Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

as for UFC 200... i dont think they lived up to the expectations... iba pa rin kung nandun si jon jones (damn drugs)... bilis magbago ng mga champions ngayon.. new champs cant defend titles lately (dos anjos, Tate, then rockhold and even werdum) sayang...

agree with you na hindi nag-live up sa hype iyong card dahil sa kawalan ni Jones, it is all on him, not on the drugs/substances. no disrespect meant to you personally. as for the quick transition of the titles, ibig sabihin lang niyan na humihigpit na ang labanan. I miss the days of the dominant champs(Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre) but I like what is happening now. except rockhold and werdum who fought silly, I don't like how they lost their belts.

UFC 200 maybe a disappointment, but it still showcase some good matches

Amen! It was entertaining enough to keep me on the TV for half a day. hey, if my housemate who is not really a fan of the sport said "Sayang wala si Jones. He does not know what he is missing! Sinayang niya ang malaking pagkakataon para sa drugs niya." Then we are on to something! I am excited for the future of the UFC.

Ngayon naman, sana magpalabas naman iyong ibang networks ng ibang MMA promotions ng Japan and North America. Para naman hindi lang UFC ang nakikita natin. Isang card pa lang ng Bellator MMA ang napanood ko. gusto ko din mapanood iyong M1. puro youtube na lang ako. putol putol pa.

Edited by startoffbeat

Two UFC Veterans Allege Jon Jones Tested Positive for Estrogen Blockers

It's no secret that Jon Jones was pulled from his UFC 200 main event rematch with Daniel Cormier for testing positive to a banned substance during a June 16, 2016, out-of-competition drug screen. What is a secret is what substance for which he tested positive.

The Untied States Anti-Doping Agency has a policy of not discussing such specifics unless an athlete has already publicly divulged such information. The UFC tends to follow suit.

Jones and his representatives held a press conference the morning after Jones was pulled from the fight, but declined to divulge what substance or substances for which he tested positive.

In the following days, two key mixed martial arts personalities, both veteran UFC fighters, have alleged that Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers.

Rashad Evans, while reporting for CBS Sports at UFC 200, said, “Jon Jones is out of UFC 200. He failed a drug test back in June… and it was due to estrogen blockers, I'm told by his camp.”

Following upon Evans' report, Chael Sonnen, during a recent episode of his Beyond the Fight podcast, was talking about the Jones situation, when he mentioned in passing, “Jon, who is popped for two banned substances, which are estrogen blockers, people are going to look at that and (go), ‘so.'”

Here is the clip of Chael on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast where he reveals what substance Jon Jones tested positive for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xk7A_aNalA

Estrogen blockers are sometimes used medically to help men who have used testosterone supplements to help restore hormone balance, according to healthline.com.

There has been no further comment from any party confirming that the substance or substances that Jones tested positive for were estrogen blockers, and that likely won't happen until he and his representatives are further able to look into what caused the positive test result and has had a chance to appeal it to USADA.

“It's not that we're trying to hide anything or that we're not trying to get ahead of it and tell people what it is,” his manager, Malki Kawa, said in a Monday interview with the MMA Hour. “I'm going to stand by our comments at the press conference. Jon, at no point in time, was a cheater, has never cheated, has never taken any substance that he knowingly knew of that was on the banned list.”

Edited by hahnz
Brock Lesnar notified of potential doping violation

post-481684-0-99782900-1468637492_thumb.jpg

The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition drug test administered June 28.

Lesnar, 39, returned to the Octagon for the first time since December 2011 to defeat Mark Hunt via decision. The pro wrestling star remains under contract with WWE and declined to say whether he would fight in a UFC match again.

Lesnar told The Associated Press in a statement, "we will get to the bottom of this."

The UFC announced Lesnar's potential violation on Friday. In a statement, the UFC said it was not informed of the potential violation until Thursday which explains why Lesnar was able to compete at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas.

"The UFC organization was notified today that [uSADA] has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 28," the statement said. "USADA received the testing results from the June 28 sample collection from the [World Anti-Doping Agency]-accredited UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory on the evening of July 14."

post-481684-0-00009600-1468637565_thumb.jpg

Under the UFC's anti-doping program, which is administered by USADA and went into effect in July 2015, results management and adjudication of the case falls to USADA, as well as the Nevada State Athletic Commission, due to the fact Lesnar's fight took place in Las Vegas.

The NSAC is already involved in another case regarding UFC 200. Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who was removed from UFC 200 three days prior to the event due to a potential violation, is also facing discipline from the NSAC.

Lesnar (6-3) announced his retirement from mixed martial arts in 2015, but ultimately decided to return to the UFC for a "one-off," to which WWE agreed.

