Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

oh thanks. actually, more of our clients kasi mas gusto yung second hand computers. yung complete set na.. tapos yung iba naman, gusto magpaassemble. though ineexplain naman namin sa kanila yung risk ng mga 2nd hands, mas mura daw kasi and office and net browsing lang ang kelangan nila so di na masyado kelangan pa ng mas mabibilis.

since mga brand new talaga ang kinukuha namin for our own business, wala ko masyado alam na makukuhanan ng 2nd hand.

baka naman may alam ka daklesse, share mo naman sakin ;) ..

oh thanks. actually, more of our clients kasi mas gusto yung second hand computers. yung complete set na.. tapos yung iba naman, gusto magpaassemble. though ineexplain naman namin sa kanila yung risk ng mga 2nd hands, mas mura daw kasi and office and net browsing lang ang kelangan nila so di na masyado kelangan pa ng mas mabibilis.

since mga brand new talaga ang kinukuha namin for our own business, wala ko masyado alam na makukuhanan ng 2nd hand.

baka naman may alam ka daklesse, share mo naman sakin ;) ..

you can get 2nd hand computers at pcx surplus - branches at new manila, shaw blvd, etc.; hmr philippines, somewhere in mandaluyong, i think or eqmi along e. rodriguez sr. ave near st joseph college

shiesa, you can try, HMR. meron sa may Boni, meron din sa Sucat. Sa kanila nanggagaling ang mga binibenta sa mga SOS (save on surplus) shops sa malls. You can get anything there in surplus, from computers to aircons, refs, TV, even cellfone chargers and cameras, and house decors as well as toys!

I read from some reliable source that indeed virus can be embedded sa jpeg files. pero yun thoery seems to be like Microsoft's tech support. which is technically Correct but completely useless. So I guess there is no need to be paranoid so far. as to where I read it, nalimutan ko na, sa cert yata. try mo www.cert.org

Pwede ba magtanong ng tungkol sa linux dito?

haaaay sorry ngayon lang ako nakabawi sa posts....

as for jpeg viruses ito yung thing dun

there are programs i think embedders ang tawag dun that connects .exe . bat files to .jpg to make it into one bigger .jpg file that when double clicked (or maybe run by ACDsee or something) activates the embedded program thus launching the virus encoded inside....

I read from some reliable source that indeed virus can be embedded sa jpeg files. pero yun thoery seems to be like Microsoft's tech support. which is technically Correct but completely useless. So I guess there is no need to be paranoid so far. as to where I read it, nalimutan ko na, sa cert yata. try mo www.cert.org

Pwede ba magtanong ng tungkol sa linux dito?

ayan babawi na ako ulit.... as for jpg viruses there are downloadable programs that embedds a .exe, .com and .bat file on a jpg taht when double clicked the virus is launcched...one thing to look out for is the size of the jpg, pag umabot na nang 300kb pataas baka may trojan na so just to be sure BACK UP YOUR DATA na lang....

as for linux hindi ako expert pero i'll try to answer if i can

mga bro tell me if this is just a glitch or a normal occurrence...

my pc is a p4 1.6Ghz and if you try to look everywhere it will say so... from the bootup to the hardware device of the control panel and from other utilities...

the thing is if i right click on the "My Computer" icon and select the properties it sometimes displays conflicting speeds... like it will display

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

then doing the same procedure a minute or so after, it will display

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

i'm not really concerned about this, just being curious...

are these speeds the rated speed and actual speed (at the time of display) which is why it displays conflicting data???

ano specs nang PC mo like board, Bios, etc....

Paano ba iyong carding?

hmmmm...... ok bakit in the old days (97-98) people used credit card generators pero ngayon up na ang security kaya may icvv2 encryption sa likod nang card (last 3 digits sa likod) i'm not sure kung na crack na yun pero best bet ko kung madami na ang nakakagawa is either may software taht generates all the required info or mga hackers talaga that posts credit card info sa IRC / WEB i may be wrong...(haven't tried that eh medyo hehehe wala lang ethics)

i use xp OS on the old hdd...

i installed partition magic pro (newest version supports xp) to copy the whole thing to the new hdd... so same copy dba? then pag ka install dun sa new pc, resize the partition using same software. It boots fine naman, although had to reactivate office xp kasi drastic ang change sa pc.

but you cannot copy the boot sector, yung laman kaya. sa partition magic ba may option to make a hard disk bootable sa xp?

tanong lang po...

may Philippine laws ba regarding unpaid phone bills? land line or cellular line?

may nagsabi kasi sa akin na wala daw habol mga kumpanya dito kasi wala pa naman daw laws.

Meron.... under ordinary contracts for subscription of telephone lines or cellular communication lines pag di ka nagbayad.. you will be sued for ordinary action for colection of sum of money. If upon invstigation it appears that you have the criminal intention to defraud the telepehone company.. particulalrly if your actions has all the elements of estafa... then kakasuhan ka ng estafa...

