Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Holly vs. Amanda would have been more interesting.

It won't happen anytime soon since Holly is going after the new 145 lbs. belt.

It does not seem like there'd be much headlining coming from the entire women's division in 2017 unless Ronda keeps trotting herself back out there for another run.

Enough of Ronda, she had more promotion than the real champ. Had enough of this baby.

When Ronda lost to Holly Holm it affected her psyche and her confidence. Because she was on such a high thinking that she would go undefeated. Coming into this fight I've read that she wasn't taking any media interviews, when Dana White came into her locker room. It was quiet like a church. Which was totally different when she was winning. She didn't look relaxed.

According to this clip from Sportscenter where they were talking about Ronda's mindset and preparation for this fight which was the opposite of what she used to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7EHufvBQlc

This only told me that Ronda has lost that edge which gave her the psychological advantage over her opponents. She lost that confidence that would intimidate opponents. When an opponent is not afraid of you. You start questioning yourself and she wasn't into it.

You would think that Ronda would have done improvements in her game when she deals with Strikers like Holm and Nunes. But it looked more of the same. Once Nunes landed that right hand. You saw Ronda stagger and she looked hurt from that initial strike which led to Nunes pouring it on. Referee Herb Dean saved her from getting a serious head injury from all those bombs.

Ronda's done. She is mentally weak. It took a while for her to face a fighter who has tremendous knockout power and now we know that she can't handle them.

Now i'm more than wondering if she was actually dodging Cyborg not agreeing to a catchweight and instead wanting Cyborg to drop to 135lbs which she knew would be difficult for Cyborg to do as she has always had trouble cutting weight.

Now we know she's not who the media was portraying her to be.

Despite everything that was said about RR, mostly negative including those I said myself, I still think it is not too late to make a come back and make a run for a tile. It may take a year, 2 years or more. She needs to move camp, her mother already gave statements years ago that sticking to that kindergarten gym of Edmond Tarverdyan is not good for her. Even during the Correia fight, we already saw flaws in that striking game. You cannot trade shots with a boxer/kickboxer with a flat-footed stance. I saw no rhythm in her movement. She was tight on the shoulders. I even saw at least 2 attempts to clinch and it was not even close to looking like a sweet hug. She is 29, I don't know when women peak in MMA. It is obvious her current gym has not prepared her enough physically and mentally for Nunes.

At least now we can have matches that make sense for that division. As of right now, let Amanda have her time in the spotlight. She was sorely missed in the promotion of this card. She said it didn't bother her but if she remains champ and start missing promotion and sponsors then we will be hearing from her.

As of right now, I am looking forward to TJ vs Dominick 2. Hope it happens real soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...