Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

nasa CFFC si tank

Fedor doesn't need to fight Tank, Cabbage, or any other paper fighters in the UFC roster, he's beaten Cro-Cop, Big Nog, Herring, Fujita, Arona, and a slew of other top caliber fighters under the more brutal pride rules. He needs to fight Randy, while Randy is still on his A-game.

Fedor has been the top HW for a few years, but unfortunately, TUF/American MMA fans/noobs have no idea as to who he is and what he's accomplished. He needs to fight Randy to shut up the doubters out there and cement his status as top dog of MMA HW's.

@randor - Tank has been out of the fight game for a while.

Who I want to see in the Octagon:

Roman Zentsov - The Russian Hammer (and teammate of Fedor) has been on a roll lately, KO'ing people left and right...I have some of his fights from Pride and Bodog, he's really heavy handed AND has some good defense and ground game too!

Gilbert Yvel - I want this guy to beat on the so-called "world class strikers" the UFC has. Actually the UFC has a lot of tomato cans (i.e. overhyped and underqualified fighters) in their roster like Keith Jardine, Stephan Bonnar, Forrest Griffin (yes I said it! Overrated!)...I want the Hurricane to KTFO of them!!!

Akihiro Gono - This guy puts on a show in and out of the ring! Just check him out on youtube to see what I mean. Not only does he have fun entrances, he backs it up with good striking and excellent submissions.

Mcmahon + MMA = worked fights

I'd much rather see Cuban partner with bodog, than the McMahons - the fact that the McMahon's are involved would taint the legitimacy of the sport.

I don't see the point of partnering with the McMahons, Cuban certainly doesn't need the money.

but it's great that Cuban is seriously considering involvement in the MMA scene, more serious competition for the UFC is good for MMA fans.

to add to 705's reply

Kid Yamamoto is considerably one of the smaller lightweights in the fight game. He fights at 155lbs but his normal weight is around 145. The fact that he throws around and KOs guys that are notably bigger than he is a sure sign of his skill.

He has also beaten reknowned fighters Caol Uno, Genki Sudo, and a Gracie (I forgot which one though, there's so many of them)

IMHO, if you make this kid a few inches taller and about 50lbs heavier but leave his other physical attributes proportionately the same (speed, power, and MMA knowledge) he can take Fedor.

^ that's the bad part about it regarding the McMahons & MMA. they can produce great PPV's, but anything other than a pre-determined fight is a no-no for them. i can still remember the WWE staging that "Brawl For All" shootfighting tournament, & everybody hated it.

oh, & the Gracie that was KO'd by Kid Yamamoto was Royler. i saw that fight, & Kid was awesome with his wrestling. if ever he goes to the UFC, if he stays within his natural weight he's gonna go to the WEC, unless he packs in 10 more pounds consistently then he's gonna go to the big stage.

Ever heard of the dogbrothers? Kahit UFC tinanggihan sila dahil "too extreme" daw. What they are practicing is what real fighting is all about!

^ the who? :unsure:

^ the who?

The Dog Brothers are Kali students from Danny Inosanto's academy in California

their philosophy is "Higher Consciousness through Harder Contact"

their practice of Kali is different from the traditional Kali practiced here in that sparring is always full speed, full contact, with real sticks not the padded ones that they use in Arnis tourneys here. You can see vids of their events or "gatherings" on youtube it's pretty amazing and brutal. Guys whacking each other full force with arnis sticks and sometimes staffs, and the competitors only have fencing face masks or hockey pads for protection. But it's great fights, they don't stop when they lose their sticks, some people continue fighting empty handed and sometimes even winning.

What's great about the dog brothers is that they incorporate a lot of stuff into their style, stuff like Pekiti Tersia and even BJJ as they have trained with the Machado's and eventually made up a style that can be described as stick grappling.

it's great stuff

Ever heard of the dogbrothers? Kahit UFC tinanggihan sila dahil "too extreme" daw. What they are practicing is what real fighting is all about!

the dog brothers and the UFC (especially the early Vale Tudo style UFCs) were not that much different from each other, the only thing that made Dog Brother's style "too extreme" is the fact that they use weapons. it made sense to not include them in the UFC as SEG already had a lot of flak coming from John McCain et. al. about human cockfighting.

But I still wouldn't say that one is more real than the other.

and just to clear things up, they were never "tinanggihan" by the UFC. The UFC was the one that thought of including them in their events, and not the dog brothers wanting to join the UFC. The UFC apparently thought better of the idea and decided to scrap it.

Edited by Larry
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LVg1LMET46c

chck mo yan bro!... :thumbsupsmiley:

^ wow, that was impressive. i'm just in awe with the stickfighting, they barely have body armor on! but the one vid that struck me hard (no pun intended) was the Kali Tudo video, highlighting how techniques from Kali can be used in MMA. that is very innovative. and when your product is being endorsed somewhat by one of MMA's premiere trainers (Rico Chiaparelli, formerly from the rAw team that used to train Randy Couture), you know it's legit.

Edited by SevenZeroFive

@randor - I guess I stand corrected about Tank thanks for the info, but the fact that he's active in one of MMA's marginal productions means that he's far from being worthy of fighting the likes of Fedor, Nog, Couture et al...

