Back To The 70's

Hello all, here's the latest version of Name that 70's Tune...please supply the title and artist....sensya na if I got some of the words wrong :

1) Living alone, I think of all the friends I've know. But when I dial the telephone - nobody's home

2) And I know tomorrow will still be the same. Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change.

3) Don’t come a hanging around my door, I don’t want to see your face no more. I got more important things to do...

4) Your folks hoping you'd turn out cool, but they had to take you out of school

5) High school girls with clear skin smiles who married young and then retired

6) You used to think it was so easy, but you're trying, you're trying now

7) Mississippi moon won't you keep on shining on me

8) Get that groove, let it take you higher. Make it move, set this place on fire!

9) Pardon the way that I stare. There nothing else to compare.

10) You might not ever get rich. Let me tell you its better than being a bitch.

11) …that I am not gonna be the one to share your dreams, and I am not gonna be the one to share your schemes

12) Darling if you want me to see, see only you, then see only me

13) A gathering of angels appeared above my head, they sang to me their song of hope and this is what they said

14) Everything has its season, everything has its time. Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme

15) I met her on a Monday and my heart stood still. Somebody told me that her name was Jill

16) Satisfaction, came in a chain reaction, I couldn't get enough, so I had to self destruct

17) Tears on my pillow, wherever you go

18) Sweet dreams and flying machines with pieces on the ground

19) But I can wait forever, helping you to see that I was meant for you and you for me

20) Now I don't mean to make you frown, no I just want you to slow down

21) Maybe I think too much that’s something wrong. There's something hear that doesn’t last too long

22) Now its up to you, we can make a secret rendezvous

23) There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say

24) Who do you think you are? Who do you wanna' be? You're the only one that really knows.

25) If you give a little more than you're asking for your love will turn the key

26) And I was thinking maybe later on, we could get together for a while

27) What a tale my thoughts could tell. Just like on old time movie, 'bout a ghost from a wishing well

28) We've come too far to leave it all behind. How can we end it all this way

29) I can't put bars on my inside, my love is something I can't hide. It still hurts when I recall the times I cried

30) I don’t care where I go when I'm with you, when I cry you don’t laugh cause you know me

31) And just because I called you up, don't get me wrong, don't think you got it made

32) It's my private pleasure, midnight fantasy, someone to share my wildest dreams with me

33) Somebody's trying to make me stay but you know I got to be moving on

34) Travelling twice the speed of sound, its easy to get burned.

35) I want to taste your and lips and make me feel your fantasy

36) Its an ancient chinese art and everybody knew their part

37) Without an umbrella we're soaked to the skin, I feel the shiver run up my spine

38) So let that wonder take you into space, make you wonder its loving embrace

39) Lost and all alone, I always thought that I could make it on my own

40) And I don't know if I'm being foolish, I don't know if I'm being wise, but it's something I must believe in

41) Dreamers only dream, heaven's angel, devil's daughter

42) When you're laying so close to me there's no other place I'd rather you be than with me

43) With you I'm not shy, to show the way I feel. With you I'm not shy, my secrets do reveal

44) I walked the streets of San Francisco. I've tried the rides in Disneyland. Met with a million girls in Sydney...

45) I've been hanging on the phone, I've been slipping all along

46) There's talk on the street it sounds so familiar

47) I got a funny feeling when she walked in the room and I recall it ended much too soon

48) Two people sharing one tear too many. Look around for miracles and no you don’t find any

49) And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit

50) And in this world of people, theres only you and I. There ain't nothing come between us in the end

51) Give you strength to carry on, make your body big and strong

52) Love doesn’t come in a minute. Sometimes it just doesn't come at all.

53) I got so damned depressed that I set my sites on Monday and I got myself undressed

54) You left me here on your way to paradise. You pulled the rug right out from under my life

55) They will never bring you true love, I think you know what I mean

56) If there's a paradise, please tell me where it lies. A love within your eyes is burning.

57) I'm so lonely I've lost my pride, and I've got tears that I can't hide

58) I wasn't looking, but somehow you found me, I tried to hide from your love

59) Once before not long ago it was here to see. Tell me what's been happening to our family

60) Searching but not finding understanding anyway

61) I held her close until the storm passed and we fell down laughing in the wet grass

62) Gumising na, araw ng pagasa'y narito na

63) But I was gone without a trace when the rain blew away

64) Took me away, to long rocky beaches and you by the bay

65) Why'd you tell me this, were you looking for my direction.