Kaya wag balasubas... mag bayad ng utang upang mapagkatiwalaan... hehehehehe

Butsoy

tanong lang po...

may Philippine laws ba regarding unpaid phone bills? land line or cellular line?

may nagsabi kasi sa akin na wala daw habol mga kumpanya dito kasi wala pa naman daw laws.

Actually, for those contracts which are not governed by any special law, there is always a catch all phrase in the general laws that would state that where the contract is not governed by any special law, the general law will apply. In this case, this may fall directly under the regular laws on contracts, credit transactions and/or criminal law.

It does not pay to think that because there is no law, there would be no liability. Especially if the opinion was given by a non-lawyer. ;) The same thing was said before when shabu first came out and it was said that since the dangerous drugs act did not specifically name shabu as one of the prohibited or regulated drug, it was legal. :unsure: But we all know that despite this absence, users and pushers were still prosecuted.

tanong lang po...

Pare,

In any country, if you don't pay your bills, you will be sued based on the contract. Anyway, when you signed up for the post paid account, you signed an agreement.

Lord Butsoy is right, if there are elements of estafa, you will be charged criminally pa, although it is easier to defend. ;)

totoo po bang walang nakukulong dahil sa utang?????

yung phone bill namin sa pldt dati lumaki, pinaputol.

nakapangalan pa sa lolo ko yun nun.

wala namang naghahabol so ok na kaya kami????

anyway patay na si lolo, d naman transferable ang mga utang dba???

This question is actually several questions which can be answered as follows:

1) Yes, walang nakukulong sa utang, at least not because there is a debt per se. But if there is fraud in the non-payment of the debt, then you could get into jail but not because of the debt, but because of the fraud that created the debt (hence estafa).

2) Debt's are normally non-transferrable. However, the heirs of a deceased can be made liable for the debt of the deceased person to the extent of the inheritance that the heir received.

3) With respect to the phone bills, while the phone is in the name of your lolo, if pldt can prove that the phone line was being used by the household it was connected to, then they can make the resident of that household liable for the debt. (Best look at your application for the line and you will see that condition). However, the chances that they would be able to establish this is very slim. While the debt exists, it may be difficult to collect from you. Most of the time, if the amount is not large, they will just write it off.

my pc is a p4 1.6Ghz and if you try to look everywhere it will say so... from the bootup to the hardware device of the control panel and from other utilities...

the thing is if i right click on the "My Computer" icon and select the properties it sometimes displays conflicting speeds... like it will display

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

are these speeds the rated speed and actual speed (at the time of display) which is why it displays conflicting data???

i'm using HP Omnibook XT6200

P4 @ 1.6Ghz

32mb video

512mb DDR

Phoenix Bios4 version6 (if i'm not mistaken)

factor ba kung medyo matagal na din yung utang?

actually ganito kasi nangyari:

late 1999 or early 2000 e binenta ko yung cell phone ko kasama yung sim, w/c is a post-paid account. malapit na flight ko palabas ng pinas nung time na yon kaya di ko naipalipat ng name yung account. pagbalik ko, di rin kami agad nagkita nung binentahan ko. and since relative naman di ko agad inasikaso.

ang nangyari e nag-switch siya sa pre-paid but before doing so e ginamit na niya yung post-paid. nung una e binabayaran pa niya yun kaso medyo napalaki yata yung babayaran niya kaya nag-switch siya to prepaid. problema e nasa pangalan ko pa.

ano ba ang elements para maging estafa?

ang dapat ko na lang bang gawin e pagbayarin ko yung relative ko dun sa service provider?

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

P4 @ 1.6Ghz

32mb video

512mb DDR

ok.... looks like refresh setting lang yun pero dapat it shouldn't i suggest running some softwares like sisoft sandra to benchmark your system just to be sure.

pero i'm still trying to search sa web regarding this....so far wala pa akong nahahagilap eh so baka BIOS issue lang yan (refresh or display bug)

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

P4 @ 1.6Ghz

32mb video

512mb DDR

ok.... looks like refresh setting lang yun pero dapat it shouldn't i suggest running some softwares like sisoft sandra to benchmark your system just to be sure.

pero i'm still trying to search sa web regarding this....so far wala pa akong nahahagilap eh so baka BIOS issue lang yan (refresh or display bug)

thanks bro... nd ko pa rin makita kung may related issues sa web eh...

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

P4 @ 1.6Ghz

32mb video

512mb DDR

thanks bro... nd ko pa rin makita kung may related issues sa web eh...

bro, one techie russian officemate told me that it's the rated and actual speeds... and it's related to when the cooler or fan is working or not... if it is, then the actual speed will be quite slower... and at start up it is most likely that the computer will not run at it's rated speed... that's the explanation he gave me... i think my hunch is correct but i'll still look out for the answers...

Try to download Wcpuid from http://www.h-oda.com/

Just a small tool ... but not for benchmarking tests ... B)

shooter bro, medyo nd ako comfortable mag-download sa mga sites ng independent developers eh... medyo risky... there are lots of trojan programs being written nowadays and market it for free because they are being used to access personal information... still, thanks for the info... trusted site ba un???