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto trains with one of the Inoue brothers and is with Team Killer Bee or something...great wrestler (was supposed to be with the Olympic team before, but got booted out supposedly for having Yakuza connections) and above average striker (he fought in K1's lightweight division with some success, although I think he also got KO'd once), and he has SERIOUSLY HEAVY HANDS.

Kid also had some anger problems, he supposedly threatened a doctor backstage at a shooto event where his teamate lost, he pounded an opponent even after the bell, and almost started a riot, and he got suspended a lot of times as a result...he's mellowed out a lot though, but his aggressive style is still great.

After beating Genki Sudo for the title, he announced that he's taking a leave from MMA to concentrate on Beijing 2008...but he's injured now, so we'll see if he makes the team

rampage jackson is really getting better, he comprehensively beat dan henderson in that fight, who's next for rampage?..i love it when they interview him & he says, "YA FEEL ME?!" hehehe :D..

can't wait for the jardine vs liddell fight, i hope the iceman can kick the dean of means ass so he can fight rampage asap & get his belt back :)..

i hope fedor signs the contract asap to fight in the ufc, even if he doesn't fight randy immediately, i would love to see him open a can of whoop ass on the heavyweight fighters of UFC..

yehey, mag-UFC 76 na sa Sept. 20 :)..

I was gone long. I took a vacation.

Norifumi is really good. Raelly heavy hands..He has the tools. But I'd still pick Gomi over Yamamoto :)

Noong Hendo-Silva, Silva had a fever. I don't know if that affected his conditioning but still it's no excuse.

Rampage has really developed and matured over time.. and maybe Hendo became over confident.

Anyway, I expect a tougher climb on the LHW.

Go Rua!

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto trains with one of the Inoue brothers and is with Team Killer Bee or something...great wrestler (was supposed to be with the Olympic team before, but got booted out supposedly for having Yakuza connections) and above average striker (he fought in K1's lightweight division with some success, although I think he also got KO'd once), and he has SERIOUSLY HEAVY HANDS.

Kid also had some anger problems, he supposedly threatened a doctor backstage at a shooto event where his teamate lost, he pounded an opponent even after the bell, and almost started a riot, and he got suspended a lot of times as a result...he's mellowed out a lot though, but his aggressive style is still great.

After beating Genki Sudo for the title, he announced that he's taking a leave from MMA to concentrate on Beijing 2008...but he's injured now, so we'll see if he makes the team

^ tama ka, Kid trains with Team Killer Bee, with some really good Japanese prospects (Riki Fukuda, Koketsu Boku, Akira Kikuchi, & i think Atsushi Yamamoto is his sibling or something). i remember that incident in Shooto, he threatened the attending physician at that event yata.. and he paid bigtime for that: he was suspended indefinitely by the International Shooto Commission, but they reversed it after Kid gave a public apology...

...and apparently, he's back in the MMA game. he fought in the latest K-1 HERO's card in Yokohama, which included its traditional 155-lb. tournament, Minowaman, & Saku!

RESULTS:

Takenori Sato def. Kenji Nagai by Submission (Armbar) at 2:40, R1

Kazuyuki Miyata def. Harvey Harra by Submission (Armbar) at 1:13, R1

Andre Dida def. Caol Uno by Unanimous Decision

Gesias “JZ” Calvancanti def. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro by TKO (Strikes) at 0:35, R1

Ikuhisa Minowa def. Kevin Casey by TKO (Strikes) at 0:42, R2

Dong Sik Yoon def. Zelg Galesic by Submission (Armbar) at 1:29, R1

Melvin Manhoef def. Fabio Silva by TKO (Strikes) at 1:00, R1

Sergei Kharitonov def. Alistair Overeem by TKO (Strikes) at 4:21, R1

Kazushi Sakuraba def. Katsuyori Shibata by Submission (Armbar) at 6:20, R1

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto def. Bibiano Fernandes by Unanimous Decision

Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti def. Andre Dida by Submission (Armbar) at 4:48, R1

about Hendo & the middleweight division.. i think he's gonna be more comfortable at 185 than in 205, cuz i think the 185 range is his natural weight.. imagine, adding speed & lightning fast reflexes to that world class grappling.. it's bound to be beautiful..

Edited by SevenZeroFive
Robbie Lawler appeared and won in Elite XC over the weekend. Glad to know he is still very much in MMA...

^ ...and that was a title unification fight, for both the ICON Sport & EliteXC Middleweight Titles (both under the ProElite umbrella)... and he decisively KO'd the elder Rua, Murilo Ninja...

Edited by SevenZeroFive

Sakuraba is fighting with Hero's (K1's MMA promotion)

he left Pride a few years back (tail end of 2005 I think) that's why he wasn't one of the Pride fighters brought over by the UFC

Forgive my ignorance but why is he not with the UFC? Dispute with Dana White?

yeah I was surprised why he was fighting in Elite

maybe he pissed Dana off (dana seriously needs to check his ego with him blacklisting fighters he doesn't like, we could have Barnett in the octagon by now, and that to me would be the next best thing to bringing Fedor over)