Lesnar has not before tested positive for banned substances in his UFC career. It is also unknown at this time what the potential doping violation is for a banned substance or a banned methodology.

The AP also obtained copies of three letters from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to Lesnar, informing the fighter that he had passed tests on three samples submitted over a nine-day period in mid-June, mere days before the sample with the potential violation was collected.

It is standard procedure for USADA to not immediately divulge the cause of the potential doping violation.

Under the UFC's program, any retired athlete who wishes to return to competition must first be subjected to a four-month testing window.

The UFC is able to grant exemptions to that requirement, however. Due to the unique circumstances of Lesnar's return and his contract situation with the WWE, the UFC decided to waive that four-month window for the first time.

Despite receiving an exemption for the four-month requirement, Lesnar did submit eight tests to USADA, according to the agency's website.

Hunt, 42, referenced that exemption numerous times leading up to the fight. In an interview with MMA Fighting on Friday, Hunt said he has asked UFC officials for half of Lesnar's $2.5 million guaranteed purse or to be released from his contract effective immediately.

"The cheaters get a slap on the wrist and walk off," Hunt told MMA Fighting. "What penalty or deterrent is there to make them think twice? Nothing. And the [Nevada Athletic Commission], why should these [expletive] get anything? They are not the ones who had to fight with Lesnar or lose [to him]. I lost."

Hunt told MMA Fighting that he has yet to hear from UFC.

When asked about the topic of performance-enhancing drugs during a pre-fight international conference call, Lesnar responded,

"I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

- not surprised this guy's on PED's he wrestles for WWE known for people jacking up on roids and other stuff. also the WWE isn't as stingy with the drug testing so guys get away with it. this is probably the last time you see Lesnar in MMA

Hunt: Give me half of Lesnar's purse or release me from the UFC

By Lewis Mckeever on Jul 15, 2016, 10:06p

post-481684-0-18284400-1468666158_thumb.jpg

Mark Hunt wants to be compensated fairly for Brock Lesnar's failed drug test and potential USADA anti-doping violation.

Mark Hunt is furious with Brock Lesnar and the UFC. At UFC 200, 'Super Samoan' fought Lesnar in the co-main event and lost in a one-sided unanimous decision.

Many MMA fans celebrated Lesnar's return to the Octagon but things took a turn for the worse when it was revealed that the 39-year-old had failed an out-of-competition drug test stemming from June 28. The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) released a statement yesterday but have yet to reveal which substance Lesnar tested positive for.

Hunt, a fan favorite and combat sports veteran of 69 fights, told MMA Fighting that he wants half of Lesnar's purse or to be released from the UFC.

"Hunt asked UFC officials for half of Lesnar's purse or else he would like to be released from his contract effective immediately," Ariel Helwani reported on Friday.

Hunt has previously fought and beat Frank Mir and Antonio 'Big Foot' Silva, both of whom tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.

The New Zealander says that despite the USADA's best efforts, cheaters are still getting off too easily.

"The cheaters get a slap on the wrist and walk off," Hunt told MMA Fighting. "What penalty or deterrent is there to make them think twice? Nothing. And the [Nevada Athletic Commission], why should these [expletive] get anything? They are not the ones who had to fight with Lesnar or lose [to him]. I lost."

Prior to UFC 200, Hunt claimed Lesnar was 'juiced to the gills' so it came as no surprise to the former K-1 world champion that Lesnar tested positive. Despite the fact, it's still frustrating for Hunt to step into the Octagon against cheats.

It's likely that the bout will be overturned to a No Contest and Lesnar could face a two-year suspension. It's unlikely, however, that the UFC will compensate Hunt half of Lesnar's purse. The WWE superstar is reported to have made a staggering $2.5 million at UFC 200; the highest ever payout for the promotion.

Bloody Elbow will provide all the latest coverage as the story develops.

Mark Hunt now wants all of Brock Lesnar's winnings as UFC doping scandal escalates

Last updated 09:48, July 18 2016

post-481684-0-32577000-1468820780_thumb.jpg

Mark Hunt now wants all of Brock Lesnar's US$2.5m (NZ$3.5m) purse as the Kiwi mixed martial arts star continues to voice his disgust at the doping violations plaguing the sport.

Lesnar beat Hunt in the heavyweight headline act at UFC 200 in Las Vegas a week ago.

It was then disclosed that Lesnar, the man-mountain wrestling star, had failed an out-of-competition United States Anti-Doping Agency (Usada) test administered on June 28.

Hunt, who has waged a war against dopers, initially believed he should be paid half of Lesnar's winning purse and threatened to walk away from UFC if something wasn't done.

post-481684-0-03826100-1468820831_thumb.jpg

He has upped the ante, now demanding all of the winnings.