66) Yesterday I was one of the lonely people. Now your lying close to me, making love to me

67) I think that any love is good loving. So I took what I could get

68) …stowin’ away the time <-- bonus kay Bods

Hello all, here's the latest version of Name that 70's Tune...please supply the title and artist....sensya na if I got some of the words wrong :

1) Living alone, I think of all the friends I've know. But when I dial the telephone - nobody's home - ALL BY MYSELF (Eric Carmen)

2) And I know tomorrow will still be the same. Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change.

3) Don’t come a hanging around my door, I don’t want to see your face no more. I got more important things to do...

4) Your folks hoping you'd turn out cool, but they had to take you out of school

5) High school girls with clear skin smiles who married young and then retired - SEVENTEEN - Janis Ian

6) You used to think it was so easy, but you're trying, you're trying now

7) Mississippi moon won't you keep on shining on me BLACKWATER - Doobie Bros.

8) Get that groove, let it take you higher. Make it move, set this place on fire!

9) Pardon the way that I stare. There nothing else to compare. - CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU (?)

10) You might not ever get rich. Let me tell you its better than being a bitch.

11) …that I am not gonna be the one to share your dreams, and I am not gonna be the one to share your schemes - CHERISH

12) Darling if you want me to see, see only you, then see only me

13) A gathering of angels appeared above my head, they sang to me their song of hope and this is what they said

14) Everything has its season, everything has its time. Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme - CORNER OF THE SKY (?)

15) I met her on a Monday and my heart stood still. Somebody told me that her name was Jill -DA DOO RON RON

16) Satisfaction, came in a chain reaction, I couldn't get enough, so I had to self destruct

17) Tears on my pillow, wherever you go - EMOTIONS

18) Sweet dreams and flying machines with pieces on the ground - FIRE & RAIN - James Taylor

19) But I can wait forever, helping you to see that I was meant for you and you for me

20) Now I don't mean to make you frown, no I just want you to slow down

21) Maybe I think too much that’s something wrong. There's something hear that doesn’t last too long

22) Now its up to you, we can make a secret rendezvous

23) There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say - HOTEL CALIFORNIA (Eagles)

24) Who do you think you are? Who do you wanna' be? You're the only one that really knows. - I DONT WANNA LOSE YOU

25) If you give a little more than you're asking for your love will turn the key - I JUST WANNA BE YOUR EVERYTHING (Andy Gibb)

26) And I was thinking maybe later on, we could get together for a while -- I REALLY LIKE TO SEE YOU TONIGHT (England Dan & John Ford Coley)

27) What a tale my thoughts could tell. Just like on old time movie, 'bout a ghost from a wishing well - IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND (Disco Version - Viola Willis)

28) We've come too far to leave it all behind. How can we end it all this way

29) I can't put bars on my inside, my love is something I can't hide. It still hurts when I recall the times I cried - EASY Keith Carradine

30) I don’t care where I go when I'm with you, when I cry you don’t laugh cause you know me

31) And just because I called you up, don't get me wrong, don't think you got it made - IM NOT IN LOVE (10CC)

32) It's my private pleasure, midnight fantasy, someone to share my wildest dreams with me

33) Somebody's trying to make me stay but you know I got to be moving on

34) Travelling twice the speed of sound, its easy to get burned.

35) I want to taste your and lips and make me feel your fantasy

36) Its an ancient chinese art and everybody knew their part - KUNG FU FIGHTING Carl Douglas

37) Without an umbrella we're soaked to the skin, I feel the shiver run up my spine - LAUGHTER IN THE RAIN (Neil Sedaka)

38) So let that wonder take you into space, make you wonder its loving embrace

39) Lost and all alone, I always thought that I could make it on my own - LOST WITHOUT YOUR LOVE (Bread)

40) And I don't know if I'm being foolish, I don't know if I'm being wise, but it's something I must believe in

41) Dreamers only dream, heaven's angel, devil's daughter

42) When you're laying so close to me there's no other place I'd rather you be than with me

43) With you I'm not shy, to show the way I feel. With you I'm not shy, my secrets do reveal

44) I walked the streets of San Francisco. I've tried the rides in Disneyland. Met with a million girls in Sydney... - MANILA (Hotdog)

45) I've been hanging on the phone, I've been slipping all along

46) There's talk on the street it sounds so familiar - NEW KID IN TOWN (Eagles)

