Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

anybody ever seen this error in windows xp? windows cannot start due to missing or corrupt file c:windows/system32/config/system It's driving me nuts!!! I've gone throught a process of elimination with my hardware and drivers but it keeps happening every so often, i've had to repair my xp 3 times this week already. HELP!!!! :blink:

sa memory yan, baka kasi ganito ang nangyayari dyan, napupunta sa defective memory address ang file na yan kaya everytime nacocorrupt sya, pwede rin naman na napupunta sa bad cluster sa hdd ang file or sa pagkainstall ng os mo ang problema... hope these will help you...

I just connected another computer to our network and I assigned an IP address to it already but it can't see shares across the network nor find computers in the workgroup. It worked with the network before. I'm using XP Pro in all of them. Please help! :cry: :cry:

havent used xp nowadays, but here goes... since you said that you can see the other computers thru the newly installed computer, do you have a PDC (primary domain controller, a computer which have all the user names and permissioning or rights) if not you have to set users on all the computers (each computer would have a copy of all the users on your network) on your network so they can have trust relationship, they can see each other and share resources. also try to see if you have set/installed the file/print sharing for newly installed computer. hope this work... if not will check more for the problem...

I just connected another computer to our network and I assigned an IP address to it already but it can't see shares across the network nor find computers in the workgroup. It worked with the network before. I'm using XP Pro in all of them. Please help! :cry: :cry:

sir oral,

be sure check the that the cables are properly connected. assuming they are properly connected to the hub/switch, check if the port led indicators on the switch panel are on. also, since you've assigned ip address, check for connectivity using the ping command. if it still doesn't work, try installing the netbeui protocol since this is main protocol for windows networking. you didn't mention any domain so i'm assuming the pc's are in a workgroup lang, tama ba?

anyway, good luck :)

I tried rebooting. Both the server and the new computer. the server detects the new onethrough a search and by browsing the workgroup. I can't browse or search for other computers with the new computer tho. I don't get it... :unsure:

ahh, i see. hmm. try installing the NETBEUI protocol. that should work.. i guess :D

From what you said, it doesn't not look like estafa. Estafa requires kaliwaan. Meaning, from the very beginning, you were out to defraud the victim, in this case, the phone company.

If you had a good paying history prior to "giving" your sim, then you will not probably be sued criminally for estafa. That rarely happens naman.

But against your relative, you may have a cause of action against him. Since you have the bills and if you can prove that you were out of the country during the time he made those calls, you can ask him to pay for those bills. It would be unfair for you to pay for his calls. But it is not worth filing an actual case. Just use his conscience if he has one. Even if you pay the bill yourself, you can still run after him for paying his debt.

As to the phone company, they only know you as the user. You can't make your relative as an excuse in not paying the phone bills. I don't want to say pay it first, but if you do, you will look good with the phone company. I am not sure about this but I think the phone companies share info on deliquent users. It is good to have a good credit history. Bad bill payments could haunt you in the future.

:unsure:

oic... akala ko estafa basta P10T pataas ang amount...

salamat sa mga tulong niyo... galing talaga ng MTC! :D

isa pa...

mababa lang yung plan ko noon e... wala pa yata P500/mo.

di ba dapat hindi umabot ng libo-libo yung bill at ika-cut nila kung masyado ng malaki?

sobrang tagal na nun kaya di ko masyado matandaan e... pero P2500 yata yung max at dapat maputol kapag nag-exceed

tapos ang hindi nabayaran daw ng relative ko e mga between 5 and 8K... di na dapat umabot dun di ba? dapat na-cut na?

pero 5 digits na yung sinisingil....

ano yun, may interest na???

worst case na hindi mabayaran, ano ang magiging kaso ko dito??? :cry:

Saint,

With your outstanding bill with the phone company, there can never be estafa.

On the deal with your relative, since you did not inform the phone company that you gave away your sim, as far as they are concerned, you have been using that number.

The worst they can do is sue for collection. They might first refer your debt to a collection agency. If still no response, you will receive a demand letter from a law firm representing the collection agency or phone company (which I doubt).

As far as the collection case is concerned, your generosity to your relative is not a solid defense. It is like an alibi which is the weakest form of defense. Better shoot that relative of yours in the foot. (Just kidding).

On a business note, the phone companies are making so much money now, they might be too busy to sue you.

:evil:

AAAGGGHHH!!! NETBEUI?!? I'll have to install that in each computer then... :cry: :cry: :cry: How about setting up a primary domain controller? Can I do that with XP Pro? :unsure:

ahhh, don't panic muna sir, hehehe :)

try installing it on the new pc muna, i'm assuming the other PCs have that installed already.

install it then see if it can access the other shares.

regarding setting up the pdc, u need a win2k server or advanced server or the windows .net server to set it up... anyway, just try installing netbeui on the new pc and lets see what happens. :D

try installing it on the new pc muna, i'm assuming the other PCs have that installed already.

regarding setting up the pdc, u need a win2k server or advanced server or the windows .net server to set it up... anyway, just try installing netbeui on the new pc and lets see what happens. :D

yes. NETBEUI lang for a simple network config cguradong magkakakitaan na lahat yan.... Its a Microsoft network protocol kse eh.... TCP/IP is much faster tho'.