Hunt, an active athlete on social media, took to Twitter again, saying he'd "changed my mind" and "wanted all of it".

post-481684-0-65771300-1468820922_thumb.jpg

He again labelled American Lesnar a "cheater" and took things further, deriding Lesnar's punching power, saying "for someone who was cheating he still hits like a pussy".

Meanwhile, a training partner of Lesnar, has suggested the doping irregularity could be related to an asthma medication Lesnar used briefly in the buildup to the fight.

Chael Sonnen: Fans were booing at UFC 200, because they wanted to see Daniel Cormier get knocked out

By Marc Raimondi on Jul 17, 2016, 10:00a

post-481684-0-52179800-1468922347_thumb.jpg

Most people interpreted the fan reaction to Daniel Cormier's fight with Anderson Silva one way. Chael Sonnen took it another.

Sonnen, the former UFC fighter and current ESPN analyst, doesn't think fans minded Cormier's wrestling-heavy strategy. They just wanted Silva to beat him in spectacular fashion, "The American Gangster" told MMA Fighting.

"That's a misunderstanding," said Sonnen, whose grappling promotion Submission Underground debuts Sunday on FloCombat.com from Portland. "The fans didn't care what Daniel did. The fans wanted to see Daniel get knocked out. And they knew that was not going to happen. They had no problem with the way he fought. They just wanted him to lose. That's all that happened there. Brock [Lesnar] had the same game plan and they were happy as could be, because they wanted Brock to win."

Cormier, the UFC light heavyweight champion, got booed lustily in the lead up to what would have been a fight with Jon Jones in the main event of UFC 200 last Saturday. Three days out from the event, though, Jones was yanked from the card due to a failed USADA drug test. Silva stepped in on about 36 hours notice.

It seemed like at the time that things turned for Cormier, that fans were behind him after an emotional, rollercoaster week in Las Vegas. That turned out to not be the case.

"The biggest thing with DC is he wants to be liked and you've got good guys and you've got bad guys," Sonnen said. "DC is neither. He's a great guy. Daniel is truly in a class of his own. If you interact or you hang out around town with Daniel Cormier, he treats everybody really well. He's a great human being. And he wants people to see that and that seems to be the turn off, in my opinion."

Sonnen has his own experience with Silva. He took "The Spider" down repeatedly and almost took the UFC middleweight title from him in 2010 before getting caught in a fifth-round triangle choke submission. Sonnen also had success against Silva in a 2012 rematch before being finished by TKO in the second round.

The subtraction of Jones and addition of Silva to the card, Sonnen believes, did not end up affecting the pay-per-view buyrate in a negative way.

"I'm very confident," Sonnen said. "I don't know those numbers yet, I just know the reaction myself when Anderson came in. I loved the parity, I loved the excitement. I saw the buzz around the whole place. I don't think they lost a step there. In some respects, maybe they would have gained. You would never know. It's all hypothetical. There's no way to tell."

The good news is that Cormier got paid, even if it might not have been as much as he would have against Jones in the main event. The fan reaction to "DC" is a different story. That's something that seems to be stuck. Though, Sonnen does give Cormier a bit of a recommendation.

"I would go the other way with it," Sonnen said. "I don't know why Daniel would explain his performance because he's got a building booing him. I would have held the belt up and told them all to shove it up their ass and walked out."

post-481684-0-51683100-1468922537_thumb.jpg

Brock Lesnar made his UFC return at UFC 200 and won in dominating fashion. Mark Hunt was a formidable opponent, but the Beast Incarnate wanted to prove to the world that he is still one of the very best in the world. Due to diverticulitis, Brock Lesnar couldn’t compete in the UFC several years ago. Now, with his win against Hunt, his UFC future is unknown. However, one event took place that may have Lesnar waiting for another UFC fight for even longer.

Right before UFC 200, Jon Jones was hit with an anti-doping violation and couldn’t fight at the pay-per-view. Jones was on his way back from several mishaps, but it just wasn’t meant to be. When Brock Lesnar took the fight against Hunt, it brought life to UFC 200. So, the fight came and went, but several days after it was over, the UFC was notified of a startling truth.

post-481684-0-72138200-1468922583_thumb.jpg

Brock Lesnar was notified of a probably anti-doping violation for his fight at UFC 200.

The United States Anti-Doping Agency has informed
of a potential doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition drug test administered June 28.

In a statement, the UFC said it was not informed of the potential violation until Thursday, which explains why Lesnar was able to compete on the UFC 200 card.

Needless to say, the WWE Universe exploded with sarcastic comments and worries about Lesnar’s availability for SummerSlam in August. During the Lesnar hype train towards UFC 200, the WWE announced Brock Lesnar’s SummerSlam opponent, which turned out to be Randy Orton. It was bad timing after Roman Reigns’ suspension was announced. Two of their biggest stars were on the verge of giving the WWE bad publicity.

When the WWE was forced to respond to the allegations, they simply said that Brock Lesnar would not be appearing on WWE programming until SummerSlam in late-August. While that isn’t a hindrance to the Beast Incarnate, what could happen as a result of the possible anti-doping violation may be. According to F4WOnline.com and WrestleZone.com, Brock Lesnar may face a heavy fine if the violation comes back official.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission could fine Brock Lesnar anywhere from $1.25 million to $1.875 million if he did indeed violate USADA’s anti-doping policy.

If Lesnar is fined, the amount of money could vary depending on the substance for which he tested positive. According to
, athletes may be fined 50 to 75 percent of their purse if they fail a drug test for anabolic steroids, and the fine could be lower if the NSAC believes Lesnar inadvertently took a tainted supplement.

To put it simply, money isn’t a worry for Brock Lesnar. It’s the stigma of being a “cheater” when working as a professional fighter. A guy like Jones will be remembered as one of the best fighters to ever live. However, he has dealt with his demons and even suffered the consequences on occasion. Jones will have to live with that too.

post-481684-0-72059500-1468922591_thumb.jpg

Lesnar has never been in trouble with steroids or performing enhancing drugs. As he put it, he’s a “jacked white boy.” What does that say about the kind of man Brock Lesnar is? He’s always grown up on a farm and wrestled collegiately for Minnesota. He became an NCAA Heavyweight champion. Being big was never an issue for the former-WWE champion.

There’s a rumor of Brock Lesnar using an asthma inhaler as the reason for his anti-doping violation. Whether that’s true or not has yet to be confirmed. If it’s just that, Lesnar’s reputation will remain unscathed. Even if it’s for marijuana, people won’t care as much as steroids or performing enhancing drugs. If it wasn’t a huge WWE star, then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. Since it is Brock Lesnar, it automatically becomes a huge discussion.

Jon Jones' UFC suspension extended after officials reveal results of drug test
  • Jones, 28, tested positive for clomiphene and letrozole
  • Star will remain suspended until formal hearing later in the year

post-481684-0-72275700-1468922965_thumb.jpg

Jon Jones’s suspension from the octagon has been extended after officials revealed on Monday that the UFC star tested positive for two banned estrogen blockers, clomiphene and letrozole.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission confirmed that Jones had clomiphene and letrozole in his system when he tested positive on 16 June. The substances are banned year-round by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

The Nevada district attorney’s office informed the NSAC of a potential hearing date in September or October. Jones will remain suspended until then after his Nevada fight license was extended by a unanimous vote.

Jones, 28, denied using banned substances in a tearful press conference two weeks ago. He was pulled from a light heavyweight championship fight against Daniel Cormier three days before UFC 200, and his team speculated that tainted supplement use had cause of the positive test.

UFC president Dana White said he believed Jones’s claim that he had taken a banned substance unwittingly, but said it should have never been allowed to reach that stage.

“Listen, I’m not the biggest Jon Jones fan right now, but I truly believe that he did take a supplement that had banned stuff in it, and it wasn’t intentional,” White said. “I truly believe that.

“But at the same time, come on, OK? You’re 28 years old, and you’re probably the greatest talent to ever step foot in this sport, right? Call USADA and tell them what supplements you’re taking. You’ve already been through this history of just absolute madness. Why did you – forget about doing it to us – why would you do this to yourself?”

Jones faces a two-year suspension under the policies of UFC’s drug program and the United States Anti-Doping Agency.

Shortly after he was removed from UFC 200, Jones and his agent, Malki Kawa, requested the B-sample from June 16 to be analyzed. Results of the B-sample test confirmed the presence of the banned substances.

“They found something in one of my samples,” Jones said on 8 July. “I don’t even know how to pronounce it. I’ve been taking the same supplements the majority of my career. I’ve been so outspoken about being against any type of performance enhancers. To this day, I’m extremely against performance enhancers.

“The whole thing sucks. Being labeled as someone who would cheat hurts more than anything else I’ve ever been through in my career.”

Jones’ agent Malki Kawa claims his client missed out on an eight-figure payday over the cancelled fight with Cormier.

“You’re talking about an eight-figure payday,”Kawa told MMAFighting.com. “Eight figures. Conor [McGregor] can talk about whatever he gets and all of that, Jon is by far the highest paid guy in the UFC, and the numbers that were shown that day for everybody from Brock [Lesnar] and the way down, Jon was making more than all of that. So for me, we lost out on an eight-figure payday, including myself.”

Brock Lesnar failed second doping test on night of UFC 200, promotion says
  • UFC says Lesnar failed second test on sample taken night of fight
  • Lesnar, 39, earned $2.5m for victory over Mark Hunt at UFC 200

post-481684-0-31217400-1469084181_thumb.jpg

The UFC says heavyweight Brock Lesnar failed a second doping test in a sample taken on the night of his victory over Mark Hunt at UFC 200.