47) I got a funny feeling when she walked in the room and I recall it ended much too soon

48) Two people sharing one tear too many. Look around for miracles and no you don’t find any - PUT A LITTLE LOVE AWAY - Sergio Mendes & Brazil 77)

49) And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit - RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD - (Burt Bacharach)

50) And in this world of people, theres only you and I. There ain't nothing come between us in the end

51) Give you strength to carry on, make your body big and strong

52) Love doesn’t come in a minute. Sometimes it just doesn't come at all. - SILLY LOVE SONGS (Paul MCartney & Wings)

53) I got so damned depressed that I set my sites on Monday and I got myself undressed - SISTER GOLDEN HAIR - America

54) You left me here on your way to paradise. You pulled the rug right out from under my life

55) They will never bring you true love, I think you know what I mean

56) If there's a paradise, please tell me where it lies. A love within your eyes is burning.

57) I'm so lonely I've lost my pride, and I've got tears that I can't hide - THE HARDER I TRY

58) I wasn't looking, but somehow you found me, I tried to hide from your love - THE SPY WHO LOVED ME ( Carly Simon)

59) Once before not long ago it was here to see. Tell me what's been happening to our family - THERE'S NO LOVE IN THE ROOM

60) Searching but not finding understanding anyway - MASQUERADE

61) I held her close until the storm passed and we fell down laughing in the wet grass

62) Gumising na, araw ng pagasa'y narito na - UMAGANG KAY GANDA

63) But I was gone without a trace when the rain blew away - WAITING FOR LOVE - (Sergio Mendes & Brazil 77)

64) Took me away, to long rocky beaches and you by the bay - WEEKEND IN NEW ENGLAND - (Barry Manilow)

65) Why'd you tell me this, were you looking for my direction.

66) Yesterday I was one of the lonely people. Now your lying close to me, making love to me - SEXY THING (Hot Chocolate)

67) I think that any love is good loving. So I took what I could get

68) …stowin’ away the time <-- bonus kay Bods - REELING IN THE YEARS - (Steely Dan)

SliderRule..that's all i can remember 35 out 0f 68 :unsure:

Edited by augustmoon

Etong alam ko sa ibang songs. Tama ba?

6) You used to think it was so easy, but you're trying, you're trying now - Baker Street - Jerry Rafferty

12) Darling if you want me to see, see only you, then see only me - Get Closer - Seals and Crofts

28) We've come too far to leave it all behind. How can we end it all this way - If you leave me now - Chicago

34) Travelling twice the speed of sound, its easy to get burned. - Just a song before I go - Crosby, Stills, and Nash

40) And I don't know if I'm being foolish, I don't know if I'm being wise, but it's something I must believe in - Love is in the air - Steve Allen (disco version)

55) They will never bring you true love, I think you know what I mean - Somebody warm like me - Billy Davis Jr. and Marilyn McCoo

Ok ang ganitong mga quiz. pantanggal ng Alzheimer's. :upside:

3) Don’t come a hanging around my door, I don’t want to see your face no more. I got more important things to do... American Woman, Guess Who

8) Get that groove, let it take you higher. Make it move, set this place on fire - Boogie Nights

16) Satisfaction, came in a chain reaction, I couldn't get enough, so I had to self destruct - Disco Inferno, The Tramps

19) I can wait forever, helping you to see that I was meant for you and you for me - The Goodbye Girl

30) I don’t care where I go when I'm with you, when I cry you don’t laugh cause you know me - I'm In You, Peter Frampton

38) So let that wonder take you into space, make you wonder its loving embrace - Let Your Love Flow, Bellamy Brothers

42) When you're laying so close to me there's no other place I'd rather you be than with me -Love to Love You Baby, Donna Summer

50) And in this world of people, theres only you and I. There ain't nothing come between us in the end - Shadow Dancing, Andy Gibb

Ito lang ang maitutulong ko.

meron be sa inyong me naitagong album ng soundtrack ng movie na 'sinta'.

sinta was filmed during the 70s. its the movie version of the longest running play of the same title by onofre pagsanjan, annually staged by dulaang bagong sibol of ateneo. it was directed by a 21-yo theater personality named dindo angeles. it starred ariosto reyes and (i forgot the name of the girl). dito rin nagsimula yung tandem ni subas herrero and noel trinidad. musical scorers are ryan cayabyab, quito colayco and bong penera. astig!

it was too way ahead of its time.

and also baka meron sa inyong nakapagtago ng song ni joel navarro na 'swerte swerte lang'

salamat.

