Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

feeling ko, siya lang ang makakatalo kay fedor...

http://www.nndb.com/people/840/000054678/bb.jpg

:evil:

^ bro eto panabla:

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/35/35036.jpg

:lol:

btw, Butterbean actually has a decent MMA record... 10 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw...

anyways, thanks for the questions guys.. i've emailed all of them (including mine) to Yahoo! Sports, hopefully makuha ung questions natin..

hehe, gandang icebreaker to ah.. slow news day pa din eh, wala pang bagong nangyayari.. anyways, eto na ang mga kasagutan sa tanong nyo:

most notable ang appearances ni Butterbean sa PRIDE.. ung picture na pinost ko is from his fight with Ikuhisa Minowa nung PRIDE Bushido 12, natalo sya via armbar.. most notable opponents naman nya are:

Aaron Aguilera (better known as "Jesus", Carlito's sidekick in WWE before; won via choke @ Rumble On The Rock 9)

Sean O'Haire (another former WWE superstar; won via TKO @ PRIDE 32: The Real Deal)

Wesley "Cabbage" Correira (top heavyweight prospect from 3-4 years ago; won via TKO @ Rumble On The Rock 8)

Genki Sudo (Japanese MMA demigod :lol:; lost via Heel Hook @ K-1 Dynamite 2003)

natatawa ako sa sig mo sevenzerofive, sampalin ba naman si arlovski eheheheh sino yung sumampal sa kanya?heheh..

sana magcomeback na si brandon vera&rules in the hw class, pra madagdagan ang pinoy champions :D..

kung si pacquiao kaya no? magmma? ano kaya wt class nya?heheh :D..

natatawa ako sa sig mo sevenzerofive, sampalin ba naman si arlovski eheheheh sino yung sumampal sa kanya?heheh..

sana magcomeback na si brandon vera&rules in the hw class, pra madagdagan ang pinoy champions :D..

kung si pacquiao kaya no? magmma? ano kaya wt class nya?heheh :D..

^ i think si Fabricio Werdum yung sumampal kay Arlovski.. :lol:

about kay Vera, wala pang news sa kanya other than ung contract extension nya & ung pagpalit sa manager nya.. most likely mga last quarter na lalaban yun, pero ngayon mas mahihirapan na sya umakyat sa rankings dahil sa influx ng bagong guys, mostly from PRIDE.. ang hinihintay na lang actually e si Fedor, pero madami pa ding free agents na top 10 e like Josh Barnett..

super featherweight si Pacman diba? ang limit nun is around 130, so translating sa weight classes ng MMA nasa bantamweight sya.. pero, kelangan pa nya magdagdag ng 5 pounds kasi ang minimum sa bantamweight is 135.. and hindi sya sa UFC, sa WEC xa lalaban if ever kc andun ung mga lighter weight classes e..

sinadya kaya yung sampal kay arlovski? ehehehehe :D..

i hope brandon vera fights against tim sylvia, i'm sure he can beat him easily..

hehe, baka nga sinadya nya talaga... :lol:

about Vera fighting Sylvia.. kung ndi nagkaron ng problema with Brandon's management malamang siya na ang UFC Heavyweight Champion.. why? kasi nung UFC 68 dapat si Vera na ang lalaban kay Sylvia.. e nagkaron ng gusot sa manager nya, so si Couture ang replacement.. imagine that..

finally, something newsworthy...

BRANDON VERA RETURNS TO THE OCTAGON

taken from UFC.com

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – The Truth hurts. Just ask those who have ever stepped into the Octagon™ with rising heavyweight star Brandon "The Truth" Vera, who, after a prolonged absence due to managerial issues, will finally return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization to put his perfect record on the line as he resumes his chase for the World Heavyweight Championship. Dana White, UFC President, who was pleased to make the announcement of Vera's return today, expects the Californian to be back in action as soon as October of this year.

“Brandon Vera is a young, well-rounded, exciting heavyweight who finishes fights in exciting fashion,” said Dana White, UFC President. “I think he brings a lot to the heavyweight mix, and I see him in a position to fight for the heavyweight title in 2008.”

Brandon “The Truth” Vera was undefeated and considered a top contender in the heavyweight division before a contract dispute with former management took him out of action. Now, almost a year later, the issue has been resolved, Vera is under new management and is anxious to start fighting again.

“I'm so excited to be back in the UFC, I have no words to describe the feeling,” said Vera.

“The Truth” comes back at a time when the UFC heavyweight division has never been more powerful, boasting a lineup of contenders that reads like a “Who’s Who” of the world’s most competitive fighters, with a three-time UFC heavyweight champion sitting at the top. In the last year, the UFC has brought on Mirko “Cro Cop,” Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira, and Fabricio Werdum, and has seen the rise of Gabriel “Napao” Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo. Also in the mix of could-be Vera foes are former UFC Heavyweight Champions Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Frank Mir.

“I realize the UFC heavyweight division is much stronger now, but I like having more challenges, and that just gives me more motivation to train,” said Vera. “I feel that when I’m on top of my game, nobody can beat me. I have a plan to become the heavyweight champion, so I’m going to stick to the plan that my management team NCFC and both of my coaches set and win the titles. I want to prove I'm the best for my family, my friends and most of all my fans.”

Fighting out of San Diego, Calif., Vera is 6’3” 223 lbs., and holds a brown belt in jiu-jitsu. He has won many submission competitions, but he has also become known for his striking ability. He has won all four of his fights in the UFC and scored all victories by either knockout or submission. His last three fights all ended in the first round.

Vera made his Octagon debut at UFC® Fight Night™ in October of 2005. He proved he meant business and finished the much heavier Fabiano Scherner in the second round by knee strikes. He went on to score back-to-back first round victories with a KO over Justin Eilers at UFC 57, and a submission over Assuerio Silva (guillotine choke) at UFC 60. At UFC 65 last November Vera took on former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir and defeated him by TKO at 1:09 in the first round.

Vera stands undefeated in the UFC and holds an overall mixed martial arts record of 8-0. He intends to maintain that winning streak all the way to the heavyweight championship.

BRANDON VERA RETURNS TO THE OCTAGON

taken from UFC.com

sweet news

it will be a much longer road to the HW belt, because of the Pride invasion.

whereas before brandon was an easy #4 pick in the division, he'd be lucky to get in the top 5 right out of the gate now.

but he can do it IMO, kid's got heart and raw talent.

damn Randy is built

meanest looking 40+ year old I've ever seen

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1197/1121850502_d188bccb0a.jpg

welcome to the randy&wandy show!

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Nr8YwyRfZ5E/RsMAqxULXMI/AAAAAAAAAfM/1jvq9Zkrd5A/s400/1121007969_f533ef43cc.jpg