The US Anti-Doping Agency notified Lesnar last week about his first potential violation of the UFC’s policy from an out-of-competition test last month.

The UFC says Lesnar tested positive for the same unnamed substance in both tests. While the substance hasn’t been identified in accordance with Usada policy, a source told ESPN that Lesnar was flagged for clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker that Jon Jones tested positive for.

The 39-year-old Lesnar declined to comment Tuesday on the UFC’s disclosure of his second positive test.

Lesnar is among the most popular athletes in both mixed martial arts and professional wrestling. He beat Hunt by decision on 9 July, handily winning his first MMA fight in 4½ years.

He made a UFC-record $2.5m guaranteed purse at UFC 200, likely along with undisclosed millions in bonuses.

Chad Mendes follows Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones in failing doping tests in UFC... why the sudden spate of misdemeanours?
  • Chad Mendes has a two-year ban for testing positive for a growth hormone

post-481684-0-06824600-1469114633_thumb.jpg

Chad Mendes is the latest UFC fighter to be served with a drugs ban after the featherweight contender was given a two-year suspension after testing positive for a growth hormone.

His ban follows the failed tests of former light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and returning heavyweight Brock Lesnar who are waiting to discover their fates.

So why the sudden spate of misdemeanours? Sportsmail investigates...

Has there always been a large number of failed tests in the UFC?

In short, no. The company decided to clamp down last year by asking the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to roll out a programme.

Ok, more on that later. But before then, was it just a rampant free-for-all?

Not quite, but testing was far less frequent than it is today. Over the course of 2013/14, around 900 in-competition tests (the 12-hour window before and after a fight) were carried out (22 failed) but only 19 tests were conducted out of competition, i.e. in the weeks prior to a fight (five failed). After Anderson Silva was banned early last year following his victory over Nick Diaz, he revealed he had been randomly tested for the first time in his 18-year professional career.

It is expected however, that 2,750 tests will be carried out each year as part of the new programme.

What about testosterone?

Ah, TRT, or testosterone replacement therapy. The UFC was long blighted by the practice which, while legal, allowed fighters with naturally low testosterone levels to have them artificially enhanced, providing they had a certificate from a doctor. But low testosterone levels can also be a result of anabolic steroid use and the banning of TRT two years ago signalled the start of the UFC’s determination to deal with its perceived drug problem.

post-481684-0-45791400-1469114727_thumb.jpg

That was just the start?

Yes. A spate of failed tests in late 2014/early 2015 – including Silva and Hector Lombard – forced the UFC to take action. And in fairness, they went further than many expected. USADA was brought on board and Jeff Novitzky, who brought Lance Armstrong to justice, was appointed as the promotion’s Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance. He said athletes would be subject to ‘unannounced, year-round in- and out-of-competition testing… with the possibility of a collection occurring any place, any time, with no notice.’ A failed test for anabolic steroids, growth hormones or doping drugs would mean a ban of up to two years for a first offence. The near-3000 tests each year amounts to around five per athlete.

Has it worked?

When the new regime was announced, the UFC admitted the problem would get worse before it got better. In other words, the increased number of tests would lead to more failed tests until athletes realised they couldn’t cheat the system. At present, seven, including Mendes, are serving bans ranging from six months to two years. A further seven – including Jones and Lesnar – are awaiting a verdict on their own failed tests. The UFC have also not been shy to test their star attractions with Conor McGregor and Holly Holm each providing 13 samples over the last 12 years while Jones (8) and Ronda Rousey (10) are also near the top of the list.

But wasn’t Lesnar given a free ride?

Not exactly. Having announced at a month’s notice that the former heavyweight champion and current WWE star was making his Octagon comeback, the UFC agreed he would be exempt from their normal four-month testing period for returning athletes. But Lesnar was in fact tested eight times, both in and out of competition, before he beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on July 9. It has since been confirmed that he failed two of the eight tests which likely means his comeback will be short-lived.

post-481684-0-32900000-1469114864_thumb.jpg

What about Jones?

Jon Jones tested positive for two banned substances; clomiphene, which increases testosterone secretion, and letrozole, which prevents it being synthesised into estrogen.

He is provisionally suspended pending the result of an investigation but is adamant that the failed test was a result of contaminated supplements.

If he can prove that is the case, he could face six months on the sidelines rather than two years, as was the case with Yoel Romero who was able to prove that a supplement he took contained a banned ingredient not on the label.

So what next?