Here's the key to the 70's name that tune quiz - thanks !!

1) Living alone, I think of all the friends I've know. But when I dial the telephone - nobody's home - ALL BY MYSELF (Eric Carmen)

2) And I know tomorrow will still be the same. Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change. - Always and Forever - Heatwave

3) Don’t come a hanging around my door, I don’t want to see your face no more. I got more important things to do.... American Woman, Guess Who

4) Your folks hoping you'd turn out cool, but they had to take you out of school - Angie Baby - Helen Reddy

5) High school girls with clear skin smiles who married young and then retired - at SEVENTEEN - Janis Ian

6) You used to think it was so easy, but you're trying, you're trying now - Baker Street - Jerry Rafferty

7) Mississippi moon won't you keep on shining on me - BLACKWATER - Doobie Bros.

8) Get that groove, let it take you higher. Make it move, set this place on fire! - Boogie Nights by Heatwave

9) Pardon the way that I stare. There nothing else to compare. - CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU - Frankie Valli

10) You might not ever get rich. Let me tell you its better than being a bitch. Car wash - Rose Royce

11) …that I am not gonna be the one to share your dreams, and I am not gonna be the one to share your schemes - CHERISH - The Association

12) Darling if you want me to see, see only you, then see only me - Get Closer - Seals and Crofts

13) A gathering of angels appeared above my head, they sang to me their song of hope and this is what they said - Come Sail Away - STYX

14) Everything has its season, everything has its time. Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme - CORNER OF THE SKY (dont know the singer)

15) I met her on a Monday and my heart stood still. Somebody told me that her name was Jill -DA DOO RON RON Shaun Cassidy

16) Satisfaction, came in a chain reaction, I couldn't get enough, so I had to self destruct - Disco Inferno, The Tramps

17) Tears on my pillow, wherever you go - EMOTIONS - Samantha Sang

18) Sweet dreams and flying machines with pieces on the ground - FIRE & RAIN - James Taylor

19) But I can wait forever, helping you to see that I was meant for you and you for me- The Goodbye Girl - David Gates

20) Now I don't mean to make you frown, no I just want you to slow down - Have ypu ever been mellowed - Olivia Newton John

21) Maybe I think too much that’s something wrong. There's something hear that doesn’t last too long - Hello its me - Todd Rundgren

22) Now its up to you, we can make a secret rendezvous - Hot Blooded - Foreigner

23) There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say - HOTEL CALIFORNIA (Eagles)

24) Who do you think you are? Who do you wanna' be? You're the only one that really knows. - I DONT WANNA LOSE YOU The Spinners

25) If you give a little more than you're asking for your love will turn the key - I JUST WANNA BE YOUR EVERYTHING (Andy Gibb)

26) And I was thinking maybe later on, we could get together for a while -- I REALLY LIKE TO SEE YOU TONIGHT (England Dan & John Ford Coley)

27) What a tale my thoughts could tell. Just like on old time movie, 'bout a ghost from a wishing well - IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND (Disco Version - Viola Willis or B.J. Thomas)

28) We've come too far to leave it all behind. How can we end it all this way - If you leave me now - Chicago

29) I can't put bars on my inside, my love is something I can't hide. It still hurts when I recall the times I cried - EASY Keith Carradine

30) I don’t care where I go when I'm with you, when I cry you don’t laugh cause you know me - I'm In You, Peter Frampton

31) And just because I called you up, don't get me wrong, don't think you got it made - IM NOT IN LOVE (10CC)

32) It's my private pleasure, midnight fantasy, someone to share my wildest dreams with me - Imaginary Lover - Atlanta Rhythm Section

33) Somebody's trying to make me stay but you know I got to be moving on - Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band

34) Travelling twice the speed of sound, its easy to get burned.- Just a song before I go - Crosby, Stills, and Nash

35) I want to taste your and lips and make me feel your fantasy - Kiss you all over - Exile

36) Its an ancient chinese art and everybody knew their part - KUNG FU FIGHTING Carl Douglas

37) Without an umbrella we're soaked to the skin, I feel the shiver run up my spine - LAUGHTER IN THE RAIN (Neil Sedaka)

38) So let that wonder take you into space, make you wonder its loving embrace - Let Your Love Flow, Bellamy Brothers

