Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

don't know if he's still having contract problems with the UFC because of his former manager.

^ it's already been settled, Vera has split from City Boxing (although interestingly, his wife Kerry is still in the fighters' list for City Boxing) and his manager Mark Dion.. according to his official website he's starting a new camp, & rumor has it that he's gonna fight either Arolvski or Sylvia (whom he admitted was his next opponent after destroying Mir) next..

word on the street that ninja rua will take over the former chute boxe in LA, and people in my gym are talking about the chute boxe split up and wandy will be training with couture in florida

^ this i have to see to believe.. i mean, there hasn't been any cracks within CB, & i don't believe WAND is really that jealous of Shogun that's why he's thinking of leaving.. Xtreme Couture's a good choice though.. :lol:

I think Wanderlei wants to focus more on himself. Kasi 2 straight losses na sya e

^ it actually got me thnking... maybe WAND is suffering from what i'd like to call the Lion's Den Syndrome...

Ken Shamrock, prior to his first fight with Tito Ortiz, has been training and sparring with the same people since he started the Lion's Den: Mezger, Bohlander, Telligman, Andrade, Burnett, and for a time, his half-brother Frank. that flaw severely crippled him against Ortiz, as the Huntington Beach Bad Boy took down Shamrock with ease. Smokin' Joe Rogan made this comment during that fight in UFC 40, & i completely agreed to it up until now. in his return fight against Kimo in UFC 48, he brought in new people to train him, most notably Erik Paulson for jiu-jtsu & Battalia Ballamundo for boxing. it showed in his fight against Kimo, knocking him out with a knee in the first round.

maybe WAND's training regiment with CB has reached its peak, & maybe it's time he mixed things up a bit. but i hope the core of CB stays together, as they've been one of the best fight camps in the entire history of MMA.

^ hehe, napulot ko lang yan sa Sherdog forums... :D

back to Fedor... reasonable naman ang requests nya eh when you look at it deeper.. i mean, combat sambo ain't like ADCC, they do have gear and rules that prevent injury.. plus, the request for other Red Devil fighters joining Fedor isn't unreasonable too.. if Dana White indulged Tank Abbott's request to sign friend Eddie Ruiz (who was destroyed by Yves Edwards in his lone fight) when he returned in 2003, why not Fedor?

White indulges an overweight drunkard, but he won't indulge the #1 MMA fighter in the world pound-for-pound? <_<

Yahoo! Sports is hosting a Q&A with everybody's favorite boxer (feel my sarcasm!), Floyd Mayweather Jr. i'm making my questionnaire, but it's gonna consist of mostly MMA-related questions. "P*ssy Boy" Mayweather has bashed MMA as a sport countless times, along with Bert Sugar, Bernard Hopkins, and Kermit Cintron. that's why i'm gonna ask away at P*ssy Boy, so that he's gonna be baited to fight in an MMA environment. doesn't matter where, as long as he gets choked out.

you guys have any suggestions for the questions? :lol: