Back To The 70's

hindi pa yata edsa noon, c3 or c4 pa yata noon yan :lol:

EDSA na siya nung 70s kaya lang E. delos Santos Ave. pa ang tawag. Nung panahon ni Makoy ay pinalitan ang mga pangalan ng mga kalsada sa Pinas. Yung Commonwealth ay ginawang Mariano Marcos Ave., yung Dewey ginawang Roxas. Yung MacArthur ginawang Maharlika, etc.

1. What seventies U.S. sitcom spawned hit singles, including "I Think I Love You"?

A. Partridge Family

B. Brady Bunch

C. Wait Till' Your Father Gets Home

D. James at 15

2. Who co-starred with the Bee Gees in the 1976 film version of the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"?

A. John Travolta

B. David Cassidy

C. Peter Frampton

D. Lee Majors

3. Whose 1977 single, "My Way", became his final gold record?

A. Frank Sinatra

B. Elvis Presley

C. Paul Anka

D. Neil Diamond

4. In 1978, who defeated Muhammad Ali for the world heavyweight boxing championship?

A. Joe Frasier

B. George Foreman

C. Sonny Liston

D. Leon Spinks

5. What seventies movie detective is a "bad mother... shut your mouth!"?

A. Shaft.

B. Columbo

C. Marlowe

D. Foxy Brown

heto yung mga tamang sagot (mga 70s pop culture)

1. A. Partridge Family - yes, it's David Cassidy who sang I Think I Love You in the TV series. His half brother Shawn also had a hit song in the 70s - Da Doo Run Run, Shawn Cassidy starred in the tv series Hardy Boys in the 70s

2. C. Peter Framptom - i still have his LP - peter frampton live. anybody here remember Leif Garrett? kamukha siya ni peter frampton. last movie of leif garrett was francis ford coppola's the outsider.

3. B. Elvis Presley - elvis sang paul anka's hit composition 'My Way' in his last concert in july 1977. he died august 16 1977. My Way was first popularized by frank sinatra.

4. D. Leon Spinks - defeated Ali but Muhammad Ali regained the title for the Third time.

5. A. Shaft - composed by Isaac Hayes, seen in the movie Shaft starring richard roundtree (hindi yung samuel l. jackson version). you can hear the words "bad mother....shut your mouth)

saw an elvis pmovie where he sang the live version of my way.

hirap gayahin :lol: :lol:

Would that movie be "That's the way it is," which chronicled an Elvis concert tour (I believe it was a comeback tour)? By then he was already using those familiar white suits (so it must have been the early 1970s). The last time I was able to catch portions of that movie was when we still had Turner Classic Movies/TNT on cable.

yup...but it was Jimi Hendrix that extensively used the "Wah" pedal during this era :)

So sorry for the slight correction but Peter Frampton never used a Wah pedal for the song, "SHOW ME THE WAY". The device, although sounding a bit like a Wah, is actually what is referred to as a Heil Talk Box. A major difference is that while the wah is controlled by the foot, the Talk Box box is controlled by a plastic pipe that the guitar player blows on to produce the sound. The pipe is usually held in place by mounting it in the mic stand. Some people missed seeing this as the pipe is transluscent.

This device's plastic pipe can be seen in pictures and videos of Frampton performing the song. The device was generally used in the seventies but fell out of trend in the 80's and up.

THe Heil Talk Box was recently ressurected when Bon Jovi Guitar player, Ritchie Sambora used the device in the hit song, "ITs MY LIFE". The video also shows Sambora blowing on the pipe to alter the notes coming from his guitar. The difference in the Bon Jovi intro and the Frampton guitar work demonstrates the wonderful versatility of this gadget.

Jimi Hendrix' era was not the 70's technically as he died in September of 1970--although his music and guitar blazing spirit still influences every generation that came next.

Edited by 16track

--- FRIENDS ---

[sigmund, you're a rotten sea monster]

[sigmund you're through!]

[scram, get outta here.]

(Verse 1) There's nothing like a day out on the beach,

When all it does is rain.