39) Lost and all alone, I always thought that I could make it on my own - LOST WITHOUT YOUR LOVE (Bread)

40) And I don't know if I'm being foolish, I don't know if I'm being wise, but it's something I must believe in - Love is in the air - Steve Allen (disco version)

41) Dreamers only dream, heaven's angel, devil's daughter - LOVE IS THICKER THAN WATER - Andy Gibb

42) When you're laying so close to me there's no other place I'd rather you be than with me -Love to Love You Baby, Donna Summer

43) With you I'm not shy, to show the way I feel. With you I'm not shy, my secrets do reveal - Magnet and Stell - Walter Egan

44) I walked the streets of San Francisco. I've tried the rides in Disneyland. Met with a million girls in Sydney... - MANILA (Hotdog)

45) I've been hanging on the phone, I've been slipping all along - Miss You - The rolling stones

46) There's talk on the street it sounds so familiar - NEW KID IN TOWN (Eagles)

47) I got a funny feeling when she walked in the room and I recall it ended much too soon - Oh! What a Night - Fanki Valli

48) Two people sharing one tear too many. Look around for miracles and no you don’t find any - PUT A LITTLE LOVE AWAY - Sergio Mendes & Brazil 77)

49) And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed, nothing seems to fit - RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD - (Burt Bacharach or BJ Thomas)

50) And in this world of people, theres only you and I. There ain't nothing come between us in the end - Shadow Dancing, Andy Gibb

51) Give you strength to carry on, make your body big and strong - Shining Star - Earth WInd and Fire

52) Love doesn’t come in a minute. Sometimes it just doesn't come at all. - SILLY LOVE SONGS (Paul MCartney & Wings)

53) I got so damned depressed that I set my sites on Monday and I got myself undressed - SISTER GOLDEN HAIR - America

54) You left me here on your way to paradise. You pulled the rug right out from under my life - Smoke from a Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band

55) They will never bring you true love, I think you know what I mean - Somebody warm like me - Billy Davis Jr. and Marilyn McCoo

56) If there's a paradise, please tell me where it lies. A love within your eyes is burning. - Tell me in a Whisper - Sergio Mendes and Brasil 77

57) I'm so lonely I've lost my pride, and I've got tears that I can't hide - THE HARDER I TRY - Free Movement

58) I wasn't looking, but somehow you found me, I tried to hide from your love - THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (Carly Simon)

59) Once before not long ago it was here to see. Tell me what's been happening to our family - THERE'S NO LOVE IN THE ROOM - 5th Dimension

60) Searching but not finding understanding anyway - MASQUERADE - George Benson

61) I held her close until the storm passed and we fell down laughing in the wet grass - Thunder Island - Jay Ferguson

62) Gumising na, araw ng pagasa'y narito na - UMAGANG KAY GANDA - RayAnn Fuentes and Tillie Moreno

63) But I was gone without a trace when the rain blew away - WAITING FOR LOVE - (Sergio Mendes & Brazil 77)

64) Took me away, to long rocky beaches and you by the bay - WEEKEND IN NEW ENGLAND - (Barry Manilow)

65) Why'd you tell me this, were you looking for my direction. - You belong to me - Carly Simon

66) Yesterday I was one of the lonely people. Now your lying close to me, making love to me - SEXY THING (Hot Chocolate)

67) I think that any love is good loving. So I took what I could get - You aint seen nothing yet - Bachman Turner Overdrive

68) …stowin’ away the time <-- bonus kay Bods - REELING IN THE YEARS - (Steely Dan)

Two Gino Vannelli songs on my site... Get it there... It's on MP3 format

Powerful People was one of the first albums I bought and I really wore ot that LP. I was so excited when I bought A Crazy Life, his followup album but it was a bore....not until Storm at Sunup did I regain my interest in Gino V. But Powerful People was such a keeper I bought the CD.

Powerful People was one of the first albums I bought and I really wore ot that LP. I was so excited when I bought A Crazy Life, his followup album but it was a bore....not until Storm at Sunup did I regain my interest in Gino V. But Powerful People was such a keeper I bought the CD.

Actually, Crazy Life came out first in 1973. Powerful People was the sophomore album of Gino Vannelli in 1974. Storm at Sunup came out in 1975. Followed by The Gist of the Gemini (1976), A Pauper in Paradise (1977) and Brother to Brother (1978) which chalked up his biggest hit in his career I Just Wanna Stop (#4 in Billboard Hot 100). He had another album Nightwalker (1981) which brought him his second biggest hit called Living Inside Myself which reached #6 in Billboard Hot 100. In 1985, he came up with Black Cars.

Edited by hitman531ph

Let's try another quiz...name that 70s movie using its synopsis quiz:

1) They are two leaders of the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang. One is all ideas, the other is all action and skill. The west is becoming civilized and when they rob a train once too often, a special posse begins trailing them no matter where they run. Over rock, through towns, across rivers, the group is always just behind them. When they finally escape through sheer luck, one has another idea, "Let's go to Bolivia". Based on the exploits of the historical characters.

2) Father Lankester Merrin is an elderly Catholic priest on an archeological dig in Iraq. Merrin has a sense of foreboding and encounters a number of strange omens, including the unearthing of a series of confusing items, a near miss with a runaway horse drawn carriage, and a clock that stops ticking in mid-stroke. Finally, Merrin discovers a statue of a bizarre figure; although the film does not mention it, it is a representation of a figure known as Pazuzu.

3) A passenger ship, on her way to the scrap yard is pushed to her limits by the new owners to save on the dismantling fees. A tidal wave hits her, flipping her over so that all the internal rooms are upside down. A priest takes a mixed band of survivors on a journey through the bowels of the ship in an attempt to survive.

4) He is a cop in the early 1970s. Unlike all his colleagues, he refuses a share of the money that the cops routinely extort from local criminals. Nobody wants to work with him, and he's in constant danger of being placed in life threatening positions by his "partners". Nothing seems to get done even when he goes to the highest of authorities. Despite the dangers he finds himself in, he still refuses to 'go with the flow', in the hope that one day, the truth will be known

5) Recent college graduate Benjamin Braddock is trapped into an affair with the wife of his father's business partner and then finds himself falling in love with her teenage daughter

6) A Texas greenhorn arrives in New York for the first time. Preening himself as a real 'hustler', he finds that he is the one getting 'hustled' until he teams up with a down-and-out but resilient outcast. The initial 'country cousin meets city cousin' relationship deepens. In their efforts to bilk a hostile world rebuffing them at every turn, this unlikely pair progress from partners in shady business to comrades. Each has found his first real friend.

7) Johnny Hooker, a small time grifter, unknowingly steals from Doyle Lonnegan, a big time crime boss, when he pulls a standard street con. Lonnegan demands satisfaction for the insult. After his partner, Luther, is killed, Hooker flees, and seeks the help of Henry Gondorff, one of Luther's contacts, who is a master of the long con. Hooker wants to use Gondorff's expertise to take Lonnegan for an enormous sum of money to even the score, since he admits he "doesn't know enough about killing to k*ll him." They devise a complicated scheme and amass a talented group of other con artists who want their share of the reparations. The stakes are high in this game, and our heroes must not only deal with Lonnegan's murderous tendencies, but also other side players who want a piece of the action. To win, Hooker and Gondorff will need all their skills...and a fair amount of confidence.

8) A Vietnam vet, a loner in the mean streets of New York City, slipping slowly into isolation and violent misanthropy. In solving his insomnia, he grows increasingly disgusted by the low-lifes that hang out at night: "Someday a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets." His touching attempts to woo Betsy, a Senator's campaign worker, turn sour when he takes her to a porn movie on their first date. He even fails in his attempt to persuade child prostitute Iris to desert her pimp and return to her parents and school. Driven to the edge by powerlessness, he buys four handguns and sets out to assassinate the Senator, heading for the infamy of a 'lone crazed gunman'...

Hmmm...Sliderule.. ok ito ah!

let me see...

1) They are two leaders of the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang. One is all ideas, the other is all action and skill. The west is becoming civilized and when they rob a train once too often, a special posse begins trailing them no matter where they run. Over rock, through towns, across rivers, the group is always just behind them. When they finally escape through sheer luck, one has another idea, "Let's go to Bolivia". Based on the exploits of the historical characters.

- This should be BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Redford utters just before they jump into the river... " I can't swim"..(Theme song was BJ Thomas' Raindrops keep falling on My Head)

2) Father Lankester Merrin is an elderly Catholic priest on an archeological dig in Iraq. Merrin has a sense of foreboding and encounters a number of strange omens, including the unearthing of a series of confusing items, a near miss with a runaway horse drawn carriage, and a clock that stops ticking in mid-stroke. Finally, Merrin discovers a statue of a bizarre figure; although the film does not mention it, it is a representation of a figure known as Pazuzu.

