Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

HOLY SH!T Randy is not completely human

COUTURE BREAKS ARM

Even Superman feels it from time to time. Following yet another feather-in-his-cap performance Saturday at UFC 74 in Las Vegas, real life superhero Randy Couture (16-8), was informed Sunday by doctors that he'd broken his arm during his third round TKO stoppage of Gabriel Gonzaga (8-2).Couture, 44, sustained the injury Saturday blocking a Gonzaga right high kick with his left forearm, cleanly separating the ulna bone with a "nightstick fracture," a break common in law enforcement circles. The injury placed the UFC heavyweight champion's arm in a splint for six weeks. The appendage will not need a cast.

from The Fight Network (Full Story Here)

that's old man toughness right there.

COME ON DANA!!! WE NEED TO SEE RANDY/FEDOR NOW!!!!

http://joelauzon.com/images/random/RandyBrokenArm.jpg

ok two things about that^^ pic

1) Randy looks f&cking funny as hell

2) Napao's leg and foot is freakishly huge, I'd sport the "holy-mother-of-god-I'm-going-to-die" look on my face too, if that were to swing at me.

Edited by Larry
Renato Sobral should (and probably will) be removed from the UFC roster. it's one thing to unintentionally not let go of a choke, pero when he admitted it was intentional, he's gonna get his a** handed to him now. after that stunt he pulled (and the complementary media backlash soon after), no American MMA organization will be sane enough to sign his stupid a**.

Regardless of what Heath said to him, what Babalu did was downright dangerous. There is no place for that kind of behaviour in the MMA world, especially for teh UFC that is seeking more acceptance from many bigots...

I mean, he even laughed it off...

ok, i've been doing a lot of reading on the whole Babalu thing, and i still believe he's at fault. contrary to what was reported about David Heath wearing a t-shirt with Babalu's mugshot...

[RETRACTION]

The original publication of this article included an inaccurate statement that David Heath wore a T-shirt with Sobral’s mug shot on it in an effort to get under Sobral’s skin. Heath DID NOT wear such a T-shirt. In fact, he was wearing a shirt representing his sponsor Warrior Wear and it had no reference whatsoever to Sobral. MMAWeekly would like to apologize to David Heath and his camp for the error and any unwarranted attention that it reflected upon David Heath.

and, according to NSAC exec. director Keith Kizer:

“When we talked to him after the fight, he said, ‘Look, you know, we’re taught, even if you feel a guy tap, you don’t let go when the guy taps because he might be doing a Matt Lindland on you.’ Those are his words,” Kizer said. “He said, ‘Even though I felt Heath tap, I continued to hold the choke until the referee told me to stop, and then I stopped.’ I said, ‘Well, that’s not what I saw.’”

Heath tapped, but Babalu didn't stop. f*cking liar.

ok, now for some intriguing news... if you ask me, Fedor can wait. bring on Josh Barnett! :lol:

Let's get straight to it and say that Randy did a phenomenal job at UFC 74 in defending his title. As a fan and a fellow Washingtonian I was happy to see him win. But as for the title itself -- it still sits in my house. No one in UFC ever beat me for it, and as far as I am concerned, no one in the UFC can be the heavyweight champion until they take that belt off of me in the cage.

At the post fight press conference, Dana White said "there isn't anyone in the world that can beat this guy" in reference to Randy. All this because Randy beat a guy that had less than ten fights and only one noteworthy win? That's not even a world championship level fight, let alone reason to proclaim the winner as "unbeatable". This comment was made even more ridiculous by the fact that I was standing right there, living proof that Randy Couture is definitely beatable.

"Unbeatable", Dana says. If he actually believes that, I'm more than willing to step into the cage and prove him wrong. It wouldn't even have to be for the belt. I already got the real belt. They can keep their pile of brass they purport as the UFC Heavyweight Title and put it on their next paper champ.

^ wow. bring on the Baby Faced Assassin!

word on the street, on the day of the fight david heath ? wore a shirt with babalus mug shot in it

what i heard was it was during the weigh-ins, which was apparently false as per MMAWeekly's retraction of their statement.. i guess the only guy(s) that can answer that is Babalu or Heath, or both of them...

oh, & ain't this the stupidest thing in this earth...

http://ufcstore.seenon.com/img/product/catl/00025392-408023.jpg

IT'S MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, NOT ULTIMATE FIGHTING!!!!!!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

IMO people are making a huge deal out of this Babalu thing. I don't get it, if BJ holds on to a choke (which he did and he actually held on to it longer), or if it were anybody else nobody makes a big deal out of it, but if it were a tatted up dude with a criminal offense, people are screaming murder.

and come on admit it, it wasn't as bad as leg/arm breaks, or pounding on a guy after the referee breaks it up, Heath didn't even pass out.

another bad thing was that nobody even noticed how great Babalu looked in that fight, nobody noticed that the intense Renato Sobral was back.

sobral is one crazy mofo

agreed. and I'm glad he's back.

Just to digress a bit....

Congratulations to my Kru's!!!!!

RP bags 2 golds in Muaythai

Team Philippines did the country proud when it clinched two gold, one silver and one bronze medals in the recent Asian Muaythai Championships in Bangalore, India.