It doesn’t get much bigger than losing the main event of UFC 200 three days out and the promotion will hope that a tearful Jones addressing the media in Las Vegas will prove to be the nadir. They will not want the last-minute cancellation of multi-million pound main events to become the norm but having set their stall out so bullishly, they must now hope the athletes take it upon themselves to finish the job.

I just saw this on yahoo. i'm not even familiar with the promotion.WSOF. World Series of Fighting. I had to look it up to know more about it. It's a small MMA promotion based out of Las Vegas. They're holding a tournament in Manila on July 30 at Smart Araneta Coliseum

post-481684-0-04878700-1469340593_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to the ticketnet site to buy tickets for the event.

http://www.etix.com/ticket/p/2988982/wsof-global-championship-3philippines-quezon-city-smart-araneta-coliseum

Mark Hunt unloads on UFC over Brock Lesnar situation: 'F**k your sh*t company'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lg7b1P550g

Mark Hunt is furious about the Brock Lesnar situation and he's not going to stay quiet about it.

In an explosive interview Monday on The MMA Hour, Hunt unloaded on both the UFC and Lesnar, criticizing the UFC for allowing Lesnar to fight Hunt at UFC 200 despite the WWE superstar failing two drug tests ahead of UFC 200.

Both test results were handled by USADA and came back positive for the anti-estrogen agent hydroxy-clomiphene in the days after Lesnar handed Hunt a one-sided decision loss at the bicentennial event.

"Before the fight I was assuming he was cheating," Hunt said. "Look at him. There's no way that guy makes 265 pounds. That guy is a gimp, he's sticking needles in his ass like the rest of these cheaters. And the thing about that is, he's sitting here saying ‘this is a fair place.' Well, it's not fair. These guys are cheating and they should be in court for it. (They should) lose all of their money if they're cheating, because if I die in there, who's going to look after my family.

"That's corrupt sh*t, man. These motherf*ckers should be penalized hard. Dirty, scummy, cheating scum. That's how that monkey won his world title. He didn't do it by doing it clean. He did it by cheating, just like the rest of these cheaters."

On Monday, Hunt said that the UFC had yet to contact him about the Lesnar situation and urged the UFC to take action.

Hunt pointed out that Lesnar's failure marked the third time he fought an opponent in the UFC only for that opponent to fail a subsequent fight-related drug test. Hunt encountered similar situations with his 2013 draw against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and his victory over Frank Mir this past March.

Hunt said that he was glad, in a way, to have lost to Lesnar, because a win would've given him the ability to gloss over the problem, just as he had with Silva and Mir.

"The best outcome is if the company that I work for says, ‘you've been cheating, you lose all of your [fight earnings], and since it was cheating, you get fined. You get sued and you get a fine. You're going to straight to court, criminal court, because what you've done is an offense.' That's what I want done," Hunt said. "So that these guys who are cheating don't have more incentive to do it, because they do it for financial gain. If you take all of that away, they get nothing.

"Make them banned for five or 10 years. There goes your career. Five, 10 years, you have no career left and not only that, you lose all of your money. You're done as a fighter. That'll stop you from doing it. That's what I want to see done. I won't be a part of any company who says ‘we don't mind you cheating or doing this or that,' otherwise then every monkey will be [cheating]."

Hunt went on to wonder aloud whether the UFC's decision to grant Lesnar an exemption to the four-month testing window required of returning fighters meant there was more going on with UFC 200 than met the eye.

"What upsets me about that is, I'm just thinking maybe they knew," Hunt said. "Did they know about this? Is that why they're not doing anything about it? Did they give this f*cking fool an exemption for four months because they knew about this? Because surely if they knew about this, they don't give a rat's about any of us. ‘Hey man, we'll let this juiced up freaking money go in here and then go and fight with this guy.' I mean, shucks, people say you should have a rematch with him. I wouldn't want to waste my time with that. He's rubbish. And they say ‘he beat you up.' If he didn't stick a needle in his ass, then maybe it would be different.

"If you've got a big needle in your ass then you must be really scared of losing. I think this is a time that a union needs to be formed. All of these fighters need to get together, because we're sending the wrong message. The message we're sending out to all of these people who are watching this sport, aw man, you can get away with f*cking anything. To make it in the UFC, you stick a needle in your ass, end up getting millions of dollars if you make it to the top. That's easy. Better that, give you an exemption for four months, and not only that, they'll give you your own press conference. That fool had his own press conference and made everyone wait for his own press conference. What a joke."

When reached for comment, a UFC official told MMA Fighting that UFC Vice President of Athlete Health & Performance Jeff Novitzky had a "lengthy conversation" with Hunt on Monday afternoon to address Hunt's concerns with Lesnar's potential anti-doping violation, as well as the results management process related to the case. The official said the organization would continue to keep Hunt updated on the process when information is available.

