Back To The 70's

yeah pare buhay pa din yung mga tapes ko and I still record from LP's to tape :P

Most of the classic 70's rock/folk music you can't find on CD anymore; and even then parang iba tunog pag nasa CD format na yung 70's music.

Pero when I was in Milan I chanced upon these CD's containing 70's rock music and concert jams by among others Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Ten Years After, The Doors etc. Mga jams umaabot hanggang 10 to 15 minutes ang isang song. Parang rare collection of rare performances - bought three of them yun nga lang yung sound quality is not that good dahil hindi remastered at kopya lang sa analog pero masarap pa ding pakinggan...

I agree with you Pareng Bods. Masyadong malinis and matigas ang cd. At mas manipis ang tunog. Tapos wala pang static. :P

Namimiss ko rin yung hiss ng open reel tapes. Kaya lang hindi na maibabalik ang panahon. Imprinted na lang iyon sa mind natin.

Meron akong nakitang complete Jimi Hendrix music in MP3 format sa Virra Mall in Greenhills kaya lang hindi ko nabili. Pangit kasi quality ng MP3.

I have started to learn swing and also reggae dance to the tune of staying alive

Pareng Aladdin, hindi pang-swing ang Staying Alive. Mahihirapan ka jan.

Ito yung ilang pang-swing or New York Hustle:

Souvenirs - Voyage

From East to West - Voyage

Let's Fly Away - Voyage

Let's get started - Voyage

Keep on Dancing - Gary's Gang

Honeymoon in Puerto Rico - Paul Jabbara

Trapped in a Stairway - Paul Jabbara

Last Dance - Donna Summer

MacArthur Park - Donna Summer

On the Radio - Donna Summer

Make me Feel, Mighty Real - Sylvester

I Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet - Patrick Hernandez

My Cherie Amour

You're All I Have, etc - Pouzzez

The Boss - Diana Ross

The Main Event - Barbra Streisand

Heaven Must have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer

Romeo and Juliet

Starwars , Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind- Meco

Superman

Disco Lullaby - Musique

Love Attack

Midnight in Manhattan and all music by 7th Avenue

If My Friends Could See Me Now

Dance Your Way Out Of The Door

Again

Gonna Get Along Without You Now

If All We're Gonna Do Is Dance

If You Could Read My Mind

Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You

I Love The Nightlife

among others. Keep on swingin bro.

Pareng Aladdin, hindi pang-swing ang Staying Alive. Mahihirapan ka jan.

Ito yung ilang pang-swing or New York Hustle:

Souvenirs - Voyage

From East to West - Voyage

Let's Fly Away - Voyage

Let's get started - Voyage

Keep on Dancing - Gary's Gang

Honeymoon in Puerto Rico - Paul Jabbara

Trapped in a Stairway - Paul Jabbara

Last Dance - Donna Summer

MacArthur Park - Donna Summer

On the Radio - Donna Summer

Make me Feel, Mighty Real - Sylvester

I Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet - Patrick Hernandez

My Cherie Amour

You're All I Have, etc - Pouzzez

The Boss - Diana Ross

The Main Event - Barbra Streisand

Heaven Must have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer

Romeo and Juliet

Starwars , Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind- Meco

Superman

Disco Lullaby - Musique

Love Attack

Midnight in Manhattan and all music by 7th Avenue

If My Friends Could See Me Now

Dance Your Way Out Of The Door

Again

Gonna Get Along Without You Now

If All We're Gonna Do Is Dance

If You Could Read My Mind

Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You

I Love The Nightlife

among others. Keep on swingin bro.

nice list...disco lullaby, 7th avenue are great, but my favorite is heaven knows (donna summer and donnie hathaway), also a teri de sario song (forgot the title)

I agree with you Pareng Bods. Masyadong malinis and matigas ang cd. At mas manipis ang tunog. Tapos wala pang static. :P

Namimiss ko rin yung hiss ng open reel tapes. Kaya lang hindi na maibabalik ang panahon. Imprinted na lang iyon sa mind natin.