Youthful Romnick Pabalate, a 19-year old STI scholar from Negros Oriental, outpointed Thai Jakkapol Khamollakhorn in the 48kg division finals to emerge as champion in his first ever international outing.

Philippine Air Force's pride Anna Joy, a 2005 Southeast Asian Games Arnis gold medalist, duplicated Pabalate's feat, beating on points another Thai, Molthiro Vattanapackdee, in the 51kg female class of her initial international stint in muaythai.

Playing coach veteran Rodrigo Asiong of Baguio City settled for the silver medal when he bowed on points to Iranian Hossein Rokhneh in the 75kg division after winning halfway through the final four rounder.

Only the fourth member of the squad, sponsored by Philippine Sports Commission and Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT), Eugene Toquero of Cebu City failed to reach the finals as a leg injury forced him to forfeit his semifinal match.

“It is heartwarming that in our very first foray with the Muaythai Association of the Philippines (MAP) its athletes had already made their mark of excellence. We are proud to be a part of their success,”said Khun Siripong Phoungpaka, PTT president.

MAP chair actor Robin Padilla and president Robert Valdez also lauded the RP bets. “Our boxers have shown before our countrymen in the 2005 SEA Games the Thais are not unbeatable in their own sport. They have done it again and hopefully they continue to do so in Thailand in December during the 2007 SEA Games,” said Valdez.

Let's get straight to it and say that Randy did a phenomenal job at UFC 74 in defending his title. As a fan and a fellow Washingtonian I was happy to see him win. But as for the title itself -- it still sits in my house. No one in UFC ever beat me for it, and as far as I am concerned, no one in the UFC can be the heavyweight champion until they take that belt off of me in the cage.

LOL @ Barnett

Barnett won't beat Couture ver. 2.0

Looking at how Randy's game has become more solid over the years, Josh would get mauled the same way sylvia got mauled.

IMO people are making a huge deal out of this Babalu thing. I don't get it, if BJ holds on to a choke (which he did and he actually held on to it longer), or if it were anybody else nobody makes a big deal out of it, but if it were a tatted up dude with a criminal offense, people are screaming murder.

and come on admit it, it wasn't as bad as leg/arm breaks, or pounding on a guy after the referee breaks it up, Heath didn't even pass out.

another bad thing was that nobody even noticed how great Babalu looked in that fight, nobody noticed that the intense Renato Sobral was back.

good points.. he was indeed impressive, and he needed this win after being KO'd last time.. i guess the circumstances in terms of perception did play a role, BJ being a fan favorite and a mystery at the same time & Babalu making headlines for all the wrong reasons before this happened.. me personally, what happened wasn't right, whether it's BJ or Babalu..

now, on to more positive things.. the reason why i want Barnett first before Fedor is that i want to see if he's just sourgraping.. but yeah, today's Randy has the edge (slight, IMO) against Barnett..

or maybe, he's just making noise so that he gets signed by the UFC & get back at Cro Cop for that eye poke he got during the OWGP finals.. :lol:

onga pala, congrats to those who won in the Asian Muay Thai Championships! myself being a frustrated striker, saludo ako sa inyo! kudos! :cool:

Edited by SevenZeroFive
now, on to more positive things.. the reason why i want Barnett first before Fedor is that i want to see if he's just sourgraping.. but yeah, today's Randy has the edge (slight, IMO) against Barnett..

gotta hand it to barnett though, he's very good at making noise and getting himself signed by the UFC. and it wasn't overly disrespectful like how Tito does it.

LOL I was thinking the same thing "can Josh take Randy when he's off the juice?"

hahaha i don't think he can take on captain america. i mean look at the guy 44 years old and still able to pound guys bigger & younger that him. c'mon barnett is a fckin joke... all juice & talk...

well he's good at talking at getting signed as you've said though. but still c'mon he's obviously sourgraping & trying to give himself hype at the expense of randy couture.

and a 1 nyt stand with randy is out of the question in my opinion, he should get it on first with other fighters out there who deserve a title shot or a fight with cap more than he does.

oh yeah, and sobral was an animal in that fight! goddamn! heath got what was coming to him, mugshot shirt or not, dissing an opponent with your mouth eventually is nothing without backing it up with your fists. like that guy frank shamrock made to say uncle in ultimate brazil, that guy was saying he beat shamrock good the first time they met, and then frank came to the fight and may him say i quit, to which shamrock said the guy had a big mouth and i made him say i quit. ^_^

Edited by schmuckofyourdreams
on a completely different note, kelan ulit lalaban si brandon vera?

I think it's 2 UFCs from now against Tim Sylvia

-----

UFC 74 replay ON NOW @ SOLAR SPORTS!

--------

I just read somewhere that Fedor might sign with K1 Heroes.....have to confirme that first though.

Barnett must still be using performance enhancers when he made those comments...

haha, roid rage... :lol:

I just read somewhere that Fedor might sign with K1 Heroes.....have to confirme that first though.

the problem with this is the level of competition K-1 has at heavyweight, excluding those who are still free agents.. the talk around is that if Fedor really wants his legend to be solidified he has to go to the UFC..