Through a spokesperson, the UFC also "adamantly denied" any claims that the organization knew of a positive test prior to Hunt's bout against Lesnar on July 9.

Regardless, Hunt echoed statements he made last week, repeatedly calling for the development of a fighter's association and stating that he was willing to take legal action if nothing is done to make the situation right. Hunt also added that he will take his talents elsewhere unless the UFC takes action.

"I'll go and work somewhere else," Hunt said. "Like I said, I don't give a sh*t. If we've got to sue their asses, well then f*ck you, you're going to get sued. You scummy c*nts. The problem is everyone these days, ‘man, I want to get into the UFC.' F*ck the UFC. You're sh*t. You motherf*ckers don't look after nobody.

"We'll let this f*cking white piece of sh*t f*cking stick needles in his ass and say, ‘oh, he's going to take us all the way to the f*cking bank.' Let's give him f*cking millions of dollars and not worry about this motherf*cker. You know what? F*ck that and f*ck your sh*t company. Look at that for a contract. You can sue me on that, motherf*ckers.

"People are scared for years because the company is going to get them," Hunt added. "Well, f*ck the company. They don't give a sh*t about you or anyone else. If I walk away now, I don't care. I walk away knowing that I haven't cheated to get in this spot. I can keep my head [up] and say, you know, I might have to make a lot of different sacrifices to change the way things are, but so be it. That's fine. At least I knew that I went to the top and all you find at the top are dirty f*cking scummy cheaters, and a company that's going to help them do it.

"I'll be comfortable with that. There's no way I even worry about that. You get told that it's a clean sport, and people are testing, they're doing this and that, that's fine you're doing all that testing, but what penalties are these monkeys giving them? You're not giving no penalties at all. USADA, f*cking NASA, whatever the f*ck they are, what penalties are they giving them? Nothing. They're just saying, ‘oh hey, we caught this guy cheating and he has to give us all this money.' Why the f*ck should you get it? Why should they get that sh*t? They're not the ones who lost. They're not the ones who had their brand go down. I didn't say anything when I beat the other two guys who I fought who were cheating, and probably the rest of the other cheaters that I fought, but at the end of the day, enough is enough."

strong words for Hunt. guys who sung "I did it my way" had nowhere to go after they left the UFC. I do agree with him that cheating has to stop. Unfortunately like all other sports, you can get away with it if you are a big name. His solution of having a union is a farcry. Not with how the UFC is monopolizing the business. I wish him well if he walks away. Wondering how many people read this article anyway.

UFC 201 Preview: Robbie Lawler To Fight Tyron Woodley In Third Title Defense

post-481684-0-59840600-1469716477_thumb.jpg

Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz are all the talk in the UFC’s welterweight division these days, but in case you forgot, Robbie Lawler holds the belt and has had it for a long time. Lawler aims to defend his title for the third time Saturday night when he faces Tyron Woodley in the UFC 201 main event in Atlanta.

Woodley hasn’t fought since defeating Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 183 via split decision nearly 18 months ago. Woodley was lined up to fight at UFC 192 against Johny Hendricks, but when Hendricks pulled out because of a kidney stone,

Woodley decided to adopt a “no strap, no scrap” policy and not accept any non-title bouts. Woodley’s patience paid off, as he now receives a shot at the title against a formidable opponent in Lawler, who earned the belt way back in 2014 at UFC 181 when he beat Hendricks via split decision. Lawler then defended his belt at UFC 189 against Rory McDonald and once more at UFC 195 against Carlos Condit.

Both title defenses were all-out brawls to remember for the ages. Lawler’s victory against McDonald, in which he avoided a loss by decision with a fifth-round knockout, was voted Fight of the Year for 2015 at the World MMA Awards.

Despite his dominance, Lawler hasn’t received nearly as much buzz as the boisterous McGregor and Diaz, who will fight in an anticipated rematch at UFC 202. That said, the 34-year-old has the experience and guile to withstand the speedy attack expected from Woodley.

Also on the main card is a key women’s strawweight bout between Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Rose Namajunas. The winner will have a good shot at challenging champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk for the belt in the near future.

Edited by hahnz
  • 2 weeks later...

Conor McGregor going into a 'war zone' for Nate Diaz rematch, UFC 202 will 'smash' PPV record

By Adam Guillen Jr.

@AdamGuillenJr on Aug 16, 2016, 12:00p

post-481684-0-23419500-1471428915_thumb.jpg

With UFC 202 around the corner, Las Vegas, Nevada, may not have many Irish fans in attendance when Conor McGregor steps into the Octagon to face Nate Diaz for a second time on Aug. 20, 2016. That's because a round trip ticket from Ireland to "Sin City" isn't cheap. And since numerous Irish fans likely coughed up a lot of coin in advance to see McGregor rematch Diaz at UFC 200 as originally planned before it was cancelled -- or have their finances tied in other sporting events going around globally such as the Olympics -- some of them won't likely make the sacrifice this time around.

