Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

controversy on the Woodley scorecard win.. Bruce Buffer says final decision is a draw. Woodley retain his UFC Lightweight Title title.

I need to correct you. Woodley retains his UFC Welterweight Title.

Conor Mcgregor is the guy who won The UFC Lightweight Title. He is the first fighter in UFC History to hold belts simultaneously in different weight Divisions. Even BJ Penn and Randy Couture didn't hold two belts at the same time although they were champions in 2 different weight divisions.

Now that Mcgregor has two belts in different divisions at the same time, it is safe to assume that he is the current pound-for-pound best fighter in the world.

I would like to agree with you but Jon Jones is still number 1 P4P in my opinion but he has to fight before April next year and win against top level competition to retain that ranking. He is waist deep in a hole he dug by himself, hope he crawls out of that and get his s@%t together. Demetrious Johnson could also contend for being top P4P fighter since he has defended his belt 9 times and nobody in his division is slowing him down. One more high profile win for Conor and he should be in conversation for top P4P. He should be top 10 or even top 5 after this weekend's performance. He just beat 3 top level guys in his last 4 fights.

Jones for you. Mcgregor for me. Hehe. Anyway, a Mcgregor-Khabib fight will be more sellable than a Mcgregor-Aldo rematch. Khabib is pure power while Mcgregor epitomizes speed and accuracy. In this fight, make mine Mcgregor. The two-division champ is way too fast and wily for Khabib but if the latter takes the former down, Conor is in for a short night. Khabib will probably win by ground and pound if that happens.

That's is what is nice about P4P ranking, it is subjective and there is no known authority on it. Daniel Cormier could also be top P4P since his last loss was none other that to Jones. Then we have Dominick Cruz, who after a long layoff, came back and got his belt he never lost in such a way that he did not look like he was never away.

I honestly don't care who they put in front of Mcgregor (or Jones, for that matter). They are difficult riddles to solve. Khabib may need another good win to earn a title shot since he has been out for so long. Unless he makes enough noise like Chael Sonnen to make it a money fight. If the UFC wants revenue, then book Woodley-Mcgregor for Superbowl weekend. I would not mind not paying for that match. PPV is free here in the Philippines anyway.

Nurmagomedov and Mcgregor had a confrontation in the backstage during UFC 205. It's gonna be power vs. speed and accuracy. In this fight, all Mcgregor has to worry about is the take down. If he does not get taken down, he's gonna win via decision or KO.

Nurmagomedov won over one champion via unanimous decision. Mcgregor won over two champions in spectacular fashion.

That is one step to building that fight. I'd be watching that fight anyway if it happens. Both guys put on a good show. Question is when will it happen.

Like I said, I don't care who they put in front of Connie Mac. He can drop down to 145 with Aldo to unify the belt. He can step in and defend the 155 belt against Khabib or Ferguson. Place him in a cage with a godzilla or the abominable snowman or Nate Diaz. Make him fight Woodley to earn another belt. Conor is hot property right now and any card with him will sell.

That is one step to building that fight. I'd be watching that fight anyway if it happens. Both guys put on a good show. Question is when will it happen.

Like I said, I don't care who they put in front of Connie Mac. He can drop down to 145 with Aldo to unify the belt. He can step in and defend the 155 belt against Khabib or Ferguson. Place him in a cage with a godzilla or the abominable snowman or Nate Diaz. Make him fight Woodley to earn another belt. Conor is hot property right now and any card with him will sell.

I agree with you sir.

I think that Conor is still at his peak and will definitely continue to churn spectacular fights.

Mcgregor relinquishes the FTW belt.

Jose Aldo has been made the Undisputed FTW champion.

Daniel Cormier has a torn ligament in the groin and pulls out of UFC206. Best wishes to him. Hope he gets well. Wonder wear that lands Rumble.

Max Holloway vs Anthony Pettis is now the new main event for the UFC FTW Interim Championship with a scheduled Unification with Aldo some time next year.

