. I think mga Grade 4 or 5 ako nun. My cousin owned it. Dala ng Tito ko paguwin niya from the States. Mababaw lang kaligayahan namin noon kaya enjoy pa rin laruin.

Sumunod dun ang mga game and watch. Pinagbawal pa sa school noon kasi masyadong distarcting sa students. When I was in Grade 7 to around 1st year High came the advent of video games sa arcade as we know it. We used to go to Greenhills after class to play Space Invaders, Galaxians and Donkey Kong. Atari soon followed......

Collector's item na and Atari Console ngayon. The first home video game na nalaro ko ay yung Pong. I think mga Grade 4 or 5 ako nun. My cousin owned it. Dala ng Tito ko paguwin niya from the States. Mababaw lang kaligayahan namin noon kaya enjoy pa rin laruin.

Sumunod dun ang mga game and watch. Pinagbawal pa sa school noon kasi masyadong distarcting sa students. When I was in Grade 7 to around 1st year High came the advent of video games sa arcade as we know it. We used to go to Greenhills after class to play Space Invaders, Galaxians and Donkey Kong. Atari soon followed......

mukhang magkasing bata tayo a. :lol: I remember na ayaw pa ako bilhan ng atari kasi daw may pong na ako.

so yung pong na console ko, nilublob ko sa tubig para ibili ako ng atari! :lol:

trumpo today - beyblade

have tennis, cowboy shootout, donkey kong and the ye olde games that came with the console - night driver, pong and super pong

hehehe combat lang masaya na kami nun. tapos yung night driver saka warlords, for the paddle controller. tapos yar's revenge. and everyone na kakila ko na may atari, may e.t. the extra terrestrial

Pendong-kalas ang sinisigaw namin nuon sabay taas ng kamay with the sign of victory para hindi ka mabatukan ng iba. The victory sign signified you've already seen yung kalbo at nakabatok ka na so exempted ka na mabatukan pa ng iba.

Also, one habit we picked up eh yung pag naglalakad ang barkada sa kalye at nakakita kami ng lata, we kicked the can forward and we alternately kicked it hanggang sa makarating kami sa pupuntahan, kasama yung lata.

Yeah, victory sign or peace sign para hwag mapendong.

Ginagawa rin namin iyang pagsipa ng lata habang naglalakad. :D

Kami rin. Yun yata ang unang home video game. Me levels pa nga iyan. Lumiliit yung pong mo habang inaangat mo yung level. Meron ding breakout na sumunod.

I remember that before the advent of video games, the arcades had those old school pinball machines. Problem was I was too little to play since I could not reach the paddles...

It's nice to be older, kasi noon yung 25c will last for hours sa pinball. There was a time na we're 3 playing sa 1 pinball machine, e almost 1 hour na ako e ayaw pa mamatay yung ball ko. Napikon yung isang kalaro ko, inalog yung machine. Siempre, tilt yung machine. :lol:

Pinakamahal ang arcade noon sa greenhills. mas mga bago kasi.

I remember that before the advent of video games, the arcades had those old school pinball machines. Problem was I was too little to play since I could not reach the paddles...

I never got to play this pinball machines in the 70's. Full electronics na ba ang sensors niya? I played the big pinball machines (de-yugyug) during the late 60's and I think analog na analog ang dating. Kailangan mong yugyugin ng todo to score big points. Tapos nadadaya pa kasi meron kaming pinupokpok sa likuran and the pinballs just keep coming out.

sayang yung atari 2600 ko....naibenta ko kasi nagkaruon ako ng commodore 64. It would be nice to have the console back for nostalgic purposes.

pero I could play some of the atari 2600 games on my nokia 6600 celphone....yung chopper command and pitfall (activision).

the Atari 2600 game that I miss playing ===> KABOOM, (gamit yung paddles).

I never got to play this pinball machines in the 70's. Full electronics na ba ang sensors niya? I played the big pinball machines (de-yugyug) during the late 60's and I think analog na analog ang dating. Kailangan mong yugyugin ng todo to score big points. Tapos nadadaya pa kasi meron kaming pinupokpok sa likuran and the pinballs just keep coming out.

Kahit naman yung mas maliliit na pinball machines sa greenhills e de-yugyog pa rin. Mas sensitive lang nga.

fave show

Come and knock on our door

We've been waiting for you

Where the kisses are hers and hers and his

Three's company, too!

Come and dance on our floor

Take a step that is new

We've a loveable space that needs your face

Three's company, too!

You'll see that life is a ball again and

laughter is callin' for you

Down at our rendezvous

Threes company, too!

fave show

Come and knock on our door

We've been waiting for you

Where the kisses are hers and hers and his

Three's company, too!

Come and dance on our floor

Take a step that is new

We've a loveable space that needs your face

Three's company, too!

You'll see that life is a ball again and

laughter is callin' for you

Down at our rendezvous

Threes company, too!

Yup, I remember that show. Back then Suzanne Sommers was the stuff of wet dreams when I was eleven. There was a playboy spread with her in it sometime in the mid 80's I think where it featured playboy test shots of her before she became famous.

Cheers!

hmmmm Rizal Theatre stood in the present Shangrila Makati...Alemars Bookstore is now 6750 building, Makati Supermarket then...Landmark now.....Giftgate was located at the present Bio Research shop in Glorietta, Quad Amusement park (video games & bumpcars) is now Parksquare One, Syvels was the hip department store inside the location of Glorietta...the park was a roller skating rink...Mass location...near North Mall Mcdonalds :D, there was also 3M pizza inside, Magoos (fronting Anson's) and Sesame Street Pizza & Burger Station....The Bacolod Chicken House beside Ansons was Beef 50/50 Burger House....The Ayala Heritage Library was known then as The Nielsen Tower..which was the control tower of the Ugarte Airstrip (Makati Avenue before was the Airfield for light aircraft).....hehehe

Edited by orionpax
hmmmm Rizal Theatre stood in the present Shangrila Makati...Alemars Bookstore is now 6750 building, Makati Supermarket then...Landmark now.....Giftgate was located at the present Bio Research shop in Glorietta, Quad Amusement park (video games & bumpcars) is now Parksquare One, Syvels was the hip department store inside the location of Glorietta...the park was a roller skating rink...Mass location...near North Mall Mcdonalds :D, there was also 3M pizza inside, Magoos (fronting Anson's) and Sesame Street Pizza & Burger Station....The Bacolod Chicken House beside Ansons was Beef 50/50 Burger House....The Ayala Heritage Library was known then as The Nielsen Tower..which was the control tower of the Ugarte Airstrip (Makati Avenue before was the Airfield for light aircraft).....hehehe

I remember the BRICK TOWN mini mall now stood the glorietta 4.

John Ritter died already. I don't know what happened to Joyce de Witt.

According to the internet movie database, she makes TV guest appearances occasionally...

Since we lived in QC, we were rarely in the Makati shopping area when I was growing up in the 70s. Usually, it was Cubao for us - COD, Rustan's Ali Mall. We would view the COD animated mannequin display every Christmas....