You need somebody else to make,

The Sun come out again.

When you find that special someone,

You never expected too.

It'll make you believe in magic,

It could change your life for you.

Talk about,

friends, friends, friends.

Knockin' at you're door,

Thats what friends are for,

Friends when you're young or old,

Everybody needs,

Now,

What's it all about?

Can't live without,

Friends won't let you down,

You gotta have,

(Verse 2) I must admit my life has changed,

Since you came on the sceen.

And everything is twice as nice,

If you know what I mean.

I can't change the way I feel,

And wouldn't if I could.

I never had someone before,

Who made me fell so good.

Now,

What's it all about?

Can't live without,

Friends won't let you down,

You gotta have,

Talk about,

Knockin' at you're door,

Thats what friends are for,

Friends when you're young or old,

Everybody needs,

friends, friends, friends...

sinong naka panood nito?

loved the show

loved (and still love) rip taylor

Buti na lang, pareng storm, Sept. 15 nangyari at hindi 21. Kung hindi, e baka hindi ka nagamutan. :)

Tomorrow is the 32nd Anniversary of the declaraton of Martial law. Ang pakunswelo sa akin ng declaration ng martial law ay konti lang naging absent ko :)

Galing ako kangina sa Orthopedic Hospital sa Banawe for my rehab. Mga pare ko, parang walang nagbago. Bumalik yung trauma ko nung makita ko yung mga batang sinisemento, para akong ninenerbyos na di ko mawari. Tumaas tuloy ang blood pressure ko. :angry: :(

oo nga, sept 21 1972 declaration of ML. mabuti hindi rin tumapat sa sept 11, diba birthday ni macoy yun? sept 11 seems to be a bad omen nowadays :lol:

Malamang pinlano nila yung ML nung b-day ni Mckoy. :evil:

Mga fellow 70s peeps, me EB ang mga kaedad natin sa Thursday lunchtime sa Glorietta, Makati. Please pass by the 36+ group thread. Sana magkita-kita tayo roon. :)

GUY AND PIP , one of the famous loveteams of the early 70s. Clearly a Pinoy 70s icon. Hmmmm.....those diehard Noranian fans must be in their 50s and 60s by now.

Do you folks remember that time when, in the aftermath of typhoon Yuling, Nora Aunor donated a sack of rice for the victims? A lot of people were appalled because Nora Aunor, while still very young, was already considered by then as one of the richest people in showbiz. So they criticized her for donating "just" a sack of rice. Tony Santos, Sr., in one program, angrily came to her defense, saying that a sack of rice was already a big donation. He ended his tirade by shouting, "Hindi kami class! Bakya kami!"

Do you folks remember that time when, in the aftermath of typhoon Yuling, Nora Aunor donated a sack of rice for the victims?  A lot of people were appalled because Nora Aunor, while still very young, was already considered by then as one of the richest people in showbiz. So they criticized her for donating "just" a sack of rice.  Tony Santos, Sr., in one program, angrily came to her defense, saying that a sack of rice was already a big donation.  He ended his tirade by shouting, "Hindi kami class!  Bakya kami!"

"Bakya" became the connotation in the early 70s implying those who supports/worships local loveteams. Mga bakya crowd. "Bakya" evolves into a more refined meaning in later decades such as "Baduy" in the middle and late 70s, "Burgis" in the 80s and presently "Jologs".

the rise of vilma santos, from being a child star in the 60s then a teenage idol in the early 70s seems to threaten Nora's popularity hence the rivalry between Nora Aunor and Vilma Santos. I remember Noranians criticized Vilma's singing as "parang palaka". Vilma later admitted to having a voice of a "palaka" because she told them that her singing stint was for her loyal fans. remember "Sweet 16" ?

I remember the hollywood movie "The Longest Hundred Miles" starring Ricardo Montalban, DOug McClure with Katherine Ross, shot entirely in the PI about a missionary priest whose mission was to evacuate filipino children from the hands of the japanese in world war II. a young Vilma Santos can be seen in that movie.

Edited by Anaheim