Meron akong nakitang complete Jimi Hendrix music in MP3 format sa Virra Mall in Greenhills kaya lang hindi ko nabili. Pangit kasi quality ng MP3.

yes, the sound that resonates from a vinyl disc is so very different, especially if the stylus is new. those made in the US, germany, the UK, japan and the netherlands have very good quality; even the old villar records were thick. unlike those thin and thready ones that came out mostly in the 80s. eto yung mga may PARI-label...miss those days hunting for old records at garage sales, bangkal and mcs...actually, open reels and 8-track cartridges are still used in some radio stations for fillers and ads

Pero masaya ako kapag napag-uusapan yang swing kasi marami akong celebrities o kaya'y professional dancers (jazz, bayanihan and ballet) na naka-swing noon at minsan hanggang ngayon kapag me reunion or party na me kasamang ballroom.

High fives pare! :) During the late 80s, madalas ako sa Kudos and minsan, naka-swing ko si Dina Bonnevie :blush:

Madalas din kami sa Memories (somewhere in front of the old Ayala Museum)during that time . . .

High fives pare! :) During the late 80s, madalas ako sa Kudos and minsan, naka-swing ko si Dina Bonnevie :blush:

Madalas din kami sa Memories (somewhere in front of the old Ayala Museum)during that time . . .

In the late 80s (dapat yata sa 80s thread na ito) Pareng Magaling, neighbor ko dati yung dj ng kudos and later on at Faces, so we also used to go there once in a while. We frequented Faces once or twice a week hanggang sa magsara ito. We were there at the Faces reunion at Glorietta.

nice list...disco lullaby, 7th avenue are great, but my favorite is heaven knows (donna summer and donnie hathaway), also a teri de sario song (forgot the title)

Hello pareng Sally! Yung Heaven Knows ay kasama sa MacArthur Park Suite ni Donna Summer.

Heto yung lyrics bro.

HEAVEN KNOWS

Donna Summer + Brooklyn Dreams 1978

Baby please, please don't take your love from me

I am yours for ever more, 'till eternity

Silence please, listen to the words I say

I'm not talking just for play, listen to me please

Heaven knows it's not the way it should be

Heaven knows it' s not the way it could be

Don't you know there's no need to leave

Heaven knows I never wanna leave you

Heaven knows I only wanna please you

Don't you know love is what I need

Tell me inside, don't get cope with foolish pride

Love me all the things aside, only you and me

Believe in us, we've always meant to be

(I) live for you and you for me, 'till eternity...

Heaven knows I only wanna love you

Heaven knows I never wanna lose you

Don't you know love is meant to be

Heaven knows it's not the way it should be

And it's not your stuff

So stop with your pretending

So come on down and hear me when I cry...

mas maganda ang sound quality ng MP3 kapag 192 KBPS ang rate sampling nya. meron mga MP3 disc na nakalagay yung rate sampling nya. nakabili ako ng MP3 soundtrack ng Grease (1978) , Saturday Night Fever (1977) at mga songs ng Bee Gees (mostly 1970s hits) .

yeah pare pero you know what pag Classical or some Jazz mas maganda tunog sa CD because for those music you really need a "clean" sound whereas for rock, you need to hear the raunch and pound which I think only the big and resonant sound of an imported LP can give...

yes, the sound that resonates from a vinyl disc is so very different, especially if the stylus is new. those made in the US, germany, the UK, japan and the netherlands have very good quality; even the old villar records were thick. unlike those thin and thready ones that came out mostly in the 80s. eto yung mga may PARI-label...miss those days hunting for old records at garage sales, bangkal and mcs...actually, open reels and 8-track cartridges are still used in some radio stations for fillers and ads

the jazz ECM Records from Germany are of real good quality - ang linis ng tunog ng mga LP nila and the cover art are so distinctive. I even stumbled upon an unopened virgin vinyl of Steve Tibbetts. Ganun pala ang virgin vinyl - it is transparent when you look at it against a light :P. Grabe sa sound quality - pati pinaka maliit na chimes dinig mo

sealed pa? okay nga yon, ibig sabihin brand new. the first sealed album i bought was a santana. can't remember the album title at the moment (one word lang), but it's all white and has the song love, devotion and surrender. maganda nga ang tunog ng ecm. yung mga unang album ni pat metheney were ecm. i have a number of verve records 60s pa pero ang ganda pa rin ng tunog hanggang ngayon.

