Back To The 70's

bos anaheim, alam ko meron sa cubao deeco inside farmer's plaza. max price is 1500 pero electown na lang ang available na brand. good brand though, pinoy made and deeco warranty kaya medyo safe bilhin. been using mine since 1998 when I had that same urge to review the 60s and 50s vinyl records my mum brought back from the states.

I plan to watch it within the week.

If you were to rate it objectively, do you think it was a good film? If I were not a Filipino, would the movie sustain my interest?

pareng dekampanilla, it was highly rated by foreign critics. it even won best cinematography at the Sundance film festival in Utah (yung kay robert redford).

bos anaheim, alam ko meron sa cubao deeco inside farmer's plaza. max price is 1500 pero electown na lang ang available na brand. good brand though, pinoy made and deeco warranty kaya medyo safe bilhin. been using mine since 1998 when I had that same urge to review the 60s and 50s vinyl records my mum brought back from the states.

thanks, pareng robbietan. hanapin ko sa farmers baka weekend. mga vinyl records ko mga pirated din galing thailand...minana ko sa lolo ko nuong nagpunta siya ng thailand early 70s. I got the soundtrack of Midnight Cowboy ang putla ng kulay yung cover...pirated kasi. rampant din ang piracy nuon late 60s nag start sa vinyl record.

pareng anaheim, ok yung mga pix ko ng avenida. can't even recognize it. i remember yung sidewalk on both sides from carriedo to recto were made of small colored tiles. di ba dati sa dulo ng escolta bago dumating sa sta. cruz church, on the fringes of that bldg on the right. may nagbebenta ng mga puppy?

yup pareng sally, i remember sa escolta yung THE CACTUS :evil:

pareng bods1000, please do try to find one.. tell me the location and the price. thanks pre'. ganyan daw pag middle age na...hinahanap mga old 'memories' :lol:

I will, pare! Parang may nakita ako dati sa Makati Cinema Square. But do you know what? I can't remember where I saw this - pero most of the turntables on sale now - since they know that those who buy turntables are true audiophiles - are of the high-end types. What I saw was a Bang & Olufsen and I think it's price tag was in the area of P30,000+! PEro the best talaga ang B & A.

MIddle age ba? Who's middle age? :P

Malayo sa akin kasi I live in QC (between UP and Batasan) but I'll be in Intramuros on Tuesday. FYI

ok daw kasi dun sa Baywalk ba yon? Right beside Manila Bay may mga promenade where we can hang out. I don't know. Some other time pare kung kelan ka pwede. Ako din naman I live somewhere in the East eh...

that puppy for sale bldg. used to be the prudential bldg. I believe

buhay pa ang syvel's and sunburst fried chicken noon sa escolta

Prudential building, the puppy-for-sale building since the 70's is now a supermarket. Parang South supermarket. Mga 4 years ago, nakabili pa ako dito ng mistisong askal for 300 pesos.

Went to Raon , can't find a working vinyl record player....bought pirated DVDs instead.

ewan ko kung buhay pa siya, pero there used to be an audio shop sa timog near the corner of morato. it's in front of that grocery where everyone buys blue seal cigarettes and right before the gas station if you're coming from west ave. but as bods said, your best bet might be makati cinema square sa basement. it may be a long shot, pero you may also want to drop by bangkal and check out the segunda mano shops there.

ewan ko kung buhay pa siya, pero there used to be an audio shop sa timog near the corner of morato. it's in front of that grocery where everyone buys blue seal cigarettes and right before the gas station if you're coming from west ave. but as bods said, your best bet might be makati cinema square sa basement. it may be a long shot, pero you may also want to drop by bangkal and check out the segunda mano shops there.

pare right before the Petron station is now a huge new building - palagay ko wala na yung sinasabi mo dun...

just heard from a report that ariel ureta denied the bisekleta incident during martial law did not actually happen

that was the stuff of legends :)

Hindi naman niya na-ideny ang incident during the martial law years kasi takot siyang balikan ng military. If I'm not mistaken, ilang araw siyang hindi nag-report sa show.

yung ZOOM ZOOM SUPERMAN ni Ariel Ureta as Superman, that was shown in the early 1970s. si Ariel Ureta pa nga kumanta ng theme song. I wonder if they have asked permission to the owner of Superman to make this movie .

Edited by Anaheim

saw SLAP SHOT (1977) starring Paul Newman. I think this is the third film directed by George Roy Hill with Paul Newman. The first would be BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, second would be THE STING.

Slap Shot, bought the DVD (pirated) at Coastal Mall, contains songs from the 70s. Hilarious hockey film considered as one of the top ten sports movies ever - as indicated on the cover box. I highly recommend it.

saw SLAP SHOT (1977) starring Paul Newman. I think this is the third film directed by George Roy Hill with Paul Newman. The first would be BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, second would be THE STING.

Slap Shot, bought the DVD (pirated) at Coastal Mall, contains songs from the 70s. Hilarious hockey film considered as one of the top ten sports movies ever - as indicated on the cover box. I highly recommend it.

After Butch Cassidy and The Sting, George Roy Hill also directed Robert Redford in THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER (1975 I think).

Missed you guys. Just came from vacation.

The last time I went to Makati Cinema Square I saw a Technics turntable for P 5000.

I have The Sting but couldn't find Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Watched I, Robot this afternoon and Superstition was played in the movie.