Doc, i see your problem.

There is no problem with the connection since you can surf using the proxy server from your XP server.

+++

Since you entered a specific IP address, can you doublecheck the ip address you enetered? Is it with the same netmask as your network? Here are possible things that occured.

example: your network may have the following ip table: 192.168.1.1 ~ 255 with netmask 255.255.255.0

and you accidentally entered a valid IP address but different netmask (probably something like 255.255.225.0)

+++

You can try to ping the Sever via its IP address and its UNC (universal Naming Convention) address.

Example:

1. Ping 192.168.0.1 (Considering thats your server's IP ADD) There must be a ping reply

2. Ping XPSERVER (considering the computer name is XPSERVER) There must be a ping reply

+++

You can also try to ping the ip addres of the computer you are trying to access a share from. If you can successfully ping the computer but you cannot access it using UNC, then something might be wrong with your NETBIOS or the DNS server feature of your XP server is not okay.

+++

Try also to check if you accidentally added more than one TCP/IP protocol for one LAN Card, if so, delete them both and add a new TCP/IP protocol.

+++

You might also have some firewalls enabled in your computer that hijacks or blocks request from other computers. Try to disable them first and check if they are interferring.

There are a lot of things that migh have gone wrong, it would be better if you can try those steps first...or you can also try to uninstall and install your LAN card.

+++

You can also try to check, maybe your computer is running on 10BaseT and your network is on 100BaseT or the opposite.

+++

Dont forget to check if you have conflicted IP address in your network.

Hope this helps.. PM me if you still cant make it.

yes. NETBEUI lang for a simple network config cguradong magkakakitaan na lahat yan.... Its a Microsoft network protocol kse eh.... TCP/IP is much faster tho'.

unfortunately NETBUI is not a native protocol in Windows XP. If you try to add other protocols, NETBEUI is not in the list.

sirs patulong naman,

i just had sex with a minor.. almost 17 (she looked matured kasi eh, parang 21 na). and now nokokonsensya ako.. i honestly never really intended to do it pero the circumstances that happened led to us doing it. i only planned to meet her, kain lang kami then ihahatid ko na sa kanila.. problema, pagdating sa dorm nya, nasaraduhan na sya. maaga pa sana kami kaya lang one goodnight kiss led to another so nagtagal kami sa loob ng kotse (petting lang). before we knew it, lampas na pala sa curfew nya. so di ko alam kung ano ang gagawin, alangan namang iwan ko na lang sya dun.. so no choice kami but to check in sa motel. alam nya kinakabahan ako kasi nga minor sya and i told her about my fears, tawa lang sya (sabi nya lagi daw nangyayari yun with her bf).. there it happened (2x pa) and virgin pa sya, di ko alam kung alang nangyayari sa kanila ng bf nya or what.. i dont know what came over me pero i did not use any protection.. buti na lang kahit papano i had the sense to withdraw before i came.. pero i know its still not safe dahil di ko alam kung nag precum ako. and di rin sya safe based o her monthly period.. now i cant work kaiisip, what if mabuntis sya. mayaman pa naman. im sure pag nangyari yun pakukulong ako ng magulang nun. I know i was wrong (kahit na alam ko na sineduce din nya ako) so please wag nyo na ipamuka sakin yun.. i dont know whats bothering me more, kung nakokonsensya ako sa ginawa ko or yung takot na baka mabuntis sya at makulong ako.. pareho siguro.. now i have to wait till she gets her next period para sigurado.. problema pag nadelay sya.. ano ba pwede kong gawin?

need help please..

Edited by tracie

unfortunately NETBUI is not a native protocol in Windows XP. If you try to add other protocols, NETBEUI is not in the list.

daklesse, you are correct but there you can install the ipx/spx netbios compatible protocol... since netbios and netbeui are similar protocols and both operate over udp/ip.

Doc, i see your problem.

There is no problem with the connection since you can surf using the proxy server from your XP server.

Nope. No problem there. I actively surf using the new computer.

Since you entered a specific IP address, can you doublecheck the ip address you enetered? Is it with the same netmask as your network? Here are possible things that occured.

example: your network may have the following ip table:  192.168.1.1 ~ 255 with netmask 255.255.255.0

and you accidentally entered a valid IP address but different netmask (probably something like 255.255.225.0)

Checked it. It's the same. :(

You can try to ping the Server via its IP address and its UNC (universal Naming Convention) address.

Example:

1. Ping 192.168.0.1  (Considering thats your server's IP ADD) There must be a ping reply

2. Ping XPSERVER (considering the computer name is XPSERVER) There must be a ping reply

Ping works perfectly from the new computer to the server but I get a time out when I ping from the server to the computer. :(

You can also try to ping the ip addres of the computer you are trying to access a share from. If you can successfully ping the computer but you cannot access it using UNC, then something might be wrong with your NETBIOS or the DNS server feature of your XP server is not okay.

What could be wrong with NETBIOS? How do I fix it?

Try also to check if you accidentally added more than one TCP/IP protocol for one LAN Card, if so, delete them both and add a new TCP/IP protocol.

Just one protocol. Hmm...

You might also have some firewalls enabled in your computer that hijacks or blocks request from other computers. Try to disable them first and check if they are interferring.

Ok, just tried it. No luck. :cry:

There are a lot of things that migh have gone wrong, it would be better if you can try those steps first...or you can also try to uninstall and install your LAN card.

Tried installing and uninstalling to no avail...

You can also try to check, maybe your computer is running on 10BaseT and your network is on 100BaseT or the opposite.

Nope. Running full speed ahead...

No conflicts either. And NETBEUI isn't installed in any of the computers. :cry:.

hmm, doc oral, teka papano ba to.. u say na nag titimeout when pinging from the server to the host.

can you describe ur server? is it a windows 2000 server/advanced server?

since medyo naeliminate na natin yung ibang factors.. medyo mahirap na ito i troubleshoot. well, if any of the mtc members can come over and take a look at it that would be better kasi hands on. but we'll still try to help online. *sigh...

Doc, i see your problem.

Nope. No problem there. I actively surf using the new computer.

example: your network may have the following ip table:  192.168.1.1 ~ 255 with netmask 255.255.255.0

Checked it. It's the same. :(

You can try to ping the Server via its IP address and its UNC (universal Naming Convention) address.

Example:

1. Ping 192.168.0.1  (Considering thats your server's IP ADD) There must be a ping reply

Ping works perfectly from the new computer to the server but I get a time out when I ping from the server to the computer. :(

What could be wrong with NETBIOS? How do I fix it?

Just one protocol. Hmm...

Ok, just tried it. No luck. :cry:

Tried installing and uninstalling to no avail...

Nope. Running full speed ahead...

No conflicts either. And NETBEUI isn't installed in any of the computers. :cry:.

doc oral, have you tried transferring the lan card to another slot?

doc oral, since workgroup lang ang set-up, punta ka ng computer management sa bago computer, check mo nga ung list ng local user and groups, check mo kung andun lahat ng pangalan ng computers nyo dyan sa opis, kung wala try mo add sila lahat, then sa dating mga computer add mo rin ung name ng bagong computer. kasi ang alam ko parang NT rin ang dating ng XP. to share resources dapat meron silang file/print sharing, microsoft network client, ung network protocol mo either tcp/ip.

tapos lahat ng shares mo kung wala namang sensitive files gawin mong permissions ay for everyone full control. hope this works.

Tracie, Medyo malaki problema mo dyan. Technically, you cannot be considered to have commited qualified rape (kasi hindi 16 years and younger yung babae) so that much you are covered. But knowing how young she is, her parents can still say that there was rape and force the girl to testify against you. :( Now that natakot ka na, theoretically, you can get away with it by getting married to the girl. One of the way to get out of a criminal liability for rape to to marry the victim. :( (I don't know which would be worse though).

Of course, everything will depend on whether she gets pregnant or not. So other than wait for her next period, it is useless to worry. At this point, you may want to ask her to be your girlfriend na muna so that if she does get pregant, you are in a position to propose marriage to her.

wow.

i was thinking of something to say to console or just some advice that i can give tracie but my mind was totally blank.

it was a pretty good advice from freelicker. nice one pare...

to add to his advice, though not necessarily legal, as your case seems beyong legal, give the girl all the support she needs. be there. so when the times get hard, she wont sell you out. and in so doing you may tend to like her. when you need to marry her, i hope it'l turn out that you want to.

welcome to the club!

pardonme,

Nope, I'm not using advanced server. I'm just using XP Pro. I'm using the same user and password in all of the computers but the new computer can't "see" the shares nor the other computers but it can access the Internet through the server. :unsure:

bmikey69,

I tried to use a new network card as well but still no luck. :(

mikibijon,

Subkan ko yun. Medyo matrabaho nga lang pero kailangan e. :wizard:

I did a workaround so I could transfer files from the new computer to the others. I set up a simple FTP server on the new computer and accessed the files by typing its ip address in a web browser. This allowed me to access the files in the new computer. using Windows explorer. I wish I didn't have to do that tho. :D

i think sagittarius fits that position... inform ko sya about this...

ok.... i read something kaso nasa bahay yung URL yup...rated and actual speeds nga yun... pero sabi dun kahit ganun yung rating nang actual spped hindi naman affected talaga yung performance kasi less than .5 seconds lang nang yayari (actually microns nga yung ekek sa site eh) .. wala performance issue so don't worry about it...sa chip manufacturers daw nanggaling yung "bug" if u consider it a bug.

salamat bro... nacurious lang ako kc iba sa paningin eh... hehehe... TY ulit!!!