Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

That's correct. Please note however that there is a difference between being arrested and being "invited" to the police station for questioning. These two things tend to get confused and raising issues on why a person is being arrested may be premature considering that the police may simply say that no one is being arrested yet. Just be careful. In the event they do detain anyone without justifiable reason, you can file a counter charge of illegal detention. Likewise, given the time fram involved, there may already be a prescription of the criminal offense, especially if no charge has yet been filed in court.

I read from some reliable source that indeed virus can be embedded sa jpeg files. pero yun thoery seems to be like Microsoft's tech support. which is technically Correct but completely useless. So I guess there is no need to be paranoid so far. as to where I read it, nalimutan ko na, sa cert yata. try mo www.cert.org

Pwede ba magtanong ng tungkol sa linux dito?

It depends on the renderer. almost all apps used to view images does not do these kinds of rendering,...yet.

its just like what viewers do with watermarks or progressive JPEGs.

essentially,... the image itself cannot do infections, its the one reading those images.

UNIX pwede rin. I'm sure marami ding gurus dito. :D

Arrested is when a warrant of arrest is served upon an accused or if he/ she is accosted while committing, is about to commit or actually committed a crime. the accused cannot resist a valid arrest.

Invited is as the word itself implies... you can resist an invitation by asking the police officer concerned if invited, ..."Can I refuse your invitation?" if he says no then answer him... show me my warrant of arrrest or I will call Freelicker... hehehehe

Mga Guru ... baka naman may tip or advice kayo dito sa problema ko.

Currently kase, I am using WinXp Pro OS. I wanted to transfer my H/D (loaded w/ WinXP OS) to another CPU with different H/W with my previous one when I set-up my XP. I know that it will not run :evil: , BUT Is there a way ba to (re) configure (my WinXP OS?) to let it run with my new CPU having a different H/W? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Thanx v-much, :)

k lang yan

it will run

you need the new pc's drivers though

Currently kase, I am using WinXp Pro OS. I wanted to transfer my H/D (loaded w/ WinXP OS) to another CPU with different H/W with my previous one when I set-up my XP. I know that it will not run :evil: , BUT Is there a way ba to (re) configure (my WinXP OS?) to let it run with my new CPU having a different H/W? :unsure: :rolleyes:

k lang yan

it will run

you need the new pc's drivers though

ok sir cypher, will try this weekend. thanks.

Pareng lynx! Buti naman napadpad ka dito sa Computer thread namin! Pull up a chair, stay awhile and listen ika nga ni Caine sa Diablo ehehehe...

yo evil ash...

thanks sa pag welcome! glad to be onboard!!!

ngayun lang ako naka post uli dito sa thread hehehe

btw anu anu specs ng pc nyu? la lang ...

Edited by lynx
Guest EvilAsh

lynx,

Basta ikaw pare! Kailan ka pupunta ng EB? Sama ka sa akin next time para makilala ka ng mga taga MTC!

My PC Specs:

P4 1.7

CoolJag CPU fan which used to spin at 4000+RPM but is now chugging along at 2000+RPM after 6 months. :(

Epox 4BDEA

LeadTek Geforce4 Ti4200

2x128MB Generic DDR Ram

LiteOn 32x CDRW

40GB 7200RPM Maxtor

and the Coupe de Grace...my lian li casing. Not sure of the Model Number as it was sold to me used. It's a full tower with a plexiglass. It came with the following installed:

400 Watt HEC Power Supply

Thermaltake CoolMod (but 2 of the LEDs are broken :( )

Hardcano 5 HDD cooler (S-W-E-E-T)

A strange orange florescent light thingie that is honestly useless to me. If I turn it on it blinds me when I'm using the PC. Looks wicked tho :)

Guest EvilAsh

After the MTC doctor's EB maybe we can organize our own EB dito sa mga posters ng Computar thread. Since tayo ay taga IT pwedeng i-skip na yung wholesome EB at straight na sa mga KTV bars ehehehehhe. Yung mga lawyers at doctors kasi medyo disenta pa ang dating. Tayo manyak na talaga :P

if your using the pirated version ng winxp, you can do it without problems, just transfer the drive to another pc and make it boot there. kung orig xp mo, you can always, reactivate it.

i tried it already and it works. meyron akong 2.5g na may xp, then copy ko sya sa new hdd, ayun using the new hdd on the same pc, replacing the old one, ayun gumana!

:)

tanong ko lang, kasi hindi detailed kung paano mo copy yung lumang hard disk.

anong os ang gamit mo to copy the old to the new? xp din ba?

how did you format the new hard disk? using ntos?

how did you make the new hard disk bootable sa ntos?

doesn't really matter if pirate or not yung xp os mo, just as long as you edit the registry to make windows think that you have successfully registered it.

regedit,hkey local machine,software,microsoft,windows nt,currentversion,

change regdone value from nothing to 1.

i use xp OS on the old hdd...

i installed partition magic pro (newest version supports xp) to copy the whole thing to the new hdd... so same copy dba? then pag ka install dun sa new pc, resize the partition using same software. It boots fine naman, although had to reactivate office xp kasi drastic ang change sa pc.

meager pc specs ko mejo mababa lang pero still usable.

P3-667 AT Casing 250W PSU

HIS M17-F Apollopro133 mainboard w/buitin sound

512 MB PC-133 SDRAM

CDRW 4x4x32

LG CDrom

Maxtor D540x 60Gig HDD

Samsung 10gig HDD

Sony Multiscan 17sfII - 17 in trinitron

nvdia TNT2M64 - still usable dont play much games

next time pag maraming pera upgrade uli hehe baka 2.4ghz p4 kunin ko heheh

mga bro tell me if this is just a glitch or a normal occurrence...

my pc is a p4 1.6Ghz and if you try to look everywhere it will say so... from the bootup to the hardware device of the control panel and from other utilities...

the thing is if i right click on the "My Computer" icon and select the properties it sometimes displays conflicting speeds... like it will display

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.20 GHz

512 MB of RAM

then doing the same procedure a minute or so after, it will display

Mobile CPU 1.60GHz

1.60Ghz

512 MB of RAM

i'm not really concerned about this, just being curious...

are these speeds the rated speed and actual speed (at the time of display) which is why it displays conflicting data???

hmm... lumalaki na itong computer thread a, dapat magka eb nga ang mga ng popost dito. pwedi tayong mag LAN party!

ok ako dyan! kaso wala pa akong pc... :(

sold my last pc w/c was an old PII... medyo nagkaproblema sa finance e. tagal ko nang nagbalak mag-upgrade/bumili ng bago kaso medyo "struggling" ako ngayon.

sana matapos na dilubyo ko sa buhay at nang makapag-assemble ulit.

oi, baka naman me alam kayong murang 2nd hand surplus ng computer specs.. dito lang sa may las pinas and paranaque. di kaya kayo, baka nagsesales kayo, penge nman ng quotation. :)

if you are going to use it for internet browsing lang, you might as well just buy a thrift pc package. Buying surplus or second hand computers are cheap at first, but the maintenance will cost you more.

Before posting my reply, I did some computation on the cheapest possible computer you can have. ANd you can get a set of computer at Php 14,500:

AMD950Mhz, 20GB, 128 SDRAM, 56kmodem, avr, atx casing, speaker, mouse and keyboard, with 14" color monitor!

Price is valid feb 22 to feb 25 only (nagva vary kasi ang cost)

so why get a P10,000 worth surplus (cheapest not so outdated set) and pay for the consequences later, if you can buy a brand new one?