- The EXCORCIST... The power of Christ Compels you!

3) A passenger ship, on her way to the scrap yard is pushed to her limits by the new owners to save on the dismantling fees. A tidal wave hits her, flipping her over so that all the internal rooms are upside down. A priest takes a mixed band of survivors on a journey through the bowels of the ship in an attempt to survive.

- The POSEIDON ADVENTURE. At the end, Ernest Borgnine says.. " That Preacher was right.. that beautiful son of a bitch preacher was right!".. (The them song here was Morning After?)

4) He is a cop in the early 1970s. Unlike all his colleagues, he refuses a share of the money that the cops routinely extort from local criminals. Nobody wants to work with him, and he's in constant danger of being placed in life threatening positions by his "partners". Nothing seems to get done even when he goes to the highest of authorities. Despite the dangers he finds himself in, he still refuses to 'go with the flow', in the hope that one day, the truth will be known

- Very Generic ... hard to pinpoint. Was it 'SERPICO"?

5) Recent college graduate Benjamin Braddock is trapped into an affair with the wife of his father's business partner and then finds himself falling in love with her teenage daughter

- Is this THE GRADUATE? Hofmman sheepishly asks Anne Bancroft....Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?...Theme song was Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel

6) A Texas greenhorn arrives in New York for the first time. Preening himself as a real 'hustler', he finds that he is the one getting 'hustled' until he teams up with a down-and-out but resilient outcast. The initial 'country cousin meets city cousin' relationship deepens. In their efforts to bilk a hostile world rebuffing them at every turn, this unlikely pair progress from partners in shady business to comrades. Each has found his first real friend.

- Heheh-- this can only be the MIDNIGHT COWBOY. Hofman yells... " Hey! I'm crossin here! I'm crossin here! Theme song was Everybody's Talkin About Me.

7) Johnny Hooker, a small time grifter, unknowingly steals from Doyle Lonnegan, a big time crime boss, when he pulls a standard street con. Lonnegan demands satisfaction for the insult. After his partner, Luther, is killed, Hooker flees, and seeks the help of Henry Gondorff, one of Luther's contacts, who is a master of the long con. Hooker wants to use Gondorff's expertise to take Lonnegan for an enormous sum of money to even the score, since he admits he "doesn't know enough about killing to k*ll him." They devise a complicated scheme and amass a talented group of other con artists who want their share of the reparations. The stakes are high in this game, and our heroes must not only deal with Lonnegan's murderous tendencies, but also other side players who want a piece of the action. To win, Hooker and Gondorff will need all their skills...and a fair amount of confidence.

The STING- Newman and Redford one more time with Robert Shaw! The Entertainer was the theme song..

8) A Vietnam vet, a loner in the mean streets of New York City, slipping slowly into isolation and violent misanthropy. In solving his insomnia, he grows increasingly disgusted by the low-lifes that hang out at night: "Someday a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets." His touching attempts to woo Betsy, a Senator's campaign worker, turn sour when he takes her to a porn movie on their first date. He even fails in his attempt to persuade child prostitute Iris to desert her pimp and return to her parents and school. Driven to the edge by powerlessness, he buys four handguns and sets out to assassinate the Senator, heading for the infamy of a 'lone crazed gunman'...

TAXI DRIVER. (You Talkin to me? You talkin to me? Well, there's no one else here.. so you must be talkin to me!)

Edited by 16track
Hmmm...Sliderule.. ok ito ah!

let me see...

- This should be BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Redford utters just before they jump into the river... " I can't swim"..(Theme song was BJ Thomas' Raindrops keep falling on My Head)

- The EXCORCIST... The power of Christ Compels you!

- The POSEIDON ADVENTURE. At the end, Ernest Borgnine says.. " That Preacher was right.. that beautiful son of a bitch preacher was right!".. (The them song here was Morning After?)

- Very Generic ... hard to pinpoint. Was it 'SERPICO"?

- Is this THE GRADUATE? Hofmman sheepishly asks Anne Bancroft....Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?...Theme song was Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel

- Heheh-- this can only be the MIDNIGHT COWBOY. Hofman yells... " Hey! I'm crossin here! I'm crossin here! Theme song was Everybody's Talkin About Me.

The STING- Newman and Redford one more time with Robert Shaw! The Entertainer was the theme song..