So any matches for CMG against either Edgar or Aldo will be a farcry from happening. Good luck to him at 155 which is a whole diferent beast to deal with. He has the tools to surpass the legacy of Penn, St. Pierre or even Anderson Silva.

brandon-vera-one-championship-36.jpg?w=1

Brandon Vera will put his heavyweight title on the line for the first time at “ONE Championship: Age of Domination”, which will take place Dec. 2 at Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay, Manila, Philippines. Vera (14-7) will meet unbeaten challenger Hideki Sekine (7-0) in the main event.

Edited by kobe824

I wish Brandon Vera brings that same energy and tenacity to the UFC.

He started off with great fights early on. It's just that somehow, he lost his mojo.. I hope he found it and brings it in the UFC. Since that is where almost all of the best fighters are. It's a good way to show that you stand atop the best fighters in the world.

Vera had his chance during his time with the UFC he had every opportunity to fight for the title but he just couldn't compete with the best of them. He is past his prime so he's fighting on a smaller promotion with One FC. The UFC heavyweight card is so stacked right now he wouldn't be able to last with Cain, Junior, Werdum, or even Mark Hunt. He was let go from the UFC because he couldn't hack it. Them's the breaks

post-481684-0-08266900-1481130115_thumb.jpg

Ronda Rousey is in 'sick shape' ahead of Amanda Nunes fight at UFC 207, says Dana White

post-481684-0-02266500-1481130104_thumb.jpg

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White has revealed that star fighter Ronda Rousey is in "sick shape" as she prepares for a bout against women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 on 30 December.

The 29-year-old lost her previous fight to Holly Holm at UFC 193 last November, which also ended her unbeaten streak and also lost her women's bantamweight title. She will return to the octagon for the first time since her defeat at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada later this month.

Holm lost her title to Meisha Tate at UFC 196 and the latter was beaten by Nunes at UFC 200. Both these fighters were held in Las Vegas and "The Lioness" will defend her title for the first time against Rousey at UFC 207.

"Yeah. It is exciting. Obviously, the return of Ronda is a big deal. She is taken this thing so seriously," White explained, as reported by the UFC's official website.

"Guess what she is weighing right now? 135 lbs," said the UFC president, adding: "She is doing everything she can to keep her weight on. She is in sick shape."

Rousey holds an MMA record of 12-1 and is the favourite for the upcoming clash against the Brazilian, who has lost four of her 17 fights so far in her career.

Rousey, who is also known as "The Rowdy" needed to be consoled after her face-off with Nunes during the UFC 205's weigh-ins in New York. The American fighter stormed off the stage and White earlier admitted the two women fighters were not suppose to speak after the face-off.

Edited by hahnz
  • 2 weeks later...

A super fight I'd like to see is the rematch between Demetrious Johnson and Dominic Cruz. DJ wasn't that good yet when they first met that is why Cruz won by a unanimous decision. What I remember most about that match was Cruz took down DJ at will. I doubt DJ will get taken down at will the next time they meet.

+1

I also want to see this rematch.

What a fight. As i suspected. Ronda cannot hang with hard hitting strikers. Same thing that happened with the Holly Holm fight. She couldn't hang with Amanda Nunes. While Holm is a good striker. Amanda Nunes hits harder than Holm to me. As what she showed in the Miesha Tate fight where she rocked her hard. Same thing with Rousey. She lit her up like New Year's fireworks. Not Only that, but she also was the bigger fighter. In the weigh ins i just realized that Amanda was taller and had the reach advantage.

This spells the end for Ronda Rousey. She will just fade and retire from MMA and just do movies. I think she didn't recover from that lost to Holm and it showed here on this fight that she couldn't handle the pressure when she faces adversity.

This fight only showed that Rousey wouldn't be able to handle Cyborg even if their fight happened. With this loss, that Fight is thrown out the window now.

A Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes fight makes sense. If Holm wins the Women's Featherweight Division. I would bet my 100$ that Dana White would set up a Bantamweight Championship between Nunes and Holm.