Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

Marami tlgang galit dyan! especially ung mga metal purists sa metal community s recto! tang na! kung pupunta k s shop n un, daming poser!!! mga walang alam na bili lng ng bili ng mga cd kahit hndi nila alam ung bands and kung ano ung tugtugan! and worst, they sell this cd's in bulk!!! marami bumibili ng maramihan! then ibebenta and ikakalat... sa buong pilipinas pa yata!!! No wonder ang dami ng poser!!!

Ibang-iba na ung recto, unlike b4!

NP:

malevolent creation - stillborn

scorpions - blackout

dio - holy diver

morbid angel - altars of madness

sepultura - beneath the remains

Karamihan ng bumibili doon yung mga batang nakikisunod sa uso, metal and rock seems to be the fashion these days pero i dont need to wear black shirt like they do because deep inside true metaller ako di tulad nila na puro porma lang tanungin mo ano pinapakinggan nila sasabihin korn, deftones, etc. their attires dont make 'em metal lalo na yung pinaka-standard na attire ng "metal" daw ngayon na black shirt, pantalon na parang binili sa ukay-ukay at chuck taylor na itim with their matching chain wallet at kung ano-ano pa na sinusuot ng mga poseur ngayon. Sabi nga ng exodus noon "Death to Posers!!"

Definitely had my metal phase. late high school to early college, when i wuz in a damn band

Played alotta Manowar, Savatage, Alice in Chains (before they got lumped in the grunge scene) , Megadeth, old school Metallica, Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Sepultura, Yngwie's Rising Force , Maiden,

Now i dunno if you can still call me a true metal head. but i can still bang my head (why dance when you can bang your head? - dave mustaine) and salute all those about to rock! Am still defintely a rock guy though and still carry enough metal attitude :evil:

35 pesos cd's doesn't make you metal!!! :evil:

NP:

Iron Maiden - Killers

Ozzy Osbourne - No rest for the wicked

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Def Leppard - On Through the night

Rhapsody - Rain of a thousand flames

Yngwie Malmsteen - War to end all wars

just because i know the place and i buy a few cd's from there would mean i'm not metal...the cds that i get from there are the least metal band/s that i listen to. but if ur talkin' about cannibal corpse, kataklysm, morbid angel, deicide... heck, i would buy an original copy of it....

35 pesos cd's doesn't make you metal!!! :evil:

NP:

Iron Maiden - Killers

Ozzy Osbourne - No rest for the wicked

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Def Leppard - On Through the night

Rhapsody - Rain of a thousand flames

Yngwie Malmsteen - War to end all wars

just because i know the place and i buy a few cd's from there would mean i'm not metal...the cds that i get from there are the least metal band/s that i listen to. but if ur talkin' about cannibal corpse, kataklysm, morbid angel, deicide... heck, i would buy an original copy of it....

I had an encounter w/ a poser in a record bar in Glorietta. I was looking for some metal records when a guy wearing a black Eminem shirt, black shorts, & black Chuck Taylor's asked the saleslady if they have an album of Hoobastank. He told the girl, "Yun yung kumanta ng metal ballad na The Reason". Ha! Ha! Ha!

I'm not referring to guys like you mick8!!! :evil: It's for all the poseurs who buy those cheap cd's and pretend that they know everything when it comes to metal! There was this guy (a customer in that store) with a big mouth talking about metal bands. He said "Pare try mo Trail of Tears! ang lupit! doom na gothic!!!" DUH!!! :blink:

NP:

Stratovarius - Episode

Symphony X - The Damnation Game

Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Alchemy

Dream Theater - Awake

Opeth - Morningrise

Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony

Edguy - Vain Glory Opera

\m/ \m/

I had an encounter w/ a poser in a record bar in Glorietta. I was looking for some metal records when a guy wearing a black Eminem shirt, black shorts, & black Chuck Taylor's asked the saleslady if they have an album of Hoobastank. He told the girl, "Yun yung kumanta ng metal ballad na The Reason". Ha! Ha! Ha!

That guy epitomizes the poseur metaller that has sadly grown by the numbers kesa noong araw na nasa college ako, kami lang yata ng 2 ko pang friend ang nakikinig na metal sa college namin at natatawa lang kami doon sa mga poseur na metaller at punks daw pero wala namang alam. Ngayon dumami na talaga ang mga poseur kasi nga dahil sa mga cheap cd's na nakasuot pa ng black shirt na usong-uso yata ngayon, I definitely wont be caught dead wearing those black shirt na ibinebenta sa bangketa( na cheap imitation ng nasa american boulevard or the same lang?) kasi i got my own style.

I'm not referring to guys like you mick8!!! :evil: It's for all the poseurs who buy those cheap cd's and pretend that they know everything when it comes to metal! There was this guy (a customer in that store) with a big mouth talking about metal bands. He said "Pare try mo Trail of Tears! ang lupit! doom na gothic!!!" DUH!!! :blink:

NP:

Stratovarius - Episode

Symphony X - The Damnation Game

Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Alchemy

Dream Theater - Awake

Opeth - Morningrise

Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony

Edguy - Vain Glory Opera

\m/ \m/

sori dude...akala ko kasi you were referring to me dahil your post was under mines....

mas magaling ba sila sa SUPERJOINT RITUAL ni Phil Anselmo!?

Among the post-Pantera bands, I prefer Superjoint Ritual over Damageplan. Superjoint plays metal mixed with old-school hardcore (think Black Flag) but they don't sound anything like the slew of metalcore bands that are around these days. Damageplan to me sounds like Pantera without Anselmo, but with an inferior singer.

Ang weird nga ng Damageplan e, they got a guitarist (Pat Lachman, from Halford) to become their singer. But I guess everyone will agree with me here when I say that all their present musical projects are inferior to Pantera.

from what i've read on this thread...black sabbath is the only band that brings back memories. how about other bands like led zepplin and deep purple? i used to listen to these bands also when i was still a kid. would they be considered as metal bands? :)

Led Zep and Deep Purple are bands that are very influential to metal bands, and when I started out listening to metal, they were considered metal bands. However, as the years went along and as metal got heavier, the influence and impact of these bands to the metal scene diminished. I think moreso for Led Zep than Deep Purple. Led Zep nowadays is considered only hard rock and if you listen really well, a lot of today's metal bands owe more of an influence from Sabbath and Purple than Led Zep. This is not to downplay Led Zeppelin, they're a great band but they're just not metal.