Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I knew it. Maybe the reason he gave about spending time with his family during his last fight with Overeem was just an excuse.

Ang balita, because of his health issues, he can't compete anymore in MMA. So with pro wrestling, at least medyo controlled pa ang mga bumps and bruises. Or something like that

Here's his return to the WWE. The crowd went nuts when his music hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_7OGu3MSp4&feature=relmfu

Ang balita, because of his health issues, he can't compete anymore in MMA. So with pro wrestling, at least medyo controlled pa ang mga bumps and bruises. Or something like that

In my opinion its just plainly and simply, He cannot compete with real fighters.. This is where he excels and might as well do it while he still can..

I do not think it has anything to do with his health.. he was more hurt in the WWE before he came to MMA.. I remember one interview with him saying that he is taking more pain killers than what he is accustomed to during his peak in the WWE.. And it is true.. Weekly shows touring all over the US is more gruelling than at least a month preparation for one fight..

Hmmmm.. Makes me wonder what arrangements Vinnie Mac and Dana White did on this one..

I think the reason why Lesnar is back in the WWE is because the hazards are lesser and he still has a high pay.

What the hell happened to REEM? TRT (Testosterone Replacement Theraphy) ba ang alibi nya? Sa totoo lang di naman nya kelangan ng steroids against Lesnar e. His experience alone is enough to beat Lesnar. I think Frank Mir as a replacement is a nice move, he's been riding a mean streak lately and his stand up is getting better. I think all he needs to do is force it to the ground and break JDS arms or legs.

Correct me if needed but I recall JDS' takedown percentage is the highest amongst the UFC. From his championship bout, Cain tried to shoot twice or three times and got stuffed, was discouraged and decided to trade which the outcome didn't turn to favor him.

Though Mir is more versed on the ground over JDS, Santos' right is ridiculous. He's also got a tough chin never to have been stunned so that works for him as well. We all know Mir is NOT going to try and trade with Dos Santos. I can't wait...

I agree with you, I think Mir's chances of winning are greater when the fight is taken in the ground than standing with JDS. This is a blockbuster fight and I can't wait to watch it but wikipedia and UFC news states:

"Mir is expected to face Cain Velasquez on May 26, 2012 at UFC 146 in a number 1 contender's match for the UFC Heavyweight Championship. However on 4 April, 2012 Alistair Overeem tested positive in a pre fight drug test and though Mir was thought to be considered to replace Overeem, Dana White stated publicly that the Mir-Velasquez fight is still happening despite Overeem likely being dropped from his fight with JDS. "

The JDS vs Reem fight is way better than JDS vs Mir but nevertheless I enjoy each and every match-up in that heavyweight card. Can't wait! I wonder who will replace Reem? Or are they gonna pull-out JDS instead?

For me, Junior has an advantage based on paper

Not criticizing your pick but I think Overeem has the upper hand here. JDS main weapon is his elite mma boxing and his takedown defense. He has skills in BJJ, Wrestling and shows good technique in the clinch but he prefers the stand up game and by letting his hands go. On the other hand he hasn't fought a guy who is so good in the distance game and uses both his arms and legs excellently and accurately. Remember kicking distance needs more distance than arm distance. Reems kicks will reach JDS before his punches reach Reems. I feel Overeem has the better experience and technique on the stand-up than JDS.

I think the only person that has a chance to beat Reem is the guy who has quick and powerful greco/freestyle wrestling/judo takedown techniques and has an excellent submission game. He's on top of his striking game right now.

Edited by StaticJess

Not criticizing your pick but I think Overeem has the upper hand here. JDS main weapon is his elite mma boxing and his takedown defense. He has skills in BJJ, Wrestling and shows good technique in the clinch but he prefers the stand up game and by letting his hands go. On the other hand he hasn't fought a guy who is so good in the distance game and uses both his arms and legs excellently and accurately. Remember kicking distance needs more distance than arm distance. Reems kicks will reach JDS before his punches reach Reems. I feel Overeem has the better experience and technique on the stand-up than JDS.

I think the only person that has a chance to beat Reem is the guy who has quick and powerful greco/freestyle wrestling/judo takedown techniques and has an excellent submission game. He's on top of his striking game right now.

Very nice opinion Bro. Overeem is of course a highly rated fighter that's why he was chosen to battle it out against Dos Santos