No partying in the streets this weekend, apparently.

As a result, McGregor predicts he will go into hostile "enemy territory" this weekend -- unlike at UFC 196 back in March --telling "The MMA Hour" that Diaz's fan base may outweigh his come fight night.

"I estimate that I'll be fighting in enemy territory this time," he said. "Usually it's been home for me in this place, with traveling fans. I'm estimating I'm going into a war zone here," McGregor said (via MMA Fighting). "That's what I'm estimating, that's what I've been preparing for, that's what I'm looking forward to."

That said, McGregor hopes to fight again in Ireland soon, something he hasn't done since taking out Diego Brandao two years ago in Dublin. First, "Notorious" says he has to take care of business stateside before he can go back home and compete in front of his countrymen.

post-481684-0-26428200-1471429145_thumb.jpg

"I fight all the f#&king time, so it's getting close for me now that I want to fight back home, that I want to give my fans back home a fight, he said. "I've been kept away from my home for a while. I understand that it's big business out here, and that's why we're here.

"I've got to handle myself, too. As much as I want to perform for the fans back home -- and I want to have those shows back home and do that -- I've still got to handle my business out here. So I know my countrymen will be supporting me wherever they are, and I know there will be many here in town, and I know there will be even more back home in Ireland and all over the world supporting me. So, I am content with that for now."

Indeed, McGregor is confident that ticket sales will still be through the roof, expecting to have a packed T-Mobile Arena. And once the dust settles, the Featherweight champ says all records will be broken as he continues to take over the entire combat sports game.

"The ticket sales have been great for it, for a such a big arena at this time of year, the end of summer with everything going on. I'm very happy with it. We're talking record breaking again," he claimed.

"You know that. You know the pay-per-view buys will be smashed. I've dominated the headlines it seems. I have every game wrapped up. I have the boxing game, I have the wrestling game. I have this game wrapped up for years now. What else can I do? This will break all records and I'm very happy with it."

To my knowledge, McGregor hasn't participated in a boxing match or professional wrestling match, but he has been doing well with the PPV buys. It has not been for lack of trash-talking effort, though, as Floyd Mayweather can attest.

Nevertheless, the confident Irishman says he's in charge and when he meets Diaz for a second time this Saturday, fully intent on showing the first loss was a mere misstep on his path to all-time greatness.

Something Diaz would like to blow up ... again.

Edited by hahnz

Trilogy! If there ever will be a third fight, make mine Mcgregor.

no disrespect but what for? I know it is entertaining and it rakes in the money but it is just that, entertainment. the sport side of it is lagging behind. if connor opting for the 3rd fight, that leaves the 145-lb belt in limbo and it will be up to aldo so defend the interim belt he holds, which means nothing in my opinion. I say he should go on with the unification fight with aldo so that other guys at 145 can finally have their crack at the title. that belt has been floating around for 2 years running. what if connor suffers an injury, which he did, as he was barely able to walk after the fight? will we wait for another 2 years for him to fight for his belt? He better let go of the championship and let him fight whoever he wants at whatever division.

BTW, I had Nate winning 3 rounds to 2 but it could have gone either way. Nate exposed flaws in Connor's gameplan. Connor obviously needs to finish guys in under 2 rounds or else he will gas out. His ground game in non-existent as seen in part 1 and that stupid coach should never have told him he is winning the clinch battles. I thought the fight was going to end by round 3. If round 5 was 10 seconds longer, Nate would have submitted him..... too long a tirade but as Nate said, "it's all good!"

UFC returns to Manila for Fight Night event in October

post-481684-0-60005500-1472047385_thumb.jpg

The UFC will make its second trip to Manila on October 15 when SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay, Manila, Philippines plays host to a UFC Fight Night card.

The UFC announced the event via a press release.

“We are very excited to be back in the Philippines,” Executive Vice President and General Manager of UFC Asia Kenneth Berger stated in the press release. “The consistently warm reception we receive from Filipino fans and last year’s sold out event shows us that UFC has an incredibly strong following in the country. Manila is a fighting city and we hope to put on another unforgettable show that will capture the hearts of Filipino sports fans throughout the country.”

The first time the octagon came to the Philippines was UFC Fight Night 66, which took place May 16, 2015. Mark Munoz won his final bout with an emotional decision victory over Luke Barnatt in the co-main event while Frankie Edgar beat Urijah Faber by decision in the night’s featured bout.

Broadcast details for the October card were not given in the press release, but UFC Fight Night 66 streamed live on UFC Fight Pass. Due to time zone differences, it is likely that will be the case again.

Edited by hahnz