TAXI DRIVER. (You Talkin to me? You talkin to me? Well, there's no one else here.. so you must be talkin to me!)

Perfect 7 out of 7....you're right 16 masyado ngang generic yung Serpico. D ka man lang pinawisan, sige I'll look for more 70s classics and make it a little tougher for you next time .... cheers and happy holidays mates...

Thanks bro!

heheh! I recently saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV the other week and just a few days ago, Sound of Music was also on.

Hmmmm.. anybody care to share/ discuss Musicals we saw in the 70's? I know many of them were made earlier but I'm guessing most of us saw them in the 70's as well.

1. CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG

2. SOUND OF MUSIC

3. FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

4. JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

5. 7 WIVES FOR 7 BROTHERS

6. FINIAN's RAINBOW

7. WEST SIDE STORY

8. GREASE!

Care to add more?

Edited by 16track
meron be sa inyong me naitagong album ng soundtrack ng movie na 'sinta'.

sinta was filmed during the 70s. its the movie version of the longest running play of the same title by onofre pagsanjan, annually staged by dulaang bagong sibol of ateneo. it was directed by a 21-yo theater personality named dindo angeles. it starred ariosto reyes and (i forgot the name of the girl). dito rin nagsimula yung tandem ni subas herrero and noel trinidad. musical scorers are ryan cayabyab, quito colayco and bong penera. astig!

it was too way ahead of its time.

and also baka meron sa inyong nakapagtago ng song ni joel navarro na 'swerte swerte lang'

salamat.

The ingenue's name was CATHY MELENDRES(Z). She is currently one of the singers in a 70's band .. I forgot the name.

Thanks bro!

heheh! I recently saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on TV the other week and just a few days ago, Sound of Music was also on.

Hmmmm.. anybody care to share/ discuss Musicals we saw in the 70's? I know many of them were made earlier but I'm guessing most of us saw them in the 70's as well.

1. CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG

2. SOUND OF MUSIC

3. FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

4. JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

5. 7 WIVES FOR 7 BROTHERS

6. FINIAN's RAINBOW

7. WEST SIDE STORY

8. GREASE!

Care to add more?

HAIR, but I think I saw this in the 80s na. If you remember in the good old elementary days in Pasig, pag may magandang palabas sa sinehan, all elementary students would troop to the cinema (Pasig Theatre I think) together with the teachers. And this is on a school day - official school activity. That's when we saw CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, Finian's Rainbow and Brother Sun Sister Moon.

'chitty chitty bangbang' seems to be made to replicate the box office hit of 'mary poppins'. para sa mga di nakaka alam 'mary poppins' starred julie andrews and dick van dyke. dick van dyke starred in chitty...in the film chitty chitty bang bang there's a musical number there entitled 'the old bamboo' (i think) that reminded me (or us) of the 'steppin time' musical number in poppins.,,,very familiar and quite similar. of course the actress who played truly scrumptious was mold to the likes of julie andrews. nakita nyo ba si benny hill dun sa chitty ? he's the toy maker there....of course sinong mga batang 70s ang hindi makakalimot sa the benny hill show shown late 70s and early 80s...late at night pa.

jesus christ superstar...ted neely yung jesus sa movie version, anderson yung black judas...yvonne elliman as mary magdalene...yvonne elliman din ang mary magdalene sa broadway version prior to the movie version. sikat si nora aunor nuong ealry 70s at kasikatan ng jesus christ superstar nuon kaya naging label kay nora ang word na 'superstar'. yvonne elliman sang the song 'if i can't have you' which was used in the travolta film 'saturday night fever', the iconic film of the late 70s.

7 wives for 7 brothers...one of the brothers rush tamblyn,,,same guy na mahusay mag tambling sa west side story.

finian's rainbow of course is a francis ford coppola musical. i like the song 'devil's moon' there with petula clark. tommy steel was the leprecaun there and he later starred in 'half a sixpence' , man napanuod ko lahat sa sine yan. finian's rainbow is a 60s film hehehe hindiappropriate dito sa thread na to, oks lang. fred astaire also in finian;s rainbow, he later co-starred in towering inferno in the mid 70s with paul newman and steve mcqueen...remember bayani casimiro ? fred astaire of the philippines

sound of music , 60s din hehehe favorite ng lola ko at napanuod ko rin ito sa sine mismo hehehe bata pa ako nuon, yes you guess it, teenager ako nuong 70s wahahahaha