I watched last night Johnson's Family Vacation on DVD. Yung tatay bumili ng Navigator na pormado with all the gadgets kaya lang me hirit pa na dapat daw merong 8track na cartridge player para maiplay nya yung mga collections nya ng 8track :D

Tungkol sa mga Caviteño yung sa 80s thread. Nung 70s kapag yung jeep e byaheng Cavite, paniguradong puno ng cartridge yung front windshield na mata lang ng driver ang makikita tapos yung mga kahon ng cartridge ay iba't ibang design. Pulos handcrafted kasi hindi pa usong computer noon. Tapos sikat yung jeep kapag Pioneer na KP500 (de relos ang tawag) ang gamit with matching horn tweeters para lalong makalasing. :cool:

sealed pa? okay nga yon, ibig sabihin brand new. the first sealed album i bought was a santana. can't remember the album title at the moment (one word lang), but it's all white and has the song love, devotion and surrender. maganda nga ang tunog ng ecm. yung mga unang album ni pat metheney were ecm. i have a number of verve records 60s pa pero ang ganda pa rin ng tunog hanggang ngayon.

it's sealed pero mga 1985 release pa - siguro reissue - madaming ganun sa store nina Bobby sa MCS. I happened to also buy a Concord release - a live jazz gig with Joe Pass and Barney Kessel - maganda din pala ang tunog ng mga Concorde kahit nga luma pa. The Santana you bought - imported ba yun? Bihira ang rock na sealed pa...although the first sealed album I bought was Stevie Ray Vaughn's TEXAS FLOOD. It cost an arm and a leg back then in the mid-90's :lol:

Pat Metheny cut his teeth with ECM back when he was just starting. His best albums are the ones he did with that German label - except for one or two ngayon medyo wala nang dating yung mga albums nya when he moved from ECM.

it's sealed pero mga 1985 release pa - siguro reissue - madaming ganun sa store nina Bobby sa MCS. I happened to also buy a Concord release - a live jazz gig with Joe Pass and Barney Kessel - maganda din pala ang tunog ng mga Concorde kahit nga luma pa. The Santana you bought - imported ba yun? Bihira ang rock na sealed pa...although the first sealed album I bought was Stevie Ray Vaughn's TEXAS FLOOD. It cost an arm and a leg back then in the mid-90's :lol:

Pat Metheny cut his teeth with ECM back when he was just starting. His best albums are the ones he did with that German label - except for one or two ngayon medyo wala nang dating yung mga albums nya when he moved from ECM.

ok ang mga concorde na plaka...mostly compilations, duets, reissues. i bought the santana album sa isang maliit na shop sa may avenida rizal. can't remember the name, but it is located on a small alley near the carriedo station. si ronald ang nagdala sa akin dito. don't know if it still exists.

nabanggit mo si srv, ever wonder why a guitarist dies every so many years in a plane crash? buddy holly, ricky nelson, skynyrd's guitarist (and the band), srv, john denver...yeh, medyo nagiging commercialized na si metheney, pero iba pa rin ang gitara niya...para bang matubig. just last week, i heard a single from his latest album sa cd warehouse. listened to the rest of the cuts...but ended up buying miles davis' kind of blue and a muddy waters compilation.

i guess my memory was the apple haircut that i sported then...it was like the movies of weng weng shown everyweek,,the double 0 midget something! heheheh! loved weng weng!!!

Weng-weng is (was?) a neighbor of ours here at Baclaran, Paranaque in the late 70s. There was a karate club near our place called Ben dela cruz karate club, one of the students is weng-weng. In fact Weng-weng used to be a patient of my uncle. kawawa palagi si weng-weng (weng dela cruz in real life) sa mga bata laging niloloko at binabatukan. nang naging artista na si weng-weng lumipat na ng ibang tirahan.